• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

yes...I didn't lose progress on a map I have been working on. I now can at least finish it and see if anyone gives a damn to play it.

BTW, I figured out how to stop the stuttering you might encounter on the PC version. If you alt+tab out of the game and return to it, it will be very stuttery. Prest alt+enter and then alt+enter again and it should be fine.

BradC00

I haven't tried the PC version yet, watched a YouTube vid which goes over the settings and the dude said enabling vsync will introduce a lot of input lag... Could that be it?

im sure it adds some input lag, but i've had it off and its still there. in fact all my settings are at the lowest they can be.

What wizardry do I have to pull off to play Mercy in MM?

I wish there was a DLC temp playlist with Mercy and a few of the other newest maps, and maybe some Forge creations (that showcase newer features)

wwm0nkey

To those in my Discord, who wants to become an admin? the Discord is going to be on ArsTechnica so I will probably need some help lol

Mistel

Banned
Is the save stance and rotation option new? Never noticed before.
It is never been there before its is new as of this update.

I wish there was a DLC temp playlist with Mercy and a few of the other newest maps, and maybe some Forge creations (that showcase newer features)
There really needs to be at least an increase in the maps weighting in matchmaking but a playlist with it and new forge maps would increase the appeal and the chance of playing it.

If only there were some way for people to choose what map they want in a democratic fashion.

So, the Tac and GF magnums. They're loadout weapons, correct? What are the gimmicks that separate them from the normal magnums? The Tac has a suppressor and 2x zoom, I saw, and the GF has a faster fire rate and reload time. Is there reduced damage for either of them, or something?

RoKKeR

Man, the File Browser is really nicely done. So easy, fast, and efficient. Seriously well done 343... can't wait for the Games Browser up next!

I just read this comment, looked at my screen and saw myself loading into Mercy. Maybe this post is magic?

So, the Tac and GF magnums. They're loadout weapons, correct? What are the gimmicks that separate them from the normal magnums? The Tac has a suppressor and 2x zoom, I saw, and the GF has a faster fire rate and reload time. Is there reduced damage for either of them, or something?

Don't believe so. I think the higher Req level is how they are balanced.

Tac Mag is a level 4 REQ with a 2x zoom, 5sk. The GF Mag shoots faster than the standard Mag, only has iron sights, and is a 6sk as a level 3 REQ.

Both are dope. I'm glad we got some Magnum variants.

Yay got some kills towards the company. Some last shots, grenade kills, assignations, vehicle kills, and splatters.

Though can't help but feel like I'm having a bad day of halo. Doing decent but feel out of it and my accuracy seems like shit. Also randoms always mindless.

Still good amount of slayer matches and no white cell or mercy. 343 hates me. Would want a voting system but always hated voting for maps anyway most of the time cause it's the same map over and over again.

Sanjuro

xypbYqQ.gif

My first matchmaking game post update was Mercy.

Madness

The way this game is now, if this was the gamd we got at launch it would have been crazy. Keep what we have now as the base experience for Halo 6. Campaign scoring, some form of PvE non-player firefight/spartan ops, classic and new game types ready day one, ranked and unranked playlists, and file broswer/custom games browser.

-Ryn

Banned
No I mean you can save the rotation of your stance so the camera angel is different when someone looks at it.
Well that's pretty neat. Will have to keep that in mind.

If only there were some way for people to choose what map they want in a democratic fashion.
That sounds stupid. You're stupid.

I actually preferred the veto system that Halo 3 had going but using the voting system again wouldn't be a bad choice either

I'm finally back after working abroad effectively since the beginning of May, some quick thoughts on the changes:

1. Firefight is awesome and whoever came came up with the idea of making it actually challenging and adding proper rewards for beating the later rounds should get a raise. It's nice to see the engine's ability to handle massive numbers of enemies being put to good use.

2. The new REQs are cool! The racing 'hogs are my favourite, and the variety in the available weapon skins is actually decent now.

3. New warzone maps are nice and add much needed variety.

However,

4. I've had some connection issues for the first time since launch which makes me not want to play Arena for fear of disconnecting and ruining someone else's game. It's got better over the last couple of days so hopefully it's temporary. This has stopped me from sampling the new Arena maps properly (but at least they look cool).

5. Action Sack is exactly what this game needed (+ content browser which I've not had time to play around with yet).

Edit: WAIT THERE ARE MAGNUM VARIANTS?!? BETTER OPEN THOSE SIX GOLDS I GOT PLAYING FIREFIGHT

Edit 2: So much crap. :(

Tac Mag is a level 4 REQ with a 2x zoom, 5sk. The GF Mag shoots faster than the standard Mag, only has iron sights, and is a 6sk as a level 3 REQ.

Both are dope. I'm glad we got some Magnum variants.

Awesome, I just pulled the Tactical in my first Gold pack of the update. Can't wait to use it. I only have 30-40 something Gold packs left to open, so I'm going to be getting the H2 BR soon.

Soon.

It's gonna be in the last one.

-Ryn

Banned
THOSE WAIT THERE ARE MAGNUM VARIANTS?!? BETTER OPEN THOSE SIX GOLDS I GOT PLAYING FIREFIGHT

Edit 2: So much crap. :(
Needlers for days dude

I didn't know a lot of maps had been added. Guess I have to check out Warzone. Completely forgot WZFF was a thing so that'll be fun.

Cranster

Banned
Seriously Frankie, smack whomever forget to disable JIP in Actionsack. I am sick of getting struck on a losing team on Tankworld and I can't even sapwn as the game is already on the final round.

Mistel

Banned
Needlers for days dude

I didn't know a lot of maps had been added. Guess I have to check out Warzone. Completely forgot WZFF was a thing so that'll be fun.
It is alright not as good as ODST firefight with some balance issues e.g. with the grunt mech or warden eternal but with the right group it can be pretty fun be prepared to backpack a group though.

Had a change to play some of the new update.

Temple is cool, but the really right corridors/hallways while attempting to capture temple are easy chock hold points for the defending team.
Only one game, so i still need to get used to any other routes or entrances. So far i seen two below and 2 from the sides.

Mercy is really nice. Grab the saw and give the other team justice.

I also noticed a lot of the weapon placements have moved or changed on Regret/Rig. I didnt notice any change for Stasis or Truth. unfortunately i only got to play these maps over and over... so i didn't see the rest and if anything else changed.
No i didnt read the patch notes if they said they moved weapons and etc.

-Ryn

Banned
It is alright not as good as ODST firefight with some balance issues e.g. with the grunt mech or warden eternal but with the right group it can be pretty fun be prepared to backpack a group though.
Ah I gotcha. Thanks for the heads up Storm.

I really hope we can get a Firefight that feels as good as ODST eventually. I go back occasionally to refresh my memory and it is still every bit as fun as I remember. They nailed just about everything; from the atmosphere, to the feeling of surviving by the skin of your teeth, and the flow of the game.

The only things I think it was missing were some neat bits of presentation. Maybe something ala Titanfall where you get dropped off into the battlefield/picked up in the end or have the scenery around you change as the fight goes on. There could also be a last stand mode, which would essentially be unlimited rounds with some excuse plot thrown in for immersion.

There's a lot more you could do with it for some new modes (I'd love to see destructible structures and base construction thrown in but that's pretty out there) but ultimately I would be happy with a copy/paste of ODST.

Top Bottom