• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

It appears that Star Wars Battlefront II will support 4K on Xbox One X, with a possible catch

Several months ago I reported that Battlefront II would be 4K on Xbox One, but over the course of development, things changed a little.

I'd read on internal marketing proposals that EA's upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II would be "4K" on Xbox One X, and was a candidate for showcasing the console's power in future marketing materials. Obviously, with Sony having marketing rights to the game for PlayStation, that info became slightly problematic, but the 4K resolution aspect seemed to hold true.

At Gamescom 2017, the PlayStation 4 Pro version of Battlefront II was presented at 1080p full HD, at 60 frames per second (via DigitalFoundry). With the Xbox One X version being capable of full 4K with the option of VRR, it sounds as though Battlefront II might support multiple modes across consoles.

star-wars-battlefront-ii-store-listing.jpg

More at the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii-4k-xbox-one-x

JaggedSac

4K in BF2 is pretty huge too, even if checkerboarded (considering that the Pro version is running in 1080p).

The Pro's highest resolution option is 1080p currently? Wonder if this 4k mode is only available with VRR displays. At least to acknowledge that it won't be a steady 60.

Caayn

The Pro's highest resolution option is 1080p currently? Wonder if this 4k mode is only available with VRR displays. At least to acknowledge that it won't be a steady 60.
That would go against what Microsoft is doing with giving everyone access to all render modes (high resolution, high performance, etc) regardless of their display.

belvedere

Junior Butler

The alpha was running at 1080p. DF speculated that this may have only been for performance consistency at Gamescom and a higher resolution mode may make it for final.

JaggedSac

The alpha was running at 1080p. DF speculated that this may have only been for performance consistency at Gamescom and a higher resolution mode may make it for final.

Oh, they were basing it on an alpha. Seems to be a bit premature to say that Pro supports only 1080p then. Good to see that the X definitely will have it though. Curious to see how this big guy runs.

That would go against what Microsoft is doing with giving everyone access to all render modes (high resolution, high performance, etc) regardless of their display.

That rule only mentions all modes should be available to all. If the game only renders internally at 4k and simply downscale for 1080p users that rule would still be valid.

It's not final, but the gamescom demo was 1080p on the Pro. But then again, apparently neither is the final resolution/performance on Xbonex yet.

Do we already know if there is a chance that this console is indeed whisper quiet, not in the subjective kind of way like you see in ps pro threads.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The first time I played DE:MD I did without the patch. It looked terrible even if the game is 1080p on PS4 (I believe is lower on Xbox) Then, the patch installed and the difference was night and day. I shit you not, I'm not the one that exaggerates this sort of thing, but holy moly it looks so much better at 4K CBR. Imagine it at native or close on XBX, it should do wonders for the game.

Here's a screenshot I took of the game on Pro:

I agree completely. It looks terrible on Xbox One.

The enhancements provided by PS4 Pro really made a difference in image quality.

dreamfall

So now word on Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Watch Dogs 2? I wish Microsoft and these devs would be more forthcoming about which games already released are getting updates - I also hope that a lot of the Pro titles would receive the same enhancements on the X.

I agree completely. It looks terrible on Xbox One.

The enhancements provided by PS4 Pro really made a difference in image quality.
While the Pro might not be able to reach real 4K on many situations, I'm just glad they are providing a solution to those wanting better Image Quality than base consoles. Even 1440p provides a nice set of improvements image wise. That's why I don't understand many users fearing the fact that MS could use Checkerboard Rendering for their games. Checkerboard looks great, so does Temporal Injection and many of the modern reconstruction techniques.

Hold on, Battlefront 2 is 1080p on Pro and 4K (not yet confirmed native) in 4K on X?

That is quite the difference then, wow. Jez Corden did say BF1 was going to be native 4K on Scorpio a few months ago. So maybe it really is native then.

jbug617

Banned
Hold on, Battlefront 2 is 1080p on Pro and 4K (not yet confirmed native) in 4K on X?

That is quite the difference then, wow. Jez Corden did say BF1 was going to be native 4K on Scorpio a few months ago. So maybe it really is native then.

I don't think the Pro resolution have been finalized.

FN-2187

Nevermind I read it the article. I really hope the native 4K won't mean a variable framerate. Then I'd probably choose checkerboard.

For sure. Online shooters need to be locked 60, which Dice seems committed to these days. Maybe the variable framerate would be an option for the campaign?

Severianb

Do we already know if there is a chance that this console is indeed whisper quiet, not in the subjective kind of way like you see in ps pro threads.

Albert Panello said it will be as quiet as an Xbox One S most of the time, but for really stressful games, it will be slightly louder.

We have no idea what he considers a "stressful" game or what his definition of "slightly louder" is. But there you go.... it will be the loudest Xbox One ever made.

deadfolk

Has there been any confirmation yet as to what enhancements D2 will get?

Also wonder if XCOM 2 had any word on it, as it has a Pro update already.

I doubt it. The XCom updates for Pro are so subtle, I don't think there's even agreement on what changed. Seems pretty half hearted.

Klocker

Geez most of my current games are just sitting on my hard drive waiting for the X drop.

Nearly every single game I am playing will take advantage of it. I'm still enjoying them but it's hard knowing they're going to be even sweeter in a few
weeks.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
While the Pro might not be able to reach real 4K on many situations, I'm just glad they are providing a solution to those wanting better Image Quality than base consoles. Even 1440p provides a nice set of improvements image wise. That's why I don't understand many users fearing the fact that MS could use Checkerboard Rendering for their games. Checkerboard looks great, so does Temporal Injection and many of the modern reconstruction techniques.

No kidding.
Checkerboard 4K works pretty darn well.

Geez most of my current games are just sitting on my hard drive waiting for the X drop.

Nearly every single game I am playing will take advantage of it. I'm still enjoying them but it's hard knowing they're going to be even sweeter in a few
weeks.

Same, I've been buying bargain bin games that are getting the X patch too.

pelican

X is at EGX this weekend for UK gamers to get hands on before the launch.

First port of call tomorrow will be Mario Odyssey, but afterwards I'll be hitting up the Xbox booth.

Theorry

"Microsoft has today announced that the catalogue of enhanced games for Xbox One X now exceeds 130 titles. Games recently added to the ever expanding list include Far Cry 5, Okami HD, L.A. Noire, and new IP Greedfall."

Spasm

After spending a whopping $5 on Star Wars Battlefront 1, I hope there'd be, at very least, a 1080p patch for the X.

Top Bottom