• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

demu

I'm sick and tired of Pokken and fighting games in general. I agree that FIFA multiplayer would be more fun, but this is a once in a lifetime chance to see football @ EZA. That would certainly be interesting.

Auctopus

I'd have voted for it if it was multiplayer. Screw single player modes for a group stream when there's multiplayer there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sentiment behind the votes was "Let's do FIFA Story Mode so the Allies will make fun of it."

abrack08

I think the driving factors are 1. Not wanting to see Pokken again, and 2. Huber saying "let's kick some goals!" a few weeks ago. Not a full blown EZA meme but maybe a mini-meme.

Personally, I don't really care about soccer but I thought the Madden story mode was so good I wanna see what the FIFA one is all about.

mcw

I'd love to see FIFA on the group stream. Any chance they could bring in someone to add an element of authenticity? I would settle for someone with an accent that you might hear in a country where football is popular.

I was catching up on Maximilian's stream last night and caught that easyallies subbed to his channel. Which is pretty cool since Max has subbed to EZA for a while. And then their chat started posting L&R responses. Cool moment

MrMette

Dunno what Spin Masters is but I'm voting for it over the other two :p

I have done the same thing. I don't think a Fifa Story mode will make a good stream and we already had Pokken group streams before. But as far as I can see, it's going to be either Fifa or Pokken.
Not sure which one of those I prefer to be honest for a group stream. If I had to choose to play one of these 3 myself, I would certainly choose Fifa, but for a groupstream, I think a game like Spin Master will probably work best.

Mikey Jr.

Lots of crappy choices this week. Voted Fifa, but they should put up a 4th option.

4: Take the day off.

They should try some fortnite battle royale.

ShadyK54

Lots of crappy choices this week. Voted Fifa, but they should put up a 4th option.

4: Take the day off.

They should try some fortnite battle royale.

No point in putting an option that probably won’t get voted for lol.

They could make something from nothing & walk away with new EZMeme’s or whatever.

I'd love to see FIFA on the group stream. Any chance they could bring in someone to add an element of authenticity? I would settle for someone with an accent that you might hear in a country where football is popular.

I think David Beckham is hard to get ahold of.

wandering

Banned

How about Luke? Dunno how popular it is in Australia, but he could pass for British in a pinch.

I have done the same thing. I don't think a Fifa Story mode will make a good stream and we already had Pokken group streams before. But as far as I can see, it's going to be either Fifa or Pokken.
Not sure which one of those I prefer to be honest for a group stream. If I had to choose to play one of these 3 myself, I would certainly choose Fifa, but for a groupstream, I think a game like Spin Master will probably work best.

It's not like they're locked into playing the story mode for two full hours, they could probably quit out and play an exhibition match after a while. But with Pokken, we're stuck watching that mess no matter what, unless Don graces us with a last minute change like the last tournament.

I posted a while back that I'd love to see Huber or Bosman do a full playthrough of FIFA's Journey mode, but I'd more than settle for a group stream of it.

It's utter shite, so it'd be very good to see their take on the whole thing.

Hasney

Voted Not pokken so FIFA since it's the largest not pokken option.

This will be a real test to a Nintendo game always winning or not theory

It'll probably still win

Not really. Last Pokken stream was fantastic and the other options are terrible.

Since I like the original FIFA story mode, I don't know why I would vote for spoilers.

MrMette

It's not like they're locked into playing the story mode for two full hours, they could probably quit out and play an exhibition match after a while. But with Pokken, we're stuck watching that mess no matter what, unless Don graces us with a last minute change like the last tournament.

Because we already had a pokken stream, I would probably choose Fifa as a second pick.
That said, an other problem with sports games is that most of them don't play them (or don't like to play them). As long as it is not apparent that most of them are playing it against their will, it's fine by me. I am intrigued by that game as I do love to play sports games. I just remember stuff like the NBA Playgrounds game (which I did play afterwards en I did enjoy it myself).

That said, I will watch the stream anyway because most of the time I like their discussions/banter during the stream more than the actual gameplay and I will probably have the stream on while I am playing Forza Motorsports 7 this weekend anyway (if Microsoft starts pre-loading somewhere in the beginning of this week as I am not sure how quickly that 90+GB will download otherwise).

Not really. Last Pokken stream was fantastic and the other options are terrible.

Since I like the original FIFA story mode, I don't know why I would vote for spoilers.
While I don't need an other Pokken stream (I don't think a lot has changed compared to the Wii U version), I do understand that people playing Fifa don't like the story mode spoiled.

I try not to play too many sports games anymore (although I love playing them) as I spend way too much time with them and have a crazy backlog as is right now, but back when I did play them (and after they did add story modes to sports games), the story mode was probably my favorite mode.
I haven't played Fifa since Fifa 09 however (and played a lot more NBA 2K as I have played basketball myself), so never played the Fifa stroy mode, but I can see not wanting to be spoiled.

Mista Koo

They've streamed Pokken twice, voted for FIFA cuz maaaaaybe it could work for a group stream?
Frankly I don't think the current voting system works anymore, even though I originally became a patron because of it. I'd go for a free for all name counting style, with new entries getting a multiplier first time they're added, then Kyle chooses 1-3 from those to stream.

As for FIFA itself: when one guy moved away from my group of friends for a few months and another joined we completely obliterated FIFA from our hangouts to become a strictly fighting game group *dancing girl emoji*

Speaking of mainstream multiplayer games I absolutely don't care about, I started playing Destiny 2. It was a game I only made fun of to tease friends since I don't play much shooters nor online games. I jokingly suggested that I would pick it up and now I'm actually enjoying it!

I'd settle for offensively bad British accents from everyone :p

How about Luke? Dunno how popular it is in Australia, but he could pass for British in a pinch.
Don't they play their own version of football with its own rules down there?

but I find myself just completely skipping Frame Trap because it's so long
I've been skipping it since I stopped listening to it in full, so now I only listen to it when I'm on a device that supports timestamps.

Wow I was coming in here wondering about that because normally it didn't seem that straight forward personally but I was also a bit afraid to ask.
Also worried that maybe I had not done so correctly when referring to Ian in the past.
We'll hear the other allies refer to Ian with the way he prefers when she has a specific preferred pronoun. For now according to that tweet they don't have a specific preferred one (so there were no assumption from Diprosalic, but from the others).

Watched the podcast after listening to it in the car, and Jone's face slowly changing as he hears more about the NES Golf on Switch story brings me great enjoyment.

Deimo5

Lol Pokken again, though it is pretty close. I would like to see Fifa. Only really know the NBA 2k mycareer stories which are kinda dumb so seeing how they compare could be interesting.

Hasney

Lol Pokken again, though it is pretty close. I would like to see Fifa. Only really know the NBA 2k mycareer stories which are kinda dumb so seeing how they compare could be interesting.

It's a lot tighter than NBA, you only play select games and there's a lot of cutscenes in a high concentration.

Hasney

Maybe they shouldn't put it against bad choices.

giphy.gif

UrbanRats

I never watch these streams (mostly because they're too long and too late in the night, for me), but a FIFA tournament would probably get me to tune in, lol.

Thankfully it's Pokken, so i won't have to bother. :p

Hasney

Eh. Pokken is a far worse choice than FIFA. But Nintendo I guess, so it'll always have the general advantage.

Not at all when they're playing a career mode that people who like the games won't want to be spoiled on. I'd have voted for it if they were just kicking some goals.

Not at all when they're playing a career mode that people who like the games won't want to be spoiled on. I'd have voted for it if they were just kicking some goals.

Okay. So the Allies really need to fix their group stream choices. There's so many great games out that I'm not sure why we always get stuck with a Nintendo game vs. some stuff that never has a chance of winning.

Xenoboy

Okay. So the Allies really need to fix their group stream choices. There's so many great games out that I'm not sure why we always get stuck with a Nintendo game vs. some stuff that never has a chance of winning.

Geez, stop complaining. Pokkén came out last week, it gets on the poll, same with Fifa. If people want to vote for Pokkén, then they probably like to watch it or liked it last time. There hasn't even been one Nintendo game for a month.

Mista Koo

I really hope they do LAN battle, otherwise we're stuck with this:

6qFqLaw.jpg

I was considering getting the game since I enjoyed the demo, but then I remembered this was the only way to do local versus on one Switch :/

Geez, stop complaining. Pokkén came out last week, it gets on the poll, same with Fifa. If people want to vote for Pokkén, then they probably like to watch it or liked it last time. There hasn't even been one Nintendo game for a month.
image.php

Karu

Voted FIFA. Might end up sucking, but I will take my chances to see them play a legit sports game on stream once! :D

What could possibly be spoiled in, probably less than, the first 2 hours?

I expect they'd even keep redoing the training sections until they've got decent scores too. You'd probably see 3 or 4 cut scenes at most.

Stop complaining? Uh... okay pal.

I'll voice my complaints if I feel like it.

Hasney

What could possibly be spoiled in, probably less than, the first 2 hours?

I expect they'd even keep redoing the training sections until they've got decent scores too. You'd probably see 3 or 4 cut scenes at most.

That's enough for me. Any story based single player game I am interested in playing I'm not going to watch the group stream for, so I'd vote against it.

Xenoboy

Stop complaining? Uh... okay pal.

I'll voice my complaints if I feel like it.

You're complaining about the same thing frequently when any Nintendo game shows up. Like should they never show up? Sorry because some (many) want to watch something they find fun.

Top Bottom