• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport PSX 2016 Trailer

Elios83

Graphics are top notch and we already know they have been working on new sounds as well.
Now if only they could fix their collision and damage system.....

Metfanant

1f8ug3.gif
6s2u3q.gif

772urm.gif
23nut3.gif

10e8uae.gif
11z4utr.gif

4myugf.gif
3zhubt.gif

5lvui2.gif
9ppumq.gif

I don't even have words...

I just wish this had a proper career mode. Since I don't even touch online racing, it pains me that I'll probably have to skip this game

dankir

How come VR is only for certain cars and tracks? This is like the stupid premium car models all over again.

Ame

I don't even have words...

I just wish this had a proper career mode. Since I don't even touch online racing, it pains me that I'll probably have to skip this game

Yup, lack of a career mode in any form sucks. It's wishful thinking, but I hope they announce the addition of some offline content.

jeffram

How come VR is only for certain cars and tracks? This is like the stupid premium car models all over again.
I'd imagine that they need to make vr versions of some tracks and cars to create an acceptable vr experience. Conisifering how poor drive club looks in vr, this might be a better option.

nasanu

Banned
During the gameplay unveil there we saw the words "Seattle Short" on stream with track times. But the track never was actually shown or even hinted at outside of that. It was bizarre to say the least.

Only seems bizarre if you have no clue what a mockup is (looking at the entirety of GTP). As far as I can tell so far there has not been a single frame or shot of the single player campaign released.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

VR first adopters have to admit that they number in the hundred of thousands at best, but this game will be selling to an audience of 60 million by the time it comes out.

They will not compromise the whole game to cater to VR owners.

nasanu

Banned
They will not compromise the whole game to cater to VR owners.

Why would they have to? What does VR have to do with anything when VR isnt running?

You can make any game run in VR, look at driveclub, you just take the razor to graphical features till it runs.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Why would they have to? What does VR have to do with anything when VR isnt running?

You can make any game run in VR, look at driveclub, you just take the razor to graphical features till it runs.

For one, they have to design a separate set of textures and models to run in lower quality modes. Which they are doing by the way, just for some tracks and some cars.

You seem to think the process is just a dial you turn.

speaking of which, does the PS4 Pro save photos/screenshots in HDR?

I believe it does when set to PNG screenshots. I don't have the pro but when I take screenshots with HDR on or off I can see the difference between the screenshots while the TV has HDR on and in non-HDR mode the screenshot look almost the same. (worked like that in TLOU, in games that do weird stuff with HDR like infamous or Deus Ex you see differences either way...).
Though GT might render it outside the general screenshot option.

nasanu

Banned
For one, they have to design a separate set of textures and models to run in lower quality modes. Which they are doing by the way, just for some tracks and some cars.

You seem to think the process is just a dial you turn.

Textures and models?.. lol no they don't. If they ran in the normal game then they will run fine in VR. It's the effects you need to cut down on, also if you want a lower poly model you have the LOD levels to play with.

Ame

There isn't a full career mode but there is some offline content:

Yeah, I remember seeing this. I just have a feeling it's not gonna be enough. I'll probably blast through that in no time. Hopefully I'm wrong. I just want some actual campaign races. Even if it's a smaller scale career.

I remember GT6 had those weekly time trial events, which would unlock cars if you got the gold time. Those would be cool to see in the online portion of the game. I want more to do than just race online.

Woodchipper

The only letdowns are lack of classic cars and that the dirt track looks like crap. Other than that, Jesus effing Christ, it looks like real life, or better rather.

nasanu

Banned
Do we know how much VR is in this?

All we know is that the whole game is not playable in VR. It seems like there will be limited tracks with less cars, more like a GTS VR demo.

I was really hoping for full VR support, I am putting off my VR purchase now as other than REZ Id have no use for it.

plidex

Expecting full VR support was incredibly unrealistic.

I don't understand why there are street cars on a game focused on motorsport. I would take GT7 over this without a doubt, but if you are going to do a motorsport game, don't waste resources on street cars.

I do love iRacing but don't play it much because it's very time consuming, this could end up buying a decent replacement. But I need to see more things about the infrastructure instead of pretty screens from photomode.

Physics looks so good oO I feel that accidents will be better managed than before..

I've never understood how someone can judge physics from a video. I mean, if you watch an NFS trailer you can see it's pretty unrealistic. But watching this I can't see if they are good or not.

Mush

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_128.jpg

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_085.jpg

What's up with some of these textures? That exhaust on the side of the Subaru isn't exactly flattering...

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/gran-turismo-sport/december-3-2016/Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_128.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/gran-turismo-sport/december-3-2016/Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_085.jpg[IMG]
What's up with some of these textures? That exhaust on the side of the Subaru isn't exactly flattering...[/QUOTE]

What I'm supposed to see?

plidex

You can't have lots of cars onscreen with extremely high definition skins.

I care more about racing than taking photos so I think it's a good compromise.

Let's remember the kind of hardware they are dealing with. Some people will never be satisfied, they want native 4k at 60fps with ultra high quality graphics. Until we have a $2k PS4 Pro Plus S, it won't be possible.

For a racing game: FPS > Resolution > Graphics details.

For marketing/hype: Graphics details > Resolution > FPS

Pretty obvious why even when the industry hasn't widely achieved 1080p@60fps we are already looking at 4k.

baconcow

While this trailer looks beautiful, I doubt in-game racing will look anywhere near this level. It seems to be mostly either CGI or replay segments, or a mix of both. Either way, it looks beautiful. Hoping for some in-game footage from this weekend.

While this trailer looks beautiful, I doubt in-game racing will look anywhere near this level. It seems to be either CGI or replay segments, or a mix of both. Either way, it looks beautiful. Hoping for some in-game footage from this weekend.

It's just like the previous GT trailers. They just add super sampling or something similar to clean up the image quality.

Sebmugi

A real new gen GT is running <3

On some screen adaptive teselation does not do his job well and some textures of stickers a bit drooling... ok but it does not matter ^^

All this is frankly sublime oO'

Is this thing ever going to come out? For a multiplayer oriented game with anemic solo content, it sure is taking a long time. I don't even think we'll get a proper GT this generation at this rate.

Top Bottom