• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT9| Rick and Morty Mafia now taking Sign Ups!

RetroMG

PREFERRED GAME: infamous (although I should probably brush up on those games)

I just saw this and wanted to drop a note to new players - Intimate knowledge of the series shouldn't be required to play well. The flavor primarily exists to make the game more interesting, but we encourage game designers to fit the flavor around the game, not the game around the flavor.

Fat4all

Banned
fzU3ukG.gif

RetroMG

ENROLLMENT UPDATE

Our goal is 63 players before games start. This includes 53 players for the actual games, and 10 replacements.

After ONE DAY of signups, we are currently at 42 players and 2 replacements. I think this might be a record for us.

I love you, Science Doggo.

Season 9 Players:

01. [m] Xbro - New - MST
02. [m] Muffin1611 - New - GMT+1
03. [f] Samuraischnecke - New - GMT+1
04. [f] WaffleTaco - New - CST
05. [m] Zeusy - New - PST
06. [m] Ri'Orius - PST
07. [m] OceanicAir - CST
08. [m] CrimsonFist - BST
09. [f] Sophia - EST
10. [m] Ty4on - CET
11. [m] Sorian - PST
12. [m] Nomadic Sparks - EST
13. [m] Karkador - EST
14. [m] Royal_Flush - CET
15. [m] flatearthpandas - GMT+9
16. [m] Kyanrute - GMT+2
17. [m] batsnacks - EST
18. [m] nin1000 - GMT+1
19. [m] Verelios - EST
20. [f] kitsunelaine - UTC+12
21. [m] Natiko - EST
22. [m] Bronx-Man - EST
23. [m] franconp - GMT-3
24. [-] Darryl - EST
25. [m] SkyOdin - PST
26. [m] Ourobolus - PST
27. [m] cabot - GMT+1
28. [m] Blargonaut - GMT
29. [m] Dr. Worm - EST
30. [m] Dusk Soldier - EDT
31. [m] Timeaisis - CST
32. [m] Lone_Prodigy - PST
33. [m] *Splinter - GMT
34. [m] Kawl_USC - CST
35. [m] isaacnukem - UTC+8
36. [f] hey_monkey - EST
37. [m] Zippedpinhead - EST
38. [m] Flame_AC - EST
39. [m] Kalor - BST
40. [m] Fat4all - EST
41. [m] acohrs - BST
42. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
43. [m] rac - EST

Replacement
01. [-] weemadarthur - CST
02. [m] CornBurrito - EST - Currently banned
03. [f] Swamped - EST

Needs: 10 more applicants and 7 extra replacements

If you signed up and your name is not listed or if your detail is wrong, let me know.

roytheone

J... just to remind you: I only put people in the games. If you need to be paired up with CERTAIN HAWT INDIVIDUAL IN A TINY BOAT FULL WITH INNUENDOS, it's the bear you need to bribe

good luck trying to eat the bear, you scary owl >:3

Uh.......you DO realize that by clarifying this, you just threw away your bargaining chips you could offer in return for me not eating you, right?

Sorian

Banned
Uh excuse me.

I did not sign up with a time zone or gender because I am an amorphous being outside the bounds of time. Please do not assume for me.

Bad spider.

Bad.

RetroMG

Uh excuse me.

I did not sign up with a time zone or gender because I am an amorphous being outside the bounds of time. Please do not assume for me.

Bad spider.

Bad.

You know what, that's entirely fair.

Miss spider, please remove Sorian from the signup list.

;) jk

If u have any friends who was ever curious about mafia, now is the time to rope them into our madness.

Needs 8 more aspiring murderers, pls

Gorlak

Banned
1. I still recommend to show off our past games and especially the different flavours. Somebody surely can create a nice and apealling (or appalling? ^.^) gif to advertise ourselves.

2. Do you think short summaries of games are useful? We always recommend our personal favorite games (and of course everyone links the best game there is: NX). But maybe reviews in hindsight attract some newies?

3. Sending PMs to former players helped previously, but if this is considered, we should include the question if they want to bothered by us in the future as well.

2. Do you think short summaries of games are useful? We always recommend our personal favorite games (and of course everyone links the best game there is: NX). But maybe reviews in hindsight attract some newies?

What would a short summary even look like and how could it possibly get someone interested in Mafia? "Person A accused Person B, Person B accuses Person A, Person C does a psychoanalysis of Persons A and B and everybody goes after Person C"?

Natiko

Banned
What would a short summary even look like and how could it possibly get someone interested in Mafia? "Person A accused Person B, Person B accuses Person A, Person C does a psychoanalysis of Persons A and B and everybody goes after Person C"?
That's probably not even a good representation. It's more like "Person A accused Person B. Person B accused Person C. Thirty seconds before day end everyone inexplicably voted for Person D."

1. I still recommend to show off our past games and especially the different flavours. Somebody surely can create a nice and apealling (or appalling? ^.^) gif to advertise ourselves.

3. Sending PMs to former players helped previously, but if this is considered, we should include the question if they want to bothered by us in the future as well.

1. ...I've been working on something. Not a GIF, but, you know. Blarg promises, Blarg release dates

2. Oh, that's a good idea. TY

3. Indeed

Gorlak

Banned

I'm brainstorming here, try to be more solution oriented and positive please :p

How about putting some key events in there and describe the general vibe in the game

Edit: these are not summaries. I .. just ... eh... deal with it

Pineapple pizza mafia: "tough guys talkin' shit" (I've never read it bc the wrong side was mafia, it's obvious pineapple pizza lovers are the best kind of humans)

Love Boat: "Opening gambits from town and scum turn sour" (god I'm horrible at this)

erh... Gafia 3: "Let's vote the person with the second most votes, it's clearly so scummy looking - greatest maf fake claim by Dragonz btw"

Or Crab's fake scum slip in Mini Maf 3(?)

Ah, I don't know, maybe it's not a good idea, I was hoping someone could pick up the ball here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ More like teasers?

Stop cackling. It makes the children nervous

Shush, you!

Hmm. I kept noticing these threads but not clicking because I just wasn't sure what I'd be getting into. Maybe if we could change the title to include something about recruitment being open? Honestly, such a small thing might help. OR! How about this? We have this OT for signups but we have another semi-permanent thread that's a recruitment/faq/general thread? Could we do that? Jumping right into an OT can be intimidating but if we have one that is specifically HEY YOU COME HERE AND CHECK THIS OUT ALSO PLAY WITH US maybe that would help bring in new blood.

Shush, you!

Hmm. I kept noticing these threads but not clicking because I just wasn't sure what I'd be getting into. Maybe if we could change the title to include something about recruitment being open? Honestly, such a small thing might help. OR! How about this? We have this OT for signups but we have another threads that's a recruitment/faq/general thread? Could we do that?

They usually do that. Must have forgotten this time around. [SIGNUPS OPEN] has been a regular part of the periodic recruitment threads.

They'd need a GAF mod to change it now. :p

Verelios

They usually do that. Must have forgotten this time around. [SIGNUPS OPEN] has been a regular part of the periodic recruitment threads.

They'd need a GAF mod to change it now. :p
You guys are slipping! It's a slippery slope!

I've got no more slip puns so... I'm gonna slip away now.

That's probably not even a good representation. It's more like "Person A accused Person B. Person B accused Person C. Thirty seconds before day end everyone inexplicably voted for Person D."

I should have realized that, since I was a victim of that twice in my first game. lmao

Top Bottom