• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordique

Still tough to find in Calgary, AB...my cousin gave up looking since release (over a month now) and settled on the Wii U version of Zelda

Seems like when they come in, they get sold out before he has a chance to get one

I am lucky I got mine on midnight launch day without a preorder....I did have to wait for a few hours in line though.

mocoworm

Hi guys.

I have £240 in gift cards loaded in my Amazon UK account, but Switch NEON's are not in stock.

Does anyone know when the last time they had them in stock was, and also when they are likely to come back in stock?

Have there been any available since launch?

Duxxy3

Hi guys.

I have £240 in gift cards loaded in my Amazon UK account, but Switch NEON's are not in stock.

Does anyone know when the last time they had them in stock was, and also when they are likely to come back in stock?

Last Stock: 13/04/2017 15:43:29

Bazry

Hi guys.

Check Prime Now if they have that in your area, the NEON Switch is available on Prime Now in Manchester

boiled goose

good with gravy
I'm a 30 year Nintendo fan and I hated the GamePad from the first day I saw it.

WiiU was for noone. Not fans. Not casuals. Not core gamers. Clearly not third party developers or publishers. Heck not even Nintendo (they barely used the pad, too expensive, etc).

Fans were the only ones who could tolerate it. As a big Nintendo fan, I barely did. Lined up for wii day one but waited for a discounted wiiu at the end of it's life.

Switch is different. I actually like the hardware, but Nintendo still failed me on the services... so again, I'm waiting.

Cornbread78

I should just start buying them as they come in and reselling them to the folks here. Better that Gaffers get them then the resellers tracking stock on the third party sites and hawking them all up....

Not gonna lie... this is actually starting to get both annoying and worrisome

Getting closer to that window where I'm gonna legit be able to buy one and am worried I won't be able to :(

mocoworm

Check Prime Now if they have that in your area, the NEON Switch is available on Prime Now in Manchester

I can't believe this. The gift cards do not work on PRIME. They are loaded onto my Amazon account and they won't recognise in the PRIME shopping cart.

PSFan

Not gonna lie... this is actually starting to get both annoying and worrisome

Getting closer to that window where I'm gonna legit be able to buy one and am worried I won't be able to :(

I saw something at my local Best Buy the other day that made me realize how dumb it is to worry about preordering amiibos for launch. They had a whole wall of Lucina amiibos, on clearance. And I remembered how crazy people were to get that one because they feared it would be really limited or whatever. I saw a lot of Roy at Gamestop as well.

So I'm not worrying or going crazy trying to preorder these things anymore.

Tubie

I ca't believe this. The gift cards do not work on PRIME. They are loaded onto my Amazon account and they won't recognise in the PRIME shopping cart.

Contact Amazon and see if they can help you in any way.

Their support is usually pretty good.

I can't believe this. The gift cards do not work on PRIME. They are loaded onto my Amazon account and they won't recognise in the PRIME shopping cart.
That really sucks, I'd contact them to see if they can help but if they cant and you want it, buy it anyway and use your GC money on something else.

Is it normal for GC to not work with prime now?

mocoworm

That really sucks, I'd contact them to see if they can help but if they cant and you want it, buy it anyway and use your GC money on something else.

Is it normal for GC to not work with prime now?

Yep. They can't do anything about it. Just had 2 phone calls with them.

My legitimate Amazon gift cards (birthday gifts), loaded onto my Amazon account ... cannot be used on PRIME NOW. They are treated as separate accounts.

:(

My name is Ravi from Amazon Customer Service.

I understand you'd like to know if you can use your Amazon Gift Card on prime now but unfortunately it is not possible to apply on prime now.

I have escalated this matter to our leader ship team share the feedback

Amazon.co.uk Gift Vouchers and Gift Cards are only available in Great British Pound (£) and are non-transferable between Amazon sites.

Gift Cards can only be used on the specific Amazon sites they were purchased from.

For more information about Gift Card terms and conditions, please see the following Help page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200272910

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bazry

Yep. They can't do anything about it. Just had 2 phone calls with them.

My legitimate Amazon gift cards (birthday gifts), loaded onto my Amazon account ... cannot be used on PRIME NOW. They are treated as separate accounts.

:(

Separate accounts yet they have all your billing information from the main one for the Prime Now one :/

Bazry

Correct. Every single thing they need. Plus we pay per month to use it.

I'd be on to them again complaining, what is the point of you asking people for their credit and paying for Prime every month if you can't use the services properly. You might end up getting some free Prime or something that you can then justify spending money on a Switch and having it in 2 hours

If you have £240 in your account, Zelda and a Pro Controller would come to £106 anyway, so its only really £134 you're putting towards the Switch itself

Yes i'm just trying to justify the purchase for you :D

mocoworm

I'd be on to them again complaining, what is the point of you asking people for their credit and paying for Prime every month if you can't use the services properly. You might end up getting some free Prime or something that you can then justify spending money on a Switch and having it in 2 hours

If you have £240 in your account, Zelda and a Pro Controller would come to £106 anyway, so its only really £134 you're putting towards the Switch itself

Yes i'm just trying to justify the purchase for you :D

I have £240 in gift cards which have been loaded up to my amazon.co.uk account, which is out of stock of Switch consoles.

The site which has them in stock, available to be delivered in 4 hours to my house is PRIME NOW, which will not acknowledge my gift card credit in my account.

I will just have to wait for them to come back in stock on Amazon.co.uk.

Sucks.

OmegaFax

In the US, gift card balances on my Amazon account are shared with the Prime Now side of the site. There's a checkbox that asks me if I would like to apply my account balance towards the Prime Now purchase I'm using. There was one or two times I missed it or didn't notice it. I missed it one or two times because I was in a hurry to checkout. Honestly, it's somewhat easy to miss because I think it's buried under the payment selection pulldown (least from what my memory recalls).

Personally, you should escalate your claim to a supervisor. They should be able to refund the cash you used and deduct it from your gift card balance or work something out with you if you push for it. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to use gift card balance.

The only restriction to using gift cards on Prime Now, which also applies to the main Amazon site, is using Amazon gift cards to buy Amazon gift cards. Kind of common sense restrictions. Gift card credit will be ignored in those cases.

Unmoses

All the walmarts near my town have stock, one has 12, the others have between 5 to 8

Yep I just picked up one this morning in Maryland @ a walmart. They came in last night. He said they sometimes sit around for a few days, usually gone when they come in

I should just start buying them as they come in and reselling them to the folks here. Better that Gaffers get them then the resellers tracking stock on the third party sites and hawking them all up....

After tax, shipping and fees reselling a Switch for a profit is fool's errand. It's a good thing to because I think most people buying Switches in stores are buying them to play then. It means new stock can be in a store for an hour or two and sites like brickseek will help if you have the ability to take a day searching.

DomLando

Success!

Managed to get a Neon Switch at a Walmart today. For what its worth, I think Brickseek was the better tool compared to istocknow in my case. Checking istocknow showed this particular Walmart as having 2 gray consoles in stock, but zero neons. Brickseek showed 2 gray and 2 neons. Called the store and they said they had 4 consoles in stock. By the time I got over there about 20 minutes later, they had 1 Neon and 2 Gray consoles left. Out of curiosity, I checked Brickseek and istocknow after I left and brickseek accurately shows that there are zero Neon consoles left.

That particular WalMart also had a bunch of Pro Controllers and just about every color variation of JoyCons too- all red, all blue plus the red/blue.

Saw your post this morning and decided to check Brickseek. It said one Walmart had 2 and another by me had 5. I had a switch pre ordered at launch but decided against it for lack of games. But I need to play Zelda, so i caved. Anyway, ran to the Walmart and they had both Neon and Gray.

If anyone is in the Freehold/Howell New Jersey area, the Freehold Walmart had 1 Neon and 2 Gray left.

Lombax

Banned
Yep I just picked up one this morning in Maryland @ a walmart. They came in last night. He said they sometimes sit around for a few days, usually gone when they come in

NH here. I just check 2 of the 3 walmarts near my office [Manchester], and came up empty. Knowing nothing about shipping routes I am guessing they may show up in my area tomorrow?

Also if any members of NH GAF spot one in the wild send me a PM I'm getting tempted to buy one off Craigslist at this point, but I hate supporting that nonsense.

RedZaraki

Banned
It's pretty bullshit how these things trickle in like 3 or 4 per store, maybe once a week. Meanwhile the waiting list in my town is probably thousands of people. THOUSANDS.

This isn't just low supply. This is freaking low supply.

Like. They need to triple whatever they're currently planning because no one can find this thing.

Edit: Lexington KY. I don't know a single person that owns a Switch and have yet to see one in person.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
One Walmart near me I think had 1 in stock, but it sold before I could get there.

I'm kinda getting turned off on buying one as I just don't have the time to jump through hoops anymore as I get older.

I want a Switch, after some deliberation initially, but I don't have time to jump through hoops to get one.

Typical Nintendo launch. They doubled production but these things are still trickling out in classic Nintendo fashion. Perhaps we will see more availability for the 9-5 crowd later in the year. Until then, I can wait to play Zelda.

One Walmart near me I think had 1 in stock, but it sold before I could get there.

I'm kinda getting turned off on buying one as I just don't have the time to jump through hoops anymore as I get older.
Just wait for our to become generally available online? I'm sure there will be more games by then too.

Managed to get a grey one at a Walmart in upstate NY. All the recent stock notifications have been for Walmarts so if you have some near you, give them a call.

Xater

3 weeks. No Gamestop has received a Switch in my town (Hamburg). I am second on the list. Fuck this.

I'm in NRW and I have not seen one in stores since the end of March I think. I have checked multiple cities. This is terrible, Nintendo is basically just fueling the scalpers market.

My hope is that there will be new units with the release of Mario Kart.

Tailzo

I walked right in to a store a couple of days ago and bought a Switch. Had not planned it.

Only went there to have something to do while my daughter and wife were looking at clothes. When my wife came back, she asked me what I had seen. I said "oh, the new nintendo console", she asked me why I did not buy it.

So since I had no good answer, I bought it.

I live in Norway.

m00h

Banned
I'm in NRW and I have not seen one in stores since the end of March I think. I have checked multiple cities. This is terrible, Nintendo is basically just fueling the scalpers market.

My hope is that there will be new units with the release of Mario Kart.

The big Saturn on the Kö in Düsseldorf had two in Stock yesterday (neon). I was tempted, but I'd rather get the grey one, so I didn't get one. It looks like the stock situation is getting better.

It's pretty bullshit how these things trickle in like 3 or 4 per store, maybe once a week. Meanwhile the waiting list in my town is probably thousands of people. THOUSANDS.

This isn't just low supply. This is freaking low supply.

Like. They need to triple whatever they're currently planning because no one can find this thing.

Edit: Lexington KY. I don't know a single person that owns a Switch and have yet to see one in person.

Switch sold almost a million units in March in the US. Supply is HUGE.

Xater

The big Saturn on the Kö in Düsseldorf had two in Stock yesterday (neon). I was tempted, but I'd rather get the grey one, so I didn't get one. It looks like the stock situation is getting better.

What? I was there yesterday and they had nothing. Was around 2 or 3 PM. I would take neon or gray. I don't really care.

3 weeks. No Gamestop has received a Switch in my town (Hamburg). I am second on the list. Fuck this.

I saw them in the Saturn store at Mönckebergstraße. I also saw two grey ones in the Media Markt in the Nedderfeld Center but they are probably gone by now. Would you like me to keep an eye out for them?

I've seen them in the Saturn store at Mönckebergstraße. I also saw two grey ones at the Media Markt in the Nedderfeld Center but they are probably gone by now. Would you like me to keep an eye out for them?
No, because I am sadly tied to Gamestop because of credit. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom