• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Shiggy
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:41 AM)
Shiggy's Avatar
Is this some joke thread where people make fun of "Nintendo going third party"? Or why do people list first party games such as Wonderful 101, Devil's Third, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Bayonetta, and Lego City Stories as the system's best third party games?
Chinbo37
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:44 AM)
Chinbo37's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Is this some joke thread where people make fun of "Nintendo going third party"? Or why do people list first party games such as Wonderful 101, Devil's Third, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Bayonetta, and Lego City Stories as the system's best third party games?

I always thought 1st party games were owned and developed by one company (or their subsudiaries).

Why would Lego City count as first party?
Shiggy
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:49 AM)
Shiggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chinbo37

I always thought 1st party games were owned and developed by one company (or their subsudiaries).

Why would Lego City count as first party?

Games produced and published by a first party = first party games

Publishing rights can obviously change, as now with Lego City Stories or previously with Banjo-Kazooie. But that doesn't make those games third party titles in retrospect.
TheMoon
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:23 AM)
TheMoon's Avatar
Arkham Blackgate is a neat game. Just don't expect anything mind-blowing. Too bad it hardly ever went on sale (sigh, WB). I only got it on 3DS though.

Originally Posted by Gai Murakumo

Wonderful 101
Devil's Third
Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Thread is about third party games :) All of these are first party produced. Hell, one even uses Nintendo IP.
DeuceGamer
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:34 AM)
DeuceGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hyrule Warrior

I guess it really adds up, some of those I probably won't end up buying anymore because of the types of games they are. Disney Infinity is the one toys to life game I never cared for, but I too also own all those Skylanders games. I really wish the first one had come to Wii U, then I could have the whole series on one platform...what sucks is the first one did come out in Japan, but not the US.


I want it!

Jealous of that Giana Sisters physical version...saw it once at a gamestop at a while back, but didn't get it for some stupid reason.

How does Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper run on the Wii U? I've noticed it for $10 on gamestop's site. No local stores have it in stock, but can still be ordered online. I know they put out a more featured version on PS4, but I'm just thinking it might be cool to have on Wii U. Do you know what's different about the Wii U one? What's missing, and what's unique if anything?

Giana Sisters is on clearance at Wal Mart for $7 new. For whatever reason my Wal Mart is overstocked. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in a copy and as long as they still have them when I return I'll pick one up for you at cost+shipping.
SatoAilDarko
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:38 AM)
SatoAilDarko's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeuceGamer

Giana Sisters is on clearance at Wal Mart for $7 new. For whatever reason my Wal Mart is overstocked. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in a copy and as long as they still have them when I return I'll pick one up for you at cost+shipping.

Yeah that's where I got my copy a month ago. Price Tag still said $15.

Walmart.com has it for $13.95 with store pickup.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Giana-Sis...Wii-U/46368174

Or you can use Brickseek.com

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Enter 46386174 (the number at the end of the Walmart URL) for SKU. It'll show not only number of copies per store but the price for that store.

Originally Posted by Platy

Bayoneta is TOTALY 3rd party.

Nobody says that Street Fighter 5 is Sony First Party

Street Fighter V isn't published by Sony so your equivalence is completely wrong.
Last edited by SatoAilDarko; 03-20-2017 at 10:46 AM.
AntiFacebook
(03-20-2017, 10:46 AM)
AntiFacebook's Avatar
Deus ex human revolution is my favorite game on the wiiu period, including first party games.
I didn't play it on the wiiu though
Hyrule Warrior
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:50 AM)
Hyrule Warrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by DeuceGamer

Giana Sisters is on clearance at Wal Mart for $7 new. For whatever reason my Wal Mart is overstocked. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in a copy and as long as they still have them when I return I'll pick one up for you at cost+shipping.

PM sent! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Is this some joke thread where people make fun of "Nintendo going third party"? Or why do people list first party games such as Wonderful 101, Devil's Third, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Bayonetta, and Lego City Stories as the system's best third party games?

I mean when you get technical, yes a lot of the games discussed can be considered first party published games, but there's no reason for some of us to get all bent out of shape if someone has it wrong. I didn't want to enforce any strict guidelines like that. I totally can buy why some people might not consider certain games to be true Nintendo first party, and people arguing about it just seem to spoil the discussion a little. Bayonetta 2 exist because of Nintendo, yes, no doubt. Thank you Nintendo! We still know that Nintendo official really didn't have much hands on in terms of development, it was Platinum games. I get why people would just not think immediately of certain games as first party. They wanna mention them, I say go for it. All I wanted to do was just bring to light certain games on the platform that didn't get recognition often. I don't care if people bend the guidelines a little.
Last edited by Hyrule Warrior; 03-20-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Hyrule Warrior
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:52 PM)
Hyrule Warrior's Avatar
I'm starting to get addicted xD picked up a few more Wii U games today.

Platy
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:43 AM)
Platy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

Street Fighter V isn't published by Sony so your equivalence is completely wrong.

If published by is something that makes a game not third party than Ninja Gaiden3, Trine 2, Sonic and the Lost World, Rayman Legends and even Shovel Knight are not third party because they were published by Nintendo in some parts of the world.

And even with Sonic in smash, I can't accept a main Sonic game being first party =P
Griss
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:54 AM)
Griss's Avatar
Zombi U was the only retail 3rd party game I bought for Wii U.

I bought about 20 1st party ones. Part of the problem, I guess.

Anyway, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was my favourite 3rd party game on the system. Runner 2 takes runner up, appropriately.
SatoAilDarko
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:00 AM)
SatoAilDarko's Avatar

Originally Posted by Platy

If published by is something that makes a game not third party than Ninja Gaiden3, Trine 2, Sonic and the Lost World, Rayman Legends and even Shovel Knight are not third party because they were published by Nintendo in some parts of the world.

And even with Sonic in smash, I can't accept a main Sonic game being first party =P

Once again you prove yourself wrong as you say yourself they were only published in certain parts.

Thread Tools