• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I still think Violet and Doc's occasional lag can be mostly fixed by a small bump in upload speed. I know that whenever I do a speedtest on my Wii U browser, my upload is capped at around 2 Mbp/s, so maybe aim for that whenever you guys are ready to upgrade your connection.

Kicko

I'm always going to call them ABXY.

ABXY is a great name for a multitude of reasons, but I liked it most because it references Nintendo's 16-bit era. The English name is stating the obvious, yes the 'vocals' are chirpy, and yes the music is chip tuned. Perhaps they're trying to cater to the new generation of gamers, those who weren't around during the SNES days.

Still, as an older gamer who started with the 2600, I like being reminded of my experiences during my upbringing. Therefore, they will always be ABXY with me.

noshten

Finally getting a chance to play on the changed Maps today - so far I'm really enjoying the expansions - making Underpass larger and providing extra platforms on Mall. It makes the matches less mechanical - since it's pretty difficult to predict movements. Probably going to have a tough time on Underpass as a charger - but playing on Moray and Rig I ranked up playing with the E-Liter. While Mall is finally playable with a Roller.

NOA also reckon unstable connections are due to the server. Maybe the game isn't all p2p in matches. Still a few users being bullied by the server so that 100% of their games get dropped is harder to wrap my head around than something changing in the games netcode. Maybe this is complicated for them too and probably not what they want with added general load plus a splatfest.

Using IKA costume with a boy feels sooo strange lol
It's not a dress man its a tunic....tuuniiic...tooon link.
I think the male version is shorter too, I wouldn't know because Spyke is charging too much :(

Also wait until you play Zelda Triforce Heroes. Link can wear a dress in that game...as opposed to just wearing a tunic.

Hooooolllyyy shit! Since when van you change your setup between matches? Is that squad exclusive?
Sadly Squad exclusive. I think the idea is you would want to change setup if like you all want to wear the same clothes or have a certain weapon setup and in squads you will always be on the same teams. In randoms you might as well join another set.

NOA also reckon unstable connections are due to the server. Maybe the game isn't all p2p in matches. Still a few users being bullied by the server so that 100% of their games get dropped is harder to wrap my head around than something changing in the games netcode. Maybe this is complicated for them too and probably not what they want with added general load plus a splatfest.

I think the male version is shorter too, I wouldn't know because Spyke is charging too much :(

Also wait until you play Zelda Triforce Heroes. Link can wear a dress in that game...as opposed to just wearing a tunic.

Sadly Squad exclusive. I think the idea is you would want to change setup if like you all want to wear the same clothes or have a certain weapon setup and in squads you will always be on the same teams. In randoms you might as well join another set.

Squad and private matches exclusive*

phanphare

Banned
well in a turn of events I won't be going out of town this weekend

so I'll be able to participate in the splatfest

so now the question is wieners or mallows? I don't really care one way or the other this time so which seems to be more popular?

javac

He only charged me around 5000 for it. I was shocked, maybe because it was only 2 stars? I remember ordering a hat and when I saw the price he wanted I walked away.

ABXY is a great name for a multitude of reasons, but I liked it most because it references Nintendo's 16-bit era. The English name is stating the obvious, yes the 'vocals' are chirpy, and yes the music is chip tuned. Perhaps they're trying to cater to the new generation of gamers, those who weren't around during the SNES days.

Still, as an older gamer who started with the 2600, I like being reminded of my experiences during my upbringing. Therefore, they will always be ABXY with me.

I'd like to pretend it's a name change cause America :p

Vecks

Splat zones are not working out for me. Had some really bad matches in underpass. The middle is so chaotic. Some dynamos were just wrecking in there. I guess I'll have to wait for tower control. Played ranked for about an hour and saw only 1 slosher. It doesn't seem that popular yet, but I wonder how well it works on tower control.

Geg

well in a turn of events I won't be going out of town this weekend

so I'll be able to participate in the splatfest

so now the question is wieners or mallows? I don't really care one way or the other this time so which seems to be more popular?

Marshmallows are more popular on miiverse and Inkopolis, while hot dogs have more support from gaf it seems.

Though with the update counting win percentage as x4 instead of x2 popularity counts for less

Ahnez

Tunics and dresses are the same thing :p

Yes, I tested here and it is longer for the girl. It also help that the tunic cover completely the girl's shorts, but not the boy's, so it looks more like a dress on the girl

This doesn't change the fact that it feels weird to use the ika set with the boy lol

Xenoboy

Is there anyone here that wants to play with anyone?
I'd like to do that, my NNID is Alphacielago if you're interested.

I beat the 3rd boss yesterday, I didn't like him that much.

ChrisD

Tried out Splat Zones again.
If Urchin Underpass is this stomp-y now, I don't want to know how bad it was before. Every game there is a knockout.

I'm going back to Turf War. Does Ranked Mode switch multiple times in a day, or is it going to be Splat Zones all day long and then switch over to another mode for the rest of tomorrow? I want more Tower Control. =/

Tried out Splat Zones again.
If Urchin Underpass is this stomp-y now, I don't want to know how bad it was before. Every game there is a knockout.

I'm going back to Turf War. Does Ranked Mode switch multiple times in a day, or is it going to be Splat Zones all day long and then switch over to another mode for the rest of tomorrow? I want more Tower Control. =/

Changes with the map rotation so every 4 hrs.

> Jumps over seeker that's going uphill as I'm going downhill, technically giving me a slightly higher jump height
> Still explodes

Something feels off about the servers today.

Heng

Hey I don't think yours is all that bad. For what it's worth out of all the gaffers I've experienced lag with I think Kas has the worst. Is he in Europe too or does he just have a really bad connection?
Kas and Doc Alba are the worst for me, though kas sometimes doesn't lag.

just for giggles, here's my ping (Central Europe)

US-East (Virginia) 187 ms
US-West (California) 212 ms
US-West (Oregon) 222 ms
Europe (Ireland) 66 ms
Europe (Frankfurt) 56 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 322 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 367 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 309 ms
South America (Brazil) 270 ms

hey, why is everyone only complaining about my lag
For what it's worth, I think playing with you has made me a better player. I try not to expose myself too early otherwise I could die 2 seconds later, although that's rare. Everyone can make excuses all they want, but it's not like it's easy on your end either. Maybe some of them should stop whining and learn not to play unsafe, that would be great practice against japanese players since their lag is as bad if not worse.

Watching thatsrb2dude on twitch and they stole our bumper brush battles, I don't know how I feel about this.
Actually when I posted this idea back in OT2 or OT3, the video I linked was from his stream doing it haha. We've kind of stole the idea from him but blue made the modification to use mines/bubble.

I just got the game 20 minutes ago, I'm level 2 and wondering how do I get a roller? Do I just level more and buy it from the store? I'm impatient to get it since my right wrist is broken and the motion controls suck and my broken wrist is too slow with the right stick, lol

I just got the game 20 minutes ago, I'm level 2 and wondering how do I get a roller? Do I just level more and buy it from the store? I'm impatient to get it since my right wrist is broken and the motion controls suck and my broken wrist is too slow with the right stick, lol

The first roller requires level 4 I believe.

Robotguy

You should unlock the basic roller at level three. It will be available for purchase at the store.
Edit: Some guides say 3, some say 4. It's been a while, so I don't remember when I unlocked it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Thank Violet, I'll look into that.

You haven't played in 12 days. I know because I had to unfriend you yesterday.

:/

I meant "haven't". Stuff (work) and thangs got in the way, I'm back though! I'm just waiting for the update to download and install now.

WALKMAN04

Kas and Doc Alba are the worst for me, though kas sometimes doesn't lag.

For what it's worth, I think playing with you has made me a better player. I try not to expose myself too early otherwise I could die 2 seconds later, although that's rare. Everyone can make excuses all they want, but it's not like it's easy on your end either. Maybe some of them should stop whining and learn not to play unsafe, that would be great practice against japanese players since their lag is as bad if not worse.

Actually when I posted this idea back in OT2 or OT3, the video I linked was from his stream doing it haha. We've kind of stole the idea from him but blue made the modification to use mines/bubble.
Well I guess I should stay quiet next time, are you playing right now. Me and Guysloth are going to make a squad

So they're doing a Splatoon Koshien in JP.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/629649875647369216

CLz3OYIUcAADcow.png

huh.

Heng

Well I guess I should stay quiet next time, are you playing right now. Me and Guysloth are going to make a squad
I'm not but I can hop on if you want. I haven't slept in 39 hours though and my aim is pretty bad lol.

Is there a mobile app for discordapp? I'll sign up if it does, I don't bother turning on my PC for just playing console games.

WALKMAN04

I'm not but I can hop on if you want. I haven't slept in 39 hours though and my aim is pretty bad lol.

Is there a mobile app for discordapp? I'll sign up if it does, I don't bother turning on my PC for just playing console games.
It will be fun with 3 s ranks we can fool around, and try try squad or something. Yes there is a mobile app, I use the iPad app. I don't know if Guysloth uses discord though, right now I'm in atrocious stream talking to him

nom

There is, but you'll need to sign up using your mobile browser (and request the desktop site)

Are you trying to see how far you can go without... what's that thing called? Sleep?
=P

I might be able to hop on around 6 PM pacific if you guys want me on. I'll tell you right now that something feels off about my plays today. I think that's what I was feeling yesterday, even though I didn't play at all.

Wow man you feeling ok?

GG squad! Looking forward to chat with you next time.

Also I'm been playing terrible for the last 4 days or so. I feel something is off, but I just don't know what. I don't even think it's lag, but I find myself shooting at the enemy always only getting 3 hits (4 needed for kill with o'matic), falling into the water several times in the mall..., shooting at a spot where an enemy is superjumping to, yet he kills me as he lands... Like I'm choking in the last moments in combat.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
It will be fun with 3 s ranks we can fool around, and try try squad or something. Yes there is a mobile app, I use the iPad app. I don't know if Guysloth uses discord though, right now I'm in atrocious stream talking to him

Tell me if you guys want to make a squad too, I'm just helping out my gf in twin squads lol. I'm s rank so I have no worries too

Violet_0

Banned
ggs MeroidKil, you guys carried me in the last couple matches

hey thanks Heng, playing against you is always really challenging for me. I like to think that also I picked up one or two things from all our duels. Oh, and you need to take out your blaster again, I just learned that I have quite a difficult time against them on new Underpass and I need to learn how to counter them

Oh man, almost got booted from A- cause I had 0 points left but that last match managed to beat a team of A's and S's to give me 14 points and the ability to fight for another day.

Top Bottom