• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash735

Anyone else feel satisfied when Toppo dislocated Goku's arm? Or when he was crushing his bones in that hold? It felt like Justice.

Not liking how there's no penalty for KK anymore though, back in the Universe 6 arc using it left him powered down and unable to move, it was that much of a strain on his body and now, he's just pulling it out wherever with no degrade, that means Goku's always going to be the strongest no matter what since he can just keep using a higher multiplier.

HardRojo

Anyone else feel satisfied when Toppo dislocated Goku's arm? Or when he was crushing his bones in that hold? It felt like Justice.

Not liking how there's no penalty for KK anymore though, back in the Universe 6 arc using it left him powered down and unable to move, it was that much of a strain on his body and now, he's just pulling it out wherever with no degrade, that means Goku's always going to be the strongest no matter what since he can just keep using a higher multiplier.

It seems like he's simply using the regular x2 multiplier for now, I suppose if he went for the x10 multiplier again he'd have trouble, but x2 is fine now that he's been fighting and training for a while after mastering SSB KK.

HeroR

Goku really shouldn't be THIS carefree unless he has something up his sleeve, he's capable of planning, he had Gohan as his ace in the hole in the Cell saga which is why he acted so easy going back then. Gohan.....yeah maybe his saiyan blood acting up is making him not think straight, idk.

Pretty much confirmed that mortal level has very little if not nothing to do with power level since Goku got accused of dragging it down.

I thought Beerus(man who did they get to draw him here?) was about to hit Goku when they were arguing, guess he can't attack his prize fighter.

I love Champa, yeah just get Hit's whole family.

Beerus didn't even know the mortal level existence. So how would he know what it entitles.

HeroR

Doesn't really seem like Zamasu was giving it much thought. How he managed to pull what he pulled is forever going to be a plot hole in this series, considering the fighters out in the combined universes potentially being stronger than goku at the time.

My bet is they find a great team and Gowasu muses about how "it's a shame Zamasu didn't give mortals a chance" while showcasing some martial badass.

That isn't a plot hole since it goes nothing in the series. Even if they were people stronger than Goku, Zamasu wouldn't necessarily know about them and he wanted Goku's body for personal reasons and for his limitless power growth.

Slaythe

In U6 he used Kaioken x 10.

He hasn't used that ever again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Also I don't like Gohan being so confident.

This is incoherent.

He's a 2 out of 10 compared to Goku, he's being told there are enemies beyond his dad, and his reaction is "yay awesome !" even though he literally has been outclassed by any recent threat to his dad.

Same goes for Goku. "We got Gohan and Buu !" so what ? Seriously so what ? Hit can instantly take them out, and he's not even the strongest.

It's getting a bit aggravating.

Not that I want Gohan and Buu to fail, it's just the blind faith they all seem to have that is bothersome. Only Beerus seems to get it. Buu doesn't care, but Gohan should be the smart guy here and show concern.

Goku's whole reasoning....

We have a Gohan, except Gohan hasn't been anything but bitch boy since Cell Saga. Now after passing out from going SS1 in the Frieza Saga, he is their trump card.

That isn't a plot hole since it goes nothing in the series. Even if they were people stronger than Goku, Zamasu wouldn't necessarily know about them and he wanted Goku's body for personal reasons and for his limitless power growth.

Specifically i'm talking about wiping out all the gods. Sure he could have killed the supreme kais on their own, but he snuck up on ALL of them? I realize it there's suspension of disbelief involved and the stories weren't written at the same time, but the premise of the arc's going to lose credibility as this show goes on.

Syntsui

Gohan better back that confidence up and not be a fucking worthless excuse of a character in this tournament.

I also hope we get some hype training among the complete team in the time chamber, it's unreasonable to expect characters like Master Roshi, Krilin and Tien to have decent exposure during the tournament, so it would be a great opportunity to actually give them some time. That preview with Krilin was hype!

Zalman

Gohan is so out of character, it's jarring. Where did that come from?

Anyway, the rest of the episode was good. And finally Bra is happening.

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol...is this the first time gohan's saiyan blood got him excited? seems like all his saiyan blood does is make him stupid (i.e. ssj2 gohan getting cocky and not finishing cell)

Mory Dunz

I dunno how yall hate Goku. He's like old school Vegeta rn but actually wins fights and isn't evil.

And was it a mistranslation at the end....or did Goku imply Gohan was stronger than him again? I was like...what?

HardRojo

Just read the manga chapter. Honestly, I can see this arc having 2 more chapters, with the next one ending in the middle of Vegito's battle against Zamasu or maybe Trunk's power uo (?) and the last one showing Vegito defusing, Trunks powering up to SS Rage to "kill" Zamasu, Zeno destroying the universe and Trunks saying goodbye to everyone.

Yo Goku is totally going to become the strongest in all of existence. Zen-level, thats why Grand Priest stopped the fight cause he knows Goku is on a whole nother level.
"Super Saiyan Zen"
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Omni

I don't think that was hinting at a new transformation for Goku

He powered into SSJB kaio-ken as he said "I'll show you what it looks like once I've passed my limit". So I'm thinking he was just gonna to a x10 or something like he did against Hit. Plus that's all Kaio-ken does anyway; allows him to go past his natural limits. Downside being it takes a massive toll on is body.

If he was just powering up Blue, then sure. All signs would have pointed to SSJB2 or something. But not the case

Magwik

Banned
Nah fam. They're going to give everyone meaningful and good fights and then disregard the entire cast by giving Goku another powerup and have him stomp fools only to be beaten anyways.

caliph95

Is it weird that Toppo kicking the shit in goku at least for a while was satisfying and would like more of that in the tournament just characters curbstomping goku.

I dunno how yall hate Goku. He's like old school Vegeta rn but actually wins fights and isn't evil.

And was it a mistranslation at the end....or did Goku imply Gohan was stronger than him again? I was like...what?

Yeah when Goku said "we have Gohan and Buu!" I was confused. Gohan is borderline useless and he already knew they only had 40 hours or whatever so it's not like he can get strong enough in time to compete with the likes of Doctor Eggman.

caliph95

That was weird considering both Gohan and Buu would have gotten their shit in by Hit let alone Toppo and he is way weaker than Jiren especially since Gohan had problems fighting the Lavenda and would have probably had difficulty Bergamo. They are way too carefree
He was off model this episode, he looked like a dog
That wasn't beerus that was Scooby the destroyer and his Angel Shaggy

Miletius

I understand that 40 hours gives a sense of urgency but I'd really like to have seen something like a year and then a timeskip after the've recruited everybody. Same number of episodes (maybe a few more) but then everybody kind of goes their separate ways to train and power up. That would have been neat to me, to see the whole team really get together and say, we've got a year to get as strong strong strong as possible because our entire universe counts on it. A bit of samynesss to the pre Cell Game episodes, but with a lot more people playing for the team.

I don't think that 40 hours gives us that, but we'll see how it goes. Still hyped for the next few episodes, I think that recruitment eps are gonna be among the best in the series.

HeroR

Specifically i'm talking about wiping out all the gods. Sure he could have killed the supreme kais on their own, but he snuck up on ALL of them? I realize it there's suspension of disbelief involved and the stories weren't written at the same time, but the premise of the arc's going to lose credibility as this show goes on.

He had Future Zamasu helping him and it's obvious that the gods don't keep in contact with one another from different universes. Champa was collecting Super Dragon Balls for years and Beerus knew nothing about it, even when he was in his universe.

Even then, that wouldn't be a plot hole since it doesn't goes against anything within the story, which is what a plot hole is.

caliph95

He had Future Zamasu helping him and it's obvious that the gods don't keep in contact with one another from different universes. Champa was collecting Super Dragon Balls for years and Beerus knew nothing about it, even when he was in his universe.
If they didn't care or knew that Buu almost wipe out the Gods, they wouldn't know about Zamasu until it was too late.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The team should go get those bs power boost like new grand elder on Namek or Old Kai's ritual dance.

benzy

Gohan's strategy and prep time will reach Batman levels for this tournament.

Didn't Vegeta destroy the hyperbolic time chamber?

I don't think that was hinting at a new transformation for Goku

He powered into SSJB kaio-ken as he said "I'll show you what it looks like once I've passed my limit". So I'm thinking he was just gonna to a x10 or something like he did against Hit. Plus that's all Kaio-ken does anyway; allows him to go past his natural limits. Downside being it takes a massive toll on is body.

If he was just powering up Blue, then sure. All signs would have pointed to SSJB2 or something. But not the case

Goku is definitely getting some kind of new power up this arc. In the OP he goes from blue directly to something that looks similar to his base form

I don't think that line was indicative of it though

Is it weird that Toppo kicking the shit in goku at least for a while was satisfying and would like more of that in the tournament just characters curbstomping goku.

No you guys are wrong

Goku should be the strongest being in the multiverse

I would also accept Vegeta , but LOL right

Gohan's strategy and prep time will reach Batman levels for this tournament.

Didn't Vegeta destroy the hyperbolic time chamber?
They can fix it, the lookout has been destroyed before

Mory Dunz

Yeah when Goku said "we have Gohan and Buu!" I was confused. Gohan is borderline useless and he already knew they only had 40 hours or whatever so it's not like he can get strong enough in time to compete with the likes of Doctor Eggman.

Yeah, but I was referring to when they said (paraphrase)

Beerus: you brought down our universe level.

Goku: yeah but Gohan raises it back up

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Slaythe

Yeah, but I was referring to when they said (paraphrase)

Beerus: you brought down our universe level.

Goku: yeah but Gohan raises it back up

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Not at all.

Quality of mortal isn't related to power.

Goku is a terrible human being so he brings the average down. But Gohan is good so he brings it up.

Marlenus

I guess goku etc could just perform the ssjgod ritual on Gohan.

As far as strategy just have buu start absorbing the weaker fighters from other universes till he becomes OP.

Mory Dunz

Not at all.

Quality of mortal isn't related to power.

Goku is a terrible human being so he brings the average down. But Gohan is good so he brings it up.

wait that's what the rating from a few ep back was based on?

and wtf is this SSG SSB manga stuff. Actually it's not too horrible. At least he doesn't make SSG completely pointless after one movie.

Dark_castle

Pretty sure the talked about civilisation advancement.

Which episode, which line? I may have missed it, but why make it so ambiguous? And for a show that used to be obssessed with power levels, I find it hard to believe they found a way to somehow numerically measure the overall quality (whatever the hell that means) of the inhabitant of the universe. And I'm also confused about why Goku answered to Beerus that he brought the universe 7 "rating" down, but Gohan brings it up. Uh what?? The universe had like how many living organisms in it. How can one or two person affect that rating that much???? I don't get it. Someone please explain.

Which episode, which line? I may have missed it, but why make it so ambiguous? And for a show that used to be obssessed with power levels, I find it hard to believe they found a way to somehow numerically measure the overall quality (whatever the hell that means) of the inhabitant of the universe. And I'm also confused about why Goku answered to Beerus that he brought the universe 7 "rating" down, but Gohan brings it up. Uh what?? The universe had like how many living organisms in it. How can one or two person affect that rating that much???? I don't get it. Someone please explain.
Maybe, just maybe Goku has no idea what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom