• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Switch developer information leaked. Reveals A TON incl. hardware specs

z0m3le

Banned
Really weird... this info is from July 15th from NWPlayer, who was adamant before October that the NX was not using any Nvidia hardware...

Something definitely doesn't add up here.

He only had this info recently, the info was from july 15th. I think he has only had this info for a month or two, but I don't follow him closely.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
About 1.5 undocked, 3-4 docked.

We can't exactly say that for sure. We don't even know the official clock speeds yet, although if its 750-ish MHZ for the GPU and 1GHZ for the CPU like Digital foundry said, we can gain some rough estimations, but even that supposedly is old even if they said indicative of final spec

Really weird... this info is from July 15th from NWPlayer, who was adamant before October that the NX was not using any Nvidia hardware...

Something definitely doesn't add up here.

I assume that just means that this is information from July, but that NWPlayer uncovered more recently. The info being from July doesn't mean that NWPlayer, whoever that is, had it in July.

Thank god the Nintendo system info leaked for the announced system that comes out in less than 30 days.

Dammit Nintendo. /rant

This looks great and some good info in there about the OS. Good to see docked/undocked power difference if true.

Oregano

It'd be nice if we could send simple text based messages to our friends but right now of sounds identical to Wii U and 3DS.

Jonboy

C'mon Nintendo...this is not how we should be learning about this stuff. Why is it so hard to communicate concrete info to your fans and people interested in buying your system?

We're less than 3 weeks from launch now...

Thank god the Nintendo system info leaked for the announced system that comes out in less than 30 days.

Dammit Nintendo. /rant

This looks great and some good info in there about the OS.

Exactly. Except...it's less than 20 days at this point!

OCD Guy

Thanks for the thread op.

Although we shouldn't need a thread like this 3 weeks before release to find things out about the damn user interface for example.

What are Nintendo doing here?! Why is so much still a mystery so close to launch?!

I don't think I've seen a video of the user interface, have Nintendo released one and I've just missed it?

Caelus

A maximum of 8 users can be registered on a system
Friend requests and game invites CAN be sent from the console.
"Friend Presence is a feature that uses the Internet to convey information in real time about the online status of friends and the applications they are playing. Among possibilities, we see this being used in the application to check whether friends are in the joinable state, and to use the Friend List system feature screen to show what applications friends are playing."
A Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple Switches BUT save data is not automatically synchronised

This would've been nice to hear at the event.

Schnozberry

Hopefully we can get the updated information from the Kits that went out in November/December. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, changed.

He only had this info recently, the info was from july 15th. I think he has only had this info for a month or two, but I don't follow him closely.

I assume that just means that this is information from July, but that NWPlayer uncovered more recently. The info being from July doesn't mean that NWPlayer, whoever that is, had it in July.

Gotcha, thanks. For some reason I thought that reddit link z0m3le posted was from July.

Either way, this is old info, as one would expect the launch clocks reported by Eurogamer to be listed if it was newer.

Berordn

So does this mean there could be another Cube Ninja or whatever that game was called to hack the system after all?

If it's launching an applet on the OS itself, the holes could be patched. It wouldn't be impossible though, all you need is a proxy to redirect you.

nekomix

Is it me or there's nothing really groundbreaking or new that we didn't know before ? Oh and it's not even new...

z0m3le

Banned
Hopefully we can get the updated information from the Kits that went out in November/December. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, changed.

Yeah, I hope we will find out soon, maybe some magic hacker will find out the clocks like last time, that will pretty much tell us everything we need to know, since certain clocks would not work on certain process nodes and architectures.

EDarkness

Looking at that, I still have to wonder what's really "custom" about this. Crazy that someone would leak this information, but I guess people are silly.

Oppo

There are NO plans to provide an Internet Browser at this stage but developers are able to access a web applet to display specific websites within their game/app

ah so i was right about this.

still not a great solution. considering how inconsistent the login pages for various hotel / train / plane / public Wifi are.

Schnozberry

Looking at that, I still have to wonder what's really "custom" about this. Crazy that someone would leak this information, but I guess people are silly.

Well...considering how out of date the information is, it's really hard to tell. Doubtful these July kits had final hardware.

Dystify

Is it me or there's nothing really groundbreaking or new that we didn't know before ? Oh and it's not even new...

There are a lot of new info tidbits here. It also seems to confirm some things we weren't sure of, like the hardware specs. (That is if we assume this is real.)

Hattori

Banned
the only new info is web applet, lock screen, home menu can be accessed without suspending the entire game, and more Mii eyebrows

Schnozberry

Nooo wasn't cortex A57 the unholy dark history of mobile cpus? i seem to recall and phone that came out with it aka the infamous Snapdragon 810 heating and throttle issues to such a extent that they decided to go 4 cores instead of 8 for 820.

http://fortheloveoftech.com/2015/09/17/can-qualcomm-bounce-back-from-the-snapdragon-810/

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...n-810-is-causing-xperia-z3-overheating-issues

I am praying nintendo found this one out and they decided to go with A72 or A73

Nvidia's design for the Tegra X1 and Qualcomm's problematic Snapdragon 810 are fundamentally different.

PtM

Banned
We can't exactly say that for sure. We don't even know the official clock speeds yet, although if its 750-ish MHZ for the GPU and 1GHZ for the CPU like Digital foundry said, we can gain some rough estimations, but even that supposedly is old even if they said indicative of final spec
They said "about"?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still think even if we get higher clocks and such in docked mode that the unit will be bandwidth starved at 25 Maxwell vs 50 Pascal.

Shiggy

RXfrQ7B.png

Laura Kate Dale said this about thet image right before the unveiling last fall:
Do not believe the "NX Dev Kit" image going around today which came from /v/. Can 100% confirm it's not real.

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/789060714577166336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Both Sources B (Ubisoft) and C (Indie) have given me strong reason to believe they have their hands on development kits. They have both told me that this image is not of a development kit, and is likely mocked up based on rumours. I do not argue that it may look similar, but this is not the real thing.

I still maintain that at the very least, this is not an image of the dev kits that Ubisoft and the indie studio source had in October.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

The similarities with the final unit were imo always too big to be a mockup.

Rodin

There are a lot of new info tidbits here. It also seems to confirm some things we weren't sure of, like the hardware specs. (That is if we assume this is real.)

I think it's real, it must be what DF and Vern saw in july (notice the TX1 specs and the 3.25GB RAM available for the applications).

Btw we heard something about new, more powerful kits in october and we have the foxconn leak from around that same frame time, so this info *could* be outdated. And i hope it is because CPU wise 3 cores at the eurogamer speeds doesn't sound very good, and bandwidth is shit too.

Also, wtf is that crappy restriction with audio?

Top Bottom