• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you guy's think of Post Malone

Kworn

Banned
I love this guy.

He is so honest and down to earth which is very refreshing.

He is described as being a "melting pot of the country, grunge, hip-hop and R&B" which is pretty accurate and learnt to play the guitar through playing Guitar hero 3 when he was younger.

Love him, a breath of fresh air he is:

Congratulations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4xMk98Pdc

Candy Paint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlPRyK9YIAk

White Iverson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLsTskih7_I

post-malone-patient-00.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I like his new song “Rockstar,” but don’t really care for “Congratulations” or most of his first album.

Beach

Looks like he's having fun.
Doesn't take himself too serious.
Makes average to decent music.

Can't hate, I support him

JWiLL

Banned
I'm pretty pleased that a famous artist who uses my last name is generally likeable and not a complete douchenozzle.

Whales

Banned
apparently a bunch of friends told me im the ''arabic version'' of him.

Which prompted me to look up his music recently

And he's pretty good tbh. I like his style

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Seems like a really cool guy, his music is garbage though. But it's been a while since I listened to anything he has done so maybe he doesn't sound like a dying muskrat swallowing a bag of dicks anymore.

Looked it up, nope still garbage as fuck, can't sing can't rap so I'll do a mixture of both badly type shit.

I think he's talented and really likable.

His fashion sense is probably the worst I've ever seen, though. One of the hardest entertainers to look at IMO.

kris.

Banned
I'm a fan. He's one goofy lookin motherfucker but he seems super nice and down to earth and his songs are fun. Congratulations is the biggest earworm I've heard in a while.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member
I can't stand a single one of his songs, but in interviews and what not he seems like a pretty good dude. I like him on that merit alone...I ain't about to knock his hustle just because I don't listen to him.

Takuan

It's extremely easy to hate this kid on sight... but give Stoney an honest listen and the sincerity + raw talent is apparent.

He is clearly having fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how he evolves over the years.

Kworn

Banned
I hear his next studio album is going to be called Beer Bongs and Bentleys.

I can relate to him because I also look like a tramp with a beer gut.

Bacon

Really like the guy. He seems to be almost universally loved, his music does insane streaming numbers. Stoney was definitely a surprise hit for me last year too.

Rockstar is a great song. Deja Vu and Congratulations were also pretty solid

Look up his covers of Rage Against the Machine and Alice in Chains. They’re pretty cool

cwmartin

Extremely likeable, goofy, and corny. He manages to somehow come out the better end of it, despite a lot of super goofy stuff he does. I imagine he has LOTS of help with his music.

I only heard of this dude through H3H3, surprised to see that first vid linked has 400m views. Holy shit.

Cool vibe from his music.

spock

It's extremely easy to hate this kid on sight... but give Stoney an honest listen and the sincerity + raw talent is apparent.

He is clearly having fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how he evolves over the years.

My take as well. Very interested to see where he goes over the years since he really is on his own wave length.

Zekes!

I’ll be the first to say I can’t stand the dude or his music

Always stood out to me as another white kid who wishes he was Black

Also he seems like an industry plant but IDK

Kworn

Banned
I’ll be the first to say I can’t stand the dude or his music

Always stood out to me as another white kid who wishes he was Black

Also he seems like an industry plant but IDK

Yes but he doesn't give a fuuuuuuck.

He is not just a Hip Hop guy he does metal/grunge as well.

I mean he seems nice and all but people are treating him like jesus. He makes bottom-tier mumblerap oh but he made an aucustic cover with a bunch of reverb what a musical genious.

Likeable, talented artist. August 26th was dope, Stoney is great too.

Yep. August 26th is definitely my favorite thing he's done.

Never Understand and Hollywood Dreams Come Down are both fantastic singles:
http://www.datpiff.com/Post-Malone-August-26th-mixtape.783234.html

I was really disappointed with his debut to be honest, but the stuff he's done since has been good.

Also, it doesn't need to be said but fuck Charlamagne. Dude has no idea how to handle artists with self-confidence, and absolutely tries to bully those that don't have it.

Stencil

I always thought he looked like kind of a chump, but then I saw a vine of him singing that Tongue Tied song by Grouplove and realized he could at least be a goof, which is cool.

That Congratulations song you posted wasn't bad either. So, OP, I suppose I've come around to him.

Top Bottom