• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ScientificPizza
(01-23-2017, 10:19 PM)
I can't believe I have to sit at work for the next seven hours while this sits in my bag
B1gg_Randall
(01-23-2017, 10:20 PM)

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

that's cool too, i think you get a theme with that one!

Nicee!

Originally Posted by ScientificPizza

I can't believe I have to sit at work for the next seven hours while this sits in my bag

Mutagenic
Permanent Junior Member
(01-23-2017, 10:21 PM)
I own 2, 3, 4, and 5 but have never bothered to boot up a single game even once. This and the remake of the first game coming out this year have me firmly on board with giving this series a serious shot. I love the framerate and general detail in the world and characters of this game. Jumping in tonight.
Cloukyo
Banned
(01-23-2017, 10:22 PM)
No word of it being on UK PSN?
WaterAstro
I am excited!

Tizoc

Originally Posted by Cloukyo

Goes up on tuesday
Saphirax
(01-23-2017, 10:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Cloukyo

At midnight.
JPS Kai
(01-23-2017, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by CrazyHal

Let the wackiness begin.

Just saying..

Shadowman16
(01-23-2017, 10:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Bansai

Alright guys, first order of business, how the f*ck do you do "Essence of steadfast counter" in Kiryu's Brawler style? I get knocked down on purpose, and there's no HEAT action prompt. :{

btw. GOTY 2017 easily for me! :P

Which move is that exactly? I seem to remember one similar heat move so this might be what your looking for:

You should get the prompt as your rising from being completely knocked down, as opposed to when your lying down on the ground. So you need to mash X to get up, and as Kiryu rises the heat prompt should appear. However keep in mind the enemy will need to be a couple of feet away from you (when your rising), rather than standing right on you (if that makes sense).
Apologies if this isn't correct, I have no moves list in front of me and am doing this from memory!

Originally Posted by Tizoc

Where can insee my list of heat a tions?

In your upgrades menu select one of your 3 styles you want to upgrade. Now press triangle (I believe) and you should get a full moves list. Heat moves should have their own tab.
Static Veins
(01-23-2017, 10:25 PM)
Settled on playing Resi 7 first today, but I ended up NOPE-ing out before too long.

Now I'm wearing fresh underwear and am ready to dive into Yakuza 0! I unfortunately only played a little of 5 so I feel like it's forever since my last proper Yakuza game.
callmeCata
Banned
(01-23-2017, 10:26 PM)

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

yeah, i almost put a section in Q&A for the bigger franchises dropping on the same day: Resident Evil 7, KH 2.85a etc but decided to just focus on Yakuza...i love Sega to death but they've been known to stagger release dates in a way that sends them to die sometimes (see; Binary Domain), glad to see all the love this one's getting paint a different picture here!

Yeah the release day is a little wack. Awesome OT! <3
Tizoc
(01-23-2017, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadowman16

Which move is that exactly? I seem to remember one similar heat move so this might be what your looking for:

You should get the prompt as your rising from being completely knocked down, as opposed to when your lying down on the ground. So you need to mash X to get up, and as Kiryu rises the heat prompt should appear. However keep in mind the enemy will need to be a couple of feet away from you (when your rising), rather than standing right on you (if that makes sense).
Apologies if this isn't correct, I have no moves list in front of me and am doing this from memory!

In your upgrades menu select one of your 3 styles you want to upgrade. Now press triangle (I believe) and you should get a full moves list. Heat moves should have their own tab.

Gracias

Also kiryu's constant scowl mustve been an injoke by the team because that is hism default face most of the time
black070
Banned
(01-23-2017, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Saphirax

At midnight.

Buying it the second it shows up.
Deps
Copy finally shipped, can't wait
JJShadow
First Yakuza for me. 10 hours in, having a real blast. Why you guys didn't tell me before about this series? :(
Tizoc
(01-23-2017, 10:30 PM)

Originally Posted by JJShadow

First Yakuza for me. 10 hours in, having a real blast. Why you guys didn't tell me before about this series? :(

Did u not own a ps3?
mike6467
(01-23-2017, 10:33 PM)
My Amazon copy shipped and is supposed to be here tomorrow.

I don't have anything going until late afternoon though. It's going to be really difficult not to grab the digital version tonight, take the bonuses from the physical copy, and sell the copy to a friend of mine who's mildly interested in the series....
B00TE
(01-23-2017, 10:34 PM)
Awesome OT! Hope this takes off, game (and the series) is just so good.
purseowner
(01-23-2017, 10:35 PM)
Kudos everyone for keeping this series alive in the West.
dreamcastfan
(01-23-2017, 10:35 PM)
First one for me. Does it feel like a SEGA game?
Dmax3901
(01-23-2017, 10:36 PM)
Great game, still making my way through it. Now that I've finished RE7 I'll be diving straight back in.
pots555
(01-23-2017, 10:37 PM)
Well, I'm in. Should get it tomorrow. Can't wait to actually start playing it.
TheMrPliskin
Great OT, looking forward to seeing how newcomers react to the game/series.
IrishNinja

Originally Posted by dreamcastfan

First one for me. Does it feel like a SEGA game?

it really feels like a classic sega game, to me - you've got their arcade sensibilities in the combat itself, as well as the casual/more fun approach to the ton of minigames, nevermind the actual classic sega games in the arcades.

there's more to it but yeah, i have a hard time picturing classic sega fans (at least up to the dreamcast) not enjoying this series!
LiK
(01-23-2017, 10:39 PM)
Mine arrived today. (Figma sold separately)

plidex
(01-23-2017, 10:40 PM)
Game is ready to go, 6 hours 20 minutes until it unlocks.
qcf x2
(01-23-2017, 10:40 PM)
I preordered this thanks to you jerks. If it's anything at all like Kenka Bancho I'm gonna have some fun.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(01-23-2017, 10:42 PM)
Maybe because it's a prequel or the setting but I feel like this release has gotten WAY more Western buzz than any other Yakuza release. Even the first.

hopefully it pays off
plutoknight
(01-23-2017, 10:43 PM)
My copy will be here sometime this week. Had a ton of Amazon credit after dumping some Wii U games that are getting Switch versions..

Very excited. Never tried this series before but this seems like a great place to start. All I want is old school Japanese craziness and good drama.
Shadowman16
(01-23-2017, 10:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Data West

Maybe because it's a prequel or the setting but I feel like this release has gotten WAY more Western buzz than any other Yakuza release. Even the first.

hopefully it pays off

It certainly seems that way, its been nice seeing so much positive reception for the game over the last couple of weeks!

Originally Posted by plutoknight

My copy will be here sometime this week. Had a ton of Amazon credit after dumping some Wii U games that are getting Switch versions..

Very excited. Never tried this series before but this seems like a great place to start. All I want is old school Japanese craziness and good drama.

That's two things that the Yakuza series has in spades. Enjoy!
ThatsMytrunks
(01-23-2017, 10:45 PM)
I've uploaded the first 90 minutes of the game, but man oh man, buy this game. It's phenomenal.

VidMe: https://vid.me/LzR0
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRJlK9FQKOs
IrishNinja
(01-23-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Mine arrived today. (Figma sold separately)

nice, man! got both, just waiting on the preorders for the Majima one next!

Originally Posted by Data West

hopefully it pays off

right? can't help but feel the series basically being dead for a few years here helped propel this too, i mean it was obvious we just barely got 5 - late as it was, and then only from sony's build the list effort too. just so glad to see everyone ready to dive in here!
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(01-23-2017, 10:51 PM)
Kuze seems like a bad mother fucker. Even playing in Japanese, the guy came off as super intense and fascinating.

Y5's villains were so weak except Kiryu's rival
SephLuis
(01-23-2017, 10:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Son Of Sparda

We in!

Took the words (and gif) outta of my mouth.

I have been waiting for this. Newcomers are in for a great game and I wait impressions =D
Emilbus
(01-23-2017, 10:53 PM)
For any Aussies out there, Target is selling it for $59.
SirClinksAlot
(01-23-2017, 10:54 PM)
Amazon actually shipped my copy, huzzah! Can't wait to play tomorrow after work.
Justice_Bolt
(01-23-2017, 10:56 PM)
First game in the series for me tonight! Can't wait.
NZerker12
(01-23-2017, 10:58 PM)
Waiting for Amazon UK to deliver it tomorrow. You Americans are lucky you get that Business Launch Edition unfortunately we don't have it over it.
Cjdamon042
(01-23-2017, 10:59 PM)
Ugh, tomorrow is going to be a long day at work waiting to go home to play this. It'll be my first Yakuza game and I'm super excited!
EdwardTivrusky
(01-23-2017, 11:03 PM)
I custom made an avatar for this thread, Irish & Sparda! Hopefully it looks ok, it's supposed to be an SMS game cover but i might have to edit it a bit.

Hurry up, Postie!
Shadowman16
(01-23-2017, 11:04 PM)
Amazon has just dispatched my copy (along with RE7). Yay!
The perfect Dark
(01-23-2017, 11:04 PM)
Well it's midnight but the game is not up on the german store.
Saphirax
(01-23-2017, 11:05 PM)

Originally Posted by The perfect Dark

Well it's midnight but the game is not up on the german store.

Give it some time.

Edit: It's up.
IrishNinja
(01-23-2017, 11:06 PM)

Originally Posted by EdwardTivrusky

I custom made an avatar for this thread, Irish & Sparda! Hopefully it looks ok, it's supposed to be an SMS game cover but i might have to edit it a bit.

Hurry up, Postie!

as a massive fan of classic SMS art, i'm loving that, man. there's a dude at the sega forums who redid the US art for 3 & the JP release of 5 in that grid style and please believe i printed out & use both, haha
xXBetter Off DadXx
(01-23-2017, 11:07 PM)
SO

EXCITED!!!!!!

I still can't believe that we are getting this, then Kiwami (!) and then 6 in the west!
nickgia
It's time. This will be my first Yakuza game!
Kyrios
Didn't get a shipping confirmation yet, but lately I've been getting them the night before a game releases. Probably because there's an Amazon warehouse about 30 minutes from my house now.
Delpij
(01-23-2017, 11:10 PM)
I've waited 10 years for this moment.
purseowner
(01-23-2017, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by qcf x2

I preordered this thanks to you jerks. If it's anything at all like Kenka Bancho I'm gonna have some fun.

You're gonna have some fun.
cftrooper
(01-23-2017, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by brickarts295

First Yakuza game, I'm hyped!!!
Can't wait for tomorrow!