• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

That would be like a Dissidia KH game (i'd buy it instantly).

I loved playing as the organization members in Days.
One of my favorite things about KH2's Sephiroth battle, even though it's way too easy compared to the one in KH1, is the stuff where you and Sephiroth are both air comboing/recovering/countering each other. Suuuuper fun and it'd be great to basically play against other humans as though they're boss fights (and giving everyone a sort of berserk/super mode they can go into as well as a number of super moves).

Tsunamo

So i'm almost done with my DDD cleanup and I got the keyblades for beating all secret portals before I went to The World That Never Was, so i'm gonna assume they didn't add
Xemnas/SoD
boss portals afterall sadly.

Lnds500

Got it today. Playing now for the first time on an OG PS4. The framerate on 0.2 is terrible even in simple scenes. I don't know if it's dropping or if it's frame pacing but it's REALLY distracting

Got it today. Playing now for the first time on an OG PS4. The framerate on 0.2 is terrible even in simple scenes. I don't know if it's dropping or if it's frame pacing but it's REALLY distracting

Time flows differently in the realm of darkness. It's supposed to look like that!

Lnds500

Time flows differently in the realm of darkness. It's supposed to look like that!

lmfao

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I played it once and just started it again.

At first I thought it was too hard but after a while I got used to it.

There weren't kidding with the collection title. It truly is a prologue.

Congrats Osaka, youve made a worse boss that the Unknown. What is this
phantom aqua
bullshit at the end???
the
heartless cloud
is absolutely worse but the boss you're talking about is great, even better than BBSFM's armor of the master and no heart, imo

What is this
phantom aqua
bullshit at the end???
That's far and away the best boss fight the Osaka team's ever done, and it's up there with some of the better bosses from II. This should give you a good idea on how to tackle it.

With that stated holy fuck, Aqua can jump cancel her barrier. We character action now

spunodi

Couldn't wait, had to watch Back Cover. It was... well, I'm not sure I'll get that hour back.

However, it did have Knuckles and Noctis which was pretty cool. (Ray Chase gives a fun performance here - totally a highlight).

So how does it relate to anything? Not a damn clue.

NullKaze

Congrats Osaka, youve made a worse boss that the Unknown. What is this
phantom aqua
bullshit at the end???

Nah, the Secret Boss is one of the better fights Osaka has made. Proper revenge opportunities, ability to pull off two combo chains, can get through the fight without taking any damage,etc.

Hopefully, it's a prelude of the type of fights to come in KH3.

Tsunamo

Is this why we have to wait so long for KH3?
There's a 900+ mb patch for the game in the Japanese version if you haven't downloaded it already, might help.

For me personally though it seemed to be running at a solid 30fps the whole time on my OG PS4. I did get this weird jumpyness for one second twice in my 3 hour playthrough, but i'm hoping the patch resolved that.

Tsunamo

Couldn't wait, had to watch Back Cover. It was... well, I'm not sure I'll get that hour back.

However, it did have Knuckles and Noctis which was pretty cool. (Ray Chase gives a fun performance here - totally a highlight).

So how does it relate to anything? Not a damn clue.
The only thing I got out of it is that even though they basically still left them a mystery and didn't reveal anything at all
The Master of Masters keyblade was passed down even after the keyblade war in the new world (Master Xehanort has it now) and the eye allows him to see everything that's going to happen in the future, so unless he appears in Kingdom Hearts 3 or he endsup being Unchaineds final villain (pretty doubtful) then it's illuding to him being a character post-Kingdom Hearts 3 and is setting up for the new trilogy, the box I assume was a way to survive the keyblade war and so Luxu was probably who taught knowledge of the keyblade to people in the new world (and possibly served as Xehanort and Eraqus's master) But yeah other than that it was honestly pretty pointless.

wait holy shit 2.8 is out really soon
My heart is ready
Kingdom-Hearts-gif-kingdom-hearts-37667046-500-305.gif

Vashetti

Banned
Three days to release and it's still missing from the UK PS Store.

I know the response I got said it would definitely be up before the 24th, but how close are they gonna cut it - one minute before midnight? lol

Three days to release and it's still missing from the UK PS Store.

I know the response I got said it would definitely be up before the 24th, but how close are they gonna cut it - one minute before midnight? lol

Store normally updates on Tuesday, they're cutting it really close. Digimon World Next Order releases this week as well and it's not up either.

The last boss of 0.2 is seriously frustrating!
Edit: finally beat on proud, not looking forward to critical mode.
Not exactly a prologue felt like an anime filler episode or one of those short comics used to promote games.

Chase17

Do we know if any knowledge about the mobile game will be needed to understand back cover?

I played about an hour of it, but it seemed like I was far away from any story beats haha.

Do we know if any knowledge about the mobile game will be needed to understand back cover?

I played about an hour of it, but it seemed like I was far away from any story beats haha.

You'd probably need to know some terms and certain gameplay elements e.g. strength bangles. You also need to know some info about Dream Drop Distance.

Otherwise you're good to go.

Chase17

You'd probably need to know some terms and certain gameplay elements e.g. strength bangles. You also need to know some info about Dream Drop Distance.

Otherwise you're good to go.

Oh nice. I do a little bit of digging for mobile game info then. And also wait to watch it after I play DDD (which I've played before but am foggy on story beats in the last third of the game).

Thanks!

Lnds500

the
heartless cloud
is absolutely worse but the boss you're talking about is great, even better than BBSFM's armor of the master and no heart, imo

That's far and away the best boss fight the Osaka team's ever done, and it's up there with some of the better bosses from II. This should give you a good idea on how to tackle it.

With that stated holy fuck, Aqua can jump cancel her barrier. We character action now

Nah, the Secret Boss is one of the better fights Osaka has made. Proper revenge opportunities, ability to pull off two combo chains, can get through the fight without taking any damage,etc.

Hopefully, it's a prelude of the type of fights to come in KH3.

Everything is so much less forgiving now. Attacks can get interrupted, magic recharging is too slow, if you are attacking at the same time with someone else you won't cancel each other's attack out etc.

The boss actually looks like can break your guard unless it's timed super precisely and dodge roll should be 100% precise as well cause invincibility frames have been lowered.

Dunno, seemed like a pretty cheap fight for me - and that was on Proud. I am gonna try it again sometime but I seriously thought the odds are stuck against you.

Is there a way to get healing items post-game? Who thought of that for example?

Is this why we have to wait so long for KH3? There's a 900+ mb patch for the game in the Japanese version if you haven't downloaded it already, might help.

For me personally though it seemed to be running at a solid 30fps the whole time on my OG PS4. I did get this weird jumpyness for one second twice in my 3 hour playthrough, but i'm hoping the patch resolved that.

I know, I downloaded and installed the patch before starting the game. It's just really laggy sometimes. Spellweaver actually pauses the game for half a second every time you activate it. It's more noticeable when you are running around and moving the camera, cause the environments are move so quickly now.

I am getting a Pro down the line, which should do wonders even if it's not stable

raven777

I know, I downloaded and installed the patch before starting the game. It's just really laggy sometimes. Spellweaver actually pauses the game for half a second every time you activate it. It's more noticeable when you are running around and moving the camera, cause the environments are move so quickly now.

I am getting a Pro down the line, which should do wonders even if it's not stable

spellweaver activation pause is probably just technical thing that is not really about the frame drop.

I am playing on base PS4 and I also do notice some drops (or frame pacing issue... can't tell which tbh). I am not that sensitive to it and it's not to the point of unplayable level but it's definitely not perfect 30fps.

I do hope for the KH3 that they would give option for locked 30fps as well for Pro.

Tsunamo

Yeah i'm starting to notice it on the original PS4 model now, especially coming off of playing DDD for hours on end at 60fps.

If there's any game i'd actually be tempted to buy a Pro for performance boost on it'd be KH3/0.2.

zeemumu

2.8's loaded up. It feels like there's a huge jump in quality for this game in voice acting. Aqua's monologues are legitimately depressing.

preta

I want to get into the series for the first time with 1.5+2.5, but it's really awkward how close it releases to Persona 5. About how long is KH1FM, with and without postgame content? I want to know if I should even attempt to finish it in that one-week period. Also, what difficulty should I play on my first time?

I want to get into the series for the first time with 1.5+2.5, but it's really awkward how close it releases to Persona 5. About how long is KH1FM, with and without postgame content? I want to know if I should even attempt to finish it in that one-week period. Also, what difficulty should I play on my first time?

Probably like 25+ hours without side content, maybe around 40 hours if you do a bunch of other stuff.

Standard unless you like a challenge. In that case proud. Proud mode isn't THAT hard outside of few bosses around the beginning part.

Malyse

How concerned are you with getting the secret endings?

preta

Probably like 25+ hours without side content, maybe around 40 hours if you do a bunch of other stuff.

Standard unless you like a challenge. In that case proud. Proud mode isn't THAT hard outside of few bosses around the beginning part.

I wasn't expecting that, since I thought KH1 was supposed to be one of the harder games in the series, with Proud being the hardest difficulty, but I do want a challenge. I'll plan on doing that.

How concerned are you with getting the secret endings?

I would definitely like to get them.

zeemumu

I'm legitimately surprised that
Terra's actually still in there somewhere

And it took me a while to catch on to the fact that
Aqua calls Heartless demons because she's never seen Heartless before.

Top Bottom