• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Played Totem, Roundabout, and Nutjitsu so far on X1 builds using X1 controller. All of them are Awesomeeeeee. Nutjitsu out in about a month for $5, roundabout out around October for $15, Totem no price details.

Edit: not X1 related but played Lifeline new DLC from State of Decay and it was awesome fun!

Chitown B

Of course developers hated having to put out demos. That would mean gamers would actually get a chance to try out some the crappy games that have come out BEFORE buying them *GASP*. In all seriousness though, that sucks that developers don't like them because there was literally at least 10-15 times when I tried out a demo of an XBLA game with no intention to buy it and ended up liking the game so much I bought solely on my experience in the demo. So, as much as they hate it they are possibly missing out on sales this way. Plus, if you are confident in your game why would you not want to put out a demo to convince people who are on the fence?

Some games aren't the type conducive to demos, and the creators would have to code an entire scenario separately just for the demo (RPG's for instance). I think the bigger issue is game prices need to come down now that everything is digital - you don't get demos for many $60 disc games and that's a lot bigger waste of money if you don't like it.

Haha sorry guys, can't post much at convention for fear of it not sending due to poor connection.

Below is my game of the show. It has the effect of making you feel so small in this big world. It had item crafting and the story is very unforgiving when you die (you need to find campfire spots to work as checkpoint a which are few and far between). The game itself is just indescribable, I mean you feel powerless at the forces you are put against and you can die really easily, but you must thread on into the darkness. Capy refused to entertain release date questions though, and I played it on a 360 controller so not sure when it is out but it's confirmed for X1/PC now.

derFeef

Haha sorry guys, can't post much at convention for fear of it not sending due to poor connection.

Below is my game of the show. It has the effect of making you feel so small in this big world. It had item crafting and the story is very unforgiving when you die (you need to find campfire spots to work as checkpoint a which are few and far between). The game itself is just indescribable, I mean you feel powerless at the forces you are put against and you can die really easily, but you must thread on into the darkness. Capy refused to entertain release date questions though, and I played it on a 360 controller so not sure when it is out but it's confirmed for X1/PC now.

Mhhhhh! Thanks for impressions.

jpatez34

Neo Member
When are we going to get prices equal to Amazon and other online retailers?

Wanted to purchase Titanfall through the X1 marketplace and was amazed that it cost £55 and on Amazon it was £15 cheaper! Ended up buying both Rayman Legends and Titanfall through Amazon instead of going digital.

Why is X1, PS4 & even Nintendo's marketplaces so bloody expensive? Why can't they be more like Steam with mega sales (yes I know Sony has promotions for PS+) and cheaper prices? Digital buying on consoles needs a major kick up the ass if its to suceed over retail.

lostcauz

When are we going to get prices equal to Amazon and other online retailers?

Wanted to purchase Titanfall through the X1 marketplace and was amazed that it cost £55 and on Amazon it was £15 cheaper! Ended up buying both Rayman Legends and Titanfall through Amazon instead of going digital.

Why is X1, PS4 & even Nintendo's marketplaces so bloody expensive? Why can't they be more like Steam with mega sales (yes I know Sony has promotions for PS+) and cheaper prices? Digital buying on consoles needs a major kick up the ass if its to suceed over retail.

Titanfall digital £29 http://www.shopplay.co.uk/titanfall-xbox-one.html

This is why we need more retailer based digital codes.

jbug617

Banned
Just saw the video of Major Nelson's PAX Panel and he had iocat on. Talked more about the program. From the talk sounds like we should expect 2 id@xbox games this month and there should be a steady stream of games coming. Also talked about a cat game coming with smartglass. Wouldn't name who is making it though.

Just saw the video of Major Nelson's PAX Panel and he had iocat on. Talked more about the program. From the talk sounds like we should expect 2 id@xbox games this month and there should be a steady stream of games coming. Also talked about a cat game coming with smartglass. Wouldn't name who is making it though.

I might be wrong but this is a game with a cat in it with a developer that is in ID@Xbox, pleeeease be it.

"Hot Tin Roof - The Cat That Wore A Fedora" - big description on the Kickstarter which I won't paste but you can check yourselves if you like: A link to the already finished Kickstarter

Hot Tin Roof by Glassbottom games

At least one of them should be Sixty Second Shooter Prime, $5.

Super Time force coming "Late May/Early June" according to Capy/Joystiq

I love you...

:). Got a whole bunch of stuff I need to write up for it, they gave me 20 minute access to write impressions, but had to finish my Strike Suit Zero review tonight first.

Sixty Second Shooter Prime most likely, as seen in the below quote, and maybe Nutjitsu, the guys told me about a month for release (both of these games are $5). Then again, Worms is pretty close too, so maybe Worms instead of Nutjitsu.

At least one of them should be Sixty Second Shooter Prime, $5.
Can't wait for this.

Edit: Grave announced for Xbox One, currently has a kickstarter going on

New member to the Xbox Family

Just a couple of questions.

1. The colour saturation is a bit too much in the menus. Anyway to reduce that?
  2. In the settings, whats all this about colour depth - which should I pick?
  3. Can I have some new friends please? Gamertag in profile!

Bsigg12

Go here for gamertags. Just PM whoever you add either on Live or on here so they can add you.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=708129

As for the color stuff, someone else will have to help you there.

Consider doing their HDTV calibration. You'll need a remote to the TV but it's a decent test to gets colors and most other things adjusted properly.

Welcome by the way!
Code:

Add the gamertag XboxGAF, check out their friends and then bulk add everyone on that list :)
Saves having to do it individually.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

•Choose RGB Limited, not Full.
•Doesn't matter really, there's no content currently made available which goes above 24bit for games nor video/bluray. That could change once 4K content is made available, we don't know yet. Either way, you could go with 36bit color depth if your tv supports it, but it won't change a thing.
•I'm EuroGAF/grown-upsGAF, if you want to add me: DashKap. Currently playing Titanfall but I'm a newb with poor aiming skills, if you still care to add me (or anyone else in this thread!) you're welcome to do that!

Dash Kappei

Man, with demos being out of the picture I'm buying 10% of what I used to on XBLA.
I don't feel confident buying games >8€ without having the slightest idea if they could hold my interest beyond the first 20 minutes.

How's Spartan Assault?

theytookourjobz

Man, with demos being out of the picture I'm buying 10% of what I used to on XBLA.
I don't feel confident buying games >8€ without having the slightest idea if they could hold my interest beyond the first 20 minutes.

How's Spartan Assault?

There's a demo for it! It's like a minute long but it's a demo!

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

How's Spartan Assault?

Not good I heard. I watch videos and streams instead now. Pros and Cons to that though.

Bessy67

Just saw Worms Battleground is available to pre-order in UK on GAME web site.
It's priced at £34.99, which would make it possibly a $40-$45 title.
Thought it was a digital only title?

Do we know what kind of game it will be? Maybe they went the PvZ Garden Warfare route and genre-swapped. Otherwise that price seems pretty steep for a Worms game.

Do we know what kind of game it will be? Maybe they went the PvZ Garden Warfare route and genre-swapped. Otherwise that price seems pretty steep for a Worms game.

Recent interview about it.

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/fe...ne-the-biggest-entry-yet.html#~oBsPQwFuNtEqCa

Has a story mode, clan support and level editor. From the looks of footage from EGX it looks like worms.

Could well be that the retail version, due later, has DLC included like Trials Fusion, hence the possible increase of price.

Just saw Worms Battleground is available to pre-order in UK on GAME web site.
It's priced at £34.99, which would make it possibly a $40-$45 title.
Thought it was a digital only title?

Release date May 30th.

Surely has to be a placeholder, right?

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/worms-ba...&searchTerm=Worms battlegrounds&top_category=

Tried to post this on CAG, but to follow up on this retail release post, it looks like Gamestop (US) has a page for it. $10 right now, which is probably a mistake, so it might be worth it to lock in the price:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/worms-battleground/114228

How's Spartan Assault?

It's a twin stick halo game. They did a great job of making it feel like halo. Some of the missions are very short but I think it's worth the entry price. Very nice game (IMO)

Nemesis_

I don't know why but I really can't get into Strike Suit Zero and I've almost finished the main campaign.

:(

Is there anything different in the new campaign or is it just more levels? I don't know why, but I feel like 27AU might have been a bit of a steep asking price for this :(

eastx

Still no date on Peggle 2 DLC?

I asked PopCap about it but no response yet. I think they might just stay silent until they make the official announcement. Hopefully as an actual press release and not just a post on the game's Facebook page.

I don't know why but I really can't get into Strike Suit Zero and I've almost finished the main campaign.

:(

Is there anything different in the new campaign or is it just more levels? I don't know why, but I feel like 27AU might have been a bit of a steep asking price for this :(

They are just more levels. But I personally feel they are better designed than the original campaign.

Nemesis_

Don't know why, but for some reason I'm loving Strike Suit. Maybe I'm just a sucker for space combat. Controls are weird though.

They are just more levels. But I personally feel they are better designed than the original campaign.

I think the game itself is solid. The controls are fine (to me) and the learning curve is pretty well paced. But the game itself is....boring. I don't know why - the missions themselves are super repetitive, especially if you play it in a few huge sittings. The story and the way it folds out is uninteresting.

I absolutely ADORED FreeSpace2 and Tie Fighter. This is just, I don't know, it's hard to put my finger on why I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be. All the "signs" that I would enjoy it are here. But I just can't have fun with it.

Dash Kappei

It's a twin stick halo game. They did a great job of making it feel like halo. Some of the missions are very short but I think it's worth the entry price. Very nice game (IMO)

I love shooters and TS shooters, not sure about mission based tho since besting my score is more my thing for this kind of games.
How's the local co-OP?

Not good I heard. I watch videos and streams instead now. Pros and Cons to that though.

I catch vids on youtube but it's just not the same thing for me

There's a demo for it! It's like a minute long but it's a demo!

Is there?! On Xbox One?! I don't get it, when I go look at the game there's only the option to buy it

eastx

Is there?! On Xbox One?! I don't get it, when I go look at the game there's only the option to buy it

Just use the Xbox One's search feature to search for demo and all seven or so games that have demos will come up.

The multiplayer is online only, stupidly. I do think the game is worth buying, though.

Dash Kappei

According to the listing on the store it's online multiplayer only :/

Stupid :/

Just use the Xbox One's search feature to search for demo and all seven or so games that have demos will come up.

The multiplayer is online only, stupidly. I do think the game is worth buying, though.

No need to use the search feature, there's a separate section on the games store called DEMOS.
It's not there for me, that's why I'm asking.

So I wanted to post a list of the games I tried out at PAX East, and some impressions/comments for you all since I like sharing news about downloadable games.

Roundabout - Crazy revolving limo game from No Goblin (don't really know what game to classify this as lol). Here's some footage from GDC. So, I always thought the game looked fun via videos, but playing it is just so much more amazing. I had this smile on my face the whole time as I was really enjoying myself. The limo is basically always rotating, so you have to time your movements so that you don't hit anything, as 4-5 good hits on obstacles will set you back to a checkpoint. The missions I played were basic fetch missions like crazy taxi, pick someone up and get them somewhere. However, during, before, and after these missions you get awesomely funny videos as you can see in the linked trailer which is pretty cool. All in all, I really enjoyed the game. Price is probably about $15 they said, and the game is set to release on Steam and Xbox One around October.

There Came an Echo - I played this game for maybe 5 minutes or so and the demo took place in an airport at what I assume was the first level of the game as they tought you how to speak all the commands. The game has a controller hooked up, but everything I did in the game was 100% voice commands, which were pretty cool, and might I say accurate. PAX East is very loud and congested as many know, so the dev watching me actually was impressed that the game was picking up my commands with 100% success rate, and commented that the game must like me :p. Very fun though, AMAZING voice acting.

Project Totem - I loved Max from Press Play, so was excited to try out Project Totem, and it didn't disappoint. There is a single player mode and a local co-op mode, each are different in their puzzles. Co-op was really fun, I tried it with some random guy and we had a blast laughing and getting frustrated at times when we didn't quite sync up our movements. Precision is key in co-op so it makes for a fun time when sitting next to your partner. I also tried Sp, which was very fun and you basically control the top totem and bottom totem on the screen with the same movements, and have to switch between totem colors and such to get through the levels. The devs said the game still needs a lot of work, but should be out in October. I have a bunch of screens and footage thta I'll post at another time.

Nutjitsu - I love Ninjabee so went on over to their booth and tried Nutjitsu. I've played the game on windows 8 already but wanted to play it with the X1 controller. If you have win 8 then download the game for free and check it out for what to expect. Out in "about a month" for $5, everything included, no f2p aspects like win8.

Below - Game of the show, hands down for me. It feels like old school Zelda games, mixed with an unforgiving-ness of Dark Souls. Basically if you die you get set back to a campfire that you might have found 5 minutes prior, and lose all your progress. The map will illuminate as you explore it, and you can pick up items to use, and there is also a crafting element to combining items in your inventory, but I didn't really play around with it. The game does an amazing job of making you feel extremely small and gives off the vibe that this world is so much bigger than you. The line was super long all day Friday, but around 5:30 it kind of cleared out so luckily I had 20 minutes with the game.

Super Time Force - The game was a "near final build" and was pretty fun, I sucked at it though, like really sucked at it, to the point where I don't think I'll be getting it. It's cool though because you can like rewind and speed up time. So, basically once you die, you will get to pick another character, and you can choose to spawn them behind your previous character, and can watch that character you died with go ahead and follow your route and do everything you did, while you do something new with the new character. Cool mechanics to help you out, but I wasn't good at it at all.

Aztez - The demo I played was like a 2D sidescroll arena, and everything was black and white. It was pretty cool getting the combos up and just beating down people, and the devs (literally 2 guys) were super passionate about the game and I enjoyed playing it. They said it should be out later this year, maybe early 2015 though since it's only two of them and there's still a lot to do.

Top Bottom