• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davedough

jCrpF.png

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Dave pimping himself, of course.

Just playing Sword & Sworcery and was amazed to find the character you play is a woman. From the sprites you can't tell at all (not that these characters are necessarily human, but still...) Unexpected happy surprise!

leadbelly

Banned
Dave pimping himself, of course.

Just playing Sword & Sworcery and was amazed to find the character you play is a woman. From the sprites you can't tell at all (not that these characters are necessarily human, but still...) Unexpected happy surprise!

So you can't pick your own character then?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It is good! But at the same time it's a very artsy game and so might not be for everyone. It is hard to judge who would enjoy it...

RawPower

Banned
I don't know if it's the people I'm hanging around or what, but the things I'm seeing, hearing, and reading are gradually causing me to lose all faith in humanity. I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but that's how I feel as of late.

read Cormac McCarthy ;)

Actually read something uplifting or about overcoming shit. I'd recommend the Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Ghost Rider by Neal Peart, A Long Way Gone, Old Man and The Sea, you know stuff like that.

leadbelly

Banned
It is good! But at the same time it's a very artsy game and so might not be for everyone. It is hard to judge who would enjoy it...

I do like the look of it actually. I was just watching a video of it on steam. Not what I thought the game would look like at all. Only £3.74. I might buy it.

Davedough

Thanks everyone! =)

Woke up to my wife and daughters preparing me crepes for breakfast. Its a good day so far. =)

Sucks that I have to be at work though.

Happy Birthday, everybody! :D

My radiator is quasi-busted. It seems like it's a little leakier than before, but the real issue is that it no longer feeds water from the reservoir, so I have to lug jugs with me to refill it directly. The brilliant stroke of luck is that my parents are getting a new car and will be handing down the old one, which they just bought a couple months ago and inexplicably decided they didn't like. So the decision to upgrade was made before this car started to truly fall apart!

Also, I would have joined in yesterday, but my name has no cool anagrams. I've tried many times before. D:

Going back to the ADD thing, I've realised that I don't actually know where I'd go for it. 'cause initially I thought the GP I'm registered with, but then I don't know if they'd really know enough about ADD? I don't know.

Also I mentioned it to a couple of my friends and got the typical "You don't have ADD" response. Is it bad that I really want to have it now so that I can throw it back in their face? >_>

Also wtf Dave? Is there something you're not telling us?

Going back to the ADD thing, I've realised that I don't actually know where I'd go for it. 'cause initially I thought the GP I'm registered with, but then I don't know if they'd really know enough about ADD? I don't know.

Also I mentioned it to a couple of my friends and got the typical "You don't have ADD" response. Is it bad that I really want to have it now so that I can throw it back in their face? >_>

Would it really matter if you had a diagnosis? ADD, unless it's a particularly nasty variant, is just the brain working in a different than typical manner but generally not a destructive manner. You can channel it into being incredibly useful, because it allows you to multitask ridiculously well under the right circumstances*.

Take your brain as it is and make it work for you. It is your slave and will do your bidding if you learn how to command it.

* those circumstances include traits such as "no deadline for any of the tasks involved".

Going back to the ADD thing

By the way, this is what ADD leads to if you treat it right:

Real_120417a.png

Somebody was wondering how some of their topics were doing, so one of my thought threads became a plan to make an analysis script for GAF. It was one of many things I've been doing (such as costume planning and gardening and wondering why I had lots of sex in January and February but then it all stopped cold turkey and planning on getting a new car and managing a major HVAC improvement in my server room and managing a panel or two at an upcoming steampunk convention and soforth), but it got a higher priority due to how short term interesting (and not costing money and not waiting on anybody else) it was, conceptually.

Say, when was the thread tossed into Community? I'm wondering if there was a specific effect when that happened, or if nothing in particular happened at that point. Maybe it was in mid-March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom