• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC Canada to release the Big Boss, their take on the Big Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protag

Banned
b15.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!!!

poodpick

Had it for dinner tonight at the kfc select on Yonge. Burger was nothing special, but that cream ball and the cheesecake they have is pretty delicious

Tizoc

Big Boss used to be the name of a Hardee's sandwich over here. Had my favourite sauce in a sandwich+dat tomato and lettuce~

vivftp

I just bit into my Big Boss sandwich today when I realized I should probably take a picture or something. I was too lazy to search for my RX100 camera, so enjoy this picture taken from my Xperia Z Ultras relatively crappy camera :)

DSC_0055.jpg

I just bit into my Big Boss sandwich today when I realized I should probably take a picture or something. I was too lazy to search for my RX100 camera, so enjoy this picture taken from my Xperia Z Ultras relatively crappy camera :)

DSC_0055.jpg

"Mmm...It's rotten!!"
It looks pretty good actually

That looks like mayo instead of "special sauce" And damn that's a huge pickle slice.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

DSC_0055.jpg

Unless you're Carney-folk, that sandwich actually looks massive.

Which I am pro.

DSC_0055.jpg
everything is bright

EGM92

the last time I was at a KFC was when the double down was released in Canada and that nearly killed me. I'm going to attempt to go there again for this, It looks good.

Rhaxas

I honestly would not recommend this sandwich. It has the taste of a big mac, minus the meat aspect of it.

The chicken is very plain and does not have the texture of a Big Crunch, it is more along the lines of a grilled chicken with breadcrumbs on it.

Overall I would rate it 4/10. Definitely not worth the cost.

I honestly would not recommend this sandwich. It has the taste of a big mac, minus the meat aspect of it.

The chicken is very plain and does not have the texture of a Big Crunch, it is more along the lines of a grilled chicken with breadcrumbs on it.

Overall I would rate it 4/10. Definitely not worth the cost.

I just tried it on Sunday and I agree 100%.

The chicken "fillets" were very small, I was expecting a little more meat to them. Maybe the triple would be okay but I don't think it works. The Spicy Big Crunch is a much better sandwhich.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A review!

5.5/10 apparently.

http://www.grubgrade.com/reviews/review-the-big-boss-from-kfc-canada/

The Big BOSS is no Double Down nor does it do much of anything new other than maybe rile up a few McDonald’s lawyers. Heck BK’s Big King took a shot at McDonald’s iron horse years ago. As it stands, KFC’s Big BOSS is basically two McChicken‘s subletting Big Mac’s split level. Nothing about this sandwich really merits a revisit, unless you were to ask them to substitute the special sauce with Zinger sauce.

Pros: Pickles really do work in a chicken sandwich, but most southern BBQ fans already know this.

Cons: Messy like a Mac. Small chicken fillets. Not enough crunch or eleven herbs and spices present. No real curve ball on the special sauce.

Taste: 5.0/10
Value: 6.0/10
Grubbing on-the-go: 5.0/10
Price: $8.99 Big Box Combo

Overall GrubGrade: 5.5/10

E6J6Du0.jpg

ba15yZS.jpg

vivftp

Oh GAF, the things I do for you :)

I figured there's only one true way to see if the Big Boss stands up to the Big Mac. Plus I finally got off my arse and found my proper camera :)

The Contenders!

Side By Side comparison

A more direct head-on view from the side

Big Mac is looking a little weak under the hood!

Watching them side by side, I wondered how I could make them more awsome. Then inspiration struck!

Squished down, it fit pretty nicely in the hand

It was too large to eat without unhinging my jaw, but I wanted to try them mixed together. Inspiration struck again!

I tried it like this and frankly they tasted like ass. I then put them back in their original configuration and the Big Boss kicked the living crap out of the Big Mac.

Incidently, this trip also allowed me to try out the McDonalds sweet potato fries! They got a little soggy on the trip home, but were still decent.

vivftp

Big Boss and Sweet Potato Fries? Damn you Canada!!!

I was close to pulling the trigger on the triple decker sandwich from KFC, but I figured I'd get the Big Boss to do this comparison.

Also, was sad that the Shamrock Shake is gone :( At least I got to have it yesterday.

vivftp

Just for the record, I am 100% confident if McDonalds did a Big Mac version of the McChicken, it would crush the Big Boss.

I'm sure many have done it themselves, but I'm usually too lazy. Maybe I'll try it later this week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom