• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Boof

Just getting back into the game after a long time away. Really interested in playing out the story so I'm gonna start a fresh Jedi Knight.

If anyone else is looking to get back into the game you can get some cool rewards if you follow my referral link. I'm pretty sure 7 days of preferred/subscriber status is included.

http://www.swtor.com/r/HDqjn8

There is also twitch prime rewards for the game if you claim them from twitch.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I reinstalled this because of the twitch thing but then I couldn't remember what the fuck I was doing

I think my main was an Imperial Agent who is level 50 and on Ilum? I remember doing some quests on whatever the Hutt planet thing was before I stopped playing, though that might have been on my Jedi Knight. It's been a while.

How the hell do I get back into this?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
so I reinstalled this because of the twitch thing but then I couldn't remember what the fuck I was doing

I think my main was an Imperial Agent who is level 50 and on Ilum? I remember doing some quests on whatever the Hutt planet thing was before I stopped playing, though that might have been on my Jedi Knight. It's been a while.

How the hell do I get back into this?

In your quest log you should have a place for story quests and you should be able to see there the ones in purple, those are the relevant ones.

Your ship should also have a story quest terminal.

Usually after you finish the main class story it goes:

Illum
Makeb
Manaan
Oricon
Rishi
Yavin
Ziost

then you move on to the knights of the fallen empire story stuff and then the new expansion stuff. Technically Oricon is optional. I wouldn't recommend skipping ziost, i loved that planet.

The game has basically been revamped to the point that all you really need to do is the main story quest, you can also do the planetary quest but it's optional. No need to do the random fetch quests or whatever.

Moff

what's the state of the game?m I just read there is a new operation coming? what happened in the last 2 years? I thought they continued to just do this single player story stuff with the new emperor

what's the state of the game?m I just read there is a new operation coming? what happened in the last 2 years? I thought they continued to just do this single player story stuff with the new emperor
They've pretty much remembered that the game is a MMORPG and started work on a new Operation - Gods from the Machine. Instead of waiting until the entire operation is finished, they're just releasing bosses one by one throughout the year as they finish their mechanics and such. The first boss is already available in-game right now.

Aside from that there's a new daily hub for Iokath where you can side with either faction regardless of your current class. Imperial Agent working for the Republic or a Jedi Knight siding with the Empire. It even affects PvP on the planet. All of that is only tied to Iokath, so the same rules don't apply to the rest of the galaxy.

Rflagg

I have been really wanting to play a mmo since I finally got internet again ( a long boring story) the good news is my isp has since upgraded and for the same price I now get a little more then 4 times the speed. :) I am currently downloading and strongly considering subbing again at least for awhile as really this is the only current mmo going and is not older then dirt that was able to grab me and I hated not having rest xp and other restrictions they give to preferred status players

The only story a completed was jedi consular and did pretty much everything you could at launch for the light side with him, I came stupidly close to finishing the sith inquisitor story during beta, but other then those two I messed around with a few other classes, but never got anywhere far. I know a ton has changed and they have added loads of new stuff since the last time I played which was right after they first introduced ftp options. My demo has been ready now for awhile so let's see how this goes.

Top Bottom