• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Majukun

It finally happened. RNG has blessed me on skulls at last! Plus I have Shanks' 6+ skull now too! I'm so, so glad I decided to keep farming the Coliseum for Vista now. I can finally do the thing! And it's all thanks to Neko, who's just straight fucking silly. The team I posted can clear Invasion Shanks apparently, thanks to Leo delaying on the turn you get paralyzed. Three matching orbs, one of them on Neko, will get you the win the turn after the paralysis ends. Thanks to Kuma and Kanjuro, odds are pretty decent that you pull it off, but there's a chance you don't get a TND/RCV/DEX/PSY orb on one Neko within two turns and you lose.

at this point i'm probably the only one here that didn't get his psy skull :(

and it's even worse when i think that i can make that team :(

Hana-Bi

It finally happened. RNG has blessed me on skulls at last! Plus I have Shanks' 6+ skull now too! I'm so, so glad I decided to keep farming the Coliseum for Vista now. I can finally do the thing! And it's all thanks to Neko, who's just straight fucking silly. The team I posted can clear Invasion Shanks apparently, thanks to Leo delaying on the turn you get paralyzed. Three matching orbs, one of them on Neko, will get you the win the turn after the paralysis ends. Thanks to Kuma and Kanjuro, odds are pretty decent that you pull it off, but there's a chance you don't get a TND/RCV/DEX/PSY orb on one Neko within two turns and you lose.

Congrats. :) Are you using Nekos special before or why aren't you using his special during your burst turn?

EMT0

Banned
at this point i'm probably the only one here that didn't get his psy skull :(

and it's even worse when i think that i can make that team :(

You'll get it man, don't let Bandai's RNG win. I only recall 1-2 people getting a PSY skull in this thread so you're far from alone.

Congrats. :) Are you using Nekos special before or why aren't you using his special during your burst turn?

Thanks! Shanks silences both Neko's specials for 5 turns and I burst him on turn 4(otherwise I die) after using Leo on 3 to delay for a turn, so I sadly don't get a chance to. You could replace Kanjuro with any utility unit in order to make Shanks easier tbh, he's not vital to bursting Shanks, Vista, or SW Franky. TS Nami can be put in place of him and you'd clean house on Shanks on turn one.

chrono01

Guaranteed legend sugofest next =\
They're probably hoping this will make everyone forget about the whole Sugofest rate drama. :/

I can't wait for the increased chance for an old/outdated Legend on those 3rd/6th/9th pulls! I bet they'll make Usopp the most difficult to pull again, just like they do (seemingly) with all of the new Legends.

EMT0

Banned
I can't wait until Monday. This debacle broke during a period when they'd all be out of the office. If we're gonna see any responses, it'll be from Monday onwards. This Sugofest announcement is just salt on the wound and was likely even preplanned. Like, announce it immediately after the Nekomamusi Sugofest that featured three new and useful Legends being rate-boosted? Bastards.

chrono01

I'm reading it now. I love how they couldn't even give people a guaranteed Usopp after the 9th multi-pull, that's 450 pearls spent!. It's just "greatly rate-boosted" which, given the past, means absolutely nothing.

Why do I have a feeling we won't get that guaranteed G4 Luffy for our anniversary? It'll probably be another one of those "increased chance" and not a guarantee, which means I'll likely end up with ye another old/outdated Legend.

Kyou

Yeah I can't believe after 200 bucks worth of gems it's just a "greatly boosted CHANCE"

we deffo aren't getting guaranteed G4

koryuken

The timing of the announcement is very interesting. I personally won't be pulling as I want them to publish the rates. For all we know old legends are 5x times more likely to get pulled versus new legends. I'm also betting the junk will be manually rate boosted again.

Kumo

The timing of the announcement is very interesting. I personally won't be pulling as I want them to publish the rates. For all we know old legends are 5x times more likely to get pulled versus old legends. I'm also betting the junk will be manually rate boosted again.

Yeah, feels like damage control. I mean the timing couldn't be any more perfect, right? Def won't be pulling either, especially since I have most of the old legends and now I'm looking to get some of the newer ones lol

Hana-Bi

Thanks! Shanks silences both Neko's specials for 5 turns and I burst him on turn 4(otherwise I die) after using Leo on 3 to delay for a turn, so I sadly don't get a chance to. You could replace Kanjuro with any utility unit in order to make Shanks easier tbh, he's not vital to bursting Shanks, Vista, or SW Franky. TS Nami can be put in place of him and you'd clean house on Shanks on turn one.

Ah, I forgot about all the bullshit he throws at you. :)

The new sugo feels like an even bigger trap sugo. I smell dupe legends for the +1... Won't pull until Boas sisters are coming. Hopefully by then we'll see some improvements...

MiTYH

So I'm gone for the weekend, check into reddit and... things have exploded. But then the guarenteed legend announcement... it's a lot to take in as someone who missed most of this, so I'll just sit back and see how it all unfolds.

That being said, GODDAMNIT. I did a third multi on that last sugo (got nothing) and should have held it. Now I'm at around 50 gems, but I've got enough content now that I think I'll just wait for the third anniversary. It seems very likely at this point that we'll get guarenteed G4 with 300 gems, so that's where my planning will be

Also, completely forgot we were getting a new update today. RIP 30 stamina I wasted last night starting a stage before bed and passing out. Ah well. Got a lot of Vista farming done this weekend thanks to TSL. Going to see if I can make a good Akainu team with him. Socketless TSL is tough though, may invest a few random books and hope for the best

Kyou

damn my Blue game has gotten on point since the last time Akainu was here

Kuzan/Kuzan, Legend Doffy, Lucci, Enel and Sugar(who was completely useless, I remembered him reviving with less hp). A billion percent safe and beats him in like 3 minutes. What a difference.

chrono01

So I'm gone for the weekend, check into reddit and... things have exploded. But then the guarenteed legend announcement... it's a lot to take in as someone who missed most of this, so I'll just sit back and see how it all unfolds.

That being said, GODDAMNIT. I did a third multi on that last sugo (got nothing) and should have held it. Now I'm at around 50 gems, but I've got enough content now that I think I'll just wait for the third anniversary. It seems very likely at this point that we'll get guarenteed G4 with 300 gems, so that's where my planning will be

Also, completely forgot we were getting a new update today. RIP 30 stamina I wasted last night starting a stage before bed and passing out. Ah well. Got a lot of Vista farming done this weekend thanks to TSL. Going to see if I can make a good Akainu team with him. Socketless TSL is tough though, may invest a few random books and hope for the best
Don't be so sure. With the way Bandai Namco Global has been recently, they know how many people want TS Luffy/G4 Luffy, myself included. I could absolutely see them increasing the gems needed for the guarantee from six multi-pulls to nine (450 gems total) or, even worse, making it a nine-step multi-summon similar to Usopp where it's only an "increased chance".

Seriously, I really wish Bandai Namco would advertise their rates in their games like in the Japanese releases. They remove the gacha rates from ALL of their Global games, which is ridiculous. If everything is as they say, why go out of their way to keep that information hidden? Similar gacha games, such as F/GO and the recently-released TB2, have no issues showcasing their rates, even the 1%/0.5% chance for the highest-rarity characters. They tell it as it is. Bandai Namco though? Nope, need to keep that stuff to ourselves, but don't worry, if you don't get anything it's because of RNG.

Sorry, I know I'm going a little off-topic here, it just frustrates me seeing how they're treating the fan-base for a lot of these games. They would quell a lot of frustration from players if they would just publish the rates, but if they alter them to suit their needs (which there's evidence to suggest), I can see why they'd want to keep it to themselves.

EMT0

Banned
My final tally for Akainu is 20 dupes. I could have easily farmed him to max, but I didn't want to burn more than the 5 gems I already did. I'm hoping I'll get lucky with meat refills when he comes later on the 7th, plus I'll be able to farm him until max since it's during skillup. I don't really have anything else to farm tomorrow other than sea ponies until the evening when Neo Aokiji, Skillups, and the Olvia/Sentomaru FNs drop. I guess I'll do a tally of everything I have to feed for two days from tomorrow:

4x PSY Law
6x Don Sai
20x Raid Akainu
6x Ben Beckman
24x Colo Vista
8x Lucky Roo
24x Invasion Shanks

If I get lucky, I'll be getting more Don Sai books although I doubt I'll need him very often thanks to Log Kid. As for clearing everything I plan to hit next week, for Olvia I have a Neptune team planned, and Fuji team ready, with Fuji being an option if I want to start speedrunning the stage. Finally, Sentomaru will be cleared with Kuzan as speedily as possible. Marco's just there to be a socket dummy.

EDIT: I lied on the day, I'm one off schedule

Hana-Bi

So Ace 6+... Seems quite nice but you'll need an orb locker now and he's an attack booster and not a 2x orb booster, bit still a great upgrade.

Got two more skill ups for my Neko with my first 5 purchased almighty books. With my other almighty books he's 4/14 or one skill up from max. :)

Majukun

So Ace 6+... Seems quite nice but you'll need an orb locker now and he's an attack booster and not a 2x orb booster, bit still a great upgrade.

Got two more skill ups for my Neko with my first 5 purchased almighty books. With my other almighty books he's 4/14 or one skill up from max. :)

he is better than fuji now,it's a great upgrade

MiTYH

Skillups again!

Out of about 30 ColoVista copies and 10 books, I got him down to turn 13 which is one away from max. 4b/4d/4AH, I'll take it. Not bad for a weekend of farming, happy to have him and be done with him.

Kizaru went 1/4, which is... good, I guess. And got RR Garp maxed, which is great.

Is it bad I want the older raids to come back? It's been... at least 2 months since Ivankov, and I need sockets for INTkov so I can finish some of these forests. And now with RR Garp, I'd enjoy some sockets for him too (although he is at least coming in a week or so).

Going to spend my day doing Aokiji runs, especially since I have Neko and need him badly. He's already at turn 19, so only two turns away from max, and only needs 2 AH sockets to be complete. I'm debating making a second since Neko loves Aokiji

EDIT: Protip: If you're doing a NeoAokiji run and it seems too easy, you didnt get stronger, you're just running the 40 stamina one. At least he dropped from that one run! Ended up with 6 copies total and.... yeah, he's max now missing 1 AH socket. I guess I'll work on a second one *shrug*

Kyou

*0 doc q skill ups* :|
*0 akainu skill ups* :||||
*50% Kanjuro rate, taking a huge chunk out of him next time he shows up* Okay then

Also I saw I never beat the striker version of Aokiji Neo. I should... attempt that now *tents fingers and cackles*

EMT0

Banned
Skillups again!

Out of about 30 ColoVista copies and 10 books, I got him down to turn 13 which is one away from max. 4b/4d/4AH, I'll take it. Not bad for a weekend of farming, happy to have him and be done with him.

Kizaru went 1/4, which is... good, I guess. And got RR Garp maxed, which is great.

Is it bad I want the older raids to come back? It's been... at least 2 months since Ivankov, and I need sockets for INTkov so I can finish some of these forests. And now with RR Garp, I'd enjoy some sockets for him too (although he is at least coming in a week or so).

Going to spend my day doing Aokiji runs, especially since I have Neko and need him badly. He's already at turn 19, so only two turns away from max, and only needs 2 AH sockets to be complete. I'm debating making a second since Neko loves Aokiji

EDIT: Protip: If you're doing a NeoAokiji run and it seems too easy, you didnt get stronger, you're just running the 40 stamina one. At least he dropped from that one run! Ended up with 6 copies total and.... yeah, he's max now missing 1 AH socket. I guess I'll work on a second one *shrug*

Are you me lol? I'm in the same boat with Vista, one off max, but I have 1 more Bind socket. I actually got a bit unlucky with his skillups, but got very lucky with his sockets. Akainu went well, Shanks went strictly average at 1/5, Don Sai was average yet disappointing, and PSY Law's 1 off max. I can't will till the Rayleigh shop rolls over, because I need me those QCK Law skillups.

On the new Ace, he's definitely better but he's....I dunno, clunky, with existing units. He'd have been godly if his special had been an orb boost instead. As it is Shooters are still missing a 2x orb boost, and don't have good synergistic orb lockers with the new Ace. The best orb locker, STR Aokiji, is also a class booster. If there's one thing Shooters didn't really need in the short term, it's more class boosters. Overall I'd say excellent standalone Legend, but not what Shooters as a class needed.

Decided to go with a free Shanks legend on Japan version. I have Duval and Franky, which are his two best boosters, so it seems like a really good idea. Except for one problem:

I forgot that I have no Shanks friend captains and apparently he isn't super popular. So yeah....anybody with a 6+ Shanks want to add me?

I kind of wish that I had went with Sabo now, since he can be used with a lot of other Friend Captains, but oh well.

Majukun

looking at gamewith's legends ranking,fuji has been completely surprassed on japan..before it was in 3rd place...now it's below the 11th...a couple of months ago i would have laughed at the idea of fuji getting a 6+ version..but at this point I say he kind of deserves it..especially considering what they have done with sw ace.

also,why the hell pretty much all the 6+ versions except for boa and shanks got a big upgrade?

The more I look at it, the more I wonder what the crap I was thinking by choosing Shanks for my free legend. At least it'll be a nice novelty team to have I guess.

To be fair, the only other choices I had were Rayleigh, Bartolomeo, and Sabo, so it isn't like it made that big of a difference I guess. I think Barto or Sabo would have been better picks overall though.

Hana-Bi

Finally maxed my Psy Law. He's my 10th quad maxed legend now (LL, WB6+, Lucci, Barto, Ace, Croc, Striker Law, Doffy, Psy Law, IntHawk). :)

Kyou

ghkIE3N.jpg

"Hey what up, my striker team got better"

not gonna farm him but man that was cathartic. And free gem!

Hana-Bi

Still didn't get any skill ups for rr Garp. Don't know if I should bother with him now because every other unit is maxed...

MiTYH

Looking over this guide for the new colo units, I'm pretty happy I can clear all the stages without too much trouble. I'm very happy I maxed NeoAokiji today, I think I'll leave him be for now and focus on Colo and other things. The new FN doesn't interest me too much. Few niche things, but I maxed 3d2y zoro ages ago thanks to Dead End FN farming

Voror

Decided to see what this one was about. Battle system seems engaging though I do wonder if it gets old after a while but I suppose that's a risk with any of these.

Free pull got me Kudamori and then did a multipull and the only noteworthy unit were two different Kids.

Do you have to wait for certain periods to get units like Whitebeard or 3rd Gear Luffy like those 24 hour banners? Only one available seemed to be the Kid one so I wasn't sure.

Edit: Ah looks like that's a yes? Perhaps I'd be better trying a reroll during this Sugofest event.

EMT0

Banned
Decided to see what this one was about. Battle system seems engaging though I do wonder if it gets old after a while but I suppose that's a risk with any of these.

Free pull got me Kudamori and then did a multipull and the only noteworthy unit were two different Kids.

Do you have to wait for certain periods to get units like Whitebeard or 3rd Gear Luffy like those 24 hour banners? Only one available seemed to be the Kid one so I wasn't sure.

Edit: Ah looks like that's a yes? Perhaps I'd be better trying a reroll during this Sugofest event.

You definitely want to start with a (good) Legend. Alternatively, you could check r/OPTC and search for their weekly giveaway thread. They usually give away Legend accounts, and IIRC there's a Sugofest very soon that people will likely be rerolling a lot on due to it being the first Sugofest where you start with enough gems to do a multipull on.

Kyou

IIRC there's a Sugofest very soon

25 hours from now

edit: Boy Sentomaru doesn't drop anything interesting. What else is starting up this week... Maiden Sanji, Kid Buggy, and Nico Olvia. Those are three FNs I've wrung completely dry.

.....guess I'm playing a bunch of the Violet FN tonight for XP and Sanji sockets

Voror

You definitely want to start with a (good) Legend. Alternatively, you could check r/OPTC and search for their weekly giveaway thread. They usually give away Legend accounts, and IIRC there's a Sugofest very soon that people will likely be rerolling a lot on due to it being the first Sugofest where you start with enough gems to do a multipull on.

Didn't even think of that. Most recent bunch of ones being given away seem to have some good units if I'm reading these right too.

I kinda like what they did with SW Ace. Despite the fact that GW had him listed as something like the 9th (10th once Lucy hits I'm sure) best legend captain, the shooter party composition was incredibly rigid. Basically Ace as a captain, Gladius as affinity booster, Byrnndi as class booster, Van Auger as orb booster, Borsalino for orb manipulation, and then maybe sub one of them out for raid Boa as a delayer/chain locker as needed. Moving the class boost to Ace and then the presumed multi-turn orb manipulation to FC V2 6* Boa, gives you more party options. Shooters STILL don't have a class native 2x orb booster so they have that holding them back but hopefully that is in the pipeline, I just hope it's as a raid or colo unit, not a secret RR or legend unit.

Driven teams are in such a weird state in Japan. Driven units can create strong teams but not explicitly as driven boosted teams, Akainu and Blackbeard being the primary examples. They're also the only class that hasn't eclipsed the 3x CA damage boost. It's like Bandai forgot about them and are too distracted pampering their new favorite son, strikers. Even their only 2x booster (colo Diamante) has the weird stipulation of needing to be at full health. I'd fully endorse Fuji getting a super evolution but I think they'll need a little bit more love than that.

EMT0

Banned
25 hours from now

edit: Boy Sentomaru doesn't drop anything interesting. What else is starting up this week... Maiden Sanji, Kid Buggy, and Nico Olvia. Those are three FNs I've wrung completely dry.

.....guess I'm playing a bunch of the Violet FN tonight for XP and Sanji sockets

Not all of us have swagged out our Blackbeards yet :p

Didn't even think of that. Most recent bunch of ones being given away seem to have some good units if I'm reading these right too.

A lot of guides recommending units like Gear 3rd or Rayleigh are horribly outdated. There's actually a fair bit of discussion on what the 'best' starting Legend is. On Global, the top three Legends that roll almost all content are Akainu, Timeskip Luffy, and Nekomamushi. Tier 2 Legends that clear most content are QCK Law, Fujitora, Blackbeard, Timeskip Zoro, and to a lesser extent Cavendish and Borsalino/Kizaru. Most other Legends are incredibly tedious to use(Rayleigh/PSY Law), require a 6+ skull in order to become great which is way lategame(Sabo, Whitebeard, sort of Ace), are heavily stacked towards endgame or rare recruit units(Crocodile, Lucci/Hody), are god-tier subs but questionable leads for a new player(Doflamingo, God Usopp), or are just plain bad as content-clearing leads(QCK Hancock, Buggy). Log Luffy is a weird one in that he has an amazing clear rate, but can't be recommended in good conscience while Timeskip Luffy exists as he doesn't hit as hard as he does, and is more annoying to use compared to TS Luffy.

I'd recommend Timeskip Luffy as a starting Legend to almost any newcomer to OPTC due to his being the most F2P out of all the top tier Legends. The class he boosts, Free Spirit, has a steady trail of units to aim for from the early game to the late game that will keep you engaged and constantly planning for the next piece of content. The not-top tier variant of TS Luffy IMO would be Blackbeard, who's a rainbow captain with a 98% F2P clear rate, is a tank captain, ignores all barriers, boasts a very powerful special, and is incredibly reliable for almost any piece of content. Every single unit you farm can find potential use in a Blackbeard team, so you will always feel like you're making progress. He's reliable to this day on the latest content in JP.

I kinda like what they did with SW Ace. Despite the fact that GW had him listed as something like the 9th (10th once Lucy hits I'm sure) best legend captain, the shooter party composition was incredibly rigid. Basically Ace as a captain, Gladius as affinity booster, Byrnndi as class booster, Van Auger as orb booster, Borsalino for orb manipulation, and then maybe sub one of them out for raid Boa as a delayer/chain locker as needed. Moving the class boost to Ace and then the presumed multi-turn orb manipulation to FC V2 6* Boa, gives you more party options. Shooters STILL don't have a class native 2x orb booster so they have that holding them back but hopefully that is in the pipeline, I just hope it's as a raid or colo unit, not a secret RR or legend unit.

Driven teams are in such a weird state in Japan. Driven units can create strong teams but not explicitly as driven boosted teams, Akainu and Blackbeard being the primary examples. They're also the only class that hasn't eclipsed the 3x CA damage boost. It's like Bandai forgot about them and are too distracted pampering their new favorite son, strikers. Even their only 2x booster (colo Diamante) has the weird stipulation of needing to be at full health. I'd fully endorse Fuji getting a super evolution but I think they'll need a little bit more love than that.

Fujitora's in a weird place IMO in that it's not him that's the problem, it's everybody else that is. His clear rate is still fantastic, in part because his special is still IMO one of, if not the best special in the game. I can't really complain about his captain ability either; a higher multiplier on him would be nice but he doesn't really need it per se. It's his teamates that let him down, although it appears that things are starting to change with the release of RR Cavendish. A 1.75x conditional attack booster on damage reduction, as well as universal matching orbs off of BLK orbs? That's fantastic. RR Cavendish is the RR Marigold of Slasher/Driven, now we need the Sandersonia, a unit that gives full BLK orbs while doing something useful, like reducing defense or boosting Driven or your orbs. RR Barto doesn't fit the bill and is IMO, disappointing outside of very specific scenarios. Look at QCK Law; that dude can burst for over 10 million on all colors with a 3x multplier, I don't think Fuji is outdated at all. It's just that Driven hasn't really grown as a class since Akainu released. Everything else since then, like Bellamy, Neo Doffy/Pica/Bellamy, Limited RR Akainu, etc. all fall under flexibility on what was already possible rather than amazing new enablers. Until this batch, anyways. If Fuji were to get a 6+ though, I'm not sure what I'd want to see outside of a higher attack multiplier in general, with or without matching orbs. Eh, slap immunity to Blindness into his captain ability, boost his attack multiplier to 2.25x/3.25x like Ace, and give him something Driven's been missing. Like, give him a chain lock at 2.5x for 1 turn, or an affinity boost. That'd spike Fuji right back into borderline meta territory alongside that new Cavendish, IMO. Double 6+ Fuji, QCK Doffy, Shiki, Lao G, new Cavendish. That'd be pretty damn nasty.

Kyou

Not all of us have swagged out our Blackbeards yet :p
That's the most exciting thing about this FN for me. A friendlist full of maxed Blackbeards. My wildest dreams will have come true!

Gotta say though, when I used my almighty books on him it looked like it would be 4-5 months before we got his books, if I'd known...

EMT0

Banned
That's the most exciting thing about this FN for me. A friendlist full of maxed Blackbeards. My wildest dreams will have come true!

Gotta say though, when I used my almighty books on him it looked like it would be 4-5 months before we got his books, if I'd known...

That's me and Zoro books right now. Why did I max a Legend I've only used for the novelty factor, even before I got Neko and pals? ;____; We get his books soon, and QCK Law has needs, man.

Voror

A lot of guides recommending units like Gear 3rd or Rayleigh are horribly outdated. There's actually a fair bit of discussion on what the 'best' starting Legend is. On Global, the top three Legends that roll almost all content are Akainu, Timeskip Luffy, and Nekomamushi. Tier 2 Legends that clear most content are QCK Law, Fujitora, Blackbeard, Timeskip Zoro, and to a lesser extent Cavendish and Borsalino/Kizaru. Most other Legends are incredibly tedious to use(Rayleigh/PSY Law), require a 6+ skull in order to become great which is way lategame(Sabo, Whitebeard, sort of Ace), are heavily stacked towards endgame or rare recruit units(Crocodile, Lucci/Hody), are god-tier subs but questionable leads for a new player(Doflamingo, God Usopp), or are just plain bad as content-clearing leads(QCK Hancock, Buggy). Log Luffy is a weird one in that he has an amazing clear rate, but can't be recommended in good conscience while Timeskip Luffy exists as he doesn't hit as hard as he does, and is more annoying to use compared to TS Luffy.

I'd recommend Timeskip Luffy as a starting Legend to almost any newcomer to OPTC due to his being the most F2P out of all the top tier Legends. The class he boosts, Free Spirit, has a steady trail of units to aim for from the early game to the late game that will keep you engaged and constantly planning for the next piece of content. The not-top tier variant of TS Luffy IMO would be Blackbeard, who's a rainbow captain with a 98% F2P clear rate, is a tank captain, ignores all barriers, boasts a very powerful special, and is incredibly reliable for almost any piece of content. Every single unit you farm can find potential use in a Blackbeard team, so you will always feel like you're making progress. He's reliable to this day on the latest content in JP.

Oh that's good to know as I was going off of what was in the OP and such for which ones to really look out for. Is Whitebeard still considered at the top or have things changed for him as well?

So units like TS Luffy or BB would only drop during Sugofests correct? Sort of like Dokkan or Blazing fest characters in DBZ or Naruto that only show up when those kinds of banners appear?

Kyou

So units like TS Luffy or BB would only drop during Sugofests correct? Sort of like Dokkan or Blazing fest characters in DBZ or Naruto that only show up when those kinds of banners appear?

Yeah, they're called Sugofest Exclusive characters, or colloquially everyone just calls them legends, and they're the only characters who can evolve into 6 star characters. The difference between this and, say, Dokkan is that every legend is available every sugofest(with rare exceptions).

Whitebeard is still good, and he's a fine legend if you happen to get him, but if you're rerolling you basically have your choice of any legend and you're going to want to go with Akainu, Luffy or Nekomamushi. Those three are far and away the flat out strongest and have a wide variety of characters that work with their abilities. They'll carry you through the rest of the game.

Voror

Yeah, they're called Sugofest Exclusive characters, or colloquially everyone just calls them legends, and they're the only characters who can evolve into 6 star characters. The difference between this and, say, Dokkan is that every legend is available every sugofest(with rare exceptions).

Whitebeard is still good, and he's a fine legend if you happen to get him, but if you're rerolling you basically have your choice of any legend and you're going to want to go with Akainu, Luffy or Nekomamushi. Those three are far and away the flat out strongest and have a wide variety of characters that work with their abilities. They'll carry you through the rest of the game.

Thanks for the rundown. I guess I'll see about rerolling again once that upcoming Sugofest hits to see how I come out.

EMT0

Banned
1st run of Olvia, get Doffy books to drop. Feed em, 0/2. Alright, that's fine. Next run, last of my natural stamina. Get some more Doffy books. Feed em, 1/2, Doflamingo's special is maxed. Welp. That's my week's agenda already done on the first evening the FN dropped. Tomorrow all my natural stamina goes into farming DEXkiji, as my second one is one special up from max. Although his sockets are pretty damn bad, I'll just worry about that some other day. Neko means regular Aokiji is a complete cakewalk, so I'll see about holding out till some particularly special opportunity to farm Aokiji, like the return of the 2YA Sunny. Once DEXkiji is max special, I'ma just farm Sentomaru, Colo X Drake, and clear Stage 1-4 Colo stages using Shiryu for the rest of the week.

EDIT: Went 2/5 on QCK Law with almighty manuals. We should be getting 5 more when the month rolls over, with any luck I'll get one more skillup on QCK Law so that he'll match Log Kid.

RedBoot

Wasn't going to pull, but a few people seemed to be doing well on Reddit so I decided to do a single pull.

So that's nice. I finally get to be the "One pull one red poster" guy. Got him to skill level 6 with hoarded books, which is a start. Post 6+ evo that's in usable range.

Truth be told I was kind of considering dropping the game, I spent most of my gem hoard on the last sugo for very little return and the "controversy" afterward really soured me, but I guess this'll pull me back in. Lucci's pretty average right now but once we get his 6+, I'll finally have something that can meet/break the 3x ATK barrier without killing itself like Croc and WB. And I do have another (5) red skulls in waiting, since the game was doing its damnedest to not give me a blue one.

Still, I'm amazed that my legend/RR pool is still so heavily favoring "old" units (though the leaked pull rates certainly gel with that). Lucci is now my "newest" legend, 6+'s notwithstanding.

EMT0

Banned
Wasn't going to pull, but a few people seemed to be doing well on Reddit so I decided to do a single pull.

So that's nice. I finally get to be the "One pull one red poster" guy. Got him to skill level 6 with hoarded books, which is a start. Post 6+ evo that's in usable range.

Truth be told I was kind of considering dropping the game, I spent most of my gem hoard on the last sugo for very little return and the "controversy" afterward really soured me, but I guess this'll pull me back in. Lucci's pretty average right now but once we get his 6+, I'll finally have something that can meet/break the 3x ATK barrier without killing itself like Croc and WB. And I do have another (5) red skulls in waiting, since the game was doing its damnedest to not give me a blue one.

Still, I'm amazed that my legend/RR pool is still so heavily favoring "old" units (though the leaked pull rates certainly gel with that). Lucci is now my "newest" legend, 6+'s notwithstanding.

Congrats on the Legend, and I'm glad you're still here with us. Lucci turns into an absolute beast of a unit when he gets his 6+, and Powerhouse is arguably the best class in Japan. Lucci IMO has the best speedrunning team in the game, requiring only 4 turns to burst for 3M to all colors. He's the Legend with the most synergy with Akainu, and hits like a goddamn truck when Sandersonia/Marigold's RR variants drop. Even the all-F2P variants are crazy good due to having a F2P 2x orb and class boost.

chrono01

Congrats!

Reading Reddit, it seems like a lot of people's "boycott" of not spending anymore until Bandai Namco fixes the rates (or makes them visible) didn't last long. Things will never changes as long as whales whale it up, and I doubt they'll stop anytime soon.

Oh well, I guess we have that "increased chance" at G4 Luffy to look forward to for our anniversary, I doubt they'll give us the guaranteed at a sixth multi-pull.

RedBoot

Congrats on the Legend, and I'm glad you're still here with us. Lucci turns into an absolute beast of a unit when he gets his 6+, and Powerhouse is arguably the best class in Japan. Lucci IMO has the best speedrunning team in the game, requiring only 4 turns to burst for 3M to all colors. He's the Legend with the most synergy with Akainu, and hits like a goddamn truck when Sandersonia/Marigold's RR variants drop. Even the all-F2P variants are crazy good due to having a F2P 2x orb and class boost.

Yeah, already looking forward to the Fuji and Sanji raids now (and some of the other nice F2P options coming soon). I don't have all of Global's current Powerhouse RRs (no 3D2Y Sanji, just Blueno, and I'm probably better off with the upcoming Story Hody), but I do have Whitebeard and Legend Marco, so I've got some options. Also got Zeo in my ill-advised pulls from last sugo, so between this and my WB teams, he's gonna get a workout.

And yeah, gonna stick with the game after this. Probably still going to go a bit easy, no more worrying about maxing everything. Just gotta wait for Ray, Lucci, and Ace to get their 6+'s on Global...

Oh well, I guess we have that "increased chance" at G4 Luffy to look forward to for our anniversary, I doubt they'll give us the guaranteed at a sixth multi-pull.

That's another reason I'm not as bothered by spending most of my saved gems last sugo...I was saving for G4 and now I doubt that we'll get the same deal as JPN did.

Plus, I might be better off saving for Lucy now anyway.

EMT0

Banned
Congrats!

Reading Reddit, it seems like a lot of people's "boycott" of not spending anymore until Bandai Namco fixes the rates (or makes them visible) didn't last long. Things will never changes as long as whales whale it up, and I doubt they'll stop anytime soon.

It's incredibly disappointing :/

EDIT: I never fail to feel incredibly dumb every time I jump into a Colo stage 1-4 and accidentally tap double stamina. What a waste :'(

Top Bottom