• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NintendoLand 7 minutes Overview trailer

Mr. Fix

How long are the mini games? And can you run around with randoms in the plaza? The atmosphere's awesome.

Berordn

Looks like a single player playing the Zelda game in the ending montage with a sword. I thought the solo player could only do a bow and arrow time trial?

Either way, looks (and sounds) better than its initial E3 showing. This should've been what we saw then.

Yuripaw

Banned
Nintendo of Japan is doing just fine getting the word out there on what the Wii U is...what this game is all about. However what the fuck Nintendo of America?? Japan isn't even getting this game for a month. Yet the Wii U is out in 10 days here in the states, and some people still think the system is a fucking handheld system. Get on the ball NoA!

Rehynn

Do I remember correctly that what they've shown from the game is a rather small fraction of the overall package?

I mean, we've only seen one level from the Luigi game.

Zee-Row

Banned
This looks like a more appealing pack-in to me than Wii sports. I can see myself playing this one for a long time.

Berordn

Do I remember correctly that what they've shown from the game is a rather small fraction of the overall package?

I mean, we've only seen one level from the Luigi game.

The games are (apparently) extremely packed. Apparently Metroid Blast and Zelda Battle Quest could've been games all their own. Some of the games also change things up pretty significantly, depending on how many people are playing.

MicH

Looks and sounds AMAZING. The music oh my god - it's SOOO good!
But one thing - why is the F-Zero game single player only??

Berordn

Looks and sounds AMAZING. The music oh my god - it's SOOO good!
But one thing - why is the F-Zero game single player only??

To encourage the masses to buy the actual F-Zero game when it comes out.

Because Nintendo hates you.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
MINIGAEMS
I come from a time when people imported Bomberman and a multi pad adapter on SNES for 1000 francs (150€). It was an unmatched multiplayer experience. There haven't been much games like that afterwards.

There are Bomberman vibes in Nintendo Land. Where you see MINIGAEMS, I see arcade roots that make this game essential to me.

NeoRausch

You see see Robot Kraid at 6:56 in video. I wonder if Mother Brain will make an appearance too.

i got a feeling that you can bet your smooth butt that all major bosses will have some sort of cameo.

btw....did mario show up in any form so far?

Berordn

i got a feeling that you can bet your smooth butt that all major bosses will have some sort of cameo.

btw....did mario show up in any form so far?

The Mario? Not that I've seen. But there's still the Mario chase game and the Mario character in Luigi's game.

Rehynn

The games are (apparently) extremely packed. Apparently Metroid Blast and Zelda Battle Quest could've been games all their own. Some of the games also change things up pretty significantly, depending on how many people are playing.

Good.

Definitely interested!

yurinka

I think that it would be cool as a free minigames collection with on-line multiplayer, like Playstation Home in PS3.
Seems fun for party, but I don't see the price justifying today this content and features with Wii like graphics in HD res.

NeoRausch

I think that it would be cool as a free minigames collection with on-line multiplayer, like Playstation Home in PS3.

cannot compute!
in what way are minigames in HOME free?

and btw. maybe this looks pretty shitty from a technical standpoint.... you know what nintendoland has and HOME lacks?

style, soul and a general design direction.

Esque7

Mario Metroid and Zelda all look good too me. But I can't shake the feeling that all of these games seem right at home in a Mario Party Game. Eh, maybe not for me.

brainpann

Seems fun for party, but I don't see the price justifying today this content and features with Wii like graphics in HD res.

Huh? Other than the Mii's how exactly does NintendoLand have "Wii like graphics"?

Would you kindly explain? Feel free to use as many words as possible and bonus points for proving your point with comparison pics.

oatmeal

Banned
I will likely sell it from the DX bundle.

Most of the games look incredibly lame, and even though it would ruin the gameplay a little (not really), they should have put in online multiplayer.

Yes, I know the reasons not to...but I won't play these with friends.

_PsiFire_

I wish in the US/CAN we got a Premium bundle like they did in Europe. I really didn't want this game but I wanted the black Wii U. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Noticed that they have changed the icon for the Pikmin game. The old one was a flower, but now it's a Pikmin silhouette.

Nintendo: You should make more meaty minigames for DLC. Release them like 2 months apart from each other. Charge 2.5 bucks for them. Make a HUGE park with like 40 attractions. People will bite.

PS: You're welcome.

AzaK

So it looks like that even though Japan gets Wii U after the rest of the world, it's getting better promo. Been a couple of these cool Japanese videos the last few days.

AntMurda

Nintendo: You should make more meaty minigames for DLC. Release them like 2 months apart from each other. Charge 2.5 bucks for them. Make a HUGE park with like 40 attractions. People will bite.

PS: You're welcome.

They charge 3.00 for Game Boy games. But this fantasy world of yours probably has condos for dirt cheap prices. Sign me up.

Het_Nkik

I still wonder if I can use my non motion+ wiimotes. Any guesses?

Depends on the mini-game, iirc. I know you need M+ for the sword carriers in the Zelda game but I'm pretty sure you don't need them in Luigi's Mansion or Animal Crossing.

Top Bottom