• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - new incredible screens [Update: Added A Lot More In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoukka said:
Instead of whining, PC master race should start buying games.

I never understood this argument - X360 is pirated to hell and back. Who cares about XBL multiplayer when you need to buy the game, which is why you pirate in the first place?

Alex

DA:O had moments on PC where it was quite lovely, although the art direction was never anything grand.

DA2 looks... worse though, like all around just flat out worse. At first I figured it was just yknow bad media, bad screens, it happens, but the more I see if it, the more uninspired and ugly it looks, especially compared to everything around it.

Instead of whining, PC master race should start buying games.

Yeah, clearly it's consoles that are spurring the healthy development scene, you are ri--- Oh wait, i think another seventeen of your developers just closed shop.

thefil

Looks fantastic. I wish I could afford it. And if I'm being totally honest with myself, I didn't like the Witcher enough to warrant a day-one purchase for the sequel (please don't kill me).

None of this changes the fact that it looks glorious.

StuBurns

Banned
Mr_Brit said:
Wait, what?

You came into a W2 screenshots thread to blanket all PC gamers as pirates?
I read it as buy greater amounts in general as appose to suggesting people are stealing them.

Hixx

Mr_Brit said:
Wait, what?

Not every dig at PC sales is a suggestion of piracy, man.

I came into a W2 screenshot thread expecting W2 pics & discussion, not loads of whinging gits complaining about DA2s graphics, though.

LCfiner

screenshots are amazing. Might have to get a dedicated gaming PC for this and that "other" open world RPG coming in November.

StuBurns said:
I read it as buy greater amounts in general as appose to suggesting people are stealing them.

We don't need to buy insane amount of games - DD and no console-tax means PC games are profitable at way smaller numbers. EA, Activision, etc. want the most amount of money possible, but that's not true for a lot of developers. And given how console studios are folding left and right, I would say going PC will probably get you better future than going PS3/X360.

Minsc said:
If you want something slightly more concrete, there's this video from december (linked to 4:20 where they detail the minimum specs), which can be found here (#7), which are said to be:

Subject to change of course.

Nice, I'm well above that. I'm sure it'll be much more optimized than the original. Thanks for the info.

Ponti

Until DA2 comes out it's going to be hard to get some actual discussion on Witcher 2 :(

Hell it might never be possible.

zoukka

Mr_Brit said:
Wait, what?

lol look at what troll I was replying to.

I've read it from papers, I've heard it from the devs themselves... PC gamers don't buy enough of their products, so they need to focus more on consoles, where the big money's at.

The Max Payne series was made for PC's. The ports to consoles were pretty horrendous YET they sold just as well or better on them. Remedy could already see the transition back then and even though Microsoft dearly paid them to make Alan Wake xbox exclusive, it would've been developed to fit consoles in any possible case in the end.

The absence of high end stuff for PC's is just the legacy of PC Master Race. Complaining about consoles looks funny and sad.

Tacitus_

Vasilisk said:
Awesome screenshots, I can't wait to May. Seeing the screenshot with Foltest, I remember (first game spoilers)
when at the end of the game Foltest is with the other king, and he asks Geralt to kill the Order Great Master:
Foltest: "Could you kill him.."
Geralt: "I'm not an hitman blablabla.."
Foltest:..
Geralt:..How much?
Foltest: Ten thousand orens
Geralt: Consider it done
LOL

It didn't go exactly go like that.

Geralt: I'm not a hitma.... ok, I'll do it for ten thousand orens.
Foltest:Ten thousand? Isn't that a bit much?
Geralt:A small price for a country.
Foltest: *sigh* Very well, you're right.

You could practically hear the gears turning in Geralds head when he realized Foltest was going to pay him for what he was going to do for personal reasons anyway

But anyway, what's Foltest up to now?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zoukka said:
lol look at what troll I was replying to.

I've read it from papers, I've heard it from the devs themselves... PC gamers don't buy enough of their products, so they need to focus more on consoles, where the big money's at.

The Max Payne series was made for PC's. The ports to consoles were pretty horrendous YET they sold just as well or better on them. Remedy could already see the transition back then and even though Microsoft dearly paid them to make Alan Wake xbox exclusive, it would've been developed to fit consoles in any possible case in the end.

The absence of high end stuff for PC's is just the legacy of PC Master Race. Complaining about consoles looks funny and sad.
Yeah, Alan Wake being a console exclusive worked out really well for them. Look at all those sales.

And I doubt Max Payne on consoles matched the PC sales.

kitzkozan

HixxSAFC said:
Not every dig at PC sales is a suggestion of piracy, man.

I came into a W2 screenshot thread expecting W2 pics & discussion, not loads of whinging gits complaining about DA2s graphics, though.

Agreed,I still fail to see the point of coming into a Witcher 2 thread and seeing people mostly talk about Dragon age 2/Bioware...

Vasili2K38

Tacitus_ said:
It didn't go exactly go like that.

Geralt: I'm not a hitma.... ok, I'll do it for ten thousand orens.
Foltest:Ten thousand? Isn't that a bit much?
Geralt:A small price for a country.
Foltest: *sigh* Very well, you're right.

You could practically hear the gears turning in Geralds head when he realized Foltest was going to pay him for what he was going to do for personal reasons anyway

But anyway, what's Foltest up to now?

So true, the time has passed and I didn't remember it very well, but anyway one of the several memorable lines of The Witcher. Geralt FTW!

careful

Hot damn...
What are these guys' budget compared to other big AAA studios? Why does this game look better than what most AAA studio can output? I always assumed CDProject was a relatively small eastern European team working with smaller budget.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You know, both the 360 and PS3 are capable of games that look far better than DA2, even multiplatform games. Maybe Bioware is just fucking lazy, incompetent or both.

So incredible.

I need to get around to finishing the first one one of these days. I got an hour or two into it back in May, but had to set it aside for various reasons. I may just start over so I can relearn the combat system, etc.

Or keep the graphics nice while not to taxing on the pentium 3 MMO crowd they hope to grab.

Witcher 2 looks great, although im still not sold on the game (the only video i saw was them playing it on a 360 pad, pressing A to attack some plants vein, looked.... simple. Guess i should look more into it ?).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
careful said:
Hot damn...
What are these guys' budget compared to other big AAA studios? Why does this game look better than what most AAA studio can output? I always assumed CDProject was a relatively small eastern European team working with smaller budget.
When you focus on a platform that scales up to insanely powerful hardware, your games tend to look quite good.

Donos

hmm time to finish up stuff in Vizima and move on. the time after my 80 page finals paper i have to write will be a gaming backlog marathon.

careful said:
Hot damn...
I believe Metro 2033 is also from such s studio. It is impressive what those Easterns can do. But I think it is more cost efficient to develop there.

Dennis

Banned
truly101 said:
You know, both the 360 and PS3 are capable of games that look far better than DA2, even multiplatform games. Maybe Bioware is just fucking lazy, incompetent or both.
No one in their right mind would suggest that DA2 s indicative of the consoles capabilities.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Prophet Steve said:
I believe Metro 2033 is also from such s studio. It is impressive what those Easterns can do. But I think it is more cost efficient to develop there.
Metro 2033 had millions of dollars from nvidia backing it, it's not a good example of efficient Eastern European game development.

Stallion Free said:
When you focus on a platform that scales up to insanely powerful hardware, your games tend to look quite good.
I'll wait for the final game to see whether the whole game looks this good or whether it's more inconsistent like I'm expecting it to be.

chris-013

ME0001367810_2.jpg

ME0001367807_2.jpg

ME0001367801_2.jpg

ME0001367797_2.jpg

More here : http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/image-...gs-SU00007114-ME0001367797i.html?pf=pc-160001

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Fuck. I was hoping to hold out on buying until after my semester was over, but that Triss shot...

Damnit, she's amazing.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Comes fully equipped with monster slaying silver sword and hair.

Zzoram

The Witcher 2 looking better than Dragon Age is probably in part due to being PC exclusive. Being able to assume 512MB VRAM dedicated to the GPU is probably great for textures.

Yoshiya

Hooooooly shit. I had some issues with the first one and never finished, and my PC certainly isn't up to scratch this time around, but these screens are so nice. Fucking incredible, the most beautiful fantasy game I have yet seen by far. Kind of makes the visual turd that is Dragon Age 2 seem even more of a slap in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom