• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

ldcommando

Banned
Are there any option files available to download now? (Preferably including the Championship teams.)

All I can find is a post on PESGaming saying their file will be available on the 15th.

Someone posted one in this thread. Haven´t tested yet:

Here´s a OF and a very easy tutorial of how import the kits and emblems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktefr0Si9UM

Will test it once the game is unlocked on PSN later tonight! But it seems very easy! Only the emblems we have to import manually, but the rest is automatic, no need to install one by one.

PaulLFC

I used to be like this during PES 1-6 but no more. Licenses are damn important if the community doesn't do the hard work.
But with PES the community does do the hard work - and Konami have done what they can to make it as easy as possible to put their work into the game. Put file on USB, press "import all", done. It's literally that easy.

Pachimari

But with PES the community does do the hard work - and Konami have done what they can to make it as easy as possible to put their work into the game. Put file on USB, press "import all", done. It's literally that easy.
But that's what I'm saying. I don't think you read the whole conversation.

LAM09

It doesn't worry me because of the OF. But I tell you, if there had been no fix, I would skip PES no doubt if they didn't have the license. Luckily there's a fix.

I think a large number would. That's why they have improved edit mode year on year (for PS4 anyway).

ChanMan

Mind me asking why this view persists? We've done quite a lot to try and turn it round over the past few years, and have been openly very critical of it when it's required...

I honestly don't think it is a fair to point out WENB here. Many fans felt like PES didn't deserve high praise last year myself included but I some people feel like the site can be biased at times. I personally don't have an opinion on it but I do agee like a lot has changed with your team especially the previous years when Asim was still on the team. I just hope you don't take those few opinions to heart as I know the many fans get get down right mean and nasty regarding criticism. You still have many fans of the site that enjoy the content you put out, I personally waiting on more of The Trequartista Show content to start rolling out.

winstano

I honestly don't think it is a fair to point out WENB here. Many fans felt like PES didn't deserve high praise last year myself included but I some people feel like the site can be biased at times. I personally don't have an opinion on it but I do agee like a lot has changed with your team especially the previous years when Asim was still on the team. I just hope you don't take those few opinions to heart as I know the many fans get get down right mean and nasty regarding criticism. You still have many fans of the site that enjoy the content you put out, I personally waiting on more of The Trequartista Show content to start rolling out.

Thanks man. I'm more on the NGB side of the sites, but I work closely with the WENB guys. I'm aware of just how toxic the community can be at times, I try not to get it get to me. We're aware of the previous criticism and have worked really hard to try and turn that around.

Trequartistas will happen soon, it's tricky with timezones etc as 80% of the show is based in the US!

Bumhead

Banned
Was going to wait for the UK release but thought fuck it, caved in and bought US. I'm not here for online anyway.

Game plays great, as expected. Undecided on one or two things though. Does the full game feel harder to anyone else? Could have sworn I played Professional on the demo (one up from default) but that feels crazy difficult to me in the full game. Regular plays more like the demo to me. Be really interested to see if anyone else feels the same way.

Considering turning the commentary off too.

Blablurn

The struggle is real sometimes. The AI is so good. So good that it can get frustrating. But when u manage to break it with a beautiful play... It's the best feeling.

The struggle is real sometimes. The AI is so good. So good that it can get frustrating. But when u manage to break it with a beautiful play... It's the best feeling.

I lost 3-2 in the only games I played so far which was a MyClub game against the COM. While losing was obviously a bit frustrating, all 3 their goals were legit and both of mine were super satisfying to score considering the work I had to put in to set them up.

Yes its called master league and its fantastic

Edit: For a player carreer its Become a Legend mode but havent given it enough time, ML has always been my jam
Neat. I enjoy club stuff a lot, but I usually spend a lot of time mucking about with a custom player too!

cafemomo

heya hummels
CsRs3drVIAAWzsJ.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
whats wrong with the commentary? I know its not exactly John Motson...but can't be that bad?

Do you know what.. it's actually not that bad. Think it's just a preference thing. I think I got used to having none in the demo, actually quite liked it, and now I find it distracting having it on.

If it was John Motson I'd DEFINITELY turn it off.

In PS2 era you just had to put the OF on your memory card and it would load everything automatically.
What? No way. The more advanced patches, the ones which gave you full licensed kits, fans chants, updated database and such required you to rip your disc to pc, apply them using a specific tool, and burn the patched game on a new disc. That AND the downloaded OF, in conjunction, gave you the full patched game. So you also needed a modded console, of course

PaulLFC

Haven't played a PES in years. Is there a mode for a player career?
Yes, there are 3 main single player modes:

Master League - similar to FIFA Career mode, but I've always preferred ML, it's just more addictive.
Become a Legend - control one player throughout their career, aka FIFA's Be a Pro
MyClub - PES' take on Ultimate Team

Then there's the usual play through leagues, cups, Champions League etc.

Definitely no shortage of single player content.

T-Rex.

Banned
Are the online servers up? I'm planning on getting it anyway for the offline experience, but I wanna know if it works well online. It's usually a mess.

madmackem

They've just tweeted they will be brining out a pspro patch soon after launch, well that broke the camels back I'll have to buy it now.

Bumhead

Banned
You'll tend to have a decent option after about a week, though if you wanted it to be really comprehensive you may have to wait a month. PC tends to be faster than PS.

PES Universe have maintained for a while now that they'll have a full patch out tomorrow.

That's the guys who are charging £4.99 for a fully organised patch, but they'll also have all the files available for free as well (just not arranged or organised - I guess it remains to be seen how much of a pain that makes editing).

PES World have also said they'll have "something" ready for lunch. I'd imagine that will mostly be top leagues. Stuff like full Bundesliga and Championship editing might have to wait from them.

They've both been surprisingly quiet today so far though on Twitter, considering the game is out now in America and tomorrow worldwide.

Top Bottom