• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Merguson

Banned
shadowkat is a loose cannon. We were playing Overwatch, when we won she said, "Hey why are we playing against AI?" Which rattled the opposite team, no respek for the game.
That's savage

D6l8fu1.gif

speaking of hockey, I believe teams are free to discuss with free agents now?

just bring back cody franson

Syrinx

The only Canes pick I'm cold on right now is Luke Martin, and that's mostly because of reports describing him as a stay-at-home, shot-blocking d-man which makes me apprehensive. Maybe these aren't accurate or fair descriptions of him; I legit have no idea.

Well, also I'm cold on Morgan Geekie, but that's basically entirely because his name is Geekie and not anything to do with hockey at all.

Calder winner was American, Vezina winner was Russian and Norris winner SHOULD HAVE been Swedish (Karlsson got robbed).

MVP of the playoffs, MVP of the season, scoring champ, too goal scorer and top assist getter were Canadian but they were also the SAME TWO PLAYERS.

Not every Canadian player is Crosby or McDavid.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is Martin McGuire legit in any way? He's saying on a french radio station that the Habs have offered AGally a 3-4 year deal.

Solo

If we are keeping AGally I'd rather sign him now through age 29-31, instead of paying him til age 26-27 and then maybe til 33-34 at a higher rate if he becomes a stud.

zroid

Banned
Sour Grapes is gonna be continually disappointed and angry as the leafs continue to draft heavily out of Sweden and Russia for the foreseeable future

I like how he sidesteps the fact that Gordeev is from Toronto by saying he was born in another country

Grapes is even more racist than Smelly

PillarEN

Guess who posted it

EJFcU0C.jpg

This is a whole bunch of gobbledygook. We eventually saw Euro MVPs, Euro captains, Euro Art Ross winners, Euro Rocket Richard winners, Euro Vezina winners, Euro Conn Smythe winners and so and so forth. Damn right certain countries are much better in helping players become excellent. That's true, but it's absurd that anybody in the draft would forego someone that was deemed worthy because he grew up in Argentina and didn't start playing hockey until he was 9 in some hockey friendly country. Bah!

Weevilone

Has anyone used Playstation VUE for sports? Does it work ok for watching "tape" delayed but while the game is still on?

I am looking at possibly going this route, but I do this a lot and I'm worried about quirks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Per Galchenyuk's agent tonight: talks are "heading in right direction". No timetable. Wouldn't bank on #Habs trading him unless fetch is BIG
😊😊😊

nubcake

Neo Member
The Lightning have reached out to Shatner Kirk. It'll be interesting to see if he considers us this time since I believe he shot down a trade attempt last season.

Just read up on some of the new shit in NHL 18. Defensive skill stick sounds like it could be cool. And they claim to have improved AI which, if true, would be great. They specifically cite things like improved breakout passes and stuff.

Holiday

Banned
The Lightning have reached out to Shatner Kirk. It'll be interesting to see if he considers us this time since I believe he shot down a trade attempt last season.

This would be hilarious and painful. He turned down 7 years, $42M in a failed trade. If he signed there now, he'd be quite the heel.

Holiday

Banned
Catching up on the draft, and I'm excited about Kostin and Thomas. Hopefully in a couple years the Blues have a decent first-line center out of their prospect pool.

Mentok

Banned
Good. He'll be proven in making the right decision when he's got AGally and Drouin lighting it up together.

And we're really going to need his offense once Radulov walks in 6 days.

I feel sorry for whoever gives him 7 years. Anything more than 4-5 is too much.

It feels that we're going to start the season still lacking a solid 1-2D and 1-2C. They better let AGally learn the position now.

Top Bottom