• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MEGALODON LIVES! Great White Shark found half eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiSTM

Banned
211nmef.jpg

Jay Sosa

WretchedTruman said:
Honestly, the reason why shark attacks on people get so much media attention is because it's damn rare. Look up the statistics; you'll be surprised.

basically, bee's > sharks, by a mile.

Well I don't know about you, But I'd rather be attacked by 20 bees than by one shark..

Daigoro

Terrascape said:
I love sharks, I wish so many people didn't hate them though...

*sniff* poor, poor little sharkies.

you sounds like a shark apologist.

the reality of dangers from sharks is probably a little worse than you would like us to believe, isnt it?

ISNT IT?!

shuri

Banned
Salazar said:
Here's one Gold Coaster who won't be even stepping on the goddamn sand for a while.

Incidentally, the girl Sarah who was mauled by a shark a while ago was swimming with her dog at dusk in an infamously sharky spot. She committed fucking suicide.
wait, what, she was bitten again? what happened to the dog?

Krowley said:
It depends though. There are probably a lot of people that just disappear and are never found and then get reported as drownings. The ones we hear about are the ones where somebody was there to rescue the guy before he was completely devoured or somebody witnessed the situation. You don't hear about the guy that's gone. Nobody knows what happened to him, so it doesn't get reported as a shark attack. It would probably inflate the numbers a tiny bit if those were listed.

There are also the ship disasters, where we know that sharks have killed and eaten countless people waiting for rescue. In many cases, you can never be absolutely sure about those sorts of attacks and they don't get counted either, but we know from a few cases that are well documented that eventually the sharks do show up and eventually they do start killing people.

I think the reality of the danger from sharks is probably a little worse than shark apologists would like us to believe, but not as bad as popular culture would like us to believe. The ocean is theirs and the easiest way to avoid danger from them is to just stay out of it. That's what I do. My phobia is more than enough incentive.

Well, yeah...people disappear all over the world every day, in all different types of environments. If we take disappearances into account and associate them with different species known for taking lives, then the number inflates for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom