• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE announces that Kurt Angle will return to the ring

DonShula

Wyatt did steal undertaker and kanes power once

OK, so that basically answers my question. After the Undertaker started riding a motorcycle, I assumed they stopped doing storylines involving the supernatural.

I have a vivid recollection of the Undertaker ascending through the Jumbotron at the 1994 Royal Rumble. I thought that aspect was long dead.

norm9

so IF he wrestles, no headlocks, suplexes, ddt's, powerbombs, no brogue kick, I don't trust Sheamus doing those foreman pounds either. What CAN he take or dish?

He'll definitely be a hot tag so he won't have to do much.

eta- Miz will find a way of making him look though.

Why is everyone fearing for Kurts life?

The man himself confirmed to be wrestling for the WWE eventually. He still has many matches left according to him.

Auraela

Banned
Why is everyone fearing for Kurts life?

The man himself confirmed to be wrestling for the WWE eventually. He still has many matches left according to him.

Hes basically worse than sting is in the ring..and his neck is basically one damage away from putting him as jelly basically

You thought taker was bad 😂😂😂

"Sorry Dan, I know you've been okayed by other docs but ours disagrees so you're benched for good pal!"

"Damnit Kurt! You've had addiction issues, have have more surgery than you've had meals and can't move your neck, but by god if you want to moonsault off a ladder who am I to deny you!"

Have not been watching wrestling outside of a couple house shows when they come through town and hell yes to Balor vs Styles former leaders of the bullet club finally face off since both leaving Japan

l3mDL.gif

Velcro Fly

"Sorry Dan, I know you've been okayed by other docs but ours disagrees so you're benched for good pal!"

"Damnit Kurt! You've had addiction issues, have have more surgery than you've had meals and can't move your neck, but by god if you want to moonsault off a ladder who am I to deny you!"

Yeah I don't think this is going to make D-Bry feel very good :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So what? Kurt's not in the Shield either. If Roman can't compete, he can't compete. Put someone in the match who's return to the ring isn't massive storyline potential.

The crowd will pop just as equally for Angle wrestling as they would for the Shield

I am excited to see the two former Bullet Club leaders wrestle.

I am also pretty interested in seeing Kurt in there. I have said before that he should not be wrestling in there in his TNA days even but I figured WWE would have saved something like this for the inevitable Jason Jordan feud.

Ithil

They bring back the Shield on a random PPV to help get Roman over and he ends up not even being at the PPV.

Paracelsus

They bring back the Shield on a random PPV to help get Roman over and he ends up not even being at the PPV.

It would have never worked in the smark era anyway. That's like putting Angle with Daivari to get heat so that they'd cheer for Cena. Worked beautifully...not.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ha, this PPV is such a trainwreck.

I am excited to see the two former Bullet Club leaders wrestle.

I am also pretty interested in seeing Kurt in there. I have said before that he should not be wrestling in there in his TNA days even but I figured WWE would have saved something like this for the inevitable Jason Jordan feud.

Makes you wonder just how many people are really sick.

Holy shit, this is either a setup and Bryan will come out to screw Angle setting up the WM match, or he will ask for release immediately.

I guess it could set up Survivor Series and I think Bryan's already asked for it, but they refused?

This is a shitty move for both men. I don't think they were wrong in not letting Bryan wrestle, but at the same time I have a hard time believing that Kurt wrestling isn't a much bigger liability. Not only does it put Kurt at risk, but it's just going to galvanise Bryan's belief that he'd be fine wrestling, the WWE just isn't letting him due to legal risk and they're not letting him out of his contract because they don't want anybody else to have him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Imagine how much WrestleMania would rule if Roman got sick right before it and they had to come up with some kind of insane twist at the last minute.

...haha they'd just have Brock squash Seth Rollins in 5 minutes.

Shauni

Anyone who is surprised at Kurt coming back just don't get the man: dude is a machine. He's wrestled through broken bones, drugs, and mental breakdowns. He's crazy, always has been.

But anyway, Balor vs AJ should be good. I didn't even realize that AJ wasn't on the card originally

Angry Grimace

Anyone who is surprised at Kurt coming back just don't get the man: dude is a machine. He's wrestled through broken bones, drugs, and mental breakdowns. He's crazy, always has been.

But anyway, Balor vs AJ should be good. I didn't even realize that AJ wasn't on the card originally

I mean he wouldn't be on the card ordinarily because he's on SmackDown.

TaterTots

Banned
Didn't Angle break his neck ages ago. Like during the olympics? If so, why are people making a fuss now. Did he break his neck a second time on TNA or something?

Paracelsus

I guess it could set up Survivor Series and I think Bryan's already asked for it, but they refused?

This is a shitty move for both men. I don't think they were wrong in not letting Bryan wrestle, but at the same time I have a hard time believing that Kurt wrestling isn't a much bigger liability. Not only does it put Kurt at risk, but it's just going to galvanise Bryan's belief that he'd be fine wrestling, the WWE just isn't letting him due to legal risk and they're not letting him out of his contract because they don't want anybody else to have him.

Angle is not a handicapped, and neither is Bryan. They can definitely work one more match if booked right, they don't have many flying shenanigans (and whatever flying thing Bryan did in WWE always sucked donkey balls anyway) so you can set up a nice technical match with tons of takeovers, headlocks and a few suplexes and that's it.

If anything the awful move they do is to themselves, they're blowing the Angle card up on a shitty PPV without even a goddamn world title match, as if they can afford to fire blanks with wrestlemania season around the corner.

Didn't Angle break his neck ages ago. Like during the olympics? If so, why are people making a fuss now. Did he break his neck a second time on TNA or something?

He cracked his neck like a broomstick and every now and then he had to slow down to clean all that mess in there so that his arms would work again. The problem was that he never took time to fix it properly. Look at Michaels.

Angry Grimace

He broke his neck six times.

Marvel

could never
He did yeah, then four more times wrestling in the WWE in 8 years I believe. Maybe more i can't remember.

Top Bottom