• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

FearMyWrench
(03-06-2017, 12:01 PM)

Originally Posted by TanookiTom

The only reports I can find all point to the same single interview with some random Nintendo rep. I don't really trust that.

http://nintendoeverything.com/splato...o-online-more/
TanookiTom
(03-06-2017, 12:12 PM)

Originally Posted by FearMyWrench

http://nintendoeverything.com/splato...o-online-more/

Ah nice! This looks a lot more official than the other source, hehe.

Great news, although I am a bit concerned that we still know only so little about it. But I guess it was the same prior to the Splatoon launch. If I remember correctly there was quite the confusion regarding the single player mode back then as well.

Even more hyped now!
LordKano
Banned
(03-10-2017, 06:02 PM)
Inkling's models looks so good in this game.
PadWarrior
(03-17-2017, 03:14 PM)
Can't wait to play this with the switch pro controller.
QisTopTier
XisBannedTier
(03-17-2017, 06:18 PM)
They say anything about the slosher? Always found it fun to mess around with
Col.Asher
(03-17-2017, 06:24 PM)
I wonder how the bamboozler will change if at all?
RecRoulette
(03-20-2017, 12:34 PM)
Introducing Splatoon 2’s Fresh New Rock Band “Wet Floor”

Loving that the in-game bands get background information about the members. The new track is pretty good too.
mclem
(03-20-2017, 12:36 PM)
Is "Wet Floor" the Inkling equivalent of "The Floor is Lava"?
StayDead
um wat
(03-20-2017, 01:01 PM)

Originally Posted by RecRoulette

Loving that the in-game bands get background information about the members. The new track is pretty good too.

Damn that's cool.

I can't wait for this.
Beegeous
(03-20-2017, 01:02 PM)
I was hugely impressed that the preload for Global Testfire only took about 5 mins given that downloading software on XBL takes about a decade.
D.Lo
(03-20-2017, 01:16 PM)
It's just an insane level of commitment to the joke that the artwork of characters for Splatoon 1/2 is done as ink-block printing.
h0mebas3
(03-20-2017, 04:02 PM)
I can't wait for the test fire in the coming days, but I've never played Splatoon before. Coming from an FGC background, are there any good online tutorials, community sites or well known players/teams I should be watching to learn from? Thanks.
Octavianus
(03-20-2017, 04:04 PM)

That song is so good. I need more, 42 seconds isn't enough.
phanphare
(03-20-2017, 04:17 PM)

"He’s out to restore some indie dignity to Inkopolis’s music scene that’s lately been taken over by giant pop stars."

lol, love it
CoconutTank
(03-21-2017, 12:41 AM)
Edit: sorry, was posted to the wrong thread, didn't mean to bump this.
foxuzamaki
Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
(03-21-2017, 12:44 AM)

Haha love it
Sendou
(03-21-2017, 12:49 AM)

Originally Posted by h0mebas3

I can't wait for the test fire in the coming days, but I've never played Splatoon before. Coming from an FGC background, are there any good online tutorials, community sites or well known players/teams I should be watching to learn from? Thanks.

Testfire is going to be Turf War which is the more casual mode in Splatoon. So in that sense I wouldn't worry too much about knowing anything beforehand. At the moment there isn't too many good up to date tutorials (something the community is trying to fix) but you could always check https://www.twitch.tv/communities/CompetitiveSplatoon. Several good and active players you can watch. For example pkfuzzy, thatsrb2dude, sorinmh, kivicious, nikkeyy and Its_Power on Twitch are all good to watch if you want to see how competitive players play.

If you have something specific to ask I think this Discord: https://discord.gg/9YYw842 is a good place to ask.
ngower
(03-21-2017, 12:54 AM)
Are they limiting the Testfire to certain times like the original one, or is it just a sort of free weekend?

My internet is horse shit at my current apartment so I probably will be booted for poor connections, but so eager to get my hands on this.
Ocho
(03-21-2017, 12:55 AM)

Originally Posted by ngower

Are they limiting the Testfire to certain times like the original one, or is it just a sort of free weekend?

My internet is horse shit at my current apartment so I probably will be booted for poor connections, but so eager to get my hands on this.

Certain 1 hour blocks.
Finn
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Sendou

Testfire is going to be Turf War which is the more casual mode in Splatoon. So in that sense I wouldn't worry too much about knowing anything beforehand. At the moment there isn't too many good up to date tutorials (something the community is trying to fix) but you could always check https://www.twitch.tv/communities/CompetitiveSplatoon. Several good and active players you can watch. For example pkfuzzy, thatsrb2dude, sorinmh, kivicious, nikkeyy and Its_Power on Twitch are all good to watch if you want to see how competitive players play.

If you have something specific to ask I think this Discord: https://discord.gg/9YYw842 is a good place to ask.

As someone already answered, it's limited to three 1-hour blocks and at the oddest times. I believe one day is 3pm - 4pm and then another is 4am - 5am, if I'm not mistaken. Definitely not ideal.
Jims
(03-21-2017, 02:09 AM)

I heard these guys were great at Conchella last year.

(sorry)

This track is really great, though, looking forward to hearing the full version!
Soul of the Beast
Banned
(03-21-2017, 02:12 AM)
I still feel bad about missing the first game, but I only have a Switch.

The art style and character design seems so interesting to me. I wish there's a proper story mode.
Last edited by Soul of the Beast; 03-21-2017 at 02:21 AM.
D.Lo
(03-21-2017, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Finn

As someone already answered, it's limited to three 1-hour blocks and at the oddest times. I believe one day is 3pm - 4pm and then another is 4am - 5am, if I'm not mistaken. Definitely not ideal.

GLOBAL testfire. Not 'America' testfire.
Neoleo2143
(03-21-2017, 02:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Soul of the Beast

I still feel bad about missing the first game, but I only have a Switch.

The art style and character design seems so interesting to me. I wish there's a proper story mode.

There's definitely a single player that follows up the first game, you needn't worry about that.
Izayoi
(03-21-2017, 02:37 PM)
Too bad it's fucking impossible to find a Pro Controller.

NoA screwing the pooch, as per usual.
ThanksVision
(03-21-2017, 02:40 PM)

omg

i have sinned too much in my life to deserve this game
JCX
(03-21-2017, 02:50 PM)
Will it be possible to squad up with friends during the testfire?
BitStyle
(03-21-2017, 02:54 PM)

Originally Posted by JCX

Will it be possible to squad up with friends during the testfire?

I highly doubt it, but it would be nice
phanphare
(03-21-2017, 04:12 PM)

Originally Posted by J@hranimo

Splatoon 2 Global Testfire - Weapons Trailer

3 hit kill with the splattershot? lawd

also looks like it'll ink a line to swim in quicker than the first game
Geg
(03-21-2017, 04:13 PM)
Splattershot has always been 3 shots to kill, it's part of why the Tentatek is still such a widely-used weapon
phanphare
(03-21-2017, 04:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Geg

Splattershot has always been 3 shots to kill, it's part of why the Tentatek is still such a widely-used weapon

really? maybe I'm just never getting direct hits, it always takes me 4 or 5 hits to splat someone and I always have some damage up as well

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boF-zQb4GcE&t=2m1s

it sounds like more than 3 hits which is maybe why I think that, I always go by the amount of pops that I hear
Last edited by phanphare; 03-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.
J@hranimo
(03-21-2017, 04:25 PM)
With no connection issues, latency, or the opponent stacking defense up the Splattershot is a 3HKO.
neurophd
(03-21-2017, 04:26 PM)
Never played. Is the game friendly to newbies? Good matchmaking?
UnemployedVillain
(03-21-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by neurophd

Yeah, I would say so. Plus there are unranked and ranked modes too
Geg
(03-21-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by neurophd

The first game had skill-based matchmaking for turf war but you would still occasionally get newcomers matched with high-ranked players if the game thought they were doing really well in the newbie rooms.

I doubt there's going to be any kind of matchmaking for the testfires though. I expect a lot of instances of people trying out the game for the first time in the same rooms as people who played the original since day one.
PadWarrior
(03-21-2017, 04:35 PM)

So hyped right now.
Toadsili T
(03-21-2017, 07:24 PM)
Willing to put together the OT for this if no one else has already taken dibs on the role (or if we still need it), but I realise that I am not able to since I am (still) a Junior Member. Any way I could get this rectified? :o
Jaded Alyx
(03-21-2017, 07:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Toadsili T

Willing to put together the OT for this if no one else has already taken dibs on the role (or if we still need it), but I realise that I am not able to since I am (still) a Junior Member. Any way I could get this rectified? :o

Depends. Have you subscribed to GAF Gold?
aBarreras
(03-21-2017, 07:31 PM)

you need to have posted 300 times and have 3 months on gaf
13ruce
(03-21-2017, 07:34 PM)

300 posts and 3 months on gaf needed.
Game launches around summer so that should easily be possible to have by then.
LordKano
Banned
(03-21-2017, 07:35 PM)
3 months isn't a requirement IIRC, I was a member within a month.
deoee
(03-21-2017, 07:43 PM)

Originally Posted by LordKano

3 months isn't a requirement IIRC, I was a member within a month.

Neogaf gold benefits
Toadsili T
(03-21-2017, 07:52 PM)
lol No Way am I ever going to get to 300 posts that quickly; been a member for nearly 2 years and simply stick to SplatGAF. :P

EDIT: Last check, I have 93 total posts, including this one. Nope. Not happening.

Thought I would at least contribute but... :S
Moondrop
(03-21-2017, 10:05 PM)

No analysis? I know a lot of information has already trickled out. My reactions:

- Did we know splattershot came with burst bombs? Amusing to watch tentatek players adjust. Unclear how good that missile launcher special will be.
- For the charger, splat bomb and laser special sounds like a solid combo.
- Dashing with dualies doesn't seem to cost much ink.
- The roller acceleration change now looks like more of a nerf than a buff. The top end speed may be higher than before, but the initial speed looks lower. That may help inking, but for combat you want to be able to quickly roll over your foe if you miss your flick. If this extends to the inkbrush as well, it will be a major survivability nerf.
hao chi
(03-21-2017, 10:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Geg

The first game had skill-based matchmaking for turf war but you would still occasionally get newcomers matched with high-ranked players if the game thought they were doing really well in the newbie rooms.

I'll take that as a complement from the game since I've been facing a lot of higher ranks recently even though I'm only level 15 or 16 lol.
PreyingShark
(03-22-2017, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Moondrop

No analysis? I know a lot of information has already trickled out. My reactions:

- Did we know splattershot came with burst bombs? Amusing to watch tentatek players adjust. Unclear how good that missile launcher special will be.
- For the charger, splat bomb and laser special sounds like a solid combo.
- Dashing with dualies doesn't seem to cost much ink.
- The roller acceleration change now looks like more of a nerf than a buff. The top end speed may be higher than before, but the initial speed looks lower. That may help inking, but for combat you want to be able to quickly roll over your foe if you miss your flick. If this extends to the inkbrush as well, it will be a major survivability nerf.

Splattershot came with burst bombs in the original too. Same with splat charger and splat bombs; only their specials are different. Though this special is kind of disgusting for the splat charger since it gives you a nice tool to help out in charger duels.

As for the roller acceleration change... The base speed is either the same or slightly higher. I have close to 1.5 million points of ink turfed between the entire splat roller family so I'm pretty confident in stating this.
TheLegendOfCap
(03-22-2017, 12:57 AM)
I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Have they announced local multiplayer/turf wars or confirmed that there won't be? What options have they announced?

2-Player Online?

4 players local, offline?

4 players / 2 Switch consoles?