• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The thing about the Campsite being when they're alive/before the go to Insomnia, is proven with the camera roll during the credits, when you see Prompto's pictures he's taken after you got back. Last one was them at the campfire, exactly as the last scene laid out.

I'm not totally sure why they changed Bahamut to a knight with his lashes on fleek either. Having KOTOR fill in that role would have made more sense.

I want my dragon.

No, it's not even the same gods. Just the same concept. For example the classic summons Shiva, Ifrit, etc., appear in many FFs but they're not the same beings in different FFs even when their designs are similar.

*Buzzer*

Looks like I was right, Versus XIII does feature the same fal'Cie from XIII.

In Final Fantasy Versus XIII Etro was the patron goddess of the kingdom of Lucis, where Noctis was the crown prince. Because Etro was known as the goddess of death, Lucis thus had a dark design, only showed at night time, and Grim Reaper motifs recurred in its crests.

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII

crimilde

Banned
The ring was destroyed in the afterlife, though, so it's hard to say.

Could be alive and a flashback, or they could be dead saying their goodbyes.

A beautiful and bittersweet scene either way.

Ah you're right, the fact that he had the ring or not is not telling one way or another.
I think it's a flashback, though. Makes it more painful and impactful as well, seeing Noctis so afraid and wanting to live. It really messed me up when he started crying.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm not totally sure why they changed Bahamut to a knight with his lashes on fleek either. Having KOTOR fill in that role would have made more sense.

I want my dragon.

Almost seemed like Bahamut was among the Kings of Lucis, and the first to stab Noctis, unless I saw things wrong.

TissueBox

Basically we need a remake.

Put Nomura on charge.

Call it Final Fantasy XV Versus.

Release on 2030.

If they make a remake it should be under the guise of a sequel and start off with Noctis waking up and saying, 'That was a crazy dream,' and then read your save data somehow and zoom into a slice of the photograph he took with him at the end of FFXV peeking out of his jacket and then jumpcut to "FINAL FANTX5Y R3aLitY Ed. ++".

After 10 long years, we can finally move on.

I remember being awestruck seeing Holy and Lifestream fend off the Meteor. Captivated seeing Rinoa and Squall kiss. Moved to tears seeing everyone cheer as Zidane and Dagger embrace. Welled up as Yuna reminds Spira to never forget those who you lost or loved. FFXII and FFXIII didn't do shit for me. I don't remember feeling any strong emotional connection to any of them. Hell I watched the ending of FFXIV (End of an Era I believe it's called) and that was more impactful. FFXV's journey and story is a train wreck, but the ending was among the best in the whole series.

What everyone is saying holds true. The story is everywhere, characters are barely developed, important events happen in the background, it's a mash-up of ideas and concepts that don't necessarily gel well, feels rushed, the romance between Noct and Luna is flimsy, and whatever other hang-ups that have been leveled against it. The game asks the audience to take too many leaps of faith. Just trust that Noct and Luna have been in love since childhood. Barely developing it. Luna is strong, you can tell because she commune with gods and will do anything for her love. From the minimal screen time she has. So many characters die off screen, it's laughable. Just trust us that they died in some epic fashion, use your imagination.

It's funny really, There is so much wasted plot potential yet I still loved it's conclusion.

The ending doesn't bring it all together, rather it satisfies the festering urge I had to see Noct and company overcome the odds after constant set-backs. The Chapters 9-15 had me engrossed, though 13 was way too long and pretty annoying. I understand that they are trying to highlight how helpless Noct can be without his friends, but they could have done that in half the time. The linearity worked for it, which is ironic because I hated the linearity of FFXIII.

The overall themes of brotherhood, bonds being built between friends on a road trips, high tension simmering in said group, innocent childhood romance that manages to transcend death, and the courage to become king while sacrifice himself for the light. All cliches, still hit me on an emotional level that hasn't been done by a Final Fantasy game since Sakaguchi himself was still part of Square. The credits scene where Noctis has trouble expressing his feelings to the group before their final battle was also touching. Noctis may be 10 years older, but is finally able to tell his friends that they are the best.

FXV's ending just felt right. Felt triumphant. Felt Final. Luna and Noct together forever after his accession - King and Oracle together eternally. Again, cliche, but the sense of finality is ever present. Even if Luna and Noct's romance felt cheap and forced, the last scene really hit home the fact that these two loved each other. It's truly a fairy tail romance with a fairy tail ending, nothing about it says a fantasy based on reality. Which is fine. I've stopped trying to imagine the "what if" scenario of Versus XIII's hypothetical existence.

When Noctis appears alongside Luna in the logo, that was the mic drop. FFXV is complete.

TL;DR version:
- While not perfect, the most touching Final Fantasy game since Sakaguchi left.
-Game's story is a mess, but I loved watching them bro-out while they adventure through Eos. Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis are truly four heroes of light, yet are still incredibly fun and relatable. It was touching seeing Noct finally have the courage to tell them he thinks they are the best friends anyone can have.
-The ending is incredible regardless of its' messy plot. The last scene is now among my favorite in the series and video games in general. Goodnight Luna, All hail King Noctis.

Neiteio

Guys, if you wanted to make "bookmark saves" to revisit favorite parts of the game, for the purposes of replaying them on PS4 Pro (which I plan to get once it's back in stock at Amazon) and/or for taking screenshots... Where would you make each save?

There are technically eight slots available, since the first two are dedicated to autosave. I'd like to reserve at least one open slot for a new file, and another for the post-game. The first two chapters are simple enough to go through again, so no need to really bookmark those.

I wonder where I could put the other six files. One right before Insomnia at the end, certainly. Perhaps another before Titan. Another before Leviathan. Maybe the first one will be before the walk with Iris?

Zomba13

So nothing to do with the actual game or story, but I'm still bummed we don't get Noctis' slick black suit as a costume. I mean, yeah, it's underneath the cape and other kingly stuff in the Kings Raiment but I just want it on its own, like at the end. Also I want to play as the older versions of the characters in post game.

Guys, if you wanted to make "bookmark saves" to revisit favorite parts of the game, for the purposes of replaying them on PS4 Pro (which I plan to get once it's back in stock at Amazon) and/or for taking screenshots... Where would you make each save?

There are technically eight slots available, since the first two are dedicated to autosave. I'd like to reserve at least one open slot for a new file, and another for the post-game. The first two chapters are simple enough to go through again, so no need to really bookmark those.

I wonder where I could put the other six files. One right before Insomnia at the end, certainly. Perhaps another before Titan. Another before Leviathan. Maybe the first one will be before the walk with Iris?

At the least you can save one space for the ending. Post game just puts you back right before the Ifrit fight so you can go back to the open world and then just go right back to Insomnia.

PowderedToast

the campfire scene is about noctis saying goodbye to his friends because he knows he's going to die.

"i'm at peace with what I have to do. but now i'm here, seeing you all, it's too much to take. you guys are the best"

for them to all die aswell defeats the point of the scene. i mean he specifically asks for a photograph to remember them by and takes it to the 'afterlife'. they're not there with him! that's the whole point.

Jonnax

VrkSRqB.jpg

Found this image of Etro drawn by Amano for Versus XIII.
Here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Etro

Etro was the patron goddess of Lucis. During the formal party to celebrate the treaty-signing between Lucis and Niflheim, Stella Nox Fleuret talked to Noctis Lucis Caelum about a legend from her home country of Tenebrae. The legend stated that whenever Etro opens the Unseen Gate, the souls of the dead ascend as a streak of light to the heavens and through the Gate. It is said that when few among the dying see the light, they are given power from the Kingdom of the Dead. Stella stated she can see the light, as can Noctis. Noctis guessed both of them had had a near-death experience.
ryJTbr2.png

So I'm guessing it was supposed to be Etro originally and Luna having a nap replaced it :p

Edit: Oh hullo:
0e60dDr.jpg

TL;DR version:
- While not perfect, the most touching Final Fantasy game since Sakaguchi left.
-Game's story is a mess, but I loved watching them bro-out while they adventure through Eos. Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis are truly four heroes of light, yet are still incredibly fun and relatable. It was touching seeing Noct finally have the courage to tell them he thinks they are the best friends anyone can have.
-The ending is incredible regardless of its' messy plot. The last scene is now among my favorite in the series and video games in general. Goodnight Luna, All hail King Noctis.

I liked the ending, but LR definitely had a more emotional ending and far better budget for the finale CGI (which was actually really long and much better looking, surprising given that XV is a newer game.)

I really enjoyed when Lightning started crying and the music crescendos with a medley of the most memorable trilogy scenes. That moment is top 5 video game moments for me – they really nailed it with the music.

XV would be more emotional for me if they convinced me that an arranged marriage between two people who hadn't seen each other in 12 years and neglected to use cell phones to contact each other = true love. But they didn't.

Still, the campfire finale was ace!

SkylineRKR

Yeah Campfire was before the final battle i'm sure. Doesn't make sense if WoR is in their afterlife anyway. Thats why he went all emotional, he had to fulfill his job and learnt in the Crystal he had to sacrifice himself. It was a final farewell.

And the bros didn't die. Not from a few random mobs that get eradicated a few minutes after Noctis ascended. I know a lot of shit happens offscreen, but the mainstays not. His line about leaving it to them would indicate they survive, otherwise they've failed. Bros aren't with Noctis and Luna in the true afterlife.

They appeared against Ardyn, but were also gone right away. That was most likely a vision, power of friendship sort of thing.

Falk

that puzzling face

- Before Titan

- Before Iris joins party (not the walk itself)

- Before arriving at Caem for the first time*

- Before Leviathan

- Before the Dude Ardyn and train chase segment

- Just before entering the Crystal, hence able to skip through it and go through Noctis waking up and encountering World of Ruin

2 open

* I dunno, as much as the story had a lot of holes, and as same-y all the locations that weren't Lestallum got (even Old Lestallum is almost indistinguishable from the other rest spots) Caem really, REALLY nailed the vibe. You're on the run from the Empire, shit has gone south, but you arrive at this hidey-hole safe haven and are allowed to take a breather, and your refugee hanger-ons get to call it home for a while, even going so far as to dig graves and plant vegetables to live off the land. It's an amazing respite and kind of a destination in itself for the road trip/driving portion of the game. A place to rest weary feet and recuperate for a bit. There's also an awesome extended inn scene for staying at the house. It was one of the most "Final Fantasy" moments in the entire game for me.

And music more or less right out of Chrono Cross plays.

I really enjoyed when Lightning started crying and the music crescendos with a medley of the most memorable trilogy scenes. That moment is top 5 video game moments for me – they really nailed it with the music.

Not gonna lie, a job's a job but I legit got emotional when we were working on the music for that.

Although it's kinda hard not to also tear up hearing the FF Main Theme being recorded when we were working on XV ;)

Arizato

I am still gathering my thoughts about the later parts of the game and the ending. Though I have to ask a question: Does "Too Much is Never Enough" and "I Will Be" ever play in the game?

I always thought "Too Much is Never Enough" would be the theme in the ending credits.

Neiteio

XV would be more emotional for me if they convinced me that an arranged marriage between two people who hadn't seen each other in 12 years and neglected to use cell phones to contact each other = true love. But they didn't.

The arranged marriage was just an olive branch in the peace treaty. I don't take it to mean they were head-over-heels in love, although I get the idea they were hopeful, since they were at the very least the best of friends and probably felt something special. In other words, I think they were on the cusp of love.

I can buy that, too, since their circumstances are so unique: There's the childhood scene where they resolve to embrace their duty together, and really, who else could relate to them in the same way? There is only one person destined (or should I say "doomed") to be Oracle, and one person destined to be King. It's a lonely occupation they share, so that right there must've been the start of a connection.

Them staying in touch via clandestine letters sent via magical messengers was just their way to continue the friendship. They lived in separate nations that were at war, and their guardians wouldn't allow them to call each other, let alone visit. The Niffs weren't about to give up their Oracle, and the Lucians weren't about to give up their Prince.

Would I like more scenes showing tender moments between Noc and Luna? Of course. But I can buy that they had a connection. Also, I just want to add that I don't think Luna is weak. She died, yes, but she seemed remarkably mature and strong from childhood. She rose to her duty without complaining; it was actually Noc who was weak and struggled to find himself.

Arkeband

Banned
So nothing to do with the actual game or story, but I'm still bummed we don't get Noctis' slick black suit as a costume. I mean, yeah, it's underneath the cape and other kingly stuff in the Kings Raiment but I just want it on its own, like at the end. Also I want to play as the older versions of the characters in post game.

There's a very similar pinstripe one you get from the Deluxe Edition(s).

Neiteio

- Before Titan

- Before Iris joins party (not the walk itself)

- Before arriving at Caem for the first time*

- Before Leviathan

- Before the Dude Ardyn and train chase segment

- Just before entering the Crystal, hence able to skip through it and go through Noctis waking up and encountering World of Ruin

2 open
Those sound like good saves for gameplay sections, but are they also good saves for revisiting favorite cutscenes?

crimilde

Banned
So besides the Prince and King Garments and the Casual clothes, there really are no other outfits to unlock, right? At least I haven't stumbled upon anything until now.

Listonosh

Oh god, is Noctis reliving his road trip over and over again for his eternal slumber?
It was the best time of his life, he gets to be with his "brothers" again and travel the world...
I think that's actually my headcanon now.
It explains Chapter 0, Noctis jerking awake next to the Regalia, and the "pushing the car" dialog starting immediately over the credits after Noctis passes on.

I don't think there's really a "conscious" afterlife in XV's world, you just sort of settle down and dream forever, and Noctis dreams of his adventures with his closest friends.
Noctis is the "figure that lies asleep in the fantasy," and the fantasy is just hanging out with his bros forever.

holy shit.... gutted

Not gonna lie, a job's a job but I legit got emotional when we were working on the music for that.

Although it's kinda hard not to also tear up hearing the FF Main Theme being recorded when we were working on XV ;)

Hold the falking phone – you had a part in composing "Humanity's Tale?!" That one moment in the song made me BAWL like a baby when I first saw the ending. What an outstanding (and criminally underrated) piece of art!

Would I like more scenes showing tender moments between Noc and Luna? Of course. But I can buy that they had a connection. Also, I just want to add that I don't think Luna is weak. She died, yes, but she seemed remarkably mature and strong from childhood. She rose to her duty without complaining; it was actually Noc who was weak and struggled to find himself.

Even Iris had more chemistry with Noctis than Luna. It was just such a waste of everyone's time. She's top 3 worst female characters in FF history, easily.

I liked the ending, but LR definitely had a more emotional ending and far better budget for the finale CGI (which was actually really long and much better looking, surprising given that XV is a newer game.)

Nope, LR was just the most masturbatory ending I've ever seen. Fanfic level shit. Toriyama clapping his hands making Lightning a Goddess and other nonsense. I liked FFXIII-2's ending though. I'm still very meh on FFXIII's ending.

While I agree that Luna's and Noctis' romance is forced, saying that using a cellphones will make it true love is silly. It's really cute that their only method of contact is via a dog and a shared notebook from childhood. Almost like the world's slowest texting service. Maybe letters would have been more effective then minor text blurbs. In my head, they are both destined for each other. Red-string-of-fate kind of thing. King and Oracle pre-ordained to be together; If not in life, then in death. Cheap, cliche romantic garbage, but it worked for me when you see then in the after life. After all the shit that went on in Eos.

Speaking of dogs, what happened to Pyrna? Umbra is around. What about the white doggy :(

Could it time travel also?

Even Iris had more chemistry with Noctis than Luna. It was just such a waste of everyone's time. She's top 3 worst female characters in FF history, easily.

Meh, that's only because Iris clearly has a crush on the dude and is all flirty with him. Luna x Noct forevah. Read my fanfic. It's almost as bad as Lightning Returns.

I don't think she is the worst, just the most forced. They had to remove Stella for story reasons and put her in while trying to sell us that she is strong. They hyped her up way too much. She is devoted, that's what I like about her.

TissueBox

0e60dDr.jpg

Lol I musta missed that.

That scene seemed to have been taken from the original party/meetig-idea anyway, I believe, which had Stella looking at the painting of Etro. Interesting they decided to give it a brief cameo here. Pro'lly in part so it could be displayed somewhere instead of being commissioned for nothing. :p

It's not just that she was a waste, but what was done with her was.

After seeing Kingsglaive I was so psyched up to see Noctis' perspective and to finally see them meet...

But Ch. 9 turned that presumed emotional climax into ash. It was honestly from then on that I felt the story problems more potently because a lot of the motivation for me was kinda tossed out the window and wasn't thoroughly addressed. I could understand the tragedy aspect, but the way they handled it was a bit of a tragedy of its own. imo -- it's like it wasn't done enough justice. Honestly, if there were simply a reasonable number more of cinematics/story beats establishing their relationship or their bond it could've been unforgettable rather than something you sort of wanted to forget.

Setsu00

*Buzzer*

VersusXIII!Etro =/= XIII!Etro

They were not the same character, but based on the same basic idea. Etro is a goddess in the XIII games, but according to some concept art for Versus XIII she simply a Fal'Cie in that game. There are a couple of recurring names in the FNC games - Lindzei for example is namedropped in both the XIII trilogy and Type-0, but they seem to be different entities.

Jonnax

I am still gathering my thoughts about the later parts of the game and the ending. Though I have to ask a question: Does "Too Much is Never Enough" and "I Will Be" ever play in the game?

I always thought "Too Much is Never Enough" would be the theme in the ending credits.

Nope.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
*Buzzer*

They aren't falcie. They are gods, and they aren't the same gods either.

Falcie, lcie and suchare completely different concepts for each FNC game.

VrkSRqB.jpg

Found this image of Etro drawn by Amano for Versus XIII.
Here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Etro

ryJTbr2.png

So I'm guessing it was supposed to be Etro originally and Luna having a nap replaced it :p

0e60dDr.jpg

The logo was changed to symbolize the legend of the oracle. So essentially Luna yes.

Arkeband

Banned
holy shit.... gutted

That doesn't really gel with the scene of him being together forever with Luna, though.

And if you think about it that roadtrip was also full of tragedy, so it'd be a blessing and a curse to have to relive being dicked around by Ardyn and having to find beans for Takka perpetually.

Meowster

Hold the falking phone – you had a part in composing "Humanity's Tale?!" That one moment in the song made me BAWL like a baby when I first saw the ending. What an outstanding (and criminally underrated) piece of art!

I would say she really wasn't in it enough to be a worst female character. She's just kinda there. There are worse female characters, especially in the first few games..

I wouldn't have minded the direction they went with Luna if they took time to give us a couple of cutscenes of her and Gentiana, some more (detailed) letters between her and Noct, and maybe a tender date in Altissia where Luna knows what is up and Noct is painfully unaware. But alas.. maybe they'll release a dlc that'll make that a little better but I doubt it lol.

Didn't realize Luna was several years older than Noct.

Falk

that puzzling face

Recording and mix engineer for LRFFXIII

Those sound like good saves for gameplay sections, but are they also good saves for revisiting favorite cutscenes?

Most of my favorite set pieces in the game have you in control (pressing A for awesome, for better or worse), but Caem was cool, and one of the two open saves are likely to be postgame, meaning access to the whole Ifrit -> credits sequence.

Neiteio

Recording and mix engineer for LRFFXIII

Most of my favorite set pieces in the game have you in control (pressing A for awesome, for better or worse), but Caem was cool, and one of the two open saves are likely to be postgame, meaning access to the whole Ifrit -> credits sequence.
Wait, you can replay all of the final bosses from your postgame save? Does the postgame save drop you off in front of Insomnia before the final fights?

Also, when you mentioned a save for the train chase, do you mean the scene where Shiva freezes the interior of the train?

Shahadan

Is there anything that might suggest somewhere that the meteor Titan is holding somehow Ifrit's doing?

I was spoiled before the game about Ifrit being a boss so I couldn't think of anything else than FF8 Ifrit volleyballing a meteor

TissueBox

Oh my god I finally decided to listen to Too Much is Never Enough. If this song was in the credits I swear I might have just teared up a bit. Not sure why it was decided to leave it out if it was made for FFXV but they have their reasons I'm sure. Stiill, this is my unofficial FFXV pop song theme lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
Also, when you mentioned a save for the train chase, do you mean the scene where Shiva freezes the interior of the train?

Talking about Ch11, when Ardyn/Prompto shows up, and then the train gets chased by Nifl dropships.

TLS Lex

I agree with all of this. I know LR gets hate but I thought its ending was excellent in this respect. The song they used during the flashback montage is like the "XIII theme" at that point and it really hit home that it was the end of a long journey.

XV's ending was excellent, I won't debate that. I had an emotional reaction (creys) to its ending too, but it wasn't anywhere near as powerful as say, X's, VII's, IX's, XIII's or even LR. It absolutely would have been if they'd done a better job with the plot :/

And I have to admit that when it got to that scene with Luna and Noctis I rolled my eyes a bit. I just wasn't invested in the two of them as a couple even remotely. I could have forgiven a lot of the plot issues in this game if, y'know, Luna wasn't literally a cardboard plot device that exists solely to service Noctis and The Plot. I mean they could have gotten away with that if they'd gave her even a slight glimmer of personality. I don't even think it's something more screen time would have fixed. The needed to give her an actual personality and then build on an actual relationship with Noctis before the inevitable chop in chapter 9.

Just want to say that I enjoyed the game immensely and even enjoyed a bunch of plot/ character moments. I'm just a bit mad at how Luna was handled after all the "oh she's a strong female character" nonsense from Tabata et al. Then there are the other glaring plot holes like Viserys Tarlunabro suddenly deciding he was a good guy or something.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This was posted in the OT

jared-mus00.jpg

Listonosh

Wasn't that quest "let the sleeping mountains lie" kinda weird ?

Like it was unfinished ?

And what was the point of bringing everyone we met in that restaurant ?

I just spoke to Monica and the next objective was " discover the secret of the mountain"

But as soon as the black screen went away, there was a giant turtle face in front of me ready to eat me. And the objective immediately changed to "flee".

I thought I skipped a cutscene or something. Suddenly the turtle was awoke when 2 secondes earlier it wasn't moving.

Yeah I got this feeling as well. Especially since the Adamantoise literally phases out of the mountain, and the mountain doesn't shift to reveal the Adamantoise. I liked the original reveal of the Adamantoise better, where the guys were driving past it and were like "oh my goooood!" and I assumed you could just keep driving and ignore it, or stop and try to kill it. The way it's implemented here feels sort of lazy.

sappyday

Yeah I got this feeling as well. Especially since the Adamantoise literally phases out of the mountain, and the mountain doesn't shift to reveal the Adamantoise. I liked the original reveal of the Adamantoise better, where the guys were driving past it and were like "oh my goooood!" and I assumed you could just keep driving and ignore it, or stop and try to kill it. The way it's implemented here feels sort of lazy.
I find it funny that everyone comes out to see what's going on.

Dynasty8

Really didn't like the story. Such a mess.

The whole Gladio leaving the party and coming back with a scar...if they're saving that for dlc then that's just embarrassing. It's like if FFVII made you pay to see Barrett's or Cid's back story further down the line.

And Luna? This character was so poorly developed. Nothing interesting... Ravus was supposed to be this badass.... nope, you're all of a sudden good...and all of a sudden you're dead.

And don't get me started with Jared. Fuckkkinnnnn Jared man...just lol.

Hystzen

What the hell is that diner scene even about everyone is there but you just chat to Dino who is just annoyed as you ruining his game with Quay Chef. the others are around for no reason

Listonosh

But Ardyn is also freaking out during that scene as he sees these things, including Luna touching him. She is most definitely dead — yet he only sees her for a moment, too. They're all dead, and they're all confronting him. Noctis is the fixed point, however. He is the one who finishes the deed.

The guys' final meeting at the camp scene also carries extra weight because they're dead. Lingering spirits sharing their final words before eternal rest. Followed by a shot of their empty chairs around the ashes of a bonfire.

I really don't think Luna actually touches him there. I'm guessing this event right here represents the point where she did in fact touch him right before she died, and started to "heal" him. From my understanding, and especially since it was the same hand, that healing factor just activated once more to disrupt him from being completely taken over by the deamons inside him.

I also really, really don't think that the after credits campfire scene is the afterlife. It just doesn't make any sense, especially when you pair that with the scene of Noctis asking Prompto for a single picture. At that point, they know whats going on. How? Because Noctis clearly told them right before they got there during the campfire.

Yeah! At first I thought, oh man, the power of ACQUAINTANCES is really gonna help me here, in some sort of TAG TEAM event where the freaking chef of Galdin Quay shows off her true power.

Nope...

LProtag

I didn't even consider the fact that the guys died in some sort of last stand, so it's weird hearing people mention that.

Likewise, the camping scene was clearly a flashback to the forced camping you do when you leave Hammerhead for the final time. It also explains why the guys knew about the fact that Noct was going to sacrifice himself. Before you enter the throne room you're not really sure if they know, since there's some tension, but at the end when Noct parts from the guys for the last time, you clearly understand that they already know everything that's going to happen. The camp scene was the revelation about that.

Anyway, I think the game will stick with me due to the character relationships, as I already mentioned. Despite not being super invested in the overall story, I got a bit emotional at the end because I was invested in the characters.

Top Bottom