• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Koozek

Mobius Final Fantasy is out now on Android and iOS.

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/mobius-final-fantasy/id1091974564
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.mobiusff_ne

EDIT:
Wait, so it's not playable yet? Opens up later today (8AM PT), it seems. Only download is open already.

Lol, wouldn't even have known about this if @Nova_Crystallis didn't tweet about it.
------

Info:
Jf3blSA.png

Mobius Final Fantasy is a role-playing game designed for mobile phones. The player controls the game's protagonist Wol while navigating Paramitia. Players can customize settings, graphical quality, and adjust controls for their dominant hand. During local navigation on the field map, the player taps a location on a map and the character travels to that location. In some self-contained areas, the player can directly control the character. Along with standard navigation, the player can navigate the game world using a fast-travel system, progressively unlocked as the player progresses through the story. Many of the features in the game, such as the leveling system and exploration, are similar to those from previous home console Final Fantasy games.

Mobius features a tactics-focused, turn-based battle system, with players able to activate attacks by tapping enemies on screen. Players can use standard melee attacks with close-range weapons such as swords, and magical attacks. During combat the player accumulates Elements, which are necessary to activate Abilities, the game's form of summoned monsters. When ready for activation, a tile appears on-screen that the player touches to activate the Ability. Abilities have different attributes: the Shiva Ability unleashes an ice attack, while the Fat Chocobo Ability raises defense for eight turns while automatically healing the player. Elements can also be used by the player to strengthen their resistance to elemental attacks. If an enemy's weakness is struck enough times, their "break gauge" meter will be drained and they will be left weakened, allowing the player to attack freely. A job system and character abilities related to them form a key part of the system.​

Screens:
NiDQi5I5TK-P7wGFziZSmbGkbDybz0DeYSnaUV8VmQTNmI2OzC_Ox-HHJCEGrWoboIg=h900
OBeKl6Sm6wFQhYetGhJqhdWhaHgYr5vV99YfG26CZ2HT8Pw9mdiJKKLvGTY1mFHibu8=h900
6pW99hrUw6p_fmFmQcDXcUl8KlGkY0aJ6ZNgGSZVqZl4HB93GUUr5RWjvYzfCJBntU2v=h900

Soundtrack (fantastic work by Mitsuto Suzuki again):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9Ei9SpP98

Koozek

Seems like it's only downloadable but not yet playable. It says "Release: 8:00 AM, August 3rd" on my title screen. So in roughly 2.5 hours.

Robin64

Wish mobile games would start using local time. The title screen just says 8am, which was over 5 hours ago. Surely not a hard fix.

Can anybody report in on what the app size is after it downloads everything? My iPad is nearly full and I'm not quite ready to delete Kingdom Hearts yet.

Robin64

Can anybody report in on what the app size is after it downloads everything? My iPad is nearly full and I'm not quite ready to delete Kingdom Hearts yet.

Sitting at 502mb after the initial update. Dunno if there's more but it's ready to launch when the servers go up.

Drackhorn

No idea what I'm supposed to do with this game but the art looks great so put it on my Google Play wishlist. Will download tomorrow when I have wifi.

Vidal

Installed, downloaded and now it says 'Release August 3rd,8M'

Well, it is 3rd, almost 9PM in Western Australia... :/

Cornbread78

Downloading, even though I probably won't play it much, if at all because it's mobile and not my Vita, lol. If I have time to play on my phone, I could be watching anime or playing my vita, that is all

error_code: 12?

must be too early as was mentioned.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Brave Exvius doesn't deserve this kind of talk, so I can only assume you didn't play it and are shit posting.

GG.

played BE for about a week

great sprites, shit game

i guess this confirms more gatcha garbage "GG" 😂😂😂

Grieves

I'll download it but probably won't get around to playing it.

I had to stop playing Record Keeper to play Kingdom Hearts. I've downloaded Brave Exvius but not given it a try yet. There are just too many gatcha games for me to cope with.

is it the new Waid series? that should never leave your device
No, I have those in paper form
(but honestly, it's the weakest of the reboots, in my opinion)

I'm ultra-hyper-super-psyched for issue #13 tho!!

The stuff on my iPad is mostly stuff from sales and bundles and the great silver age collections from their Pep Digital line (personal favorites: the pre-Pussycats Josie stuff and Harry Lucey's Ginger series).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'll download it but probably won't get around to playing it.

I had to stop playing Record Keeper to play Kingdom Hearts. I've downloaded Brave Exvius but not given it a try yet. There are just too many gatcha games for me to cope with.
Imagine what the Japanese feel like.

Kouriozan

Yeah, it should have been more specific, it's a global version (so at least EU + NA), then they say 8 AM unknow timezone, but it's already 5PM here?!

Top Bottom