• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Akai__

When does MS start typing this thing?
Release some direct feed vids of enhanced titles, let DF disect them, get everyone talking.

Our are they being quiet for a reason?
So far we have only seen tomb raider, ass creed and forza 7.

I have the same question. Apart from the obvious Xbox One X advertisement trailer, does Microsoft actually have any other plans?

Seems like the Halo Livestream tomorrow is the only thing so far and we don't even know, if it actually will be about Halo 5 4K or about the weird BC feature that will be exclusive to the Xbox One X. Speaking about Halo... I believe you can add Halo Wars 2 to your list of shown enhanced titles.

I need to get an external drive going so I can ease the transfer process. Any recommendations?

I bought an external Toshiba HDD (2.5", 1TB and USB 3.0) for just 20€ like two weeks ago. I'm not sure if I'll ever use it afterwards, but that's completely fine for that price. You will probably find a good deal somewhere.

When does MS start typing this thing?
Release some direct feed vids of enhanced titles, let DF disect them, get everyone talking.

Our are they being quiet for a reason?
So far we have only seen tomb raider, ass creed and forza 7.

Patches take time. It's not easy or realistic to ask developers to go back and work on a game they have already put behind them.

I think the thing that you are missing is that going forward every mulitplatform game will be better on the One X. Just like they've almost all been better on PS4 until now. Games currently in development will benefit and everything in the future will as well.

Sizzle reels and demos showing off the power difference is great, but the entire baseline for performance is changing.

FYI: We'll be getting some info on the Halo 5 patch tomorrow.

IT'S A LIVE...

...stream, and you should watch it. Like, seriously, try to catch this one. Oct. 17, 4PM PT. Put it on your calendar, keep it secret, keep it safe. We'll have some updated info on the recently announced Halo World Championship 2018, as well as new deets on Halo 5's upcoming November update (4K, Weapon Tuning, etc.). You can catch it both on www.mixer.com/Halo and www.twitch.tv/Halo

TheLittleMoa
I recall ske7ch saying the Xbox One X update wouldn't have any new content, so set your expectations.

ske7ch343
Well, that's not totally true - turns out there are a few things but in terms of stuff like prior updates (new REQs, maps, etc..) no, this scope is smaller. Still, I'm excited for a lot of bug fixes and improvements and I think folks will dig an unexpected surprise or two.

KageMaru

Sweet. Halo 5 will certainly benefit from a higher res and higher quality textures. Can't wait to hop back in.

If the texture upgrade is anything like Halo 5 Forge, it's nothing to get excited about.

I'm hoping they address the half rate animations at a distance.

Would also be awesome to hear some news on MCC.

Theorry

Cant wait to play BF1 on the X. Really hope its locked 60fps. Every BF on OG Xbox One has been struggeling with framerate on big maps. Just want to play it locked. The increased res will be a bonus.

Akai__

Going off what Ske7ch has been saying we'll hopefully get an update on the MCC, be it actually plans or just news that it is staying the way it is, relatively soon.

343i says a lot of things. Not sure why people are still doing this to themselves. MCC support is dead. Been dead before Halo 5 even released.

JaggedSac

If the texture upgrade is anything like Halo 5 Forge, it's nothing to get excited about.

The half rate animations never bothered me. Seems like it is a big deal to a lot of people though.

343i says a lot of things. Not sure why people are still doing this to themselves. MCC support is dead. Been dead before Halo 5 even released.

Full quotes for context.

Is 343 Still ignoring the MCC?

My quest for a final call on MCC is not yet over. I'm fast approaching my one year anniversary at 343 and I feel for the first time an answer is nearly within reach. I still remain committed to providing a definitive answer, one way or the other, so we can all get on with our lives. :)

Every time I've tried to say "nothing will ever be done about the game" I've come to find that wasn't necessarily true. Trust me, I'm all for saying that as soon as folks will commit that's the case. Now I'm not so sure that is the case to be honest. I'm not spinning PR talk. I'm closer, I think, to a legitimate answer but still not at liberty to give that answer. There were a flurry of meetings 9 months ago and now, 9 months later, it's been a recurring topic again.

All I've said is that I think the studio is close to having a final position on MCC and thus being able to let everyone know if there will or won't ever be another update to the game.

I'd love to see MCC get some love (and I don't know if it'll ever be possible to fix every single lingering issue and complaint - but I'd love to give it one more shot). But if it's not happening then my goal is to close the door and get one with our lives.

It's just... complicated. That's of course incredibly simplistic to say but the reality is that there are just a ton of variables, dependencies and interwoven complications. If it were clear cut and straight forward I guarantee we'd have ended this dialog months/years ago - there's no shortage of desire here to give MCC the love it needs. The reason I've got renewed hope is that there have been some updates and advancements on the platform side that I think open up some avenues to do work the team has long wanted to do. (matchmaking is a specific example)

Can't undo the past at this rate but just letting players know one way or the other is still something I feel strongly about. I'd like to know, too. And you might find this surprising but MCC still does very well and is constantly drawing new players. It's far from "dead."

I didn't pick up The Evil Within 2 yet, because the box said nothing of X support (and currently there is no HDR on S, PS4, or Pro).

Found this through searching for information on the matter:

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/110378/no-ps4-pro-support-no-buy/4

We're working on an update for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. When we have more information, we'll happily update you. Thanks!

It may have been mentioned else where on the forum, but not in this thread, so I'm throwing the info in here, since the store page long dropped the 4K HDR labels. I know it's listed as compatible, in the OP, but I'd not been able to find any confirmation either way.

Sizzle55

I got the system update done today, I only have Gears 4 show under the One X tab. FH3, Death of the outsider and a few others should be there, I have the auto updates on and 4 K ticked. Am I missing something? Cheers

tombo85

I didn't pick up The Evil Within 2 yet, because the box said nothing of X support (and currently there is no HDR on S, PS4, or Pro).

Found this through searching for information on the matter:

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/110378/no-ps4-pro-support-no-buy/4

It may have been mentioned else where on the forum, but not in this thread, so I'm throwing the info in here, since the store page long dropped the 4K HDR labels. I know it's listed as compatible, in the OP, but I'd not been able to find any confirmation either way.
That's some good news.

I got the system update done today, I only have Gears 4 show under the One X tab. FH3, Death of the outsider and a few others should be there, I have the auto updates on and 4 K ticked. Am I missing something? Cheers
Looks like the X patches haven't been released yet for most things.

I've got Quantum Break, ROTTR, Forza 3 and a few others and they don't show under the X compatible option.

Thebonehead

Banned
Just picked up the Witcher goty edition for £14 in this week's Xbox live sale.

Will hold off until I get the patch for 1x.

Just finishing life is strange between short bursts of cuphead.

3 weeks to go...

Wordstar

Neo Member
how are you guys seeing the one x asset downloads and so on.
I cant find anything related to this.

I checked the download 4k box and my games are the same download sizes as yours 95gb forza 7 - 94gb gears.
But i cant see what pack is related to what. Wich one x tab are you talking about?

I've got the update, but I don't see a One X tab anywhere.

Jeez, one of the xbox vids said that 4k assets could be more than twice the size of the original game... whoa. I have a lot of x enhanced games waiting. May have to rethink my strategy here. :)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How is the Sony XBR-43X800E for gaming? Decent HDR?

That's a very low end Sony TV. It's by no means terrible, but for that price you can do much better.

For that price you are much much much better off getting the TCL P607/605 or a Vizio M series TV.

Despite being known for being cheap TCL and Vizio have outstanding TVs.

TCL
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55...dynamic-range-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y6FSV5Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Vizio

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-...th-high-dynamic-range/5762814.p?skuId=5762814

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Madden had an update a couple of weeks ago that added HDR. Still looks the same before the patch tbh.

starting to think that this one x tab is somehow tied to a specific region. Im in germany here and i dont get a one x tab either. Where is this tab supposed to be?

I think I may have figured it out. If you go to My Games & Apps, there is a drop down in the upper-right corner that defaults to "All". That can be changed to "Xbox One X Enhanced Games". When I do that, it filters my game list down.

Also, this from the Xbox One X Preorder thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252270527&postcount=6839

SuperPoncho

Neo Member
Picked up gears last night and was a little shocked to see 50gb download waiting for me. On the plus side I now finally have a game showing under Xbox one x enhanced.

Colbert

Banned
For me Gears 4 is the only game so far that is shown me as X enhanced. Game is 94GB. Don't know if this includes the patch or not. What was the controller key combination to display additional information? And when I have to press it?

So I know that we can pre-download these enhanced patches prior to the Xbox One X launch, but have they detailed how it works on the console itself? If I buy the One X and want to save HDD space, can I opt out of an enhanced patch?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

It is very much like Forge so keep your expectations in check however I think Forge looks amazing on my 4k TV and the campaign stuff on Scorpio looks better Imo. Ymmv.

Top Bottom