• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

StewboaT_

Man, that beta really did a number on me. I'm actually thinking of buying this right away. I may smarten up and give it a few weeks to further iron out the server problems.

Just pre-purchased this on PSN. I was sold in the closed alpha, and have dumped a ton of time in the betas. Outside of one weird one hour block where team killing was super popular, everyone I've ran into has been really cool to play with, working as a team, not super upset when someone screws up... probably one of the best mic experiences in the last two gens for me personally.

If anyone on GAF wants to play tomorrow, my PSN is TheApatheticOne. Would love to get a few GAFers who are going to put some time into it on my friends list. :)

Gaz_RB

Just pre-purchased this on PSN. I was sold in the closed alpha, and have dumped a ton of time in the betas. Outside of one weird one hour block where team killing was super popular, everyone I've ran into has been really cool to play with, working as a team, not super upset when someone screws up... probably one of the best mic experiences in the last two gens for me personally.

If anyone on GAF wants to play tomorrow, my PSN is TheApatheticOne. Would love to get a few GAFers who are going to put some time into it on my friends list. :)

I'd definitely agree about the mic thing. It's been a long time since I've heard that many randoms on mic before. It helps that the VOIP is a decent quality.

At least the studio implemented a votekick measure. Pretty easy to get rid of annoying players.

And yeah, really happy there is at least a VOIP option. Occasionally you get an annoying kid, but I actually found a group of 3-4 people to play with because they were using in-game comms. Staring HARD in your direction, Battlefront.

Ralemont

not me
I had a great time with the Beta and will be buying this eventually. I'm hoping they change Terrorist Hunt so that new terrorists don't spawn when you plant the Defuser, though.

HiiiLife

So this is my first time ever preloading a game... I just purchased the digital copy and its 4 gigs... Does that sound right to other people?

The rest of the game will download WHILE I'm playing the game at 12 est????

Gaz_RB

I had a great time with the Beta and will be buying this eventually. I'm hoping they change Terrorist Hunt so that new terrorists don't spawn when you plant the Defuser, though.

I'd bet they leave Bomb Defusal how it is currently. I don't think it'd be a very fun mode if you could clear out the whole building and then defuse the bomb. That's what classic terrorist hunt is for.

So this is my first time ever preloading a game... I just purchased the digital copy and its 4 gigs... Does that sound right to other people?

The rest of the game will download WHILE I'm playing the game at 12 est????

Is this on PS4? If so yeah, the 4GB is the size before you can start the game and the rest downloads in the background.

Great OT lol. Seems quite thin on content at $60; I'll be waiting for a price drop and more content to drop. Playing T-Hunt with my bros in the beta was a ton of fun though.

Gaz_RB

Please have no server issues.
fingers-crossed.gif

It's crazy how they are still potentially releasing a broken game after what happened with Battlefield , mcc.

This game could really sell well on word-of-mouth. Don't fuck this up ubi.

Cant get the game til thursday but I so want some gaffers to play with.
PSN: RukiaRemix

Gaz_RB

It's crazy how they are still potentially releasing a broken game after what happened with Battlefield , mcc.

This game could really sell well on word-of-mouth. Don't fuck this up ubi.

Seriously. Server issues are the only things that I think could hold it back from really gaining a multiplayer foothold. Especially given that there really isn't much coming out for the next few months. I could see people getting burnt out by games released earlier this season and latching onto Rainbow Six for the long haul, given that there really won't be anything to pull them away for a while.

But if those servers are fucked up for the first week...

Mentok

Banned
Seriously. Server issues are the only things that I think could hold it back from really gaining a multiplayer foothold. Especially given that there really isn't much coming out for the next few months. I could see people getting burnt out by games released earlier this season and latching onto Rainbow Six for the long haul, given that there really won't be anything to pull them away for a while.

But if those servers are fucked up for the first week...

Honestly, the servers and some technical issues are holding me back from jumping on this at launch (got burnt on BF4). I'm really hoping Ubi gets it all together, because it really is a fun game!

Archpath1

Really fun MP
You can have some serious clutch moments

It's scary hearing everything blow up around as they make their way to you

Jarrod38

Forgot I had $20 in Xbox credit so that would bring the game down to like $42 so just might it buy but still want to see how the servers are though. Also was just reading that the final game still has the no renow or xp point glitch.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

That's only one variant of terrorist hunt in the game so you should be covered

So, is this a worthy Rainbow Six game?

It's more Rainbow Six than Vegas was, for sure. Still a little dumbed down, but I think, in spirit, it's Rainbow Six. Most tense fun I've had in a while.

This was so hard to watch, in such a good way. Bravo.

I wish I had recorded it, but we had a match as defenders where we just annihilated the attackers. It was 4v1 and we were nice and cocky, absolutely positive we had a win.

Then this Solid Snake motherfucker proceeds to do some guerrilla warfare shit. Almost all of us were defending the one objective at the upper floor, with many of our windows still barricaded. He used that to his advantage, blowing breaching charges to distract us while popping into other windows and taking us out.

He eventually cleared us all out :( It was terrifying.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
What system are most people buying this on? None of my friends are buying... so I'll have to depend on the community for teams/friends.

I'd like to get it on PC... anyone else?

So, is this a worthy Rainbow Six game?

I think is probably better off not being compared to previous R6 games as it really is nothing like them and if you do compare it I think you'll be left pretty disappointed.

Take it for what it is IMO and forget the R6 in the title. For what it actually is, it can be a very tense and rewarding game if played with the right people but it can be a shit fest with randoms.

I'm tempted to buy the season pass, not because I actually want it, but because I like the DLC model for this game and want to support it.

Also, 6 reviews out so far, average is 7.4

http://n4g.com/channel/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege

7-8 is about where I expect the averages to fall. A lot of people aren't going to like game like this, a lot of outlets are going to complain about the lack of campaign. So far 7-8 seems a trend for these 'multiplayer focused' games (PvZ GW, 78, Battlefront 74, Siege 74), Titanfall is the only game of this type to perform exceptionally well critically, with an 86 metacritic.

With that said, it seems as we move forward the critical opinion becomes less and less relevant, as I feel that it has less of a correlation with commercial performance. Millions of consumers are buying and playing critically 'mediocre' games, and I don't think we saw that as often last generation or prior.

Top Bottom