• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued Breakfast Cereals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

buc-wheats.jpg

Official cereal of the GOP?

FYI: Cookie Crisp was fucking awesome.

eggandI

Banned
tumblr_ll0l5zVVHO1qchyu1o1_1280.jpg

Just found out this cereal got discontinued over in the States 5 years ago

That sucks. This stuff is awesome. Best chocolate cereal out there
I had this once and I remember loving it, but we could never find it again after that :/

It either got discontinued pretty quickly or we just happened to buy it near the end of its run

Valkyria

Banned
As a non American the General Mills cereals look like the struggle cereal brand. Damn those covers are really shitty and second league.

Afrodium

Banned
Oreo-o's were absolutely disgusting. I remember being so excited when my dad bought a box and then so disappointed when I ate them.

Cookie Crisp sucks too

Pyccko

All you dudes are missing the #1 GOAT cereal ever
Ssmdw8r.jpg

God, I miss it everyday. So much better than that crunchy nut junk.

Hidden Treasures box just brought all the nostalgia back. I seem to remember a marshmallow pebbles or something like. I believe it was tiny marshmallows baked right into the pebbles, maybe I dreamt it though.

Edit: They did exists at some point, called Marshmallow Mania Pebbles, that was my shit.

DJ Gunner

Two things after reading OP-

1. Donkey Kong cereal was amazing. Shit was legit.

2. The absolute god-tier cereal that's missing (and I didn't see mentioned in my quick skim of the pages so far)?

Post Oat Flakes.

fortified%2Boat%2Bflakes.jpg

This stuff was absolutely THE best cereal I have ever tasted, and I was dumbfounded when it was discontinued. No other oat/cornflake comes close. If you were lucky enough to have experienced this nirvana of cerealdom, feel blessed.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As a non American the General Mills cereals look like the struggle cereal brand. Damn those covers are really shitty and second league.
Keep in mind most of these are 20-30 years old. The struggle cereal is the bagged Maltomeal.

I remember having a bowl of Oreo-Os once years ago. Recall it being disappointed, namely because it didn't taste as much as Oreos than the box proclaimed. Seemed more like standard chocolate breakfast cereal that was re-branded.

Also, anyone had Froot Loops with Marshmallows? They're still around, but they seem to be only available at Wal-Mart, they seem to be non-existent everywhere else. I adored these.

a470e727-277a-419e-919c-5632a1202b5e_1.fd0d3b01a67b72149c1e3e48830428dd.jpeg

giphy.gif

>Caucasians for the standard white Life box
>Black people for the brown Maple and Sugar Life box

Canada is weird in that we often miss a lot of American favorites.

I remember Trix as a kid, and it disappeared from Canada for a while.

When it finally came back in a limited capactiy.... Let's just say it wasn't as good as I remembered lol.

Nintendo cereal system :....(

The nostalgia.

It's too too much.

I can still rember the commercial jingle:

Nin-Ten-Do!
It's for breakfast now!
Nin-Ten-Do!
It's a cereal, Wow!

Also I totally remember the jingle to the mostly shitty Ice Cream Cones cereal. Something like:

My name's Ice Cream Jones
I make a cereal made from Ice Cream cones.

And Mr Jones rides around on one of those bicycles with the fridge on the front that ice cream venders used to use.

It's annoying that I can remember that but not my what day my wedding anniversary is.

After not being able to find it for ages, I've discovered that Honey Bunches of Oats with Real Peaches was discontinued. This saddens me greatly. That was the only kind of Honey Bunches of Oats I liked...

appaws

Banned
Team Flakes were the absolute GOAT!

I'm sad it seems like nobody remembers them but me.

They held up to milk really well and stayed crunchy for a long time. They had a unique taste that I've never had in any other cereal.

Please God bring them back!

nillapuddin

Clicked for Spiderman and Oreos

Good stuff

HOWEVER I will say if you are US and shop at Walmart, lookout for these bad boys

UGZdlsh.jpg

Inject it to my veins

I remember liking the OJs cereal. ET was good shit. I don't remember if C3P0's were any good, but they came with a cheap mask you could punch out on the back. Mr T and Donkey Kong were less dangerous to your mouth Cap'n Crunch if I recall correctly.

TreIII

Cinnamon Mini Buns was a hallmark of my childhood. Cinnabon (Cinimon Swirl rebranded) cereal is alright, but not nearly as tasty!

Culex

Banned
My wife rolls her eyes but every fall I horde up on 5 boxes of Boo-Berry. I grew up on it when it was available year round, now it's only seasonal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom