• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Demo: Feburary 21; (Euro PSN) February 22 [Up On Xbox Live/PSN]

red731

It probably won't be up on PSN until around 5 pm est.

I need to go to bed but I can't..... At least I'm still at the top of the trick it leaderboard for now.

Well I wont race for that long and thats tricky, but I will survive it.

ed: I hope there wont be fps issues on ps3 oh some entity please.

Fuck, the pleasure centers in my brain kicked in when "It's Tricky" started playing. This game feels like the game I have wanted since Tricky (yes I am one of those Tricky>3 guys) but it does feel like they struck a good balance between the two games. I am about 1000x more hyped than I was before. Framerate seems fine BTW.

Framerate issues? Very disappointing.

Nothing that I noticed so unless that sort of thing jumps out at you, it might not be a problem. (I'm more of a Tearing guy when it comes to graphical bug-a-boos. I rarely notice framerate stuff unless it's like full stop affairs.)

Tokubetsu

DEAR SOULTRON, JAMBI, HJIB AND BENJAMIN, YOU CAN ALL EAT SHIT AND DIE.

I JUST TORE YOUR TIME TO PIECES. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

FIRST TRY BITCHES. ASSUME THE POSITION

iOaRVWmrk3EnZ.gif

tusken77

I hope there wont be fps issues on ps3 oh some entity please.

I'd say the PS3 version will be equal at best to the 360 version, considering they've been showing it on the Xbox.

I'm waiting for the Japanese PS3 demo to hit, so I'm relying on you guys for impressions! Any more word on the framerate?

StuBurns

Banned
Nothing that I noticed so unless that sort of thing jumps out at you, it might not be a problem. (I'm more of a Tearing guy when it comes to graphical bug-a-boos. I rarely notice framerate stuff unless it's like full stop affairs.)
Yeah, I rarely have issue with it, so if it's not so bad, it probably won't bother me. I do hate screentear though indeed, is there any?

JambiBum

DEAR SOULTRON, JAMBI, HJIB AND BENJAMIN, YOU CAN ALL EAT SHIT AND DIE.

I JUST TORE YOUR TIME TO PIECES. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

FIRST TRY BITCHES. ASSUME THE POSITION

Lul what? It says you are a full second behind me, and 4 behind soultron. Unless it hasn't updated yet.

tusken77

Ah, that's more comforting. Just before you, dark said the framerate's fine, too. I'm the same, can't stand screen tear, I always see it. I'll take a dip in framerate instead of tearing every time.

Khezu

Played the demo once, didn't have any FPS issues, though, in the beginning part with the helicopter, it felt like it froze for a split second on multiple occasions.

Also have no idea what I'm doing.

soultron

Banned
Played the demo once, didn't have any FPS issues, though, in the beginning part with the helicopter, it felt like it froze for a split second on multiple occasions.

Also have no idea what I'm doing.

Were you playing the race event or the trick event?

I've had a few minor dips but nothing mega serious. It's smooth as butter 99% of the time. I'm actually glad how fast it loads and restarts too. It's super fast for both.

soultron

Banned
Daaaaamn, son 2:13.29 on the race course.

DIS BE SO ADDICTING ALREADY

The fucking demo has me trying to destroy peoples' scores. Imagine the full game. I might not even play the entire thing because I'm such a perfectionist.

Also, Todd Batty's score of 35 million on Bulldog is fucking nutty. That's insane. Ridiculous.

Khezu

Were you playing the race event or the trick event?

I've had a few minor dips but nothing mega serious. It's smooth as butter 99% of the time. I'm actually glad how fast it loads and restarts too. It's super fast for both.

Wasn't even paying attention, just did the first race after the tutorial to see what was up before I had to get off the xbox.

Seems fun so far, my memory of the old SSX games is so diluted at this point that I can't really compare them.

JambiBum

The fucking demo has me trying to destroy peoples' scores. Imagine the full game. I might not even play the entire thing because I'm such a perfectionist.

Also, Todd Batty's score of 35 million on Bulldog is fucking nutty. That's insane. Ridiculous.

35? That's fucking insane. No way lol.

soultron

Banned
Any way to redo the tutorial? I went with buttons and now it sounds like sticks is the "way" to "go".

I think you can set the controls in the options. I remember reading that on one of the load screens.

It needs to be next week right now. I need this game in my veins. Holy shit.

I guess I'll get back to putting the OT up now. /kicks dirt

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just completed the tutorials and my first TrickIt, music is suprisingly good, but god the Tricky wubs are annoying- they completely take me out of the game.

Switched to the classic camera and much prefer it, as for the controls, the sticks feel a bit floaty so going to try for a bit more yet then switch to the classic mode. Again too, interested in seeing how both methods perform on a PS3 pad later.

Damn solid though- art directions lovely, characters, trail lines, definitely hyped for next week.

I think you can set the controls in the options. I remember reading that on one of the load screens.

It needs to be next week right now. I need this game in my veins. Holy shit.

I guess I'll get back to putting the OT up now. /kicks dirt

Yeah, you can but I wasn't sure what did what.

Also, don't forget, "Welcome To The Wub Wub Dub Hub!"

;D

SLV

OMG OMG OMG does that i mean that i can download it from the US PSN already ? :O
as always should not matter that i am in Europe right ?

EDIT: ARGH, US PSN store maintenance :/

Bad7667

I've never played any other SSX, but reading this thread and seeing peoples love for the games, I got interested. Played the demo and I fucking love it. The music in combination with the game is so great. Can't wait til Tuesday.

Edit: I never experienced any FPS issues at all, and that shit drives me crazy.

D6AMIA6N

Sorry, driving to work. There are indeed frame rate issues, specifically on the Bulldog trick it run. It's not a matter of if it bothers you or not, it either exists or it doesn't. The frame rate definitely drops when you are nearing the large drop off, where there are large pipes or some sort of obstacle to grind. Play it for your self. It doesn't break the game, but it is present. No need to assemble the SSX defense force.

EDIT: Pretty sure there is some screen tearing as well, 360 version.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Annnd switched to the Classic Controls and not liking it all. Apologies EA, you knew what you were doing all along!

(2.24 on the race track atm)

Damn the volatile are harder to get used to than I thought. It may just be that I'm used to playing with a dual shock. I guess I'll know when I try the ps3 demo later today. But I basically have to reteach myself how to play. Tried classic controls but they fuck me up because previously there was no button for grinding terrain.

mujun

Controls are too complicated. Arrghhh... hope I can get used to them in a decent amount of time when I get the full game.

SLV

We're in for a long wait, breh.

Ain't that the truth, argh, i am so excited, just give it to me already >.<

EDIT: And i am going to be so jealous of fellow gaffers, as i will probably get it 2-5 days after Europe launch >.< The only time shopto shipped something early for it to arrive to me, at or before launch was SWTOR, ugh. Always takes 4-5 days exactly to arrive to Latvia, against their rules though to ship it 4-5 days before launch, as they wont hear none of it. This will be one hard wait for me :(

Top Bottom