• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | September 2017

Nintendo Switch - eShop Originals

07 - NeuroVoider - Flying Oak Games - $13.99
07 - Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition - Lichthund/Crunching Koalas - $9.99
07 - The Bridge - QuantumAstroGuild - $9.99
07 - Double Dragon IV - Arc System Works
14 - Kingdom: New Lands - Raw Fury - $14.99
20 - Morphite - Crescent Moon Games/Blowfish Studios
20 - Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase - City Connection/Dispatch Games - $29.99
21 - SteamWorld Dig 2 - Image & Form
22 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 - Dimps/Bandai Namco Games
22 - Pokkén Tournament DX - Bandai Namco Games/Nintendo - $59.99
?? - Golf Story - SideBar Games
?? - Wulverblade - Darkwind Media
?? - Thimbleweed Park - Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick/Terrible Toybox

07 - Blue's Journey - NeoGeo - ADK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/C$9.87

15 - Metroid: Samus Returns - MercurySteam/Nintendo - $39.99

Bout to be broooooke.

Has anyone tried RBI Baseball or seen a review?

I'd love to have a half-decent baseball game on the go but suspect I'm probably better off waiting till Hamster released Baseball Stars 2.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Guys
If I try to buy the eshop version of street fighter ultra on amazon UK there is a message warning that the content is only for UK residents

I am from Italy
Do you think I can buy and use it?

TheMoon

Guys
If I try to buy the eshop version of street fighter ultra on amazon UK there is a message warning that the content is only for UK residents

I am from Italy

region freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bazry

Guys

I am from Italy

Why wouldn't you just get it on the eShop from Italy?

I posted a Paypal offer earlier in the thread that gets you £5 off a £20 spend, apparently, it works in Europe to

deadfolk

Guys

I am from Italy

I bought Mario Kart from amazon.co.uk and it redeemed on my Irish account.

I'd say worst case is even if it doesn't redeem in your Italian account, you could create a UK account for it.

Ondore

Has anyone tried RBI Baseball or seen a review?

I'd love to have a half-decent baseball game on the go but suspect I'm probably better off waiting till Hamster released Baseball Stars 2.

I'm playing it for review right now, already had three "crash to desktop" issues. It's a no frills baseball sim, so if you're looking for something fun I think Hamster is the best hope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
LOL so I check my birthday discounts, 14 offers.

....there's only ONE VC title, & it's Yoshi's Story of all things for $1.40.

...............BUT I OWN IT ON WII VC, SO I'M SAVING 10 CENTS, THANKS NINTENDO.

I got a better idea, let me choose my own damn game to take a discount on.

L~A

North America:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Monster Hunter Stories – When a monster strikes, the fearful hide. But the brave? They ride. Venture into monster nests to collect eggs and hatch a wide array of species with uniquely powerful skills. Form teams, battle alongside them, crush opponents with combo attacks and ride into the sunset a champion. Need more muscle? Then mix and match genes to create monsters with more abilities. The Monster Hunter Stories game will be available on Sept. 8. A demo version of the game is available for download now in Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition – Rayman, Globox and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. In this platforming classic, the gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day. The Rayman Legends Definitive Edition game will be available on Sept. 12.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

My Nintendo Rewards – Celebrate the return of Samus with these themed Metroid rewards. Redeem points to get up to 50 percent off on select Metroid titles, including the original Game Boy classic Metroid II – Return of Samus game on the Virtual Console service on Nintendo 3DS, before you experience the new, reimagined Metroid: Samus Returns game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

- Metroid II – Return of Samus (Nintendo 3DS): 30 percent off
- Metroid (Wii U/Nintendo 3DS): 50 percent off
- Metroid: Other M (Wii U): 50 percent off

You can purchase the digital version of the Metroid: Samus Returns game on Nintendo eShop or Game Store on Nintendo.com, and redeem your Gold Points for the Metroid: Samus Returns Nintendo 3DS Home Theme (Nintendo 3DS).

You can also redeem your My Nintendo points for these new custom wallpapers for your computer or compatible mobile device:

- Metroid: Samus Returns wallpaper A
- Metroid: Samus Returns wallpaper B

Also new this week:

- Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Double Dragon 4 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- The Bridge (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO BLUE’S JOURNEY (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- NeuroVoider (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Physical Contact: 2048 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Crystareino (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- China Warrior (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- DETANA TWIN BEE (Virtual Console on Wii U)

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Monster Hunter Stories (Nintendo, available September 8) - €39.99/£34.99
Prepare to embark on an RPG adventure unlike anything the Monster Hunter series has ever known. In Monster Hunter Stories, become a Rider and bond with monsters to raise their potential and unleash powerful combos. Players can fly, swim and crash into new areas of the map, discover eggs to collect and hatch, and participate in turn-based battles with a party of multiple monsters.

Bonus if you download from Nintendo eShop: Exclusive “Explorer Set” Monsties Zinogre (Fire), Rathian (Water), Yian Kut-Ku (Ice), Lagombi (Thunder). The download code will be shown on-screen after the download.

Crystareino (KEMCO) - €9.99/£8.99
Suddenly summoned to a mysterious world, what will the hero protect and lose? As always, the protagonist is training hard with his teacher Eppol, in order to become a respectable hero. After a training session, a mysterious light appears in front of them, engulfing the two. Summoned to another world, the two are bewildered by the situation and begin a journey to find a way to get back to their home world. Create the ultimate character by mastering up to 20 classes! Fill up the gauge in turn-based battles to unleash the ability only a Hero has; the Brave Burst. As you travel, you will come across more than 20 characters scattered around the world. You can even befriend characters who are not relevant to the story! If you want to be a true hero in a fantasy RPG, don't forget to help the townspeople by accepting the various subquests!

Special offers
Breakout Defense (nuGAME, New 3DS only) - €4.90/£4.20 (Ends October 5, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Adventure Bar Story (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.91 (Ends September 28, normally €4.99/£4.89)
Adventure Labyrinth Story (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends September 28, normally €5.00/£4.50)
Conveni Dream (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.00/£3.60 (Ends September 28, normally €5.00/£4.50)
Drancia Saga (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.00/£3.99 (Ends September 28, normally €5.00/£4.99)
Kingdom's Item Shop (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.00/£3.83 (Ends September 28, normally €5.00/£4.79)
Mercenaries Saga 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.91 (Ends September 28, normally €4.99/£4.89)
Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends September 28, normally €4.99/£3.99)
Alien on the run (Joindots) - €2.49/£2.09 (Ends September 21, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Chain Blaster (Joindots) - €2.49/£2.09 (Ends September 21, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - €3.49/£2.49 (Ends September 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jump Trials Supreme (Joindots) - €2.49/£2.09 (Ends September 21, normally €4.99/£4.19)
Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €3.49/£2.49 (Ends September 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
I am an air traffic controller AIRPORT HERO NARITA (Sonic Powered) - €7.49/£6.74 (Ends September 28, normally €14.99/£13.49)
I am an air traffic controller AIRPORT HERO OSAKA-KIX (Sonic Powered) - €7.49/£6.74 (Ends September 28, normally €14.99/£13.49)
Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey to Kyoto (Sonic Powered) - €7.49/£6.74 (Ends September 28, normally €14.99/£13.49)
Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey to Okinawa (Sonic Powered) - €7.49/£6.74 (Ends September 28, normally €14.99/£13.49)
Rytmik Ultimate (Cinemax) - €8.99/£7.99 (Ends September 28, normally €17.99/£15.99)
Skypeace (Sonic Powered) - €0.49/£0.44 (Ends September 28, normally €0.99/£0.89)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends September 21, normally €8.99/£7.99)
Word Search 10K (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends September 21, normally €7.99/£5.99)

Nintendo eShop (Switch)

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis) - €39.99/£35.99
Isaac has discovered a labyrinth beneath his own house, filled with monsters, power-ups and unimaginable treasure. Can he survive the physical challenges and psychological trials of a world he never made? The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is a dungeon-crawling shoot-'em-up that’s literally a different game each and every time you play it! The randomly generated maps are built with over 11,000 unique room configurations, each populated with a nearly endless variety of enemies, items, challenges and secrets!

R.B.I. Baseball 17 (Nighthawk Interactive) - €29.99/£26.99
Your breakout MLB season is on Nintendo Switch! R.B.I. Baseball 17 returns in the fourth edition of the classic franchise, developed by MLB.com. Fun, fast paced, high-octane baseball action bring back R.B.I’s pick-up-and-play roots. Take control of your game with reactive pitching and batting systems that allow for in-the-moment decisions. R.B.I. 17 is packed with 30 authentic ballparks, advanced stat tracking, season game sims and roster updates throughout the season. R.B.I. Baseball is back, you gotta come ready to play!

LEGO Worlds (WARNER BROS. PICTURES) - €29.99/£24.99
EXPLORE. DISCOVER. CREATE. TOGETHER. LEGO Worlds is an open environment of procedurally-generated Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Create anything you can imagine one brick at a time, or use large-scale landscaping tools to create vast mountain ranges and dot your world with tropical islands. Drop in prefabricated structures to build and customize any world to your liking. Explore using helicopters, dragons, motorbikes or even gorillas and unlock treasures that enhance your gameplay. Watch your creations come to life through characters and creatures that interact with you and each other in unexpected ways. In LEGO Worlds, anything is possible!

ACA NEOGEO BLUE'S JOURNEY (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
"BLUE'S JOURNEY" is a side-scrolling action game released by SNK in 1991. In order to save the planet Raguy from the invasion of the Daruma tribe, the hero Blue must fight using leaves, boomerangs, and a variety of other weapons along with his special ability to change his body size. The branching stages allow you to enjoy the game again and again.

Double Dragon 4 (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €9.49/£8.59
The next entry in the side-scrolling action game series Double Dragon is finally here! The story picks up after the elimination of the Black Warriors in Double Dragon II! Experience all-new exhilarating action with the original old-school graphics! Use the art of Sou-Setsu-Ken to rescue the kidnapped Marian! Plus, new enemy characters including ninjas, karate masters, and sumo wrestlers, none of which have been seen in Double Dragon before! There are lots of extra modes, too! Cool new features fans have been waiting for! Playable enemy characters, VS Mode, Tower Mode, and even more!

Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition (Crunching Koalas) - €9.99/£8.99
In a land filled with Penguin Vikings, Wurst Zombies, and Hipster Ice Giants, survival is an art. Fortunately, an ancient champion with an elegant weapon has been summoned to please the Gods and restore balance to the universe. Grab your lightspear, become a Germonaut, and traverse lands straight out of Germanic myths. Survive with style and expand your powers to fight for the glory and amusement of the almighty Gods.

NeuroVoider (Plug In Digital) - €13.99/£12.99
NeuroVoider* is a twin-stick shooter RPG set in a cyber futuristic world about brains shooting around evil robots with nuclear rocket launchers. Battle through the horde of vigilant robots, boost your character with the smoking remains of your victims, and defeat the master NeuroVoider to end this eternal war. Play it coop with up to 4 friends, or go alone in an adventure of hack'n'slash rampage, with a pinch of rogue-lite, and some permadeath. * may contain explosions.

Physical Contact: 2048 (Collavier) - €5.00/£4.49
Physical contact: 2048 is a casual but head-minded game that aims at higher values by coalescing the same blocks in the region.

The Bridge (The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild) - €9.99/£8.99
The Bridge is a logic puzzle game that forces you to reevaluate your preconceptions of physics and perspective. It is Isaac Newton meets M. C. Escher. Manipulate gravity to redefine the ceiling as the floor while venturing through impossible architectures. Explore increasingly difficult worlds, each uniquely detailed and designed to leave you with a pronounced sense of intellectual accomplishment. The Bridge exemplifies games as an art form, with beautifully hand-drawn art in the style of a black-and-white lithograph.

LEGO Worlds: Classic Space Pack (WARNER BROS. PICTURES, Add-on Content) - €3.99/£3.29

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic (SNOWCASTLEAS) - €9.99/£8.99
EARTHLOCK: Festival of Magic is an adventure RPG inspired by the classic 3D RPGs of the late 90's, with a fresh take on turn based combat and character progression. Enter a beautiful world haunted by its fateful past and join a party of unlikely heroes on their journey to rescue Amon's uncle from an ancient cult and uncover the secret of EARTHLOCK.

The Gem Collector (TreeFall Studios) - €2.99/£2.69
Embark on an adventure as Nomi, the volunteer gem collector from the Earth Tribe. Run, jump, fight enemies, solve puzzles, and collect gems in over 21 levels. Enjoy the 2D platforming madness with a friend, as the entire game can be played with drop-in and drop-out Co-Op. Push your skills to the max with hundreds of collectibles to find and intense situations to manoeuvre through. Any fan of traditional 2D Platformers will be right at home with this game, get ready, and start collecting!

Special offers
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studios) - €6.99/£5.99 (Ends September 21, normally €13.99/£11.99)
Severed (Drinkbox Studios) - €7.49/£5.99 (Ends September 21, normally €14.99/£11.99)
PING 1.5+ (Nami Tentou) - €1.34/£1.19 (Ends September 21, normally €4.49/£3.99)
PSIBO (Nami Tentou) - €1.34/£1.19 (Ends September 21, normally €4.49/£3.99)
Word Logic by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.19/£6.39 (Ends September 21, normally €8.99/£7.99)

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
The new themes will be available on September 8.

Hello Kitty behind a strawberry (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty hides behind a sweet strawberry

Iconic Hello Kitty (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty in her iconic style

Hello Kitty surrounded by pink (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty is surrounded by cute pink things

Hello Kitty swims under the sea (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty is swimming as a pretty mermaid under the deep sea

Tropical style (Mister Men) - €0.99/£0.89
Tropical style in Hawaii

Sunshine is in Australia (Mister Men) - €0.99/£0.89
Little Miss Sunshine is enjoying her journey in Sydney

jonno394

Ok this looks pretty rad

It is, but i suck at it lol! It's basically akin to Isaac or Gungeon. Like isaac you have a set number of levels required to play to get to the end, but right now i haven't even made it past 3! All levels are procedurally generated for size, enemies, loot type and amount etc. Difficulty is high, and in 4 player co-op i could imagine it being amazing chaos.

You play levels, collect parts from downed enemies, change parts and weapons between levels (all change stats, weapons and cosmetics) then play more levels and fight bosses every now and then!

Bosses are tough, i was destroyed within like 2 seconds against one due to my health and their DPS. Some "boss" levels aren't actually bosses and can be a timed level with self destruct mode or a level where you can barely see, so that keep you on your toes

tolkir

Dragonball Xenoverse for Nintendo Switch... Really?
Idiotic Icon.

The game is named that way, same with Monster Hunter XX.
Bandai Namco must have learnt it when co-developed Smash with Nintendo. Maybe it's a hint to a future Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch.

How can The Binding of Isaac be 39.99€? It's 14.99€ on Steam. I could have accepted 20€, but 40€ is absolutely ridiculous.

tolkir

How can The Binding of Isaac be 39.99€? It's 14.99€ on Steam. I could have accepted 20€, but 40€ is absolutely ridiculous.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2405/The_Binding_of_Isaac_Rebirth_Complete_Bundle/ It's the complete bundle.

Btw, I bought Double Dragon IV because I wanted to test the PCGameSupply deal on US store and the game is cheaper there. Only I played 2 missions but it was boring, probably will improve with the multiplayer.
There isn't trace of the PS4 screen tearing on portable mode.

jariw

For September 14 on the EU eShop, 36 Fragments of Midnight and Beach Buggy Racing has been added to the eShop's "Coming soon" list.

Refyref

Sadly, from what has been said since its initial release, Double Dragon IV is a disappointment, but I'm still somewhat curious about it. Going from a comment above, it seems like the Switch version might not be completely broken technically, so I'll wait and see if I can find a few more impressions about that, and perhaps buy it. Either way, I guess we'll all have to wait until the localization of Fighting of Double Dragon 2016 (as part of River City Rival Showdown, the RCR remake) for any competent Double Dragon related thing anytime soon.

japtor

It is, but i suck at it lol! It's basically akin to Isaac or Gungeon. Like isaac you have a set number of levels required to play to get to the end, but right now i haven't even made it past 3! All levels are procedurally generated for size, enemies, loot type and amount etc. Difficulty is high, and in 4 player co-op i could imagine it being amazing chaos.

You play levels, collect parts from downed enemies, change parts and weapons between levels (all change stats, weapons and cosmetics) then play more levels and fight bosses every now and then!

Bosses are tough, i was destroyed within like 2 seconds against one due to my health and their DPS. Some "boss" levels aren't actually bosses and can be a timed level with self destruct mode or a level where you can barely see, so that keep you on your toes
I saw the PR saying it had an auto aim single joy con option for multiplayer or something, curious how (well) that works and/or if there’s a way to play with manual aim, like dual stick predecessors on SNES that used the buttons to shoot directions.

Mostly looking for stuff 4P that can be played semi mindlessly like Gauntlet, like dungeon crawler/beat em up. Been keeping an eye on Nine Parchments but this looks like it could be pretty cool in the meantime.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Thanks everyone.

Why wouldn't you just get it on the eShop from Italy?

I posted a Paypal offer earlier in the thread that gets you £5 off a £20 spend, apparently, it works in Europe to

Fact is that I have an amazon.UK gift code.
About that PayPal offer I got it but I have a question
It is in £ so I don't know if it will work also entering the eshop from Italy and seeing prices in €

Does anybody knows it?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Lego icon will be updated (We don't know when)
Current -> New
->
From zero to overload in one easy step.

So, LA Noire being upon us, any impressions from fellow gaffers?

deadfolk

About the original version? I really enjoyed it.

The story was great, it looked great (at the time - I'm not sure it's held up too well on that front). The interviews were a bit strange, though. You had dialogue choices where you had to decide if the other character was telling the truth or whatever, and sometimes this results in some very odd conversations where your guy would suddenly go into a mad rage. Made him come off like a nutter. May have been intentional, but it was jarring.

Just don't expect it to be GTA in 50's LA. The open world city is great, but it's only there as a backdrop for the levels and as excellent scene setting. There is nothing at all to do in it and no reason to explore other than for explorations' sake. That's not intended as a criticism; it's just not that kind of game, though for obvious reasons it's easy to fall into the trap of expecting it to be.

I'll likely pick it up to play through again on Switch if it's a good port.

It was... neat.

The face mapping tech in the game was pretty impressive (loved seeing actors I recognized in the game) and I liked going through the cases, but I didn't enjoy the gameplay or the overall story much.

The shooting was serviceable, but the "walking around a crime scene looking for clues" stuff was a little tedious and the interviewing part of the game is a bit clunky. You may have seen some of the gaming comics making fun of it, like you choose to "Doubt" a statement a person made, but you end up shouting at them and calling them a fucking liar, haha.

The individual cases were pretty enjoyable (especially a building explosion case), but the main storyline fell apart for me eventually, particularly because of the main character. I don't remember much of it, just that they made some really stupid choices (that you have no control over, sadly).

I don't regret playing it, but I don't think it's one I'd return to anytime soon.

I loved the setting and it's one of the few stories in video games I actually enjoyed.

It's honestly not one of Rockstar's best games overall though. That being said, I think it's worth checking out and I'll be picking up the Switch version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Guys how that PayPal offer work?
Is it valid also for eshop digital card bought through the eshop?
If I buy a digital eshop card of 20£ where will I see the 5£ off?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
About the original version? I really enjoyed it.

<snip>

It was... neat.

<snip>

I loved the setting and it's one of the few stories in video games I actually enjoyed.

It's honestly not one of Rockstar's best games overall though. That being said, I think it's worth checking out and I'll be picking up the Switch version.
Thanks for the impressions, guys. So given I'm not looking for a GTA, but more of a detective/mystery game with a believable backdrop, Noire should meet my expectations. Cool.

Li Kao

I thought about buying another set of Joycon and saw on Amazon and Fnac that the Splatoon 2 themed ones are 90 euros. Is that MSRP or price gouging due to rarity ?

Phoenixus

Guys how that PayPal offer work?
Is it valid also for eshop digital card bought through the eshop?
If I buy a digital eshop card of 20£ where will I see the 5£ off?

Yup, selecting a top up via the eshop is probably the easiest way of redeeming it. You should see it reflected in your PayPal email receipt. It'll say something to the effect of only taking £15 from your bank account and crediting your eshop account with £20.

Oh, make sure the offer is listed on your PayPal account's Wallet details, obviously it won't work if you haven't already selected it. :p

I'm definitely looking at getting Rayman and Golf Story this month.

If 60 dollars fell out of the sky, I would get Mario + Rabbids, but instead it's looking like I'll need to wait a few more months before I can afford that one.

Here are some pictures of Neurovoider:

8fsu7.jpg
aws3p.jpg
cos9p.jpg
bdsgo.jpg
posah.jpg
11shp.jpg
9jsvm.jpg

I've been enjoying the game so far.

There are 3 classes to play and each run lets you choose 1 skill from out of 20+ to activate for that run.

You can change classes after you beat a level only if you have 2 pieces of equipment from the class you want to change to. For example, if I start with the Dash class and I want to change to the Rampage class, I need a helmet and an armor from the Rampage class to change.

Gear comes in 5 colors: common, uncommon, rare, special and glitched.

You find gear from killing enemies or by blowing up boxes around the level. You can also forge gear using the currency, Scrap. You can sell unwanted gear for Scrap.

You can only use gear that's associated with your current class. I believe there's a skill you can pick in the beginning that lets you only find equipment for whichever class you picked.

You can equip a gun to your left and right hand. Rocket launchers, machine guns, lasers. You can mix and match.

After a level, you can use Scrap to heal yourself, boost your gear and forge new gear.

When you proceed to the next level, there are 3 choices for the map, which are random. Some maps are big, but contain a little loot. Some are small but contain more enemies and more loot. There's a bar for each stat (loot, size, enemies) And from there you can choose which you want. You can use Scrap to randomize the 3 choices if you want. There's also a token you can use to skip a level, which helps you reach the end quicker but I think these are only available during special maps.

There are custom seeds in case others want to try the same run as you. There are also daily runs.

One thing I'm not crazy about is there's no sense of progression. What I mean is (as far as I know) you don't unlock anything. You try your best to get to the goal...and it seems you can loop after you beat the game. Getting to the goal is no easy task, btw. This might be minor to some or major to others.

Personally, I wish there were unlocks. It doesn't put a damper on the fun I'm having but it definitely tells me I won't be putting in an insane amount of hours into it. After I reach the goal, I'll be able to see whether I want to continue playing.

There's more I can say about the game but for now these are my first impressions and so far, they are positive except for the whole no unlocks thing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

It's an unintentionally hilarious game at times. It's also fun, but don't take it too seriously. I'd recommend it, especially if it comes out at that $39.99 price.

Top Bottom