• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Celegus

3★ Skill Coins.

And I'm up to sixty-four now.

Wow, crazy! I used all mine for warrior hashmal sic, but still don't even have enough to get it to level 10! Though I usually only do one or two 4* fights, and 5 little ones for magicite. Do you play with set groups or just random lobbies? I just do random, which is obviously extremely hit or miss. Sometimes even with a good deck, people just don't know what they're doing.

3★ Skill Coins.

And I'm up to sixty-four now.

Oh okay. Hopefully you won't get as many Avert Bio as I did :)

Wow, crazy! I used all mine for warrior hashmal sic, but still don't even have enough to get it to level 10! Though I usually only do one or two 4* fights, and 5 little ones for magicite. Do you play with set groups or just random lobbies? I just do random, which is obviously extremely hit or miss. Sometimes even with a good deck, people just don't know what they're doing.

Bolded is why I just get about 25 cards worth of materials; 19 used for the first 6 levels and the rest boosted via ability tickets, fusing with moogle amulets. Multiplayer takes way too much time otherwise, and it's pretty mundane considering most of the bosses play too similarly to each other.

Wow, crazy! I used all mine for warrior hashmal sic, but still don't even have enough to get it to level 10!
Yeah, I haven't bothered with any of the Sicarius cards; partially because of the reason you just mentioned and mostly because I only play breaker in multi.

Do you play with set groups or just random lobbies? I just do random, which is obviously extremely hit or miss. Sometimes even with a good deck, people just don't know what they're doing.
I have thus far only played in random groups. I've gotten pretty good about spotting a decent group, sometimes it'll take a few minutes to find one.. but it's worth being patient.

Oh okay. Hopefully you won't get as many Avert Bio as I did :)
My first six pull a few weeks ago got me five avert cards, I was initially disappointed but apparently they will be super valuable as the later chapters are released.

WarAdept

Yeah, you have like a 95% chance of that being your first mod (and second, and third, and fourth, etc.).

What really? I thought I was extremely lucky getting Piercing Break on my very first mod for Rising Sun. Interesting if that is the case.

Meanwhile my Truescale Staff has god knows how many mods and still no Prismatic Starter...

What really? I thought I was extremely lucky getting Piercing Break on my very first mod for Rising Sun. Interesting if that is the case.

Meanwhile my Truescale Staff has god knows how many mods and still no Prismatic Starter...
There are about ninety mods for Rising Sun, seventy-six of them are Piercing Break.

There are over a hundred mods on Truescale Staff, only three of them are Prismatic Starter.

Are we expecting a similar event to Japan where they make all the supreme cards available again? I only have 2 jobs in the pool to pull but I'm thinking of just saving my tickets and extra magicite for it just in case. I really want that Aerith card

Celegus

Are we expecting a similar event to Japan where they make all the supreme cards available again? I only have 2 jobs in the pool to pull but I'm thinking of just saving my tickets and extra magicite for it just in case. I really want that Aerith card

Yeah I'm sure they'll be back again at some point. The first releases were more like teasers. I would definitely prioritize clearing the job pool over going for Duncan or something like that. Job pull rate in the new system doesn't seem great, so you really don't want to waste one of those on a stinker you can just get out of the way now.

I won't be going for Duncan. Just thinking of hoarding tickets and magicite now until they do the event with all the supreme cards so I can try and get something

Ok so if you weren't aware all the jobs from the job summon are in the card summons as well as the current job pool. I did one greater summon and got the rogue and heretical knight jobs. The job pool only says I have one left in there now

I'll have enough magicite tomorrow to buy a four Growstar pack, buuut now I'm starting to falter since there's only one card I really super want to augment right now (Tempest). On the other hand, my other choices would be weapon boosting (personally like this idea) or hoarding. I feel like I'll have more than enough Summon Tickets when anniversary hits to abuse whatever special they are doing and I'll probably be buying some magicite then anyway (assuming they do another 1.5 deal) so horading doesn't seem that interesting. Back to Growstars though, if the upcoming En-element cards are as good as they are being hyped up as (for breakers, at least) I'll likely need to 5★ ALL OF THEM, so um, hoarding Growstars might be the thing.

Celegus

Haha, kind of glad getting UB has pretty much made it so I only ever play Berserker or Cloud in MP, just too good not to use (except Anima obviously). Makes it pretty light on the growstars too!

Celegus

Finally ran into someone using Duncan in MP and let's just say my UB got thoroughly embarrassed. Hot dang that card is nuts. Hopefully Highwind or Squall will help me out when they arrive! Currently have enough tickets for 9 GAS, will keep hoarding until they're here (hopefully maybe will coincide with the anniversary event summon)

Arkeband

Banned
Is there a specific way you're supposed to be able to kill the Demon Wall in Albion Plateau, on the minion reward node? Maybe I had it on hard mode or something but it takes forever to break him and even my maxed out Samurai ultimate only did half its health during break - and then it just healed to full.

Edit: "Chaos Temple" is the node name.

Edit 2: nvm he just inexplicably crumbled and the fight ended, it didn't do that previously.

WarAdept

Is there a specific way you're supposed to be able to kill the Demon Wall in Albion Plateau, on the minion reward node? Maybe I had it on hard mode or something but it takes forever to break him and even my maxed out Samurai ultimate only did half its health during break - and then it just healed to full.

Edit: "Chaos Temple" is the node name.

Edit 2: nvm he just inexplicably crumbled and the fight ended, it didn't do that previously.

If it crumbles, you don't get the points for it. On Hard mode, I ignore breaking it completely and go for complete card spam build (Masamune + FFRK cards and buffs).

Celegus

RIP crystal lagoon though, way more crystals doing chapter 1 hard mode. Still good for burning stamina for weapon boosting at least. And I actually prefer mobius day on weekdays since I can auto all day at work, don't play much at home or on weekends.

Celegus

Yeah there's a few 5 stamina nodes with 5 waves that have a decent chance of spawning cactuars. Tons of cactuar cards, 4* fractals and crystals. I think the preferred node is Deepscar at the very top right of the map. I've gotten tons of crystals since hard mode came out, though I do use the FFX-2 crystal drop rate cards in my main deck if they actually do much of anything.

Yeah, Ch 1 Hard Mode seems like the best place for Fractals and Crystals. I would also say that it is a decent spot for 3* coins too since I got about 1 per stamina bar doing the second node in Artisan Palace. Although it could be that I was lucky or they changed the rates, because I haven't gotten any for the last two bars.

Celegus

Just RNG of course, but I've gotten a few 3* coins lately as well. Just takes a little while to burn that much stamina, but if I'm at work that's not a problem!

Yeah there's a few 5 stamina nodes with 5 waves that have a decent chance of spawning cactuars. Tons of cactuar cards, 4* fractals and crystals. I think the preferred node is Deepscar at the very top right of the map. I've gotten tons of crystals since hard mode came out, though I do use the FFX-2 crystal drop rate cards in my main deck if they actually do much of anything.
Hmm, I'll give that a try once I'm done with some of my current tasks (fodder farming for a few things, skillseeds, etc.).

An upcoming update in Japan decreases weapon boosting time for stamina use (three minutes per stamina instead of two); seems like the type of QoL update they send over to global way early, pumped for that.

Of course, that further diminishes the want/need to use magicite, especially if you've unlock additional slots.

Dinjoralo

Having taken the time to try Puzzle and Dragons at the behest of my boyfriend, I am appreciating this game a lot more now. Everything is so clear. and explained, and the interface makes sense.

An upcoming update in Japan decreases weapon boosting time for stamina use (three minutes per stamina instead of two); seems like the type of QoL update they send over to global way early, pumped for that.

I haven't bothered with enhancing weapons, much. I don't get why I can only enhance my starting weapons...

Celegus

Of course, that further diminishes the want/need to use magicite, especially if you've unlock additional slots.

Ooh that sounds nice. It's a little depressing when you can only mod it once a week or so and then of course it's crit damage +1%

320 to 389 here (then used eight for modding).

I also unlocked Ultimate Charger +3% on my Ozryel; so, so, so close to Boost Ultimate (only seven mods of Exploit Weakness remain). I went ahead and just went full-bore on boosting Break Power on Butterfly Edge, no real point in gambling for mods on that one; it's up to 152 now.

AND I got a bunch of Job Change Recasts and managed to score TWO Boost +5% bonuses. I've got like thirty green fractals stored up to try and Job Change Recast/Boost +5% Tempest on next Mobius Day (was lacking a Growstar to do it yesterday, and figured I should wait for June calendar before buying any).

A very productive day, my breakers are very happy.

June calendar and multiplayer schedule are out, along with an app update adding some new features. Weapon boosting speed-up was not implemented yet, sadly.

Calendar: http://information.mobiusfinalfantasy.com/ne/2017/05/31/a7311d97e6f53ad893137c596e2e4843.html

Multiplayer Schedule: http://information.mobiusfinalfanta...043322480a6273ec40b3a2dc7d52c78310029861.html

Tempest scrolls during Shiva!! I was already going to max this card out once I got my next Growstar, so I guess I can continue to hoard Ability Tickets. There aren't any scrolls listed for Hecatoncheir's week, hmm.

Magicite drops are being added during anniversary (slightly weary of this, as I like the distiller system).

Everyone gets a free Greater Summon at the end of the month, some sort of community activity will make it better, apparently.

Other than that, it's mad hoarding time until August (up to 31 Summon Tickets and 8000+ Magicite).

I think I'm going to give myself a monthly Mobius allowance and burn 3000 magicite a month on my Butterfly Edge for a little bit.

Just a heads up, it looks like we're getting the FF14 collab event even though it isn't on the calander.
That miiiiight put a wrench in my hoarding plans if the cards are near as good as the XV batch (which I super regret not going for, I emptied the job pool instead trying to get Viking).

Celegus

Whoa, Ultima Weapon 4* is seriously no joke. This is kinda crazy. Sure glad I pulled UB, not even sure how a group would clear it without that.

Yeah so this new multiplayer boss was SO not tuned down for Global version (we're over a year behind, right?).

Also, nearly everything I've focused on (jobs, weapons, etc.) are for Breakers, which are 100% useless here. There's not even a maybe, they contribute nothing.

Thankfully, I had a shocking number of maxed 5★ debuff cards, so I was able to transition over to a Defender easily. The only thing I'm lacking is a boosted weapon, which is not so important for this role (and maybe a "real" Taunt card). I might try to boost Masamune a bit over the next month and hope for some defense stars, but 60% of the mods are for the valueless Attuned Chain skill, so, eh?

Celegus

That MP weapon is pretty great for defenders too, Dragvandil X. Doesn't really need boosting either which is nice. Defenders are definitely nice to have if you don't have a nuke, the debuffs and extra healing are essential.

I might experiment with it to see if Reunion or Prismatic Drive is better. Reunion will be hard to top though.

Right now I'm running Paladin with Debarrier, Debrave and that Barret area Unguard card, which is pretty ace when the bombs show up, but since you also kind of want to be driving light orbs, it's a bit tricky to time out right.

I have enough crystals to max anything else out, secondary option could be Knight with Slow, Curse and Unguard, although that makes the bombs trickier to deal with and I'm guessing light drive is somewhat essential anyway.

Next question is what to do with custom skill panels. I have a decent set of 3★ Resist Elements, so maybe those with whatever HP Up panels I have (even though those were kind of watermarked for Assassin).

Celegus

I think Paladin is the best choice by far for this, especially if you have Barret. Unguard really helps us attackers out and it's hard to fit it into my own deck, on top of helping with the dark bomb.

What a garbage boss. Even if the stats were more in line with what we currently have available, making an entire role useless is inexcusable.

Celegus

More than anything I hate that accidentally hitting him while bombs are out heals him. Really hard to coordinate in random groups to kill the bombs without healing him too much. That and the completely arbitrary invulnerable status at 50% and 1%. It's really quite dumb. Don't even have enough for the cheap summon ticket yet, this is gonna be a slog. Maybe the 3* version is easier, I've only tried the 4* so far.

WarAdept

So what's the deal here. Attacker / Defender / Support / Support?

Both Support has to have Wall?

I just did 3* and with my Wall and the Defender, it still wasn't enough mitigation/healing.

It's actually not TOO bad, but you need VERY specific setups to get it done.

First of all, a Paladin is probably a must; light drive is essential. Unguard and Debarrier are essential. Paladin can cover both IF he's got Satellite Beam (although that gets in the way of light drive, slightly).

Healer should focus 100% on healing (and haste/quicken), let the attacker bring Faith; two sources of Esuna would be ideal. Lunafreya can help with earth and wind blasts if you are running Paladin only.

Attacker needs to be dark and juiced (or something else and REALLY juiced). Occultist is best, a properly tuned Solider can do it, Berserker is iffy, but possible. A slow and steady approach will not work as after about ten minutes insta-death Ultima happens.

Last slot can be anything but a Breaker (;_;). A seconder Defender that can drive earth and wind will shield you from all attacks. That on top of additional debuffs means this setup is pretty solid if you lack a supreme card (and the attacker can do the job before insta-death Ultima starts).

The bombs can be a problem. You can survive one (barely), but two is a full failure, even on 3★. Defenders should debuff what they can first (Unguard/Debarrier). Focus on A as the attacker likely has dark attacks. If anybody has an ultimate ready and the yellow gauge can be dealt with, try to break B, that's will kill it.

Light drive before the final attacks to help with Ultima.

Top Bottom