• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

How does this work for disc based versions? Say I have rb4 disc, and want rivals, what are the options? Digital expansion? Or if I get rivals on disc, what disc is needed in the console to play?

FyreWulff

How does this work for disc based versions? Say I have rb4 disc, and want rivals, what are the options? Digital expansion? Or if I get rivals on disc, what disc is needed in the console to play?

rb4 disc, just by the expansion on the console store

the rivals disc just comes with a code for the expansion

vg260

Is the song filtering functionality part of the free library update functionality, or only the paid expansion?

FyreWulff

Is the song filtering functionality part of the free library update functionality, or only the paid expansion?

free to everyone. any qol updates like that will always be patched to everyone. only new game modes will be locked behind expansion paywall.

MrNelson

Banned

There is no Rivals expansion disc. All the new bundles come with the Rock Band 4 disc and a download code for Rivals. If you own the disc version (like I do), you just need to get the expansion from the Xbox/PSN store.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
In other news, the PS Blog has updated and, no surprise, there's no mention of RB4 DLC, or even that there's a bundle up.
This is just insane. Like, why would they go out of their way to not mention anything Rock Band on their blogposts for what seems like 9 months now. It hurts SCEE, and HMX. I mean, I get it, they ignore it to overplay the fact that they don't give a fuck about our content, but this is just straight up damaging to the brand.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, I was still able to download Gay Bar after stupidly deleting all my DLC! Huzzah!

bearbomb

Neo Member
Read the OT and needed some clarification.

I have my rock band exports purchased on 360 for up to rock band 3, but haven't gotten RB4 or the xpac. I noticed it said that the exports aren't available for purchase anymore for a lot of the previous games but if I already have them on my 360 for RB3 does everything come over?

I have my rock band exports purchased on 360 for up to rock band 3, but haven't gotten RB4 or the xpac. I noticed it said that the exports aren't available for purchase anymore for a lot of the previous games but if I already have them on my 360 for RB3 does everything come over?

You're good to go.

Hutty211

If you already exported on 360, they will be available for use in RB4.

Is there any point in buying this, if I don't have any friend to form a crew with, and don't play regularly enough to take up a spot in someone else's crew?

MrNelson

Banned
Is there any point in buying this, if I don't have any friend to form a crew with, and don't play regularly enough to take up a spot in someone else's crew?

There's Rockudrama. I haven't had a chance to start that yet, but impressions from others have been positive.

Then there is online play coming in about 2 months for owners of Rivals.

Oh shit, I was still able to download Gay Bar after stupidly deleting all my DLC! Huzzah!
Oh, that's alright. I guess seeing how you've already technically repurchased it, it should just be in your download list anyway. That's a good sign.

I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing how many songs I own exactly, even with all the missing DLC and Exports. How's everyone else doing?

Is anybody working on a second ps4 crew? If so, I'd like to join. If not, then consider this crew 2.

1)Spine_Ripper
2)FlashFlooder
3)JSnott
4)darkius006
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Add your name to the list and send a friend request.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, that's alright. I guess seeing how you've already technically repurchased it, it should just be in your download list anyway. That's a good sign.

I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing how many songs I own exactly, even with all the missing DLC and Exports. How's everyone else doing?
Right, but I thought Gay Bar was one of the songs that are just completley gone from PSN. Guess not, I got everything back I had before deleting :)

I actually own fewer songs than I thought. I just re-downloaded 505 items, there's 10 missing because they are delisted or just not available to download on PS4, and I'm also missing the Rock Band 2 export, which should be 70 songs. Together with the 65 from Rock Band 4 and the 10 rivals bonus tracks, thats 660, 580 I can actually play right now. Dunno if I missed some.

Edit: yeah, forgot about 2112. Make that 580/663.

Rock Band is serious business
img_20161018_175317n1sw9.jpg

Any crew spots open on XB1? XBL username is "pete clarf" (no underscore). I am slightly above average at bass, average at guitar, and well above average at vocals (I was #1 on a few DLC songs back in the day!).

MrNelson

Banned
Is anybody working on a second ps4 crew? If so, I'd like to join. If not, then consider this crew 2.

1)Spine_Ripper
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Add your name to the list and send a friend request.

Just added this to the OP. I'll try to keep it updated as people join.

consider this PS4 crew 2.

1)Spine_Ripper
2)FlashFlooder
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

My amazon bundle just got delayed so it might be a few days til I can properly join. Hope that's ok.

I play expert on everything, I guess pro drums are my specialty.

Bladelaw

I don't know that I'd be much use in a crew since my playtime isn't what it used to be but I picked up the expansion mostly to support HMX. If I'm not mistaken the "Rivals" function revolves around crews and challenging other crews for...high score? Is it just a score challenge thing?

Either way I'm excited to try the Rockudrama mode and more customizability is never a bad thing.

If there's a lazy Xbox One crew that needs a decent guitarist and a passable drummer let me know.

BrokenBox

Amazon is now showing out of stock on the PS4 guitar bundle and the ship date on my preorder has been pushed back from today to 10/28.

Nice of them to let me know in advance.

My Xbone one was delayed to 10/25. Guess it worked out mostly well since I get back home on Saturday.

Just got back from morning classes, booted the game up, and had two achievements with a 0% unlock rarity pop before the loading screen.
Can't complain about that efficiency.

Jsnott

Neo Member
consider this PS4 crew 2.

1)Spine_Ripper
2)FlashFlooder
3)JSnott
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

My amazon bundle just got delayed so it might be a few days til I can properly join. Hope that's ok.

I play expert on everything, I guess pro drums are my specialty.

I don't post on GAF alot, but I play Rock Band all the time (Expert Guitar). No one I know plays anymore so I'd love to join.

I don't post on GAF alot, but I play Rock Band all the time (Expert Guitar). No one I know plays anymore so I'd love to join.
Put you on the list and accepted your friend request. FlashFlooder, I sent you one as well.

Picked a name - NeoGAF: Greatest Hits II

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do a hard reset.
That might have done it. It looks like even though I downloaded a couple hundred songs from the download all thing, it doesn't actually "install" any of them. I'm seeing a "X song is ready to play" message pop up every few seconds, so I'll just wait for that to finish up.

Very interested to get some impressions about the new instruments before I jump in. I was an RB fanatic on the 360 and should have 500 or so songs waiting for me, but I was turned off by the bare bones of the original RB4 and the drum issues. If these instruments are solid, I'm there.

fwpx

I havent played since RB3 on 360. I've owned all of the games up until then. Skipped 4 entirely. How much of my library is going to be missing?

Hey is anyone else having problems with redeeming their preorder code from Amazon? Everytime I try to redeem it on the PSN store it gives me an error saying that the code is invalid or has already been redeemed.

I havent played since RB3 on 360. I've owned all of the games up until then. Skipped 4 entirely. How much of my library is going to be missing?
Did you export the songs? Are you using the same account that had your DLC and info?

WoolyNinja

Very interested to get some impressions about the new instruments before I jump in. I was an RB fanatic on the 360 and should have 500 or so songs waiting for me, but I was turned off by the bare bones of the original RB4 and the drum issues. If these instruments are solid, I'm there.

Same here - I want to upgrade my old RB2 instruments but not sure about the new ones yet. Anyone tried them yet?

Ugh, looks like u have to delete RB4 in order to redownload it. Which therefore means every bit of DLC. That can wait until the weekend.

1430 songs so far though. Holy shit.

Strangely, the Queen/Bon Jovi tracks are classed as DLC, but stuff from the pre-order 30 pack are from the respective game.

I started a third crew for XBox One if anyone wants to join! I didn't see that one officially got created so, if it did, let me know and I can join!

Milk Breath
1) pete_clarf (pete clarf)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

jond76

Banned
I started a third crew for XBox One if anyone wants to join! I didn't see that one officially got created so, if it did, let me know and I can join!

Milk Breath
1) pete_clarf (pete clarf)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Put me down: ZombieJonDixon
I can do most every instrument hard. Strongest on Vox.

Tapejara

Hey is anyone else having problems with redeeming their preorder code from Amazon? Everytime I try to redeem it on the PSN store it gives me an error saying that the code is invalid or has already been redeemed.

Did you export the songs? Are you using the same account that had your DLC and info?

Sometimes codes won't work on PSN until the Store has been updated. If you're in NA it will update tonight, Europe updates tomorrow IIRC.

Top Bottom