• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Stay off Youtube everyone!

Seriously. The home page recommended and recently uploaded are just full of episode 6 scenes. Luckily I only saw one and it wasn't too bad of a spoiler.

If you absolutely have to visit it, don't even glance toward the thumbnails or recommended videos. Just focus right on the search bar.

Since youtube is one of the most heavily trafficked websites in the world, I was thinking maybe a mod or the OP could edit the thread title to warn people not to go on youtube so they aren't accidentally spoiled. By this time tomorrow, unsuspecting people who post here could have the entire episode potentially ruined with one glance of a "recommended" video.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
For those that don't want to play with Youtube's bullshit algorithm BS:
uZAW1Qr.png

I'm not getting spoiled damn it. :|

Rhoc

Man I hate this now everything I do online I have to be careful. Nothing is safe. Good luck fellow upstanding citizens just 4 more days.

Atomic Odin

Moving on, it was kinda interesting how Jaime reinforced Robert's feelings about the Dothraki army from season 1. After the "we can hold them off" to go completely the opposite way to a feeling of disbelief at their strengths. Sure the dragon helped but it was nice that their force on the battlefield was acknowledged by someone like Jaime. Like how he shakes his head when Cersei mentions the essos mercenaries.

No wonder they are more receptive to an armistice now.

Mithrarin

Neo Member
Youtube seems like the most unsafe place at the moment. All for getting those views and making money off of it. Is HBO not allowed to block these videos because they fucked up themselves? I guess so. . .

Okay, I am going to explain this a last time, maybe somebody will listen.

You go to Youtube, DELETE SEARCH and WATCH history, then you put mark the option to NEVER save these again.

I don't see Game of Thrones anywhere and I am watching GoT videos on Youtube. Also, turn off comments with an addon.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
If theres a new GoT show after this, i would like if it was less political intrigue.

To each his own I guess. I liked this show more when it was more political intrigue and less fantasy elements

Still my favorite show tho of course

Need more dragons and fucking, maybe dragons fucking, each other or something/someone else I'm not picky.

What - is this true? Damn, I was looking at muting some words on Twitter, but I thought it's only until Monday so wouldn't really matter. I'm going to go ahead and do it now.

Six has but I haven't seen anything about episode seven.

JDB

Banned
To each his own I guess. I liked this show more when it was more political intrigue and less fantasy elements

Still my favorite show tho of course
Yeah, the relatively grounded feeling of most of the earlier season is definitely something I miss these days. Not just the lack of fantasy, even the scenes without any fantasy elements feel a bit more... dramatized in the later seasons.

Yeah, the relatively grounded feeling of most of the earlier season is definitely something I miss these days. Not just the lack of fantasy, even the scenes without any fantasy elements feel a bit more... dramatized in the later seasons.

I think a big part of it is that they don't have the books as reference anymore.

Aside from Jaime vs Olenna, there hasn't been a single instance of great conversation this season at all.

Tyrion went from being my fav character to a useless, jibberish spouting moron.

Addi

I wonder what's going to happen with Euron. How will he deal with the armistice? Either he is happy having Yara for now or he might do something stupid.

DeviantBoi

Okay, I am going to explain this a last time, maybe somebody will listen.

You go to Youtube, DELETE SEARCH and WATCH history, then you put mark the option to NEVER save these again.

I don't see Game of Thrones anywhere and I am watching GoT videos on Youtube. Also, turn off comments with an addon.

Can you link the addon to turn off comments?

I think that's just a good practice, in general.

Timbuktu

I wonder what's going to happen with Euron. How will he deal with the armistice? Either he is happy having Yara for now or he might do something stupid.

We know that Cersei is not really going for an armistice, but will try to bring over the Golden Company, so I doubt it'll change that much for Euron. I wonder if he will be in shown the wight when they bring one to KL though, or would the Greyjoys be conveniently forgotten like Dorne until the plot requires.

I wonder what's going to happen with Euron. How will he deal with the armistice? Either he is happy having Yara for now I or he might do something stupid.

The baby is going to be the biggest problem for Euron. No way he'll want to raise Jaime's kid as rightful heir.

Addi

We know that Cersei is not really going for an armistice, but will try to bring over the Golden Company, so I doubt it'll change that much for Euron. I wonder if he will be in shown the wight when they bring one to KL though, or would the Greyjoys be conveniently forgotten like Dorne until the plot requires.

Jaime told Cercei there was no point getting sellswords, they'd lose against the dragons no matter how many men they got and the scorpion didn't do shit. She is probably not going for big battles anymore and somehow try to beat Dany in another way. Do it like Tywin would have done it. Tywin did end the war with the red wedding.

The baby is going to be the biggest problem for Euron. No way he'll want to raise Jaime's kid as rightful heir.

Ah yeah, that's true. I immediately thought of the baby as a lie from Cersei to keep Jaime in check, but it might not be.

I think a big part of it is that they don't have the books as reference anymore.

Aside from Jaime vs Olenna, there hasn't been a single instance of great conversation this season at all.

Yeah, Tyrion looking like a dumbass this entire season is disappointing. While I'm not one of the people that thinks writing is some B tier writing now, the main smart characters are looking far dumber than they used to.

Vyer

1. Some of the greatest character moments in this show have never appeared anywhere else.

2. You are in the wrong thread.

Nah all has. I got spoiled on it all. ( not going to discuss the leaks in here)

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Will avoid Youtube and 90% of the Internet until I find the time to watch the finale. Damn, wanted to watch it together with friends next Sunday.

Addi

Yeah, Tyrion looking like a dumbass this entire season is disappointing. While I'm not one of the people that thinks writing is some B tier writing now, the main smart characters are looking far dumber than they used to.

Well, I don't necessarily think Tyrion has been too much of a dumbass, he simply hasn't had much to work with. He basically tells Dany what he thinks she should do, then she decides to follow that advice or not. Nobody's going for his position as the hand, there's no threat to him. Maybe there should have more conflicts and political games between Dany's followers.

Rootbeer

Banned
Please HBO... release both E06 and E07 this weekend.

It's not going to kill them to do this. Especially when Netflix drops entire seasons in one go.

Get a jump on the leakers/pirates.

sam12

How does Jon Snow get away with making stupid mistakes over and over again. Yeah let's all go beyond the wall to catch one and bring it back, what could go wrong.

How does Jon Snow get away with making stupid mistakes over and over again. Yeah let's all go beyond the wall to catch one and bring it back, what could go wrong.

Seems pretty damn risky, he basically got to where he is by taking necessary risks. He's all-in at this point. But even aside from that, is there a quicker way to convince Cersei? (not that I think Cersei can be convinced at all, but they still have to try)

Rootbeer

Banned
Lmao, you're silly if you think this is even remotely possible.
Well, they have done things like release an episode and then release the episode directly preceding it on HBO Go right at the same moment, effectively releasing two episodes.

Just saying there are alternatives than just letting your finale details leak by illegal means and not doing anything to protect your paying customers.

Because if trends continue Ep 7 will leak next week just like Ep 5 and 6 leaked

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well, they have done things like release an episode and then release the episode directly preceding it on HBO Go right at the same moment, effectively releasing two episodes.

Just saying there are alternatives than just letting your finale details leak by illegal means and not doing anything to protect your paying customers.

They're not going to release the the second to last and the finale episode together

Im willing to bet that the date the show airs on various channels and the contracts involved would prevent HBO deciding to leak it early.

Any channel that paid for airing rights would be rightfully pissed.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems pretty damn risky, he basically got to where he is by taking necessary risks. He's all-in at this point. But even aside from that, is there a quicker way to convince Cersei? (not that I think Cersei can be convinced at all, but they still have to try)

I'm sure it was explained last episode, but what's the point in risking their lives trying to convince Cersei that the White Walkers and their army of undead are real? I mean, it's not like she can do shit against them. It's all about dragon fire, dragonglass and valyrian steel. Is it just to temporarily stop the war?

Top Bottom