• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

rYoJAwV.gif

Given how much of a big deal they're making about Crash coming to Sony, I'm gonna call it: Naughty Dog is absolutely developing Crash 4.
considering they [presumably] went through the trouble of adding a level from the original, I think it's pretty likely

OR ITS A HUGE RUSE

Carl

For reference, here is the Naughty Dog artbook's copyright information:

Nowhere to be seen in the game.

But they do credit all of the Uncharted IPs as belonging to Sony.... so why don't the credits say "Crash Bandicoot is a registered trademark of SIAA" or whatever?

Raist

Banned
Im trying to remember here what are all the signs that point to a Crash Bandicoot revival?

First was this
whatsthat7wd6g.jpg

then the ones I remember are Shawn Layden shirt, the Robomodo thing, NECA Toys dude and now this. What are the other ones? (apart from the insider info we have)

Multiple twitter shenanigans.

The 20th anniversary cake:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tation-launched-in-europe-20-years-ago-today/

Shortly after the PS4 launch, Cerny mentioning that he was going to "go back to my gaming roots" (can't remember which website was interviewing him - was a video) and although it might be a stretch, it he was thinking of a game in particular I doubt it'd be Marble Madness.

During the PS4 reveal Cerny walked on stage to the music of Crash.

And probably a few other ones I forgot.

But they do credit all of the Uncharted IPs as belonging to Sony.... so why don't the credits say "Crash Bandicoot is a registered trademark of SIAA" or whatever?

Fair point. I think if Sony actually owns the property then they don't necessarily need to include that information, FWIW, but I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on that. Other people's stuff needs to be marked, of course.

This thread has 141 000 views so far. People are behaving.

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

Good point
I don't think ND would accidentally steal from another company and forget about it
Oh wait
Yeah, but to go through all that effort with recreating the game only to forget credits? Nah, that is near unfathomable. This has to be Sony having worked something out with them.

I would personally like to keep browsing GAF today
lol

FelipeMGM

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tation-launched-in-europe-20-years-ago-today/

Shortly after the PS4 launch, Cerny mentioning that he was going to "go back to my gaming roots" (can't remember which website was interviewing him - was a video) and although it might be a stretch, it he was thinking of a game in particular I doubt it'd be Marble Madness.

I dont think Cerny said he was going back to his roots, just that his next project would be smaller in scope and budget, something more like an indie game, not beeing indie of couse bc it would be funded and published by Sony

Scotia

Banned
I can see the E3 reveal being the scene from U4 where Nate plays Crash 1. He suddenly stops playing, saying this old game is terrible/outdated and pulls out a PS4 copy of the new Crash game. He puts in and we see a gameplay trailer for the game.

I can see the E3 reveal being the scene from U4 where Nate plays Crash 1. He suddenly stops playing, saying this old game is terrible/outdated and pulls out a PS4 copy of the new Crash game. He puts in and we see a gameplay trailer for the game.
Yes, please.

Scotia

Banned
I'm also looking forward to seeing all the typical posts on here saying "You're getting over-hyped." "Crash isn't coming back." "Who cares about Crash anyway?" ect. ect.

That would be the perfect way to reveal it.

This would be too perfect so it's not happening lol. I am trying to contain my hype levels lol.

I'm also looking forward to seeing all the typical posts on here saying "You're getting over-hyped." "Crash isn't coming back." "Who cares about Crash anyway?" ect. ect.
Of course. It comes with the program. It was done with the trifecta from last E3. It will happen to Crash too.

"Why are you so excited for something I do not care about?!?!"

pixelation

Must... not... get... HYPED!!!

Also... that is one creepy ass looking Crash on that cake, looks more like a werewolf... O_O

It's funny how potentially huge this is, AND THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS ON THE FRONT PAGE, but it hasn't leaked, referring to the Crash shit.
No-one spilled the beans of this thread.

oh man just think about all the possibilities Sony would have with the Crash IP

Crash Kart Racing
Cameo on Games like All Stars
finally the big mascot back - while i love games like Ratchet & Sly Cooper, they never had or have the charisma/popularity/sucess of Crash.

And seeing those Ratchet and Clank sales - there is no doubt that a good CB Game could reach even higher numbers

Scotia

Banned
Of course. It comes with the program. It was done with the trifecta from last E3. It will happen to Crash too.

"Why are you so excited for something I do not care about?!?!"

Even the retrospective thread had it. I tires me how vindictive people are towards this game. It baffles me.

Liamc723

It's funny how potentially huge this is, AND THIS IS ALMOST ALWAYS ON THE FRONT PAGE, but it hasn't leaked, referring to the Crash shit.
No-one spilled the beans of this thread.

I mean, this thread is a leak that spilled the beans. It's just that nobody has posted about it outside of this thread.

RK128

Even the retrospective thread had it. I tires me how vindictive people are towards this game. It baffles me.

Even the Sonic Retrospective threads didn't have 'Sonic should die' until at least the 20th post or something........

I guess people hate the popular thing?

I mean, this thread is a leak that spilled the beans. It's just that nobody has posted about it outside of this thread.
Leaks into NeoGAF happen almost daily
What's interesting is that no-one has spoiled this thread
Even the Sonic Retrospective threads didn't have 'Sonic should die' until at least the 20th post or something........

I guess people hate the popular thing?

100 to 1 the Activision Crash games put a bad taste in mouths

Top Bottom