• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

liquidtmd

Banned
This show should just say fuck it to reality, Kiefer breaks at the start of the next episode and begins calling himself Jack Bauer and shooting up the place

Jarmel

Banned
can't figure out where i've seen the actress that played the republican designated survivor
what's the reason kiefer became the president instead of her anyway? other than for plot reasons
wtzgU.gif

She's the designated survivor for Congress. She's not in the line of succession.

Chumpion

What a sophomore slump. The pilot was trashy but fun. Last night's episode was boring, generic, stupid crap. Very stupid. I can't smoke enough weed to make the stupid go away.

Maddocks

When is Kiefer going to really take control of the room. Two times now he had a chance to just Yell out,"HEY FUCKERS IM PRESI-DENT!" and one time someone else said,"He president, so listen to him" and the other time he just walked out.

He needs to take control at least once, but man it needs to come soon. He didn't even sit in the President chair...come on Boss, this is not like you.

Joni

Remains a nice show but very little to discuss at the moment. The new guy will probably be higher ranked but he will die soon after.

Tapejara

so who do you think the survivor is? the cutoff didnt show.

I'm really hoping it's not the President or a member of Congress that would have outranked Kiefer. Having a power struggle this early doesn't sound interesting, and I'd rather they focus on Kiefer trying to deal with the country's issues while still acclimating to the job. Personally, my bet is on another FBI agent or Hannah's boyfriend.

Or...what if Designated Survivor has two meanings...and the person they found in the rubble is in on the whole thing?

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think it particularly matters whether the guy is higher ranked or not. Unless he's the President, he was assumed dead and someone else took his spot. We already know what the guy looks like and he doesn't look like the President.

He could be the VP though but again I don't think it particularly matters.

Line_HTX

Designated Survivor ‏@ABCDesignated 2m2 minutes ago

Congrats on a full season pickup! That’s 22 episodes of #DesignatedSurvivor to look forward to!

HOLY SHIT, Shit, shit...

EDIT: WTF, it got deleted!

mcfrank

Designated Survivor ‏@ABCDesignated 2m2 minutes ago

Congrats on a full season pickup! That’s 22 episodes of #DesignatedSurvivor to look forward to!

HOLY SHIT, Shit, shit...

EDIT: WTF, it got deleted!

Ugh, 24 episode seasons are the worst. That means we will absolutely get a ton of annoying kid, and side character sub plots. That is the worst news. Just make a tight 10 - 13 episodes season with no filler, please.

Line_HTX

The tweet is back up.

My guess is they'll eventually have the focus be a primary mixture of President Kirkman and Agent Wells, since so far they seem to focus on her a lot but not doing much with her.

GeeTeeCee

The sound of Keifer Sutherland at the start if the episode announcing "previously on Designated Survivor" gave me a mighty dose of 24 nostalgia.

Tapejara

On one hand I'm glad the show is doing well enough to get a full season order, on the other hand I was hoping for leaner seasons.

Awesome that they picked it up for a full season. Perhaps it'd have been better as a 10-13 episode season, but this could well mean more action and more getting attached to the characters. We'll see how it goes - the show is really good so far.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm hopeful that they get done with the Leo thing sometime within 1 episode in the original episode runs. Like Jack fucks up a decision and when Leo is off drug dealing he gets kidnapped by pissed people affected by Jack's decision or something obvious like that.

BBboy20

What do you mean?

And yeah, that season... God, fuck Day 6 to hell. Everything about it was beyond stupid.
The closest thing to getting Jack Bauer and Nikita together, Kal Penn both a versatile actor and having actual experience in the White House. I wonder what other actors that have been become synopsis for something they'll bring.

Geist-

I enjoyed the first two episodes, but I really don't think it's 24-episode material. Would have been way better to keep it tight like 13 episodes.

Good episode, but 22 episodes is stretching the concept just don't do it

I enjoyed the first two episodes, but I really don't think it's 24-episode material. Would have been way better to keep it tight like 13 episodes.

Unless it turns into some Red Dawn type of situation. Jack gets evac'd to Cheyenne Mountain and leads a ragtag band of FBI, military, and Secret Service agents against a Russian decapitation attempt.

Joni

Did they change the 2 kids actors between the pilot and the second episode?

No, but there is often some small time between filming the pilot and starting the rest of the show. So they are 2-3 months older. It will matter less for the son (but even then, just look at his Girl Meets World appearances), but the daughter is still very young, so that will be noticeable.

I like what I have watched so far, but man, I am having a hard time seeing this season keep my attention for 22 episodes. Either they start going full 24 with conspiracies and moles everywhere, or they cut down the number of episodes. But something needs to happen.

ryseing

I'm hopeful that they get done with the Leo thing sometime within 1 episode in the original episode runs. Like Jack fucks up a decision and when Leo is off drug dealing he gets kidnapped by pissed people affected by Jack's decision or something obvious like that.

I hope Leo gets mauled by a cougar of either variety.

Man, this show is so fucking corny, badly acted, and horribly directed. I can't wait to watch more.

What's wrong with Kiefer Sutherland's nose? Alcohol?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This episode felt... Strange. I don't think I liked it that much as the previous one. Except Kal, he was pretty awesome.

Man, this show is so fucking corny, badly acted, and horribly directed. I can't wait to watch more.

I see people posting this, and I'm not sure I'm watching the same show. It's relatively corny, yes, but it's not that bad -just not very subtle, but the acting makes up for some of it- and has not much trouble keeping my attention. Complaining that it's no West Wing is misplaced when it's also not broadcast on HBO.

I really don't want to see quickly written 22 episodes though. I think we're past the point in television were any lead writer can exert enough control on a writer's room that you get 22 relatively good episodes out of it. The West Wing was different in scope and available resources. They had access, and those people wanted the show to succeed. 24-2 here probably doesn't have those resources. Though I think they're filming on the sets made for The West Wing.
Maybe one season spread over two years? For now I'm actually cool with this, because it's not like I'm watching something waaay smarter than this on tv right now.

I see people posting this, and I'm not sure I'm watching the same show. It's relatively corny, yes, but it's not that bad -just not very subtle, but the acting makes up for some of it- and has not much trouble keeping my attention. Complaining that it's no West Wing is misplaced when it's also not broadcast on HBO.

I really don't want to see quickly written 22 episodes though. I think we're past the point in television were any lead writer can exert enough control on a writer's room that you get 22 relatively good episodes out of it. The West Wing was different in scope and available resources. They had access, and those people wanted the show to succeed. 24-2 here probably doesn't have those resources. Though I think they're filming on the sets made for The West Wing.
Maybe one season spread over two years? For now I'm actually cool with this, because it's not like I'm watching something waaay smarter than this on tv right now.

How is it not corny or badly acted? The montage/music scene in E02.. and the writing/directing makes it feel like I'm watching some sort of made-for-school educational movie. It's really distracting to me. Oh and Kal Penn is awful.

How would those sets still exist? That show ended a decade ago.

I recall reading they were kept intact, considering how often 'a oval office' is required and the set were really large and expensive. May have been the imdb trivia page though, with its lack of time stamps.. so yeah, let's assume they're gone.

In the first episode, wouldnt Jack and his wife hear the explosion and feel the shockwave? The explosion looked pretty large.

Also, why weren't they rushed to an undisclosed location? They literally took them from a top secret hiding spot to the most obvious second target. Hell, jack and his wife were even out walking on the porch the same night the shit went down.

No, but there is often some small time between filming the pilot and starting the rest of the show. So they are 2-3 months older. It will matter less for the son (but even then, just look at his Girl Meets World appearances), but the daughter is still very young, so that will be noticeable.
Shit, my friend and I really thought that they were changed.

Top Bottom