• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You can only get one piece of loot per floor per week

worse - you can only ROLL once per week on loot in savage. That includes "pass". AKA only the first clear you'll have a chance to get anything, if you don't get anything try again next week.

edit: just noticed he was talking about normal. Yeah for normal you can only GET it once per week but try endless times.

Astral

You can only get one piece of loot per floor per week

worse - you can only ROLL once per week on loot in savage. That includes "pass". AKA only the first clear you'll have a chance to get anything, if you don't get anything try again next week.

edit: just noticed he was talking about normal. Yeah for normal you can only GET it once per week but try endless times.

Aw man. And Savage you can only roll once? Shiiiit. I'm gonna be ilevel 310 on average for a while then.

How long does it take to unlock all the Moonfire Faire stuff? I have limited time to play, so I'm trying to figure out if its even worth it for me to do this stuff before the event is over

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How long does it take to unlock all the Moonfire Faire stuff? I have limited time to play, so I'm trying to figure out if its even worth it for me to do this stuff before the event is over

Not much time at all. The fates are quick, and get you 2 tickets per fate. The outfit is 7 tickets I think.

If you buy the battered fish or craft it, it takes like 10mins total, like 5 if you skip the cutscenes. Just need 20 or something for the painting, the shisui swimsuit and the orchestrion, a few more for the shaved ice but I didn't care for that one.

Qvoth

Aw man. And Savage you can only roll once? Shiiiit. I'm gonna be ilevel 310 on average for a while then.

you should cap your weekly tomestones limit and buy those gear, especially verity which is 330 before upgrade (upgrade item drops from savage omega floors 2 and 3)

Astral

you should cap your weekly tomestones limit and buy those gear, especially verity which is 330 before upgrade (upgrade item drops from savage omega floors 2 and 3)

You mean Creation. Yeah I have 700 so far so I'm close to getting one of the expensive pieces of gear. As a healer I wanna get the armor first right?

Also just completed my first Savage content. It was pretty hard finding a group to clear O1S with. I failed a few times with a few parties. Holy shit do people get toxic. I keep getting blamed for shit whenever I give any sort of critique or suggestion. I'm need to learn how to heal apparently. Not gonna lie, I'm starting to take it to heart. Finished it on the first try with this last group at least. Now I gotta study O2S mechanics like I'm preparing for an exam so hopefully I won't get yelled at.

MogCakes

Yojimbo in Kugane Castle is such a terrible fight. Who thought it was a good idea to jarringly halt the fight with pickup nonsense? And it lasts so long, all cooldowns get screwed for things like dragon eyes and GL stacks. I hate that fight.

Redx508

New glamour time. You'll never see it coming.

CXzSsXp.jpg

looking good!

Yojimbo in Kugane Castle is such a terrible fight. Who thought it was a good idea to jarringly halt the fight with pickup nonsense? And it lasts so long, all cooldowns get screwed for things like dragon eyes and GL stacks. I hate that fight.

I thought it was a fun idea the first time I did the fight but it keeps getting more tedious the more I run that dungeon, it doesn't help that the fight would still be really boring even if that mechanic wasn't there.

Valonquar

I thought it was a fun idea the first time I did the fight but it keeps getting more tedious the more I run that dungeon, it doesn't help that the fight would still be really boring even if that mechanic wasn't there.

I mostly just get annoyed when I get anything other than Ala Mihgo in roulette since I still need the mount drop there, but can't be bothered to spam it.

Hey all, just got to lvl 55 with paladin and am liking tanking more than dps. Still new to it but had a question. Is it worth getting into older content raids now that stormblood is out? I know the gear wont match to what is available from lvl60 to lvl70, but is it worth it just to get a feel for raids? Never have done raids in any mmo.

Hey all, just got to lvl 55 with paladin and am liking tanking more than dps. Still new to it but had a question. Is it worth getting into older content raids now that stormblood is out? I know the gear wont match to what is available from lvl60 to lvl70, but is it worth it just to get a feel for raids? Never have done raids in any mmo.
Older raids are only really worth for glamour purposes now. I'm not sure they'd be a good experience as far as raiding goes either due to the battle system changes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It makes more sense to dump your cooldowns in the big trash fight before that boss. Just about everything is back after the first pickup bit is over.

GL stack loss sucks though. Unfortunately it happens a lot by design.

It's not that hard anymore because of overleveling and system changes, but it still helps you learn a lot of mechanical "tropes" that complicated boss fights make you do, such as divebombs, stack mechanics, spread mechanics, tethers, look away, and so on. All current raid fights still have mechanics that make you do some combination of those things. The game is pretty good with telegraphing what you need to do, and almost always uses the same markers for the same mechanics, regardless of the fight.

Binding Coil of Bahamut is super overleveled content now, but story-wise it's still an excellent questline that's well worth visiting.

CLBridges

Leveled Monk to 70, now to lookup a good opener and try to git gud with another dps beside Bard. Question though, does Riddle of Earth not refresh greased lightning timer immediately upon activation? Trying to understand the usefulness of this skill.

Leveled Monk to 70, now to lookup a good opener and try to git gud with another dps beside Bard. Question though, does Riddle of Earth not refresh greased lightning timer immediately upon activation? Trying to understand the usefulness of this skill.
Riddle of Earth only refreshes GL if you take damage during it

Basically you wanna use it before unavoidable damage while you're in a position where you can't hit the boss
O2S looks complicated.
It might look intimidating but its a really simple fight

MogCakes

Tried to buy fantasia aaaand.....payment page gave me an error with the card I always use. Tried again....i2501. God dammit. Support basically threw their hands up in the air going 'lol I dunno what's causing it, we'll call you back in 24 hours to see if it fixed itself'.

God. Dammit.

How do y'all level DPS classes? I'm nearly at 70 with my White Mage, and am looking towards leveling my Red Mage next. However, with WHM, insta-roulettes made leveling nice and breezy, whereas my RDM waits 30 minutes to get into a single dungeon

Astral

How do y'all level DPS classes? I'm nearly at 70 with my White Mage, and am looking towards leveling my Red Mage next. However, with WHM, insta-roulettes made leveling nice and breezy, whereas my RDM waits 30 minutes to get into a single dungeon

I've been leveling Bard in the PotD. It's really boring but that seems to be the best way.

B.K.

Tried to buy fantasia aaaand.....payment page gave me an error with the card I always use. Tried again....i2501. God dammit. Support basically threw their hands up in the air going 'lol I dunno what's causing it, we'll call you back in 24 hours to see if it fixed itself'.

God. Dammit.

Always use Crysta. Then you won't have to deal with Square Enix's awful checkout system.

God. Dammit.
Did you have a VPN up or something?

Opener on MNK is pretty easy especially if you can double weave. Need to ready all your stuff prefight(5chakra+last stance), open with demolish, Perfect Balance, Snap x2 for 3GL, Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, pop Riddle of Fire+Internal, one more GCD in PB(True Strike is the highest potency, but I often forget to move and Snap Punch again, 10potency lost), Forbidden Chakra+Brotherhood, then start your normal rotation at bootshine>truestrike>demolish and dump all your dmg oGCDs. This guide shows the opener with no doubleweaving and some other stuff.

Opener on MNK is pretty easy especially if you can double weave. Need to ready all your stuff prefight(5chakra+last stance), open with demolish, Perfect Balance, Snap x2 for 3GL, Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, pop Riddle of Fire+Internal, one more GCD in PB(True Strike is the highest potency, but I often forget to move and Snap Punch again, 10potency lost), Forbidden Chakra+Brotherhood, then start your normal rotation at bootshine>truestrike>demolish and dump all your dmg oGCDs. This guide shows the opener with no doubleweaving and some other stuff.

Is there one of those for Bard? Came back as a level 50 and trying to figure out the best rotation now.

Is there one of those for Bard? Came back as a level 50 and trying to figure out the best rotation now.

Bard never had a rotation, it's just priority. Unless you meant opener. Anyway there's https://docs.google.com/document/d/...RIfVvWJOGRkOqjCNw/edit#heading=h.dkiby2n4lw7o which has both MCH and BRD stuff. No visual guide like the MNK/SAM/DRG/some other stuff one though, just this text, but it's good enough. Mostly you need to learn the opener, after that it's just maintaining stuff just before it drops off.

I'm leveling Machinist and... I like it

The rotation at 70 can get a bit tricky and I'd say it is one of the harder classes to play well at 70 but I really like playing it. I just wish they did a bit more damage and had more utility. There is almost no reason to take a Machinist over Bard in raid.

Top Bottom