• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Mohasus
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:45 AM)
Mohasus's Avatar

Originally Posted by HandsomeCharles

I did this, however, I had oriented the maze in such a way that it was impossible for me to successfully jump back to the main part of the dungeon. I was trapped.

This is wrong. There are like 3 or 4 exits in that maze, one of those is always possible to come back.
Last edited by Mohasus; 03-21-2017 at 05:48 AM.
Jpop
Guest
(03-21-2017, 01:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Nosgotham

I was so weak on Eventide Island. I dropped metal stuff all around the hinox feet as I hid under camp until lightning slowly but surely took him down to dead

I got one of the Flaming Chu Chu's on Eventide Island and blew it towards the Hinox with the Korok Leaf and slowly but surely the fire whittled away his health.

Then I burned to death T_T
Suzushiiro
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:56 AM)
Suzushiiro's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosblade

There is a shrine where you had to use stasis to stop a laser so you could get a ball across to the other side of a treadmill. I don't think I had used stasis for anything before that and didn't even consider using it on the laser to stop it, so I was totally stumped.

I ended up using a bomb to blow the ball across the gap instead of using the treadmill, and then used an air attack to jump to the second treadmill and climb on a block to avoid the lasers, then jump back and "solve" it.

I knew it was 100% wrong so I looked up the solution afterwards and felt like an idiot.

Had some others that I completely jury-rigged solutions for but that was the worst of them.

I did the exact same thing, only I stasis golf'd it across instead of using a bomb and just crouched under the laser that you're apparently supposed to stasis. Like the shrine I talked about above it's one of those ones where the "outside-the-box" solution is arguably easier and more obvious than the intended one.
Neoxon
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 02:01 AM)
Neoxon's Avatar
I set metal boxes around some sleeping enemies.....then the thunder started to come in.

Arrrammis
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:01 AM)
Arrrammis's Avatar
I don't know if this is clever, more of a "no fun allowed" approach. There's a shrine with a box hovering above the water with torches on some sides and a nearby wall, and a fountain on one side with water below. You're supposed to rotate the box to light all of the torches without the lit torches being extinguished by the fountain or the water below.

I shot the torches with fire arrows.

That said, a lot of the shrine puzzles are fantastic, and really feel like an achievement when you figure them out. Kudos to the design team for that!
sgjackson
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:06 AM)
sgjackson's Avatar
in the yiga clan hideout i actually made it to the end the easy way (climb up the ladder to where the banana stash is and you can glide down avoiding most of the guards in the last room), but i said "...i bet i can kill all the guards," whipped out my savage lynel bow, and went to town

i ended up kiting like eight of the 600 hp melee guards by using the room cleverly, running as needed when they teleported. was fucking awesome and totally pointless.
RagnarokX
(03-21-2017, 02:09 AM)
RagnarokX's Avatar

Originally Posted by thefil

In the "speed of light" shrine. To get the hidden chest at the end, you need to get into the final room while the water is up, but the switch to open the final door requires the water to be down. You have a narrow window of 5-10 seconds to get into the last room while the water is rising. You're supposed to use a remote bomb to trigger the switch to raise the water while you're inside the last room, but I didn't figure that out.

Instead, I used an ice block to jump onto one of the torch sconces on the wall by the edge of the water, then hit the switch with an arrow, quickly jumping off and gliding through the door and into the final room in that 5-10 second window.

I picked up the metal barrel with magnesis and whacked the switch with it from the final room.
yanipheonu
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:13 AM)
yanipheonu's Avatar
Flipped the gyro maze puzzle upside down.

Really not sure if intentional. Nothing about those gyro puzzles is very good.
Sterok
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:14 AM)
Sterok's Avatar
For one Korok seed I was supposed to get a rock onto a small cliff. But I was unable to just climb up with it. Tried throwing it onto the cliff from a dozen different angles. Tried stasis, but I suck with that and always just ended up overshooting. Then I remembered that Octorok Balloons were a thing, so I attached one to the rock and used a Korok Leaf to blow it onto the cliff. Took a few tries with the wind interfering, but it worked. Probably the toughest puzzle for me honestly.
SuperRaddy
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 02:16 AM)
Wouldn't say the most creative, but when you first meet the Korok guy and he gives you the quest to get his item.. i climbed the mountain close by and bombed the boblikins off the cliff. was great :)
Pinky
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:22 AM)
Pinky's Avatar

Originally Posted by stephen08

There was a shrine in the Gerudo desert that required you to connect the power source to the terminals. I was short on components so I dropped a sword to connect two of the closer nodes. I'm still not sure if I was meant to do that or if there was just some aspect of the puzzle I was overlooking.

Ahh, yes! Daqo Chisay Shrine (The Whole Picture), right outside Gerudo Town. My favorite shrine so far. Very clever using the sword, but I bet I know which part you overlooked. The treasure chest behind the gate is metallic and can be used to connect nodes as well. I thought I was short on components too until I scanned the chest with Magnesis and realized I could use it.
matrix-cat
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:26 AM)
matrix-cat's Avatar

Originally Posted by chaosblade

There is a shrine where you had to use stasis to stop a laser so you could get a ball across to the other side of a treadmill. I don't think I had used stasis for anything before that and didn't even consider using it on the laser to stop it, so I was totally stumped.

Stasis to stop the laser? Oh man, that would have been easier. I used Stasis to stop the treadmill, threw the ball over the laser, then held my shield up and strafed to get past the laser :P
Skyzard
Banned
(03-21-2017, 02:29 AM)
How did you guys solve the shrine challenge, Thunder plains - or something like that. You walk into the area and a voice says there's a challenge like when they did at Eventide.

Near all the giant mushrooms. Need to place 4 orbs in their holes. 2 of them are outside of the raised circular area where they need to be.

I placed them on some ground nearby that was kinda high up and close to where I needed them to go and placed 2 balloons on each ball and shot it with arrows a few times to nudge it in the right direction.
atomsk
Party Pooper
(03-21-2017, 02:33 AM)
atomsk's Avatar

Originally Posted by stephen08

There was a shrine in the Gerudo desert that required you to connect the power source to the terminals. I was short on components so I dropped a sword to connect two of the closer nodes. I'm still not sure if I was meant to do that or if there was just some aspect of the puzzle I was overlooking.

The chest you get in there is also made of metal.

But yeah, a metal sword would accomplish the same goal lol
Mihos
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:33 AM)
Mihos's Avatar
Pro tip, ala Batman Arkam Asylum... play the game with chronostasis on ....90% of the puzzles and jump scare enemies disappear
Justinh
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:34 AM)
Justinh's Avatar

Originally Posted by TCKaos

Things like the Tao Pai Pai pillar launch - cutting down a tree, using stasis on it, and using the energy from hitting it to quickly travel down mountains and such.

OMG, this sounds awesome!

Originally Posted by Pinky

Ahh, yes! Daqo Chisay Shrine (The Whole Picture), right outside Gerudo Town. My favorite shrine so far. Very clever using the sword, but I bet I know which part you overlooked. The treasure chest behind the gate is metallic and can be used to connect nodes as well. I thought I was short on components too until I scanned the chest with Magnesis and realized I could use it.

I'm pretty sure I remember that one and I felt so smart using the chest.


Man, I can't think of any right now, I really wish I could do video capture like you could with the other consoles because I know there were times when I was like "I can't believe that worked! That was freaking awesome!"

Originally Posted by Skyzard

How did you guys solve the shrine challenge, Thunder plains - or something like that. You walk into the area and a voice says there's a challenge like when they did at Eventide.

Near all the giant mushrooms. Need to place 4 orbs in their holes. 2 of them are outside of the raised circular area where they need to be.

I placed them on some ground nearby that was kinda high up and close to where I needed them to go and placed 2 balloons on each ball and shot it with arrows a few times to nudge it in the right direction.

I used stasis on them after I put them on the sloped-up "ramps" near the edge and hit them until they flew inward onto the raised platform. I never messed with the balloon stuff. That's neat, though
Last edited by Justinh; 03-21-2017 at 02:39 AM.
orioto
Good Art™
(03-21-2017, 02:37 AM)
orioto's Avatar
I've just killed a guardian by using a giant troll as a shield between both of us and shooting arrows between his legs, then i just had to finish the injured giant after he took several laser beam.
Wyndstryker
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:39 AM)
Wyndstryker's Avatar
Need to get a ball over to a hole but there are conveyors and lasers to maneuver through to get to the hole on the other side.

I just bombed the ball, it flew across the room and it landed right into the hole
Tavernacle12
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:40 AM)
Tavernacle12's Avatar
Yesterday I managed to take out all the bokoblins in some ruins near a river by wearing the bokoblin mask, luring them to the side of the ruins, and then hitting them with the leaf into the water before they knew what had happened. I managed to get through the whole area without a single one noticing me.

I also felt pretty smart for using an ice arrow to climb the Igneo Talus but I'm pretty sure that's an obvious solution after climbing doesn't work.

Inadvertently I solved one of the guardian puzzles in reverse, using arrows and magnesis to solve a room's puzzle before I figured out how to unlock the door.
Skyzard
Banned
(03-21-2017, 02:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Justinh

I used stasis on them after I put them on the sloped-up "ramps" near the edge and hit them until they flew inward onto the raised platform. I never messed with the balloon stuff. That's neat, though

I tried that! Couldn't get the balls to get up there. Even tried raising them on water platforms in front of it and then hitting them a few times after stasis. After destroying some weapons I tried to figure out something else.

The sloped ramps had loads of rocks on them so I didn't think it would work but there was an opening in the middle on one of the ramps that I aimed for but kept just missing.
Lord of Ostia
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:04 AM)
Lord of Ostia's Avatar
In the shrine with the motion control maze & ball, I was having a tone of trouble getting the ball to the end. I even tried flipping the maze over to the flat underside, but couldn't solve it that way either. Eventually I just used the entire maze as a catapult to fling the ball in the general direction of the hole it needed to go in, and after a few tries it worked.
QuixoticNeutral
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:52 AM)
QuixoticNeutral's Avatar
This one isn't "creative" so much as impatient and parsimonious, but it's too satisfying not to mention. It involves opening the way to a shrine in the southern part of Akkala.

So there's a part of Akkala where your shrine radar beeps like mad around a hill just over a steep drop into a pond. It takes a bit of triangulation and running around, first of all, to determine that yes, the shrine is supposed to be there. And then you see boulders, boulders everywhere around the water, along with a complementary sledgehammer in case you didn't get the hint, and you realize that you're in for breaking half your weapon supply over poorly targeted attempts at Stasis golf. Moreover, when you finally see the entrance—bombable rocks on the side of a cliff—you realize that most of the available boulders aren't remotely in position to strike it, at least not in one hit; you'll have to position some of them accordingly.

To make matters worse, this patch of land is under permanent rain specifically to put out any bomb arrows, in case you were hoping you could try that. And the breakable cliffside lies under an overhang and over a continuous drop, making it impossible to drop or lob any of your bombs close enough and get in that way.

Well, I don't like Stasis golf. So I looked at the overhang. And I climbed above it, dropped right below it where I would be shielded by rain, and let off a bomb arrow anyway.


Maybe it was an intended solution after all and the huge accumulation of clues in the area all screaming for you to use Stasis are a red herring that really serve to point you to the shrine. But I like to believe I gave a middle finger to the least reliable mechanic in the game.

Originally Posted by Skyzard

How did you guys solve the shrine challenge, Thunder plains - or something like that. You walk into the area and a voice says there's a challenge like when they did at Eventide.

Near all the giant mushrooms. Need to place 4 orbs in their holes. 2 of them are outside of the raised circular area where they need to be.

I placed them on some ground nearby that was kinda high up and close to where I needed them to go and placed 2 balloons on each ball and shot it with arrows a few times to nudge it in the right direction.

Oh, that's very good. I found a spot where I could place a barrel and have it remain stable while I hopped on it and lobbed the orbs over the edge. It was not easy; everything fell over many times.
chaosblade
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:23 AM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by QuixoticNeutral

This one isn't "creative" so much as impatient and parsimonious, but it's too satisfying not to mention. It involves opening the way to a shrine in the southern part of Akkala.

So there's a part of Akkala where your shrine radar beeps like mad around a hill just over a steep drop into a pond. It takes a bit of triangulation and running around, first of all, to determine that yes, the shrine is supposed to be there. And then you see boulders, boulders everywhere around the water, along with a complementary sledgehammer in case you didn't get the hint, and you realize that you're in for breaking half your weapon supply over poorly targeted attempts at Stasis golf. Moreover, when you finally see the entrance—bombable rocks on the side of a cliff—you realize that most of the available boulders aren't remotely in position to strike it, at least not in one hit; you'll have to position some of them accordingly.

To make matters worse, this patch of land is under permanent rain specifically to put out any bomb arrows, in case you were hoping you could try that. And the breakable cliffside lies under an overhang and over a continuous drop, making it impossible to drop or lob any of your bombs close enough and get in that way.

Well, I don't like Stasis golf. So I looked at the overhang. And I climbed above it, dropped right below it where I would be shielded by rain, and let off a bomb arrow anyway.


Maybe it was an intended solution after all and the huge accumulation of clues in the area all screaming for you to use Stasis are a red herring that really serve to point you to the shrine. But I like to believe I gave a middle finger to the least reliable mechanic in the game.

I just glided down to it, dropped a bomb in the air and immediately blew it (and myself) up. Then back from the top, glided to where I could climb up to the hole I made. I don't think I ever even looked across the lake to see hints for stasis use.
Yoshimitsu126
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:45 AM)
Yoshimitsu126's Avatar
Not really creative but cool. A bear kept charging me. I finally dodged one of his attacks by jumping to the side and then the mount prompt came up and I sat on the bear. Or maybe I had to face his back. It was all pretty smooth and I hope to repeat it with other animals.
KHlover
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:46 AM)
KHlover's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nyoro SF

There's one shrine where you need to use wind tunnels to push a small ball in a rotational pattern that falls into a hole in the center. In order for the ball not to get stuck you need to block off wind turbines with some metal boxes then wait on the platform to push you up once the ball goes in the hole.

I said fuck it and put some octo balloons on the metal box and just rode it to the top. Yeah, it worked. lol

Aah, I remember that shrine. I just picked up the ball, set it up juuuust near the edge of the hole and walked to the platform. I had planned to use a remote bomb to push the ball in, but just when I arrived on the platform the ball rolled into the hole by itself.
sviri
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:49 AM)
Not reading because I assume spoilers, but the idea that this is may be a legitimate thread title makes me super excited to get my hands all over a switch and this game.
The Hermit
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:52 AM)
The Hermit's Avatar

Originally Posted by DecoReturns

That one shrine that wanted me to use the Wind the guide the ball.

I just got on the platform that suppose to activate. Use Stasis and done. Way Easier.

Goddamit
Nickle
Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
(03-21-2017, 05:55 AM)
Nickle's Avatar
I run away from enemies so that my weapons won't lose durability.
Dryk
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:55 AM)
Dryk's Avatar

Originally Posted by TLZ

This is awesome. Never occurred to me. What I did do similar though is I've used my metal weapons for current distribution in shrines.

I also lit the hinox feet on fire while it's asleep for giggles.

I was really disappointed when I learnt that they barely take damage from fire. I surrounded one with wood while it was sleeping and lit it but it didn't even notice. I couldn't get the surrounding bees to go after him instead of me either but I know it's possible because I've done it to Bokoblins before.
Neptonic
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:02 AM)
Neptonic's Avatar
Instead of noticing that there was a metal block I could use to block fire in the Ice Block shrine, I just used stasis to knock the ice block through fires.
Vanguard771
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:03 AM)
In the gyro ball maze in hateno. You can twist the maze to the left and the ball falls into the last part of the maze when it drops a new ball. No need to navigate the ball through the maze and it's easier to launch the ball straight using the walls as a guides instead of flipping the whole thing upside down.
Crayolan
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:06 AM)
Crayolan's Avatar
In one shrine you're given 3 metal boxes and 2 barrels and you're supposed to balance them on a scale to bring you up to a platform, but not too high because there're spikes right above. I just stacked them like stairs and jumped up.

Also not mine but someone in another thread linked a really cool puzzle solution in the Zora dungeon: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrepuscularK...GoblinPipeHype
Triforce141
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:06 AM)
Triforce141's Avatar
Using Chu Chu jelly

Poltergust
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:11 AM)
Poltergust's Avatar
I had to do something really weird at a shrine (I think it's name is Speed of Light).

So, I was able to solve the regular puzzle easily enough. All that I had to do was to use Magnesis+Cryosis to move a small metal box across a pool of water in order to keep a switch pressed on the other side which allowed the gate to the goal to open. In order for the gate to open, the water needs to be lowered so that the box can reach the switch that would have otherwise been submerged.

However, the weird part was me trying to get a treasure chest located in a higher alcove next to the goal, but I would only be able to reach if the water was raised. But wait! In order for me to even access the goal area in the first place, the water needs to be lowered. So what should I do?

I knew I had to use Stasis to keep the switch pressed so that I can move the metal box around with the gate open. I first figured that I needed to use the box to keep the gate open so that I can crouch under it. That didn't work, unfortunately.

So, I then brought the box with me to the goal area. However, that by itself was not enough to get me high enough to reach the alcove, so I somehow had to raise the water while I'm trapped in the goal area (there was no way for me to open the gate again). After much pondering, I thought to use the box to hit the switch to raise the water, which is located on the other side of the wall of the room I was in. I didn't think it would work since it seemed so wrong (I had to use Cryosis to get as close to the wall as possible, use Magnesis to lift the box over a really large wall, then shift myself enough to generate enough force to register a hit on the switch), but it actually worked! The water raised and I was able to reach the treasure chest finally.


Can anyone else tell me how they did this? I feel like I missed something incredibly obvious since my solution was so unconventional.
Biske
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:16 AM)
Biske's Avatar
Using Ice pillars to cross bodies of water (jumping/ gliding from pillar to pillar) rather than using the slow ass raft or not having enough stamina to swim across.

Ice pillaring for days.
tanuki
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:17 AM)
tanuki's Avatar
Using metal weapons and shields to connect currents in those electricity puzzle shrines.
random25
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:20 AM)
random25's Avatar
Placed all my metal weapons around the sleeping Hinox in Eventide. Damaged him from the top of the cliff to get it to half then the thunderstorm came back. Let it go back to sleep then after a few minutes of waiting the lightning struck it for the kill. I already had the ball beforehand, I just wanted to kill the beast lol.

There's this one shrine where you have a stone block to push the button deep to open the gate to a treasure chest. Instead to putting stasis to a stone barrel and launching like the usual method, I just shot the stone blocks with a bomb arrow dead center to push the button.

On a puzzle about delivering the ice block to the gate of the shrine I just launched the ice block on stasis up to the end goal instead of going through the process of blocking flames that melt the ice.
Linkyn
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:20 AM)
Linkyn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poltergust

I had to do something really weird at a shrine (I think it's name is Speed of Light).

So, I was able to solve the regular puzzle easily enough. All that I had to do was to use Magnesis+Cryosis to move a small metal box across a pool of water in order to keep a switch pressed on the other side which allowed the gate to the goal to open. In order for the gate to open, the water needs to be lowered so that the box can reach the switch that would have otherwise been submerged.

However, the weird part was me trying to get a treasure chest located in a higher alcove next to the goal, but I would only be able to reach if the water was raised. But wait! In order for me to even access the goal area in the first place, the water needs to be lowered. So what should I do?

I knew I had to use Stasis to keep the switch pressed so that I can move the metal box around with the gate open. I first figured that I needed to use the box to keep the gate open so that I can crouch under it. That didn't work, unfortunately.

So, I then brought the box with me to the goal area. However, that by itself was not enough to get me high enough to reach the alcove, so I somehow had to raise the water while I'm trapped in the goal area (there was no way for me to open the gate again). After much pondering, I thought to use the box to hit the switch to raise the water, which is located on the other side of the wall of the room I was in. I didn't think it would work since it seemed so wrong (I had to use Cryosis to get as close to the wall as possible, use Magnesis to lift the box over a really large wall, then shift myself enough to generate enough force to register a hit on the switch), but it actually worked! The water raised and I was able to reach the treasure chest finally.


Can anyone else tell me how they did this? I feel like I missed something incredibly obvious since my solution was so unconventional.

I used Cryosis to get to to the switch from the first area, placed a remote bomb, did the rest of the puzzle, then triggered the bomb when I was in the final room to raise the water level.
Wyndstryker
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:23 AM)
Wyndstryker's Avatar
Land on a rock just outside of Evantide.

Drop some gear

Walk into Evantide to lose your gear for the quest

Pick up dropped gear

Go destroy everything
RRockman
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:24 AM)
RRockman's Avatar
Needed to climb a TALL cliff with the starting ring of stamina. There was all rock and no grass. I then used 5 wood and lit them on fire to create a strong enough updraft to give me a head start. I was then able to use my conserved stamina to climb the rest of the way up.
LumpOfCole
Cereal Killer
(03-21-2017, 06:28 AM)
LumpOfCole's Avatar
Using the metal chest from my 8-bit Link Amibo to swat away Sentries with Magnesis. It felt a bit like cheating.
TLZ
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:36 AM)
TLZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dryk

I was really disappointed when I learnt that they barely take damage from fire. I surrounded one with wood while it was sleeping and lit it but it didn't even notice. I couldn't get the surrounding bees to go after him instead of me either but I know it's possible because I've done it to Bokoblins before.

Lol.

Man the ideas in this thread are wonderful. Makes me want to turn it on and do nothing today but try crazy stuff.
"God's Beard!"
(03-21-2017, 06:44 AM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar
I did a puzzle in the elephant divine beast without having the controls from the map. It was the first divine beast I did, so I didn't know you actually needed the map to progress.

There's a wheel you're supposed to spin with the elephant's water spout to get a ball on a bar that's upside down to slide down into a socket.

What I did was drag a treasure chest with Magnesis all the way up to the puzzle area, stand next to the door that the ball unlocks, and gently nudged the ball upwards with the treasure chest until it triggered and made a mad dash before the door closed again.

Of course, I was super confused what to do after that since you still need the divine beast controls to solve the other puzzles.
Pif
Banned
(03-21-2017, 06:44 AM)
I pushed a metal box against the pole of the "boat" to make it proppel itself instead of using the deku leaf.

I was surprised at such troll physics
elkniwcire
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 07:04 AM)

Originally Posted by thefil

In the "speed of light" shrine. To get the hidden chest at the end, you need to get into the final room while the water is up, but the switch to open the final door requires the water to be down. You have a narrow window of 5-10 seconds to get into the last room while the water is rising. You're supposed to use a remote bomb to trigger the switch to raise the water while you're inside the last room, but I didn't figure that out.

Instead, I used an ice block to jump onto one of the torch sconces on the wall by the edge of the water, then hit the switch with an arrow, quickly jumping off and gliding through the door and into the final room in that 5-10 second window.

Nice. I made it all the way to the other side then arched a bomb arrow and hit the switch
Notorious_Roy
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:05 AM)
Notorious_Roy's Avatar
I cheated on Eventide Island. I threw some weapons onto the beach before I got stripped of everything.

The island punished me with constant rain and a ball that fell into the water. Had to get really creative with the ice columns and stasis.
Decider
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:37 AM)
Decider's Avatar
In Divine Beast Vah Medoh, there's a part where you're supposed to drop rolling bombs through a hole near the floor and use them to blow up obstacles you can see through the glass. I wasn't sure of what to do, so I hit the switch in the room to open the windows and tilted the Divine Beast's wings. I jumped out of the open window and glided down to the next open one on the wing, which put me directly inside the room. Activated the terminal and then blew up obstacles to release the metal ball I needed to get out. A lot easier to figure out when I was actually in the room and not peering through glass.
redfox088
Member
(03-21-2017, 08:42 AM)
redfox088's Avatar

Originally Posted by LotusHD

I just... glided onto his belly.

Shot an arrow in his weaknessand grabbed the orb as he went through his hurt animation skipped that whole encounter maybe I was supposed to fight him maybe not. What this game does to subvert all the tropes we have come to equate with gaming.
redfox088
Member
(03-21-2017, 08:47 AM)
redfox088's Avatar

Originally Posted by stephen08

There was a shrine in the Gerudo desert that required you to connect the power source to the terminals. I was short on components so I dropped a sword to connect two of the closer nodes. I'm still not sure if I was meant to do that or if there was just some aspect of the puzzle I was overlooking.

It was meant for that but GAMING says " everything you need to progress is provided for you" and BOTW cleverly exploits that notion...forget all that gaming has taught you and use your head...the beauty of this game is every time you believe you outsmarted the Game you realize the creators expected you to. I haven't felt anything so profound in design since portal 2

Thread Tools