• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

ffdgh

ok gonna do chapter 9 on 9.0 after I beat chapter 8.

Should I use the 3ST or just tough out the absurd amount of ornes?

I think the general consensus for that level is to not use the 3ST.

Yeah, the Orne-killing ability isn't worth their low power.

If you're skilled enough to attempt Chapter 9 on 9.0, then your dodging ability and survivalist skills should be far past the point where Ornes pose any significant threat.

Word to the wise: Pack an Effect Recovery. The level is so long that one poisoning or burn could mean the end. Plus, if you get hit by a Tempura Wizard, you stand absolutely 0 chance. That little bugger runs faster than a flock of Japanese schoolgirls after Rowan Atkinson on 9.0...

ffdgh

...they're THAT bad? sheese that's all I ever hear lol.

eh guess I'll practice the flying section on 0.0 a few times.

p.s. Pisces heal works on ornes :p

Tyeforce

If only getting hearts were that simple.

Hey Tyeforce, did you ever get a reply back regarding having the AR cards shipped to you? I know I sent the email about having them shipped to my house, but haven't gotten a reply yet
That's odd, I got a reply almost instantly. You might want to send another email.

ffdgh

yup and they really helped to dodge those clubberskulls.
I actualy died 3 time....in the flight section with the 3ST >_>

Big stack of cards (including dupes).....not bad

14 different cards, 10 of each

I'll have plenty of extras

Here are the cards I got:

Poseidon Cannon
Hewdraw Reborn
Specknose
Ganewmede
Jetstream Orbitars
Atlas Club
Three Sacred Treasures Case
Divine Bow
Centurion
Flintlock Staff
Midnight Palm
Electroshock Arm
Halo Club
Crusader Blade

Tyeforce

Big stack of cards (including dupes).....not bad

14 different cards, 10 of each

I'll have plenty of extras

Here are the cards I got:

Poseidon Cannon
Hewdraw Reborn
Specknose
Ganewmede
Jetstream Orbitars
Atlas Club
Three Sacred Treasures Case
Divine Bow
Centurion
Flintlock Staff
Midnight Palm
Electroshock Arm
Halo Club
Crusader Blade
Are those the cards that Nintendo sent you for the event?

vanty

What does the evasion stat do? I've got a few weapons with +1 evasion, and I think maybe it makes them evade automatically during a run at times, but that's just a guess.

PKrockin

What does the evasion stat do? I've got a few weapons with +1 evasion, and I think maybe it makes them evade automatically during a run at times, but that's just a guess.
I've heard that it widens the timing window for performing dodges, but others say that it increases the duration of your invincibility when dodging.

Tyeforce

yep.

did you get the same set?
Mine haven't arrived yet. They're sending me 140 AR Cards and 20 T-shirts.

What are your AR Cards like? I assume they're packs of AR Cards, but how many cards come in a pack? I'm trying to figure out how many prizes I'll have to give out.

EDIT: I misread your other post. So you only got 14 unique AR Cards? I'm guessing that's 10 different packs of 14?

Mine haven't arrived yet. They're sending me 140 AR Cards and 20 T-shirts.

What are your AR Cards like? I assume they're packs of AR Cards, but how many cards come in a pack? I'm trying to figure out how many prizes I'll have to give out.

EDIT: I misread your other post. So you only got 14 unique AR Cards? I'm guessing that's 10 different packs of 14?

They actually didn't in packs lol. Just one big stack of cards (held together by a rubber band). And yes, 14 unique cards, 10 of each unique card

Yours haven't arrived yet? That's strange (when I got my email reply, the dude was nice enough to tell me the tracking number of my package). You should gotten the items earlier today. When you get the T-Shirts, take a pic of one so I'll know what they looked like

Tyeforce

They actually didn't in packs lol. Just one big stack of cards (held together by a rubber band). And yes, 14 unique cards, 10 of each unique card

Yours haven't arrived yet? That's strange (when I got my email reply, the dude was nice enough to tell me the tracking number of my package). When you get the T-Shirts, take a pic of one so I'll know what they looked like
Huh, that's odd. Well at least I should have enough cards for everyone.

And nope, they're still in transit. They should arrive by noon tomorrow, two hours before my event.

I actually emailed him earlier today and asked if it would be possible to get a tracking number, and he quickly replied back with one along with the information about the AR Cards and T-shirts.

But yeah, I'll take a picture! So I'm guessing that only the top few events are getting T-shirts? How many RSVPs did you get for your event?

Huh, that's odd. Well at least I should have enough cards for everyone.

And nope, they're still in transit. They should arrive by noon tomorrow, two hours before my event.

I actually emailed him earlier today and asked if it would be possible to get a tracking number, and he quickly replied back with one along with the information about the AR Cards and T-shirts.

But yeah, I'll take a picture! So I'm guessing that only the top few events are getting T-shirts? How many RSVPs did you get for your event?

Myself and two other people lol

EDIT: Someone at another meetup posted a video of the cards that were delivered to him. He go the same set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X7Vnl2aAxss

So it looks everyone will be getting the same set of cards and same amount as well

Tyeforce

Myself and two other people lol

EDIT: Someone at another meetup posted a video of the cards that were delivered to him. He go the same set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X7Vnl2aAxss

So it looks everyone will be getting the same set of cards and same amount as well
That's awesome that you managed to get into the top 20 with only three people, lol. More AR Cards for you, I guess! XD I have to figure out how to split mine evenly between 43 people, lol.

I'm surprised that there weren't more RSVPs from the bigger cities. I was sure that New York or Los Angeles or someplace big like that would have gotten the most RSVPs, but no. StreetPass Arizona is far from the biggest StreetPass group out there, so I don't know how we managed to have the biggest Kid Icarus event. It's kinda sad that there weren't that many events with more than 1 or 2 RSVPs. I mean, really, look at this: http://www.meetup.com/Nintendo3DS/details/700242/

I really hope Nintendo isn't using this as a test to gauge interest in Kid Icarus: Uprising cards, because the lackluster turnout could result in Nintendo deciding not to sell the cards at retail if they were even considering it. =/

That's awesome that you managed to get into the top 20 with only three people, lol. More AR Cards for you, I guess! XD I have to figure out how to split mine evenly between 43 people, lol.

I'm surprised that there weren't more RSVPs from the bigger cities. I was sure that New York or Los Angeles or someplace big like that would have gotten the most RSVPs, but no. StreetPass Arizona is far from the biggest StreetPass group out there, so I don't know how we managed to have the biggest Kid Icarus event. It's kinda sad that there weren't that many events with more than 1 or 2 RSVPs. I mean, really, look at this: http://www.meetup.com/Nintendo3DS/details/700242/

I really hope Nintendo isn't using this as a test to gauge interest in Kid Icarus: Uprising cards, because the lackluster turnout could result in Nintendo deciding not to sell the cards at retail if they were even considering it. =/

You'd be surprised how difficult it was to get people to respond to the meetups site for New York. At least two of my friends said "yeah, I'll show up" but didn't bother RSVPing.

Distro them tournament style, with everyone going FFA I guess.

Korosenai

Distro them tournament style, with everyone going FFA I guess.

That would probably be the best way to do it. It would be alot of fun for the people there as well. If you did something like that with a lot of competition and excitement, theyd be more likely to come back and bring more people with them next time.

Doorman

Yeah I know I'm super-late to the party on this, but a host of other stuff (namely Xenoblade) got in the way and poor Pit didn't get much attention from me for a while. I picked this back up a few days ago and continue working my way through the campaign. Finally got up through chapter 20 and I feel like I can finally say it...

THIS GAME.

All the staff, from Sakurai down to the Treehouse localization, did a fantastic job with the characters in this, it gives me a lot of hope for Nintendo bringing voice acting into other games in the future, which I thought might never be done all that well. I was a little bit slow to warm up to it but I'm feeling more and more like this game is hitting a lot of the "holes" that I've felt Nintendo was missing from the rest of their big franchise games, in gameplay, presentation, story tone, characterization...I'm really excited to keep with it now.

If only I didn't suck so much at it. :\

Korosenai

Glad youre enjoying the game!

Play some ffa's with us gaffers sometime. It is a lot of fun and youll enjoy this game even more.

Also, my prizes just came in the mail... Too bad im out of town :(

Doorman

Glad youre enjoying the game!

Play some ffa's with us gaffers sometime. It is a lot of fun and youll enjoy this game even more.

Oh I've intended to ever since I got the game, just...never got around to it. I still feel like I don't have the gear nor the powers to really compete with anybody still around here. I still wish they'd toned down stuff like invisible shots or playing dead for the multiplayer, but...I guess if people are going to be using it then I have to learn how to deal with it and use it too.

How was everyone's Multiplayer Battle Day?!

I didn't do any battling at all lol. But I did manage to give some people I know a set or two of the cards

Anteo

Yeah I know I'm super-late to the party on this, but a host of other stuff (namely Xenoblade) got in the way and poor Pit didn't get much attention from me for a while. I picked this back up a few days ago and continue working my way through the campaign. Finally got up through chapter 20 and I feel like I can finally say it...

THIS GAME.

All the staff, from Sakurai down to the Treehouse localization, did a fantastic job with the characters in this, it gives me a lot of hope for Nintendo bringing voice acting into other games in the future, which I thought might never be done all that well. I was a little bit slow to warm up to it but I'm feeling more and more like this game is hitting a lot of the "holes" that I've felt Nintendo was missing from the rest of their big franchise games, in gameplay, presentation, story tone, characterization...I'm really excited to keep with it now.

If only I didn't suck so much at it. :\

I like how this game is highly replayable, not only because of the stages, but because the game is so enjoyable that I want to play it again to listen to the characters and enjoy the amazing graphics

Tyeforce

I didn't do any battling at all lol. But I did manage to give some people I know a set or two of the cards
Ours was great! Lots of people showed up, and we managed to have a little tournament. We ended up just dividing up the AR Cards evenly and giving everyone who RSVP'd 3 cards each. Then we raffled away the 20 T-shirts. Our local Nintendo rep even showed up and demoed Mario Tennis Open. I hope Nintendo does something like this again, but next time they should give us more than 3 days to plan.

Ours was great! Lots of people showed up, and we managed to have a little tournament. We ended up just dividing up the AR Cards evenly and giving everyone who RSVP'd 3 cards each. Then we raffled away the 20 T-shirts. Our local Nintendo rep even showed up and demoed Mario Tennis Open. I hope Nintendo does something like this again, but next time they should give us more than 3 days to plan.

51 attendees....I'm so jelly

T-shirt pics NAO!

Tyeforce

51 attendees....I'm so jelly

T-shirt pics NAO!
Here's a picture from my event of some of our T-shirt winners:
536580_353076261426453_761919788_n.jpg

I actually don't have any pictures with a back view of the shirt at the moment, but here's someone else's picture of the front and back of the shirts they received for their event (they're exactly the same as mine):

We ran a 6 team LvD, gave out 7 cards to each player. Then did some FFA with the remaining cards. So we managed to get several matches done. (Unfortunately, we started 2 and a half hours late, and lost some people)

I think Shellshock929 will post some pictures of us on twitter, but I don't think they're up yet. I hope everyone had fun, as running the tournament was fun, if not a little tiring.

They had those shirts at PAX East and the Gamestop Nationals Tournament. I think I may have a spare somewhere. (We also only had 6 to hand out...oh well.)

Has anyone gotten to play in the multiplayer stage that appears in this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H33cdA9UZAM#t=06m12s

I was watching that video again and noticed that I haven't seen that one. It's just a big flat surface?

That is either Large Arena or Small Arena. Gotta unlock them in the Treasure Hunts, but they're nice because they're about as Final Destination as you can get.

And I HAVE gotten it randomly in play, but it doesn't show up too often. I figure this is probably linked to the host not necessarily having unlocked it.

Korosenai

Ive played so many games, not sure exactly ill check later, but i have yet to get that map. I really want to play it against some real competition.

I tried to get people to play that stage when I hosted battles. Till I got the infamous

What? FD type stages?! Sniped from a mile a away with no chance of escape!? Screw that! *leaves*

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Just received my prizes from the tournament. Great way to wake up on a lazy sunday.

The pack of 10 AR Cards are awesome! About to scan them all and gets mah hearts on.
And hey, the T-shirt actually fits! Like, it's pretty snug too. Loving the lanyard. I'm definitely going to keep it on my computer desk as a reminder of my battles.

Thanks Neal and everyone at NWR, it's been a great experience. And with that, i have retired

Top Bottom