• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Ken

Some questions that seem appropriate for this thread

1) Does it work like P4 where you can max out a confidant with a girl and then not choose to romance?

2) Are there consequences like in P4G if you choose the dating option for more than one girl?

1) yes

2) an event changes if you date more than one girl yeah

mollipen

C8Mb9naUIAQcrX0.jpg

Absolutely best love interest the new era of Persona has had. I never really expected to go after here, but oh my lord, she just grew on me so, so much. Some of the cutest (in a good way) moments in the game come from her.

On my first P4G run I did a romance of every choice because I'd already done Naoto and Chie in my first two P4 runs, and I wanted to see everything else.

The valentine event where you have multiple girlfriends is BRUTAL. Like, holy shit I'm a monster. I hope there's a return of a similar event this time =P

For those who've played the import or review copies: favorite romance/characters? Maybe top 3? Or if you put a lot of time into a character but they didn't click with you? Makoto looks like my girl.

Ken

On my first P4G run I did a romance of every choice because I'd already done Naoto and Chie in my first two P4 runs, and I wanted to see everything else.

The valentine event where you have multiple girlfriends is BRUTAL. Like, holy shit I'm a monster. I hope there's a return of a similar event this time =P

For those who've played the import or review copies: favorite romance/characters? Maybe top 3? Or if you put a lot of time into a character but they didn't click with you? Makoto looks like my girl.

I liked Haru and Makoto romance, though I didn't really like the latter as a party member skill-wise.

People constantly debate which is the correct romance option in Persona games.

For example in Persona 4 there is only one clear choice for companion, Chie, but for some reason a small number of people prefer the more inferior ladies. Those who pick the wrong companion are so embarassed by their poor choice that they have to get on GAF and make up excuses for why their choice is the best. It's thinly veiled and we all know they're wrong.

The Persona Waifu discussion oftentimes can take up hundreds of points, even to the point that it annoys members who are unable to have fun on the internet.
Okay, I got it. Now let's not turn this into a Persona 4 waifu thread lol

Oh, you'll see; welcome to Persona
Thanks, though I've already played Persona 4 years ago :p

Having a hard time deciding who is best girl in this one. Haven't met all of them yet.
Makoto is definitely the lead Waifu, but she's making me work for it though :mad:
(too many Social Status requirements)
Futaba-san is getting there but she's giving me Nana-chan vibes. Ann is okay I guess.

Hahahahahaha, I have to youtube this later.

You can use Mara as your Persona.

name.jpg

mollipen

Not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?

Kinda light spoiler-y?

Futaba is not only younger than you, but definitely acts like it. After you help her with her situation, she comes off as the "little sister" type, especially in the sort of family dynamic that you + her + Sojiro come to form. Also, Sojiro specifically asks you not to date her, seemingly because of how weird it would be.

Makoto 1000%. My order of who I would have went with would have been: Makoto > Miss Kawakami > Ann > journalist > doctor > Haru >>>>>>>>> shoji girl [infinite >s] Futuba. I love Haru's design, but her personality just did not click at all with me. She ended up being more "I want to be her" and not "I want to be with her", because lord that girl has fashion sense right up my alley (and my hair at times is very similar to hers).

My Valentine's Day was super calm and sweet because I didn't dare cheat on Makoto. But, I've heard it can be crazy again in P5 if you don't follow that advice. if I even have the time to do a second run, I want to get it set up timing-wise where I could date them all to see the results, or see the solo results of some of the others. I guess that's what YouTube is for, though.

KraytarJ

I really wonder how it'll go for me this time. In 3 I was all about Kirijo but kinda pooched it because that linked unlocks so late so I ended up settling for Yukari and really wasn't happy about it. Then in 4 I just didn't chose between Rise and Yukiko, which led to some guilt on Valentine's Day and one other thing I can't remember.

Going in I'm leaning #TeamFutaba

kewlmyc

Not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?

Minor spoilers

She lives with you and your caretaker and the 3 of you sorta form a 3 person family bond similar to the bond between the MC, Dojima, and Nanako in P4. So yeah, dating her is kinda like dating your little sister, especially since you clean up after her like an actual big brother.

To each their own though.

mdubs

Banned
I think that I'm going to go with Ann with this playthrough, the Lovers arcana has never done me wrong.

In P4, I dated Yukiko way too early in the game, and then regretted it when I got to know Rise. The lesson is to wait until you have everyone before you make these types of decisions.

mollipen

In P4, I dated Yukiko way too early in the game, and then regretted it when I got to know Rise. The lesson is to wait until you have everyone before you make these types of decisions.

It's funny to think of it in real-world terms.

"No, I do like you, and I definitely might want to date you, but... I REALLY need to see what this next girl we'll be meeting soon is all about first."

Blunoise

GAF help me out please!!! Who do I choose Futaba,Ann, chiyaha, or sadayo???? I want them all but only one can accept my love

Eylos

Banned
The doctor is cute, but the description is creepy.
The shogi girl is cute too, but idk

Punch girl for now, before playing it

Happy there's a Teacher character you can actually interact with.

Plus what they've revealed about her in the trailers have me verrry curious.

Lynx_7

I think that I'm going to go with Ann with this playthrough, the Lovers arcana has never done me wrong.

In the original P4 I just dated all of them. It wasn't my fault Mara made me do it.

Some questions that seem appropriate for this thread

1) Does it work like P4 where you can max out a confidant with a girl and then not choose to romance?

2) Are there consequences like in P4G if you choose the dating option for more than one girl?

1) Yes

2)
There are consequences, but not nearly as severe as they were in P3/P4

Gbraga

Hahahahaha, count me in for the "I've made a huge mistake" crowd after meeting Rise. She's the best.

Makoto 1000%. My order of who I would have went with would have been: Makoto > Miss Kawakami > Ann > journalist > doctor > Haru >>>>>>>>> shoji girl [infinite >s] Futuba. I love Haru's design, but her personality just did not click at all with me. She ended up being more "I want to be her" and not "I want to be with her", because lord that girl has fashion sense right up my alley (and my hair at times is very similar to hers).

My Valentine's Day was super calm and sweet because I didn't dare cheat on Makoto. But, I've heard it can be crazy again in P5 if you don't follow that advice. if I even have the time to do a second run, I want to get it set up timing-wise where I could date them all to see the results, or see the solo results of some of the others. I guess that's what YouTube is for, though.

Damn, this is pretty much my order of "designs I like", before playing the game. I hope it'll end up being the same when I get to know them.

Makoto is the best, but there's a teacher and she's older and bxcvkjocjncnokljhgnn

Fuck this game.

Top Bottom