• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Acinixys

South Africa got local servers today and its impossible to get into a game

There are only 5 available and even one has a 10+ queue

;(

That DLC map looks kinda bad and not really like a DLC map. Looks more like a map they would release for free.

And again making the mistake with not a lot of cover...

Orcus

OMG. I just read this again and they are trying to fix grenade spam by automatically resupplying grenades every 30 seconds. You will never run out of grenades. You dont need Support to resupply anymore. How fucking stupid is this?

This is what the DICE dev had to say:

I dont even know wtf they must be thinking when they added this. This is the most bizarre fucking thing i have ever seen. Reduce grenade spam by making grenades resupply every 30 seconds without ammo crates. This cant be real. What am I missing?
Mabey they are trolling the community?

Orcus

I think it might be impossible for me to play scout using a scoped rifle. It's so dull. I mean, sniping is great, but I'm permanently affixed to my Gewehr M.95. Aggressive scout is best scout, and it's so goddamn fucking satisfying getting bolt loaded rifle kills over distance with only iron sights to guide your aim.
Careful, it's hard to go back to other classes once you get addicted to the aggressive sniper loadout.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Mabey they are trolling the community?

this is the only explanation. i have no idea why they would nerf the gas grenade count only to resupply it in 30 seconds. and even less if you are standing near an ammo crate.

this is so bizarre.

they also nerfed the AA guns by 50%!! Anyone who plays operations knows that there are no AA guns in some sectors so you are stuck getting raped by planes dropping bombs on the flags you are supposed to be capturing. Just another bizarre change.

they also nerfed the AA guns by 50%!! Anyone who plays operations knows that there are no AA guns in some sectors so you are stuck getting raped by planes dropping bombs on the flags you are supposed to be capturing. Just another bizarre change.

Yeah, AA guns definitely need a buff. It's nearly impossible to kill a decent fighter plane pilot with an AA gun, and even attack planes and bombers can fly out of AA range due to the low damage. I still can't believe they nerfed an anti-air gun for being too effective against air vehicles.

So grenades automatically regenerate now? What was the thought process behind this? I seriously feel that 90% of my deaths already come from random grenades and other one shot kills that I have no way of anticipating.

You could use an ammo pouch and get a new grenade in 7 seconds. Now the minimum time without an ammo crate is 36 seconds for the majority of grenades.

Yeah, AA guns definitely need a buff. It's nearly impossible to kill a decent fighter plane pilot with an AA gun, and even attack planes and bombers can fly out of AA range due to the low damage. I still can't believe they nerfed an anti-air gun for being too effective against air vehicles.

Especially when they're already destructible, so if a team doesn't want them to be used against them, they can blow them up. AA guns were already overnerfed. They can't be nerfed again, or fighters will dominate every server and nobody on the ground or in the air will stand a chance.

No Love

Banned
Automatic replenishing of grenades with a note that they want to extend this to other gadgets. Just need to include firearm ammunition in this system and we have a worthy successor to 1943 on our hands. :p

Tbh I'd be OK with them going more cartoony/semirealistic and turn this into Battlefield 1943: WW1 Edition.

Just keep it interesting until Battlefield 2143 next year.

A vehicle map. Battlefield is usually terribly biased towards infantry gameplay, so it's cool seeing maps with more vehicle use.

I'm glad DICE ditched the idea of just clustering together all similarly-designed maps into map packs. I was bothered with how BF3 just put all the focus on any one component of the game when making a map pack after B2K. Close Quarters was just tiny infantry maps, Armored Kill was just massive vehicle maps, and Aftermath was slightly larger infantry maps (sometimes with helos and light armor). Endgame was great in that regard: you had some vehicle maps, some infantry maps, and some that had a little bit of both.

Understand that I'm not trying to say "these map packs were bad", but rather "the lack of gameplay variety in these map packs felt kinda weird". It's why I liked BF4's focus on an aesthetic theme for the map packs, rather than a gameplay theme (even if China Rising's maps weren't the best).

Glad to see Battlefield 1 is building off of BF4, rather than BF3.

WillyFive

It's doubtful we'll see a BF21** edition now that DICE has battlefront.

EA's Battlefront plays nothing like Battlefield, and it seems the developers have no intention of bringing it back to its Battlefield roots, so I don't think that will be an issue.

risnuff

Neo Member
EA's Battlefront plays nothing like Battlefield, and it seems the developers have no intention of bringing it back to its Battlefield roots, so I don't think that will be an issue.

I still don't see them releasing anything that could seem similar in setting to Star Wars, combined with the very vocal push back that has happened online to Call of Duty's future settings.

I'd be pretty damn shocked if the next Battlefield game isn't Battlefield 1944. We need to see WWII in Frostbite. D-Day in Operations mode? The Pacific theater? The Eastern Front? Simple, simple choice for EA/DICE to make.

terrible

Banned
So grenades automatically regenerate now? What was the thought process behind this? I seriously feel that 90% of my deaths already come from random grenades and other one shot kills that I have no way of anticipating.

6.5% of my kills are from grenades (crossbow and hand grenades). Isn't that wild lol. I have about twice as many kills with grenades in BF1 than I do in BF4 in around a third of the amount of time. The grenade spam is undeniable. It doesn't help that frag grenades have such a short fuse either. They might as well be impact grenades. Even if someone runs away as soon as they see the icon heading their way it'll still almost kill them.

DICE did the right thing with mini grenades in BF4 when they were launched in an overpowered state. Why is it taking them so long to fix the grenades in BF1?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Why on earth would you introduce automatic grenade replenishment in a game that's supposed to encourage synchronicity between classes, one of which is committed to replenishing ammunition? How do you resolve "explosive spam" by giving people more readily available access to explosives?

Why on earth would you introduce automatic grenade replenishment in a game that's supposed to encourage synchronicity between classes, one of which is committed to replenishing ammunition? How do you resolve "explosive spam" by giving people more readily available access to explosives?

The more I think about it, the worse I like the idea. Initially I thought it'd be a fine change, but the more I think about it, the worse the idea sounds. What on earth was DICE thinking? /r/battlefield_live (which is where DICE collects feedback on Reddit) isn't too happy about it, either.

LORANT92

I'm more disappointed by them gimping ammo pouches as well. They were clearly superior to packs and imo preventing them from resupplying grenades will do fuck all to fix that. As is, you can throw a limpet every five seconds. If you pair up with an assault, the two of you can literally put out an endless supply of heavy AT grenades as both get replenished instantly and pouches regen fast enough.
This is "fixing" the wrong thing, but that's par for the course when it comes to DICE Stockholm.

I won't even bother trying to figure out what they were thinking with the AA changes. Trench fighter does everything better than any others with high mobility and now they will be even more ridiculously powerful. It wouldn't be such an issue if the fact you can use any weapon to damage planes were communicated in a better way, but good luck shooting down planes on your own.

Hey guys, nade spam seems to be a problem. How do we fix it?

Let's have everyone's nades automatically replenish.

I guess Argonne forest can in fact get worse then. Some of the things they did with Battlefront post launch was daft but I had assumed they'd be a bit more cautious here.

Alpende

So stupid, the same shit with medic. They've got only two injects.

I'm happy about this, playing Operation on Forest or Amiens is a total gas grenade clusterfuck. People using the grenades more than their weapon.

Medics have only 2 injects? That's bullshit.

Automatic replenishing of grenades with a note that they want to extend this to other gadgets. Just need to include firearm ammunition in this system and we have a worthy successor to 1943 on our hands. :p
Would be amazing.

Tired of running out of ammo and random teammates not dropping ammo packs.

Tired of rummaging through dead enemy kits to resupply myself.

Top Bottom