• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gordon Ramsay - Pineapple doesn't belong on Pizza!

Does pineapple belong on Pizza?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Queue next season on MasterChef : I would have never imagined pineapple on pizza working, but you have got it right. There isn't a pizzeria in America who wouldn't want this on their menu tonight.

AP90

C8GxpHIUwAAgGHI.jpg

I guess that means more pineapple for me on my pizza Gordon =D

And it's even better with ham or bacon pieces..

The Simon Cowell of the Chef World doesn't like food that I eat, time to bathe myself in bleach and rid the foul stench of unholy culinary fusions.

l2ounD

No Ramsay! If pineapples are good enough for my tacos then it sure is good enough to go on my pizza.

.JayZii

Banned
That is something a child would say. Only children(or man-child) put candy on their pizza.
No, only man-children worry about what pizza toppings other people order on the internet.
Well I'll be damned that an acclaimed and successful chef has a better understanding of flavor profile and taste than you, and me, and everyone else putting fucking pineapple on pizza.

Pineapple is bad enough on its own, then you want to sully a perfectly good pizza with it?
Who cares how he likes his pizza? Everyone is free to eat pizza however they want. I wonder if just maybe there are other successful chefs who like pineapple on pizza? Do you run all your flavor profiles by celebrity chefs, or just the ones you have a weird grudge against?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Well I'll be damned that an acclaimed and successful chef has a better understanding of flavor profile and taste than you, and me, and everyone else putting fucking pineapple on pizza.

Pineapple is bad enough on its own, then you want to sully a perfectly good pizza with it?
mQgddnz.gif

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Pineapple on pizza is delicious and Gordon can keep his ugly rat face shut.

riotous

Banned
Pineapple's fine on pizza & just hate people who ONLY want pineapple on pizza.

I think this is where the divisiveness comes from; I'm fine with pineapple on pizza every once in a while but it's not a topping I go out of my way to choose... whereas I know a few people who literally will only ever want "Hawaiian" pizza.

T.O.P

Banned
Yes it fuckin does

Margherita with pineapple and ham is absolutely glorious, even got a local italian pizzeria to put it on the menu lol

honestly, there's no reason why pineapple on pizza doesn't work and i say that as someone who dispises pineapples on pizza. it's just that it doesn't belong on a traditional italian pizza because there are no pineapples in italy.

Tagyhag

Sounds about right, I imagine people who like pineapple on pizza to be uncultured plebs who think McDonalds and Dominos are the pinnacle of food.

ArjanN

The whole pineapple on pizza debate is one of the lamest internet memes.

Pizza is essentially just a flat bread, so you can put anything on it. The taste element really only comes in based on how well the ingredients you add fit with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom