• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Net_Wrecker
(03-19-2017, 06:19 PM)
Net_Wrecker's Avatar

Originally Posted by hitme

Someone give me a summary. Would not rather give him a click.

You misconstrued all my racist trash as racist, please stop and understand I am definitely not racist. Let's keep debate alive and legitimize all my ignorant points of view because I'm definitely not a racist. PS, would you also pls stop and think of the whites

OK gonna go back to comedy now bye
Garrett Hawke
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:19 PM)
Garrett Hawke's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spyder_Monkey

He basically did what Dan Olson parodied a couple days ago.
https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/st...84691452043267

the actual accuracy, omg
LionPride
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:20 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by Armaros

Tolerate intolerance I guess?

jabuseika
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:20 PM)
jabuseika's Avatar
He had to say something, but not this.

This is just, "I didn't phrase my arguments right, but I still believe the same things".
jacob armitage
Banned
(03-19-2017, 06:21 PM)
The video is unlisted too. While perhaps best for his career, i can't help but see it as cowardly.
Spinosaurus
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:21 PM)
Spinosaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Murkas

Misconstrued???

He'll be fine, his fanbase will keep him afloat.

At least his subreddit ain't taking his shit. It's pretty great to see lol.
TeamLeftMatch
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:21 PM)
TeamLeftMatch's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unapologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

Who's sending Jon death threats here. All were doing is pointing out how shit Jon is with his videos doubling down on his bull. We can't just give Jon a finger waggle and say "don't do that again ok. Now go make some videos and promote your ideas even more". Also I know your bailing from this thread but this just for anyone else thinking we shouldn't get mad at him for his "opinions".
Bobby Roberts
Lore Expert
(03-19-2017, 06:22 PM)
Bobby Roberts's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nightbird

A bit late for an apology, isn't it?

Still is, since he hasn't really apologized yet.
big_erk
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:22 PM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corpekata

Basically someone showed him something like:



And he took it to be a shining beacon of hypocrisy that it is not decried as incredibly racist


Oh and he blamed the evil media out to get him, like all youtubers do these days.

There's a certain prolific Twitter user who does the same thing.
Azoor
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:22 PM)
Azoor's Avatar
This guy really doesn't know how to debate or create a solid argument. His "We must protect our culture!" Argument is idiotic.
Gator86
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:22 PM)
Gator86's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unapologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

Yes, we all remember the non-stop stream of death threats and persecution coming from liberals espousing equity. I'm salty people co-opted the phrase hate. Now that shit means any and all criticism of regressive viewpoints.
jacob armitage
Banned
(03-19-2017, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by 3DShovel


Also, people pulling the 'scum of the earth' card are not being any better than his original statement.

That is such bullshit, we don't tolerate intolerance. No one here has taken that too far.
McBradders
NeoGAF: my new HOME
(03-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
McBradders's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

I'm probably in the minority here but I generally think that this statement was OK.

Also, people pulling the 'scum of the earth' card are not being any better than his original statement.

Is this the new "I'm just asking questions"?

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unwell napologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

Oh, it is. Ok!
Last edited by McBradders; 03-19-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Boem
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
Boem's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spukc

the guy should keep his political opinions to himself.
especially if you have 4M subs on youtube.
That is basically career suicide.

I hate it when people say this about anyone who is in any way a celebrity, big or small. Politics are an essential part of life, and people should always be free to discuss them if they want.

The problem isn't that he's expressing political opinions, the problem is that his opinions are racist as fuck.
Fitts
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
Fitts's Avatar
Why are these "apology videos" always a compilation of jump cuts? Not being able to just speak off the cuff really makes the whole thing seem disingenuous.

At any rate, at least he owned the negative press and didn't go the "fuck WSJ" route.
Messofanego
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

He opens with the suggestion that his debate was being taken out of context by various media outlets and promoting ideas he doesn't really believe, and then cops to the fact he choked under the pressure of a public debate and didn't express himself very well. He then attempted to express himself much better, thanks to having a prepared statement ready to go, and read from it, essentially backing up all the ignorant beliefs at the core of every single dumb utterance that fell from his fucking head during the debate. There is no real apology, and the only regret he seems to have is for his own lack of preparation. He apparently believes if he'd prepared more, nobody would be mad at him.

So it's a "Sorry not sorry. Don't trust what the media says about me."

Haha, what a pathetic person.
darksagus
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
darksagus's Avatar
I would rather him be honest about his opinions rather than do a 180 and say he didn't mean anything he said. You guys do know that when people apologize after being called out doesn't actually mean they changed their minds right? They are just doing it to satiate everyone.
jdmonmou
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:23 PM)
jdmonmou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Titanoboa

Dude ain't even white

Exactly. This is an astounding level of hypocrisy. He benefits from his parents immigrating but would like nothing more than to shut that door of opportunity to others. That's really crazy.
ArchedThunder
Doing Toriyama's work.
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
ArchedThunder's Avatar

Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole.
LionPride
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unapologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

Y'all ever notice how when a poster is wrong and gets called out they sometimes just dip?
L Thammy
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
L Thammy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trace

Bullshit. If someone is being a racist and gets called on it, the person calling them on it is not just as bad. That kind of bullshit false equivalency is what the alt-right thrives on.

"Racist" is actually an ethnic slur for white people. Ignore all those things it says dictionary, that's just the English language's liberal bias.
Battlechili1
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
Battlechili1's Avatar
I'm glad he's clarifying his views.

Though its strange seeing Jontron not trying to be comedic. Its extremely hard for me to remove my image of him as being this guy who makes jokes about Nintendo games and the like. I never watched him much, but I adored his video on Starfox Adventures way back when and seeing him talk like this now and all the things he's been saying show such a stark contrast and really show that its all an act. That he tries to be an entertainer, and that its not really his real self so much it is an act. I guess that should've been obvious in retrospect, but you really get an image in your mind of what people are like when they constantly put out content portraying themselves a certain way.
Mr. Nice_Guy
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
Mr. Nice_Guy's Avatar

Originally Posted by jacob armitage

The video is unlisted too. While perhaps best for his career, i can't help but see it as cowardly.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. I would wager most of his subscribers don't follow him religiously, and didn't even hear about this. I only did because of Neogaf. He'd actually do way more harm if he posted a public "apology" (quotes because I didn't hear any apology), for something most of his fans were unaware of. I'm still done with him though, because even though I do love a lot of his content, I can't be supporting someone who those views.
Sir TapTap
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
Sir TapTap's Avatar

Originally Posted by Titanoboa

Um

Jon Tron is that you

I can't imagine how anyone non Jon Tron could think either of these things

I'm afraid a great deal of people on Twitter have been defending him. I muted a game dev for getting into a hissy fit because I called him a neo nazi "just" because he was talking about superior white people defending the purity of their race.

I mean, that's not neo nazi at all I don't know why I would have gotten that sort of impression. Totally reasonable to defend the white supremacist here.

Originally Posted by jabuseika

He had to say something, but not this.

This is just, "I didn't phrase my arguments right, but I still believe the same things".

This is the funny thing, so much defense of him "not coming across clearly". If that was the case (it wasn't) then sure, tell us what you really meant. But he doesn't retract his statements, because he really meant them. He did come across clearly. It was just shit.
Nightbird
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
Nightbird's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bobby Roberts

Still is, since he hasn't really apologized yet.

Hah, good point!
Nights Owl
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:25 PM)
Nights Owl's Avatar

Originally Posted by metalslimer

Oh god fuck yourself. These niggers only see race, why cant white people be talk about their glorious culture? Piece of shit

Hope his reputation is shot forever



Please tell me you're missing quotation marks. Either that or sentence comprehension has lost me due to being up all night.
Makai
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:25 PM)
Makai's Avatar
lol how he adds a slide for "the Irish" because he learned about that during the debate.
Lanrutcon
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:25 PM)
Lanrutcon's Avatar
keepdiggingthathole.gif

Glad he isn't successfully spinning his statements.
oti
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:25 PM)
oti's Avatar

Originally Posted by jabuseika

He had to say something, but not this.

This is just, "I didn't phrase my arguments right, but I still believe the same things".

It's almost as if he actually really totally is a white supremacist.
ElBoxyBrown
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:25 PM)
ElBoxyBrown's Avatar
Basically:

"I'm not racist, but I have to defend white people and their beautiful culture called America!"

This motherfucker. lol
Soul of the Beast
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:25 PM)
Soul of the Beast's Avatar
Goddamn, his chest hair really disturbs me. *puke*
MKIL65
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
MKIL65's Avatar
Jontron still hasn't learned his lesson, and continues to be a racist shithead?

Fancolors
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
Fancolors's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spukc

the guy should keep his political opinions to himself.
especially if you have 4M subs on youtube.
That is basically career suicide.

It's not. Maybe his MCM will drop him and a lot of people will unsubscribe, but there are a fuckton of followers who will stay loyal, either because they are not aware of his views and if doesn't affect their enjoyment or because they agree with his tirade​ against the evil 'media'.
RADRAD
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
RADRAD's Avatar
Basically, it was late night, and I got heated without being logical.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I love your videos, but WOW, you really should know better about sharing personal beliefs with the public.
Nimby
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
Nimby's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spinosaurus

At least his subreddit ain't taking his shit. It's pretty great to see lol.

What are the Youtube comments like?
Sir TapTap
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
Sir TapTap's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fitts

Why are these "apology videos" always a compilation of jump cuts? Not being able to just speak off the cuff really makes the whole thing seem disingenuous.

At any rate, at least he owned the negative press and didn't go the "fuck WSJ" route.

Gotta cut out all the times you accidentally scream the n word don't make your argument clearly
L Thammy
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:27 PM)
L Thammy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Titanoboa

Dude ain't even white

If your fascist heart is pure, the magical race fairy will come and transform you into a white person.
Nesotenso
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:27 PM)
Nesotenso's Avatar
how many subscribers did this moron lose?
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(03-19-2017, 06:27 PM)
Ninja Scooter's Avatar

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

I'm probably in the minority here but I generally think that this statement was OK.

Also, people pulling the 'scum of the earth' card are not being any better than his original statement.

"Calling someone out individually for something stupid/vile they said is the same thing as generalizing an entire group of people based on their ethnicity! Both sides, guys! BOTH SIDES!"

Fuck out of here with your intellectually lazy bullshit.
big_erk
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:27 PM)
big_erk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nesotenso

how many subscribers did this moron lose?

Not enough.
A Link to the Past
Snitch
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)
A Link to the Past's Avatar
I feel super bad for people who only now realized how bad Jon is. I think if I still liked Jon when this happened, I'd be pretty dismayed too lol.

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

I'm probably in the minority here but I generally think that this statement was OK.

Also, people pulling the 'scum of the earth' card are not being any better than his original statement.

JonTron said racist things against an entire race of people.

We responded by pointing out that he's a shitty person for being racist.

Clearly, we're both at fault lolol
LionPride
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)
LionPride's Avatar

Originally Posted by RADRAD

Basically, it was late night, and I got heated without being logical.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I love your videos, but WOW, you really should know better about sharing personal beliefs with the public.

Or know anything about history, life, facts, ya know those things
mlclmtckr
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)
mlclmtckr's Avatar
What the fuck is up with these YouTubers not knowing how to apologize

Did they all just have shit parents or what
Anung
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)
Anung's Avatar
B-b-but guys ALL racism (especially against whites, which is what I want to acknowledge) is bad. So anyway here are some non-related facts about blacks being subhuman.

People misconstrued the things I very clearly said and have said on multiple occasions. How dare they!

Thanks to my supporters who support me blindly because I make funny videos every year or two.
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)
EatinOlives's Avatar

Originally Posted by Garrett Hawke

also these youtubers really need to stop blaming the media

these people have so many kids watching them, can't go any youtube video about the wsj without FAKE NEWS PEWDS ARMY REPORTING IN shit

eroding confidence in trusted news sources = how we get trump.

But blaming the media worked for Trump, surely it'll work for them!
Tranqueris
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Titanoboa

Dude ain't even white

He probably considers himself white enough for the internet alt right. In the real world, the same people who share his beliefs would probably see him and call him a "dirty foreigner" and tell him that he needs to "get out of their country."

Originally Posted by Nesotenso

how many subscribers did this moron lose?

Last I saw in the original thread, it was something like 50k.
Biske
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:28 PM)
Biske's Avatar
You know if when you are under pressure, your reaction is to become some kind of xenophobic racist.. that probably says all it needs to say about you.


"I'm not racist, I was just feeling stressed" isn't a good excuse.
Last edited by Biske; 03-19-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Adam_Vania
Banned
(03-19-2017, 06:29 PM)
oh no, if JT goes away, where will i get my fix for warmed over Americas Funniest Videos But Video Games presented for a middle school-level reading comprehension? except thousands of other channels on youtube.

fuck this. not even going to read this statement after that debate. this guy need to go away.
jacob armitage
Banned
(03-19-2017, 06:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Nesotenso

how many subscribers did this moron lose?

Very few.
SilentRacoon
Member
(03-19-2017, 06:29 PM)
SilentRacoon's Avatar
He is sorry that he got caught and wishes he put forward his racist thoughts in a more subtle way.

Fuck him and anyone who supports this bigot cunt.

Thread Tools