• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Lexxism
Member
(11-17-2016, 12:27 AM)
Lexxism's Avatar

Originally Posted by ahdurian

does anyone know if there is a vert-stand for the Pro as of yet

None

Originally Posted by Luigi87

You got lax and I made my move!

the Brock Lesnar to my Undertaker ;_;

Originally Posted by Sora_N

Well you beat me lol.

I've been so busy this year honestly.

yeh I've been really busy too. shit sucks for us both, fam. the only time I've been able to sit down and play games for a good period of time was over summer break. seeing all the games I've bought this year left unplayed is harshing my vibes
23qwerty
Member
(11-17-2016, 12:32 AM)
23qwerty's Avatar

Originally Posted by ahdurian

does anyone know if there is a vert-stand for the Pro as of yet?
i know the OG had one, but not sure if that fits the Pro.
don't want to end up scratching/damaging the Pro to try to make the OG one fit if it's too small

Pretty sure I saw someone say the slim stand works with it, dunno how accurate that is though
Quick
(11-17-2016, 01:02 AM)
Quick's Avatar
I put up the ad. Pray for my sanity.

Also, it says my ad is delayed and will be posted in a few hours. I assume this is normal.
shezbot
Junior Member
(11-17-2016, 01:05 AM)
shezbot's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheNintendoBox

huh why does my rdr 2 preorder have a environment handling fee?

Someone's gotta pay for rendering the environments.
etta
Banned
(11-17-2016, 01:12 AM)
WHAT THE FUCK $5 environmental fee for games?
$72 to $77 with Prime, WHAT?!?!?

Edit: Hold on, it seems on Red Dead Redemption 2 has it? Is this an error of some kind?
Last edited by etta; 11-17-2016 at 01:15 AM.
ChimpBottle
Member
(11-17-2016, 01:29 AM)
ChimpBottle's Avatar

Originally Posted by etta

WHAT THE FUCK $5 environmental fee for games?
$72 to $77 with Prime, WHAT?!?!?

Edit: Hold on, it seems on Red Dead Redemption 2 has it? Is this an error of some kind?

I just bought Dishonored 2 yesterday with Prime and only paid $72. Something is up with that
catpurrcat
Member
(11-17-2016, 01:39 AM)
catpurrcat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tapejara

It's a great game. Enjoy!



I wonder if any other games will be on sale besides Watch Dogs and Battlefield. Wouldn't mind picking up Titanfall 2 at that price.

If SDM can squeeze a $50 price, others will follow.
explodet
Member
(11-17-2016, 01:44 AM)
explodet's Avatar
Hmm, ranked 127th in the last thread's wall of shame. If I were a country I'd be Morocco or Nambia.

And yeah, I got hit with that $5 Environmental Handling Fee for RDR2 as well. If this is something that's going to continue, I've got to rethink my orders, if not my entire hobby.
stan_marsh
Member
(11-17-2016, 01:46 AM)
stan_marsh's Avatar
That $5 EHF better be a mistake...
disappeared
Junior Member
(11-17-2016, 01:53 AM)
disappeared's Avatar
Is it fairly likely Watch Dogs 2 will see a sale around the holidays?

Originally Posted by disappeared

Is it fairly likely Watch Dogs 2 will see a sale around the holidays?

probably considering it's on sale already for $50 at SDM. first row, last column

Originally Posted by Clive

Seems that way. (page 4)

disappeared
Junior Member
(11-17-2016, 01:58 AM)
disappeared's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohlawd

probably considering it's on sale already for $50 at SDM. first row, last column

Oh shit that's $20 cheaper than what walmart's selling it for. Awesome. Thanks guys.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(11-17-2016, 02:02 AM)
firehawk12's Avatar
Hoping Amazon matches WD2 or that I can price match it. Best Buy kind of sucks with SDM most of the time.
keakster
Member
(11-17-2016, 02:10 AM)
keakster's Avatar
Any deals on Titanfall 2 up here? Amazon and WalMart sales seem to be US only even though they were heavy discounts
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 02:12 AM)
You're all going to laugh, but I think I'm going to return the blue controller because it feels like a stupid purchase and it's just baby blue, nothing special.

Maybe Watch Dogs 2, too. Then I'll rebuy it from EB so that I can return it for something else if I don't love it after beating it. I may, but $90 is a lot for a game these days.

I had to finish something else, so it's still unopened.
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(11-17-2016, 02:19 AM)
EvilMario's Avatar
Found a few NES Minis at my local SDM. So many Shoppers are axing their gaming selections entirely in Toronto, but the one near me always keeps good stock.

Sadly, I was hunting for an early Pokemon release and that was a no go.
khaaan
Member
(11-17-2016, 02:19 AM)
khaaan's Avatar

Originally Posted by OCDChewie

You're all going to laugh, but I think I'm going to return the blue controller because it feels like a stupid purchase and it's just baby blue, nothing special.

Maybe Watch Dogs 2, too. Then I'll rebuy it from EB so that I can return it for something else if I don't love it after beating it. I may, but $90 is a lot for a game these days.

I had to finish something else, so it's still unopened.

I always chuckle when you buy a controller or something but I always saw your returns as you fighting against your OCD or bad habits.
ahdurian
Member
(11-17-2016, 02:21 AM)
ahdurian's Avatar

Originally Posted by EvilMario

Found a few NES Minis at my local SDM. So many Shoppers are axing their gaming selections entirely in Toronto, but the one near me always keeps good stock.

Sadly, I was hunting for an early Pokemon release and that was a no go.

wait...which SDM has a Nes? been trying to get one for myself. only was able to get one for my bro
Adamastor
Junior Member
(11-17-2016, 03:12 AM)
Adamastor's Avatar
Did anyone else's Adr1ft for PS4 get canceled by amazon?

(Vous trouverez la version franšaise de ce courriel au bas de la page.)

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

"Adr1ft Playstation 4"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We must apologize also for the length of time it's taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we'd still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Please note, if you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, these cancellations can affect your order's eligibility for that offer. To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit the "Your Account" page at http://www.amazon.ca/your-account.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

This is what I got...
stan_marsh
Member
(11-17-2016, 03:15 AM)
stan_marsh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Adamastor

Did anyone else's Adr1ft for PS4 get canceled by amazon?



This is what I got...

I don't think the game is coming to retail. Digital only. Got the same email.
Adamastor
Junior Member
(11-17-2016, 03:17 AM)
Adamastor's Avatar

Originally Posted by stan_marsh

I don't think the game is coming to retail. Digital only. Got the same email.

That makes sense then. Didn't think of that, thanks!
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 03:50 AM)
Don't forget that McDonald's coffee is free for a limited time. The small, at least, with discounts available on other sizes.

I got a couple yesterday -- one at the main McDonald's near me, then one at Walmart -- as I hadn't slept and figured I'd try it. It kind of tastes like wet socks, then again it is coffee.

Originally Posted by khaaan

I always chuckle when you buy a controller or something but I always saw your returns as you fighting against your OCD or bad habits.

Yeah, it's fighting against depression/OCD, but I don't mind if people chuckle about it. I do, too.
jholmes
Member
(11-17-2016, 04:09 AM)
jholmes's Avatar

Originally Posted by OCDChewie

Don't forget that McDonald's coffee is free for a limited time. The small, at least, with discounts available on other sizes.

I got a couple yesterday -- one at the main McDonald's near me, then one at Walmart -- as I hadn't slept and figured I'd try it. It kind of tastes like wet socks, then again it is coffee.

Oh damn, thanks for the heads up Chewie. I'd never pay for that stuff but damn if I don't get 'em when they're free.
zroid
Member
(11-17-2016, 04:32 AM)
zroid's Avatar
the best thing about the free coffee at McDs is they still have the loyalty stamps, so you can get a bunch of them quickly and redeem for peppermint mochas or whatever :lol
doctorcdcs
Member
(11-17-2016, 04:47 AM)
doctorcdcs's Avatar
Mcdonald's Coffee is better than Tim Horton's


Come at me
zroid
Member
(11-17-2016, 04:51 AM)
zroid's Avatar

Originally Posted by EvilMario

Found a few NES Minis at my local SDM. So many Shoppers are axing their gaming selections entirely in Toronto, but the one near me always keeps good stock.

Sadly, I was hunting for an early Pokemon release and that was a no go.

No kidding. Suddenly tempted to spend some pointzzzz
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 04:56 AM)

Originally Posted by zroid

the best thing about the free coffee at McDs is they still have the loyalty stamps, so you can get a bunch of them quickly and redeem for peppermint mochas or whatever :lol

Haha, yeah.

I noticed that yesterday. I had two stickers and stuck one to my coat, but lost it. The other one went in the garbage once I noticed I lost the first.

I doubt I'll be getting ten free coffees or will buy any afterwards, so no big deal. One of my sibling's PSWs left their card here once, and it was half full, but since none of us go to McDonald's for coffee it got thrown out.

I get hot chocolate at Tim Horton's occasionally. Don't particularly like coffee.
chrisPjelly
Member
(11-17-2016, 04:58 AM)
chrisPjelly's Avatar

Originally Posted by doctorcdcs

Mcdonald's Coffee is better than Tim Horton's


Come at me

It's a lot stronger that's for sure
The Main Event
Member
(11-17-2016, 05:02 AM)
The Main Event's Avatar

Originally Posted by doctorcdcs

Mcdonald's Coffee is better than Tim Horton's


Come at me

McD's coffee is seriously underrated.
Past
Member
(11-17-2016, 05:03 AM)
Past's Avatar
Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 is tempting. Is there a way to know which SDM sells games? I don't wanna be calling every stores.
stan_marsh
Member
(11-17-2016, 05:05 AM)
stan_marsh's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Main Event

McD's coffee is seriously underrated.

Fuck yea and their lids are great too. Always have to ask at Tim Hortons for dome lids.
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 05:07 AM)
Just saw the Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 deal (thanks Past). There's no way I'm keeping my $90 copy now.

I just don't know whether to go to EB, buy it, try it out and then return it a) after a week if I don't like it enough to keep it or b) on the weekend if I do, then rebuy it at Shoppers. Or just wait for Shoppers.

The library likely won't get it for another week or two or three.

Originally Posted by chrisPjelly

It's a lot stronger that's for sure

Originally Posted by stan_marsh

Fuck yea and their lids are great too. Always have to ask at Tim Hortons for dome lids.

Their lids are great. I agree. But the coffee is grossly strong.

Then again, I drink about ten cups of coffee a year.

Burger King has good coffee, and I can't remember the last time I had Tim Horton's.
Last edited by User 479360; 11-17-2016 at 05:13 AM.
doctorcdcs
Member
(11-17-2016, 05:16 AM)
doctorcdcs's Avatar
hey chewie, this xbox one controller is on clearance at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...8bdb505d15en02

looks sick. only 2 left.

edit:

this one too:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...cdea16036cen02
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 05:21 AM)

Originally Posted by doctorcdcs

hey chewie, this xbox one controller is on clearance at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...8bdb505d15en02

looks sick. only 2 left.

edit:

this one too:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...cdea16036cen02

Thanks. They're $69.99 though?

I already bought those when they came out, but returned 'em. They look nice but are the old models, so I decided to wait for the S controller.
shadow2810
Member
(11-17-2016, 05:40 AM)
shadow2810's Avatar
I'm weak. I'm upgrading to Pro tomorrow.
For eb trade in, do I need to bring the box and all accessories (earphone, charging cable)?
opticalmace
Member
(11-17-2016, 05:45 AM)
opticalmace's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadow2810

I'm weak. I'm upgrading to Pro tomorrow.
For eb trade in, do I need to bring the box and all accessories (earphone, charging cable)?

Maybe call ahead of time, but the one I went to said all you needed was the ps4, power cable, hdmi cable and controller.

I brought the box anyway.
JDH
Junior Member
(11-17-2016, 06:04 AM)
JDH's Avatar

Originally Posted by kennah

Is games for Canada still in operation? There was a post in the last thread of someone not able to contact him.

That would be me. So three emails no response, however I did get my package sooner or later. If your in a rush I would say stay away, but if your okay waiting 2-4 weeks, go right ahead. It was fair shipping cost but definitely took longer than I would like.

I think he email address on his website either blocks my email provider or it isn't actually active any longer.
OrangeAtlas
Member
(11-17-2016, 06:08 AM)
OrangeAtlas's Avatar
I think I'm going to break and get a Pro. My current system's a bit wonky and I doubt a better deal than this will show up for a while. The one EB I went to was pretty clueless about the promo, so I'll try a different one and hope for the best.

Just to clarify before accidentally deleting everything: using the Backup and Restore function with an external HDD is the same as doing a direct PS4 to Pro transfer, correct? I'd rather not have to pay the full price for the console then get the difference later.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(11-17-2016, 06:14 AM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Adamastor

Did anyone else's Adr1ft for PS4 get canceled by amazon?

This is what I got...

It's in the latest Humble Bundle if you still want the game on PC anyway.
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 06:26 AM)

Originally Posted by shadow2810

I'm weak. I'm upgrading to Pro tomorrow.
For eb trade in, do I need to bring the box and all accessories (earphone, charging cable)?

Power cable, HDMI cable, controller, system
Last edited by User 479360; 11-17-2016 at 07:49 AM.
baconcow
Member
(11-17-2016, 07:15 AM)
baconcow's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadow2810

I'm weak. I'm upgrading to Pro tomorrow.
For eb trade in, do I need to bring the box and all accessories (earphone, charging cable)?

I traded up, last week. You need the console, power cable, and controller. They told me they would appreciate the controller USB cable, so I gave them that, but that they did not require it. The box, HDMI cable, and mic/earphone cable were not required. Best to call, ahead of time, to confirm.
Iamcorrupt
Member
(11-17-2016, 09:29 AM)
Iamcorrupt's Avatar
Plunkered down and got through the last bit of Watchdogs 2 tonight. It's a huge improvement over the first game, but the non lethal route seems pointless. It's much harder but there seems to be no reason to go non lethal. Marcus is semi interesting but the stories that revolve around the people he runs with are far more interesting even with as little as you get.
m23
Member
(11-17-2016, 10:06 AM)
m23's Avatar

Originally Posted by doctorcdcs

Mcdonald's Coffee is better than Tim Horton's


Come at me

Damn right.
Clive
Member
(11-17-2016, 11:35 AM)
Clive's Avatar
DEAL

Quantum Break for Xbox One is $19.96 at The Source. In stock online.

Cheapest I have seen yet, by far. They do also have free in-store pick up IIRC.
chaosaeon
Member
(11-17-2016, 01:14 PM)
chaosaeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by OCDChewie

Just saw the Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 deal (thanks Past). There's no way I'm keeping my $90 copy now.

I just don't know whether to go to EB, buy it, try it out and then return it a) after a week if I don't like it enough to keep it or b) on the weekend if I do, then rebuy it at Shoppers. Or just wait for Shoppers.

Wait what. Buy it, play it for a week and then return it to EB ? They absolutely refuse to do that here. You open it, it's now "used" and you either have to trade it in as used for 5 dollars or if it's actually defective, they'll give you a replacement of the same game. How are you returning opened games a week later to EB ?
Lulzwagon
Member
(11-17-2016, 01:16 PM)
Lulzwagon's Avatar

Originally Posted by doctorcdcs

Mcdonald's Coffee is better than Tim Horton's


Come at me

You are absolutely right. When drinking it black there's really no comparison (although I did prefer the Timmie's back when I drank Double Double).
kennah
(11-17-2016, 01:41 PM)
kennah's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosaeon

Wait what. Buy it, play it for a week and then return it to EB ? They absolutely refuse to do that here. You open it, it's now "used" and you either have to trade it in as used for 5 dollars or if it's actually defective, they'll give you a replacement of the same game. How are you returning opened games a week later to EB ?

It's one of the benefits of their platinum or whatever. You get a one time exchange within a week.
User 479360
Banned
(11-17-2016, 01:50 PM)

Originally Posted by chaosaeon

Wait what. Buy it, play it for a week and then return it to EB ? They absolutely refuse to do that here. You open it, it's now "used" and you either have to trade it in as used for 5 dollars or if it's actually defective, they'll give you a replacement of the same game. How are you returning opened games a week later to EB ?

You have to pay $14-15 (I can't remember what it is now) for an Edge Platinum membership. The returned game gets you your money back IN CREDIT, and whatever you put that credit towards next is essentially final sale.

I believe that the lower tiers offer something like 3 days, and are free.

I try not to do it too much, but it's nice as an option. I've done it maybe 3 times since May.
Proteus
BOSS
(11-17-2016, 01:51 PM)
Proteus's Avatar
I just went Onyx. I get 10 days. Crazy. I should probably use it more. I haven't done it once.

This weekend was something ridiculous like 45% off used games for Onyx and I didn't even know. I was at EB too.
Last edited by Proteus; 11-17-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Thread Tools