• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Deception

Ugh, I keep telling myself I don't need this but the itch is so real!
I swear if this came out at $400 it would have bene an insta-buy but for now i'll wait until a sale or next Black Friday.

Hmm, all I see is some better filtering, that's about it?

if this is just filtering, i'll take it

GEARS360X.png

GriffinCorp

So excited to get my Xbox One X but Target shipped it by a snail, so I'll have to wait until the 14th. Nothing I can do but wait. Hope everyone is having a great time with theirs. I wished these companies would learn to ship like Amazon.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Just sent a snap chat with x gonna give it to ya in the background while zoooming in on the box.

Couldn't help it.

JP

Is anybody having issues playing UHD discs? I keep getting this error while trying to Watch Planet Earth II.
We are having trouble reading this. Make sure this is a Blu-Ray or DVD. If it’s a game, launch it from your game apps instead.
The other that I've tried appear to work fine but this title, the same one that they gave away to reviewers isn't working for me.

Is anybody having issues playing UHD discs? I keep getting this error while trying to Watch Planet Earth II.

The other that I've tried appear to work fine but this title, the same one that they gave away to reviewers isn't working for me.

The app is updated, right?

JP

The app is updated, right?
Yes, I double checked just to make sure.

I have a UK console and the UHD is the UK version too, it'd be interesting to hear if the same disc is working for others.

EDIT:
OK, that's strange. after messing around with a few discs, this will play but ONLY if I set it up to play automatically. It sounds like a bug to me, hopefully they'll sort it out.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
First impressions hardware wise.

It is shocking how much technology they crammed into such a small box that is this quite.

Thing is indeed heavy as fuck. Feels nice.

The gradient / texture whatever you want to call it on this project Scorpio Edition is extremely subtle and you can't really tell in less there's a light on it.

HDMI cable that came with it is extremely well-made. Might not sound like a big deal but a lot of devices that ship with HDMI cables usually end up being just average quality and can Fray and tear over time.

The controller I'm not too fond of in terms of the limited edition the project Scorpio logo looks kind of weird in the center they're going down in between the d-pad and the stick.

It doesn't have that pop like the day one edition of the OG Xbox One did, because that Chrome was clearly different. The only real difference here is the Scorpio logo and the greyed out buttons.

Updating now going to fire up Halo 5 first thing.

Spasm

Has anyone been able to successfully get HDR videos uploaded to YouTube with the S or X?

I'm doing my captures at full quality, straight to a memory stick, and when I plug the stick into my TV to watch, it's full 4k/HDR.

When I upload it to YouTube, however, YT complains that it's missing the requisite metadata for HDR, and it ends up being just 4k/SDR.

First impressions: Heaviest well built console I have ever seen! Console is whisper quiet. Mind blown by Gears 4, Assassin's Creed Origins and Rise of the Tomb Raider enriched visuals mode! Insects demo is very cute and cool! Now I can explain the technology easy to the wife and not so tech savy... Killer Instinct is a look clean at 4K... Gears 3 looks like a remaster now.... So much more games old and new to try and play with! Not much sleep since midnight... What a great time this is! Back to playing! X Given it to Me!

Microsoft really came through and beat Sony on console design here and Sony usually does design really well. So i dont know what Sony were thinking when the designed the Pro, it looks kinda "half-assed" and just big and fat.

It's not as heavy as the phat PS3, that one weighed in on about 2+ pounds more.

Went to Best Buy last night in Pleasant Hill California waiting in line to pick up my shiny new Xbox one that I pre-ordered. There was about 20 guys in line. As I'm waiting I hear a rep make an offer of some sort which at first I thought he was trying to sell us DirecTV. I ignore it, and as he walks away he says I guess nobody wants free $150 worth of stuff for their new Xbox. Here's where it gets good

My Best Buy was holding a contest, person with the fastest lap in Forza Motorsports 7 wins $150 credit towards anything Xbox related. There was only for people who raced so I picked up the controller and gave it my best and ended up winning! I got me Assassin's Creed Origins, one year of Xbox Live, and a new special edition wireless controller all for free! Oh and I'm loving this console!

JgBILYj.jpg

bEdPzsC.jpg

vh6L9g0.jpg

T2ade35.jpg

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Initial game impressions.

Currently burning through a couple games that have Xbox One enhancements.

Halo 5: multiplayer has an immediate difference in clarity. To keep the frame rate high they had always sacrifice resolution obviously but now the game doesn't have that really blurry ugly look. Don't think it's quite native K cuz it doesn't have that 4K pop but it's significantly cleaner.

Campaign is also extremely clear and I think the in-game actually looks better than the cutscenes now. I'll probably actually play through this again because it's been awhile.

Gears 4: all around a pretty good Show for HDR as well as 4K. Play through the prologue and the very first area looks really clean but it's the second area that takes place during gears one that really pops with HDR and 4K.

Diablo 3: this one actually surprised me in that I didn't expect to see such a difference considering I had played the game on Pro but just walking around the general area there is a distinct sharpness that is not there on the pro or the regular Xbox obviously.

Explosions have a new life in that they just look so damn detailed and hitting the pause button and look at your character you can see a lot of fine texture work that you just couldn't make out on a 1080p device.

Going to take a little break to eat some wings but then I'm going to hop into rise of the Tomb Raider Wolfenstein Assassin's Creed and Quantum break.

mohuerta

Just walked into best buy an hour ago and picked one up, no preorder. Went to gamestop and store manager told me they have a promotion currently $200 for S trade in towards X. Caveat is they "only have enough for preorders", but he'll call me towards end of the day if there's any cancellations or extra units and I'm trading my S and my brother's too to get him an X.

Just hooked mine up and currently downloading system update... 30%

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Cool. Quicker for me to download the games on the store lol

Granted I am using a shitty ATT provided router because they had a hissy fit when I wanted to use my own. Everything is wired minus my old bone so I'm guessing I'm being limited by the wifi.

dcx4610

Any audiophiles have a setting recommendation?

I have a 2017 5.1 Denon receiver. Should I set the Xbox to Bitstream? It gives an option to Bitstream with DTS, Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos.

My receiver supports Atmos but I don't have the full Atmos set up. Should I still pick it or go with the other options?

Just walked into best buy an hour ago and picked one up, no preorder. Went to gamestop and store manager told me they have a promotion currently $200 for S trade in towards X. Caveat is they "only have enough for preorders", but he'll call me towards end of the day if there's any cancellations or extra units and I'm trading my S and my brother's too to get him an X.

Just hooked mine up and currently downloading system update... 30%
What? Where do you live approximately?

I don't see a deal like that listed on the website?

arhra

Anyone else done the network transfer from one Xbox to another. Seems the max speed I get is 165mb/s anyone got it any faster

I was getting ~60-80Mb/s, with a few spikes higher, but the other Xbox is now at the far end of a powerline adapter, so I wasn't exactly expecting miracles (the PS4 I also have on that adapter usually only gets around 30-40Mbps, while the things I have wired directly to the router can max out my connection at 75Mbps)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Any audiophiles have a setting recommendation?

I have a 2017 5.1 Denon receiver. Should I set the Xbox to Bitstream? It gives an option to Bitstream with DTS, Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos.

My receiver supports Atmos but I don't have the full Atmos set up. Should I still pick it or go with the other options?

I'd go with uncompressed if you don't have the Atmos setup.

mohuerta

What? Where do you live approximately?

I don't see a deal like that listed on the website?

Didn't see it on the website either, I just asked about trade value for the S so I can trade it later in the day after I do the transfer to the X and the manager told me they currently have that promotion (trading S for $200 towards X) going. I live in south Texas btw.

So I'm assuming those comparisons for Gears 3 are not the standard that all 360 titles will be upscaled by. Gears 3 has had specific enhancements right? As the video I've seen for RDR on the Xbox One X doesn't hardly any different to the original 360 title and certainly no where near the quality of Gears 3.

Picked up my Scorpio edition at lunch. I don't know what to say. Everything was easy. Plug and play literally. ALL enhanced games look phenomenal. I'm still bummed there's silence on BF1. But other than that. The system is sexy, quiet, and powerful. Great job MS!

My Xbox one x has shut down twice out of the blue, maybe overheating? It is in the same space as my original Xbox one, this isn’t a good sign :(

arhra

So I'm assuming those comparisons for Gears 3 are not the standard that all 360 titles will be upscaled by. Gears 3 has had specific enhancements right? As the video I've seen for RDR on the Xbox One X doesn't hardly any different to the original 360 title and certainly no where near the quality of Gears 3.

Yeah, currently the list of 360 games with enhancements is:
Halo 3
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Assassin's Creed
Skate 3
Mirror's Edge
Gears 3.

On the other hand, the initial announcement was only the first four, so seeing 3 more added this quickly gives me hope that they'll be rolling out the enhancements for as many games as possible at a decent clip.

Yeah, currently the list of 360 games with enhancements is Halo 3, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Skate 3, Mirror's Edge, and Gears 3.

On the other hand, the initial announcement was only the first four, so seeing 3 more added this quickly gives me hope that they'll be rolling out the enhancements for as many games as possible at a decent clip.

How the hell does FALLOUT 3 have enhancements and 4 doesnt???wtf?

NullZ3r0

Banned
My Xbox one x has shut down twice out of the blue, maybe overheating? It is in the same space as my original Xbox one, this isn’t a good sign :(

You still got the receipt right? Do what you do with any other product you buy that doesn't work. Swap it out.

Top Bottom