• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's "Hero" (new IP) storyboard trailers leaked; [Open World Fantasy RPG]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, at least one place took pictures: http://www.gamestar.de/news/branche/3056345/hero.html

The thing undeniably looks a bit dumb, but I stand by my suspicion Ubisoft views it as a big deal.

944x531rwsmz.jpg

944x531bjsdh.jpg

944x53160sam.jpg

944x53147st4.jpg

944x5310ks35.jpg

I wonder if this is an RPG.

So Ubisoft probably wants in on the Skyrim market since that sold 20+ million and they don't have one, but their editorial/executive meddling department hates launching anything that isn't realistic-historical, modern day, or near future as a retail game.

This basically allows them to have a game that fits with present day while also having a swords/axes/etc medieval era RPG.

It looks a bit intricate to be a fighting game or a Kinect thing, and I imagine any of those they were making were long since cancelled. That said, this could have been released due to cancellation.

They already have Far Cry's multiplayer to compete with CoD and The Crew to compete with racing games, and The Division is their future RPG, so a fantasy RPG seems to be a missing category for them.

Maybe that's why South Park's ending happened turned out how it did, lol.

Epcott

A new Hero game with
*Spoiler*
Open world map with spots to synch which open up districts that have chase missions, collectables, and races.

Can't wait!

I kid. Videos are gone :(

UberTag

Looks like a cheesy Kinect game.
Cheesy Kinect games are dead.
The new hotness will be cheesy Morpheus games.

Let's hope one of these fads actually innovates in the gaming space sometime instead of just running the inevitable course of shallow implementation and mini-games until we revert back to the tried and true controller/mouse+keyboard/touchscreen tropes.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Bump. Rumor is that this is some open-world WRPG fantasy thing with like wizards and mages and stuff. Announce and release, if this doesn't get canned, slated for next year supposedly.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
From the other thread, Schreier notes: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163652569&postcount=359

That said... if, say, I heard a few scattershot details about some new IP that Ubisoft's developing and will show at E3, there isn't much news value in just reporting those details, and in fact I imagine it'd serve our readers more for them to find out about the IP with proper context (and visuals!) at an E3 presser. So in that case, we might not be super-interested in spoiling a surprise just for the sake of spoiling a surprise. Make sense?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's this.

Raide

Hmm, any insight into what kind of game is this? I'm always interested in new IP.

Not sure what the images suggest. Something where players built their hero's and then fight? Could be a Moba type game where all of the hero's are actually built from the ground up by players, instead of the game just giving you a full roster.

Lakitu

st5fu
Not sure what the images suggest. Something where players built their hero's and then fight? Could be a Moba type game where all of the hero's are actually built from the ground up by players, instead of the game just giving you a full roster.

MOBA would be an automatic turn off. We'll see at E3 I guess.

Fury451

Banned
Well, those pics are certainly something.

Something new is always good, but I'm not quite sure what to make of this right now based on the speculation here.

A MOBA would be strange for them I think, it just seems like a weird venture to suddenly pursue right now.

cjp

Sounds interesting, but another open world fantasy RPG? Are these the new WW2 FPS's??

Top Bottom