• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Gotta cover that electrical panel and need a new couch. Otherwise it gets the job done

Also since all my games are digital i started making my own cases for them so i can display them. Im also very broke and since ink is expensive so i only print the spines haha.

Nice rug.

If you're that broke, why go to the trouble of buying more expensive (usually) game versions, then spend more money to buy cases and have artwork printed?

kingwingin

Nice rug.

If you're that broke, why go to the trouble of buying more expensive (usually) game versions, then spend more money to buy cases and have artwork printed?

Its cheaper to buy digital since there is no tax. I save over $10 on every new release so the cases paid for themselves

tho the reason im broke is because im back in school full time.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Moved again, Chitta? The last place was pretty rad, I'm sure this will be much the same.

Wow Chitta what a view, looks amazing. :) Can't wait to see more.

Thanks! This is the real deal.

It's going to be a while though, the only things that exist now are a the slabs of concrete that are the floor and ceiling. If luck has it I manage to post in the 2016 thread. In any case, I'll need updated pics done of the current place.

I've always enjoyed looking through these threads over the years, so I thought I'd post a quick picture of my setup for the first time.

29CF6s5.jpg

That's really cool. Love the room separator wall.

I always love the setup threads! So glad I can finally post mine.

My basement is my " man cave". It's a little small but it gets the job done

FCHTjSy.jpg

Other angle. Please excuse the mess on this side!

Bwg5HVi.jpg

Hypron

That is some beautiful cable management. I really need to work on that. I typically just shove everything where you can't see it.

Cheers! Although, the place where the cables come out of the spiral is pretty damn messy but it's behind the PC so you can't really see it haha. I'll try to tidy it up after replacing the pc.

I'm trying to think of a way to do it well... Maybe some sort of wooden box to hide the mess a bit:

Code:
          ------------------
          |                |
power === |      BOX       | ######### spiral
          |                |
          ------------------
           | |          | |
           | |          | |
               PC & co.

All the cables coming in and out could be easily made straight which should be fairly aesthetically pleasing.

Here is my humble set up. Will update with a better picture later on.

SetUp:

65" EF9500 (4K OLED)
RX- A2040 (Atmos)
Panamax M5300-PM
Oppo 103D
Xbox One Elite (SSHD)
PlayStation 4 (2TB)
Wii U

7.2.2 speaker set up

L/R: BP-8060ST w/A60 Atmos module
C: Mythos Eight
SR/L: Mythos Gem XL
SBR/L: Mythos One
Sub: REL T7

Stand: Z Line Merako

dodgeme

Haven't posted since last year quite a while ago, but have completely changed my setup over the past month.

Sorry about the lighting in these pictures. In a basement with minimal windows and the overhead lights don't give off the greatest light.

My Main Setup:

55" Sony XBR 850C (4K)
Harman-Kardon AVR 1710 (7.1 Surround)
Boston Acoustics HD8 and HD7's for the front's and surrounds and the matching center channel. They are old but get the job done very well.
Polk T15's for the Rear's
Random Harman Kardon Subwoofer (Plan to replace in time)
Wii U Basic w/ 500gb external drive
PS4 (500gb)
DirecTV DVR
Sony BDP-S7200

Most of this setup is fairly new, just got the couch, TV and TV stand the last month. The other pieces were pieced together from Best Buy open box in the case of the receiver and Polk speakers and the Boston speakers were thrift store finds, $5 a speaker and a few small repairs on them.

Gaming PC Corner:

Corsair Carbide Air 540 Case
Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper Z97 Motherboard
Intel Core i5 4690k (4.6ghz overclock) w/ Swiftech H240x Cooler
16gb G.Skill Trident X Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (Prolly gonna replace with a 980ti or Fury X soon
128gb SSD for Boot Drive
2TB Seagate and 1TB WD Blue drives
Ducky Mini Year of the Horse Keyboard
Razer Deathaddar Chroma Mouse and Razer Firefly Mousepad
Samsung U28D590D 4k Monitor

Media/Liquor Corner:

Retro Setup:

Olympus OEV 203 Monitor (Sony BVM Clone)
Old Onkyo Receiver
Some Random left over consoles

Honestly, slowly getting out of my retro stuff. But I plan on keeping the monitor due to their general scarcity in being easy to find, and it being a late produced model from 1999 and that it still works great I see no reason to part with it. My plans are to get an emulation pc hooked up that can outpuit in 240p in time.

lt519

Nothing special, same as last year but replaced speaker stands with some simple shelves we are still filling out with travel memorabilia. X51 in the top right, PS4 bottom right, Wii U top left, record player and receiver middle, dumb printer bottom left (one day XBONE, one day). All digital so no big library of games. Very cozy apartment though :)

Wires are a complete shit show but it's a dimly lit room so you can't ever actually see them. The flash just makes them stand out (and the dust!).

XJF

Same setup as last year, I want to upgrade to a full surround sound system this year as opposed to my soundbar.
Your wire management must be pro-status. I'd be interested in a pic of the top of stand to see how you have it set up if you don't mind. Wire management is the bane of my existence.

Sorry for the bad quality, but my dad took my camera on a trip and the place is still a work in progress (waiting on that new years bonus)!
8544294S.jpg

Need to buy shelves for the collection of figurines!

8544295H.jpg

Josh5890

These are some really nice set ups folks. Hopefully I'm getting my own place next year so I will get to start on my man cave.

Pachinko

I'm still rocking the ghetto basement (although it's now only missing a single piece of wall) but I've encountered a problem I'm not sure how I want to solve - I've got over 400 physicals discs now between dvds, anime, blurays and games. I'd like to buy a proper shelf for them and still have some room to add the odd game/ bluray here and there. What do you folks out there recommend as a shelf that can hold 450+ discs in their cases ? does such a thing even exist ?

mrchristianq

Neo Member
Finally finished my basement last year. It's a bit small, but it gets the job done. Built the TV cabinet, media closet, shelves & PC desk myself.

NlRCTIt.jpg

HkWwp1T.jpg

cbluMpK.jpg

ripVAFT.jpg

RExZqHS.jpg

oneils

Gotta cover that electrical panel and need a new couch. Otherwise it gets the job done

Also since all my games are digital i started making my own cases for them so i can display them. Im also very broke and since ink is expensive so i only print the spines haha.

I love this one. Good stuff.

SpecX

Looking for some pointers for adding a projector to our living room setup. I'm looking to go with a 100" to 120" motorized screen to have lower in front of the TV when we decide to go big with a movie or gaming session.

Any recommendations on screen types or brands I should look into? I would likr to have it recessed in the ceiling, but prices sky rocket for those models. I've seen a few on Amazon that look good, but want to seek some advice before I commit.

Robso

Same setup as last year, I want to upgrade to a full surround sound system this year as opposed to my soundbar.

Samsung UE55H6200
Panasonic HTE SC180 soundbar
PS4
PS3
Xbox One
Xbox 360
Sky plus
5 into 1 HDMI switch

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1nif.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1nrc.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1ojb.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1orl.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1o4o.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1oa6.jpg

Can someone tell me what game that is on the TV, please?

bjaelke

Looking for some pointers for adding a projector to our living room setup. I'm looking to go with a 100" to 120" motorized screen to have lower in front of the TV when we decide to go big with a movie or gaming session.

Any recommendations on screen types or brands I should look into? I would likr to have it recessed in the ceiling, but prices sky rocket for those models. I've seen a few on Amazon that look good, but want to seek some advice before I commit.
You could probably get away with a standard Spectrum screen (http://www.elitescreens.com/products/electric) unless you have a high-end projector and/or direct sunlight hitting the screen. It can be mounted on either the wall or the ceiling. It's not the most subtle device so you might want to consider upgrading and getting a white case.

bman94

It's funny how on this forum you have people who can't justify purchases for certain consoles and then you see shit like this. The economic range is huge on this forum. I just hope I could get half way into my life to be able to get anything close to some of these set-ups.

Vex_

Banned
It's funny how on this forum you have people who can't justify purchases for certain consoles and then you see shit like this. The economic range is huge on this forum. I just hope I could get half way into my life to be able to get anything close to some of these set-ups.

Exactly. But you have to realize that it's the people who ARENT posting pictures who are saying that.

I, for one, am kinda shy. So I don't think I will post pics.

....since I'm "shy" and all.

Vex_

Banned
Lol this is more like Cribs: NeoGaf edition

I'd actually watch a YouTube series of dat. No jokes.

Could be really short and sweet. Like a mini MTV cribs where people show off their gaming caves/setups.

Then people guess how much it all costs at the end.

Pjsprojects

Space is at a premium in my house and seeing as my oldest daughter has just gained my nice large office/gaming room as a bedroom I started thinking about converting the loft space.

The loft was a typical 1935 dirty not boarded area that needed plenty of work. Not even stairs lead up to it,just a hatch.

Well one month later I built a staircase,put in some electrics and boarded everything out.Not perfect but I'm out of the way from family life lol.

My only grumble is the gap at the top of the stairs is only around three foot high so it's a case of crawl under a wooden beam to access the room.Worth noting is that by doing all the work myself the conversion cost me £100. I still have cables to sort and clutter to tidy but that will come when time allows.

Room1.jpg

Room2.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'd actually watch a YouTube series of dat. No jokes.

Could be really short and sweet. Like a mini MTV cribs where people show off their gaming caves/setups.

Then people guess how much it all costs at the end.

Such a thing existed, years ago lol.

xabi

Looks awesome. Love the vinyl collection displayed as art. Is that shelving, TV stand custom?

Thanks!

Yes, the shelf/stand is custom. On the other side of the wall you see (behind the TV), there are shelves on the top 2/3 that store books and such. On the side you see, the bottom part is shelves and the top part is solid with a TV mount.

Vex_

Banned
Here is our gaming nook. Moved all systems except the PS4 and WiiU elsewhere. Tried to keep it simple.

That's actually really sick. I like the custom shelving.

Is sitting back that far from the TV comfortable for you though? It looks like things would get pretty eyestraining back there trying to read text heavy games when laying back on the couch with your feet up?

Unless you move everything up when playing that is?

xabi

That's actually really sick. I like the custom shelving.

Is sitting back that far from the TV comfortable for you though? It looks like things would get pretty eyestraining back there trying to read text heavy games when laying back on the couch with your feet up?

Unless you move everything up when playing that is?

Thanks Vex

Never really had an issue in terms of distance/eyestrain. The front of the couch is ~6ft away from the TV, so guessing that when I lay back my face is ~8-8.5 ft away. The screen is 42" I believe...

Top Bottom