• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify |OT| All the music, all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would love a 'Where Discovered' feature on saved artists/albums.

I'd imagine it'd be fairly simple to implement - organic search, playlist name, external etc.

Please Spotify!

gaiages

Banned
Did they adjust their algorithms recently? My Discover Weekly is popping the fuck off today!

They must have done something because my Daily Mix is also much better than usual, with a bunch of new music that's not in my library. The Daily Mix was overwhelmingly my library tracks before.

I like it :p

manakel

Is there any way to disable the horrible new car mode? It auto starts every time my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth, and I absolutely hate it.

Was there always a feature for suggested songs when creating playlists?

I just created something really random off the basis of two songs haha.

PillarEN

One thing about the web browser that would be very useful is having a functioning "repeat song" button. They have it in the desktop app.

My SD card makes my Spotify run like garbage so I bought a new one. If I directly copy the contents onto the new one will all my downloaded Spotify songs be there? I know their file storage is weird.

Orkidea

The desktop application and phone application are synced right?

I swear when I remove songs from my desktop app, it's still there on my phone

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
The desktop application and phone application are synced right?

I swear when I remove songs from my desktop app, it's still there on my phone

It should. Are you on wi-fi on your phone? The default setting in the app is to only sync with a wi-fi connection.

Ferny

Hey guys I'm wondering should I just keep my subscription to Apple Music or switch over to Spotify?

I mean, the choice is really yours. I love Spotifys playlists too much right now to switch to Apple Music, but I did try it a while back and thought it was fine.

Hey guys I'm wondering should I just keep my subscription to Apple Music or switch over to Spotify?

I have a sub for both (student and family plan), lol. I like Spotify for work. I use Apple Music everywhere else though. It's almost the same bucket of music for both but Spotify kills it with their Discovery and Daily Mix playlists. Apple has some interesting curated playlists though and some exclusives.

Up to you.

FerranMG

Desktop web browser.

OK this is not a good user interface. April Fools comes late this year?

This redesigned is probably the worst redesign they've ever done.
I know people tend to not like redesigns in general. There's always criticisms when people need to readapt their workflows.
But this time they removed so many festures that are core to their service that I cannot understand how they could greenlight this shit.
Getting rid of the queue, removing the possibility of saving tracks, removing album information such as release date... Not to mention lastfm integration.

The only upside of it all is that now the web player is treated as a "device", and you can start playback on your phone and route it to the web player. Oh, and also getting rid of flash.

Still, I'm strongly considering switching to another service. I was using the web player for a reason (which was network restrictions at work), and having it stripped of so much functionality is killer.

strafer

So some sad news, one of the victims in the Stockholm Terror Attack was Chris, Spotify executive, he was a UK citizen but worked in the stockholm office.

PillarEN

They don't even show the year the album was released. Most popular songs only shows 5 instead of 10. Like some basic things that would be useful went poof.

Karl2177

They also removed private sessions from the web player. Now my discover playlists will be influenced by artists that I experimented with. :/

Kinokou

So from what I understand there are not actually any free legal alternatives to Spotify that allows me to listen to what I want when I want?

If I end up paying for something now it will for sure not be Spotify unless that queue comes back to the web player.

And why isn't the new gimped web player talked about at all outside of the idea section of the Spotify community?

LionPride

Banned
Someone on reddit made a site that does rankings and whatnot of your music on Spotify such as happiness, dancability, and energy. Makes playlists based off of music listened ti in the last 6 weeks and all time. Pretty cool

Kaladin

Someone on reddit made a site that does rankings and whatnot of your music on Spotify such as happiness, dancability, and energy. Makes playlists based off of music listened ti in the last 6 weeks and all time. Pretty cool

Link to this site for the lazy?

Kaladin

Nice set-up.

ca0oodk.jpg

Has anyone been having any problems with the spotify app wiping all downloaded songs off their phone? This has happened to me like 5 times so far and I'm getting very close to breaking my phone if it happens again after I've redownloaded 1000+ songs.

Iolo

Has anyone been having any problems with the spotify app wiping all downloaded songs off their phone? This has happened to me like 5 times so far and I'm getting very close to breaking my phone if it happens again after I've redownloaded 1000+ songs.

Yeah, this has happened to me several times without rhyme or reason.

ty_hot

My SD card makes my Spotify run like garbage so I bought a new one. If I directly copy the contents onto the new one will all my downloaded Spotify songs be there? I know their file storage is weird.

Should be, I've wiped my phone once (not the sd, only internal storage) and after installing Spoitfy again all songs were there.

Kaladin

Release Radar is the best thing Spotify has done in a long time. It helps me keep track of the obscure single and album releases that don't make the New Music page.

Carn82

Release Radar is the best thing Spotify has done in a long time. It helps me keep track of the obscure single and album releases that don't make the New Music page.

Yup. I'm also a fan of Discover Weekly, 95% might be stuff you already know and/or don't like, but those 5% usually always worth it. I also like the Daily Mix options.

Kaladin

Yup. I'm also a fan of Discover Weekly, 95% might be stuff you already know and/or don't like, but those 5% usually always worth it. I also like the Daily Mix options.

Daily Mix has begun to dig into my more obscure music too which is awesome, and whatever algorithm they use to put artists together in those is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom