• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

acohrs

Oh no no that's perfectly fine. But I'm getting married in May so that's a completely different beast :p Can you imagine how much regret I would have if I made us mislynch because I was doing something silly like saying my vows?

c8aebd01d08183b22e0258cc22102edd.jpg

roytheone

Tired of always rolling Ordinary Town? Do you get bored every night as you don't get a single role? Do you get jealous when someone else dies and he got a good role and you are stuck only with the ability to vote?

Arkham Asylum Mafia is the game for you then. This is a Role Madness game so everyone gets a role. No more waiting for things to happen. Now you will have that power. Every role has been analyzed by the best researchers in the Gafia world to make sure everything works as is intended. But don't take our word as certain. Studies made by scientists at a University in Latvia has found evidence that having a role in a mafia game improves the enjoyment of the game. As a bonus, if you decide to participate in the game you are guaranteed to have a good time and lots of fun*. Subscribe now, we only have a small amounts of spots left available. Don't miss this lifetime opportunity.

* A good time and lots of fun are abstract concepts that depends of the subject, so they can't be guaranteed.

Arkham Asylum Mafia
Players: 23
Gamerunner: Franconp
This is a cosplay game with roles taken from the Batman universe. Please be advised that this is a Role Madness game, which means that the majority of players will have some sort of special ability. All players may sign up for this game, but it is recommended for experienced players.

I see Chinese third-grade knockoffs have invaded Gafia as well! :mad:

Sounds like a ton of fun, not sure I can commit the regular time needed though, but I'll definitely consider it.

HAj6QBM.gif

Has there been a Claymore flavored mafia game? Sounds like the perfect setting almost (GM= mayor at first, overseeing lynching, then at some pre determined turn a Claymore, while a group of Yoma looking like players, devouring a player each night, is rampaging. Humans have to designate who they think is a Yoma each day cycle to the Claymore, at everyone's knowledge, the Claymore revealing right before a night cycle if the designated was human or not (if human they would not kill him though.)
I suppose that because of that last element games would tend to be shorter.

Nope, theme's totes available to host, if you want! :eek: Once you play 1 round with us, you'll be able to submit your [Mafia] game idea (list of Roles, # of players, any custom game mechanics) and the GMs here'll help you host it, balance willing...

Ty4on

Also never lie.

Unless you have a reason to lie, in which case go nuts. Lie until you're blue in the face. Lie until you've forgotten the truth.

It's everyone else's fault if they can't keep up.
Lying as town is a great scum-trap that catches townies every time.
Play a logically sound game if you want to be the odd man out.
Reasonable play? *shudders*
Remember that nobody actually knows what they're doing. More experienced players are just better at hiding that fact.

Not sure if anything was definitively settled on, but there was a lot of talk about making days a bit shorter.
Shhhhh

Hmm, that's right. If it's something like 3/2 they should still be slow enough for most players.

Sawneeks

Banned
Welcome New and Returning Players! o/

If you haven't already, I recommend joining our Discord channel! It's where we hang out and just discuss random topics, but we also sometimes run Live Mafia games on there! We don't bite*, I promise, just hop on and feel free to introduce yourself!

*except for CCS, don't go near him

CCS

Banned
Welcome New and Returning Players! o/

If you haven't already, I recommend joining our Discord channel! It's where we hang out and just discuss random topics, but we also sometimes run Live Mafia games on there! We don't bite, I promise, just hop on and feel free to introduce yourself!

Speak for yourself :p

Ty4on

Lets not bend the truth, I didn't lynch town after town after town.

A single town tunnel per game.
That's the spirit!

I never town read more than one scum per game.

Lean reads don't count

Pokemon never counts

cabot

Everyone needs practice during this season so they can be ready for my midseason masterpiece. The purest form of Mafia...

emoji mafia

thinking-face.png

CCS

Banned
Everyone needs practice during this season so they can be ready for my midseason masterpiece. The purest form of Mafia...

emoji mafia

thinking-face.png

I would actually love a live mafia game played only with emojis and player names :p

Zubz

Banned
Man, I hope we send Blarg to the Invitational.

Zubz
-He/Him
-EST
-I'll take any flavor happily, but if I can get into anime, that'd be dope.

Ourobolus

Banned
How do the themes work in terms of gameplay? Is it for RPing?

Themes are just really there for flavor. Mafia has the default theme of "Mafia vs. Town" or "Werewolves vs. Town," but you can spice that up by making a new theme, like "ISIS (from Archer) vs. KGB" or "Hogwarts vs. Death Eaters."

Usually someone has a theme in mind, then puts together a setup, and then it's vetted and balanced. However, if you're playing in a Star Wars game and let's say you roll Darth Vader, you probably don't want to roleplay as him if you're on the scum team. The goal is to generally keep your abilities/role a secret until it's necessary to reveal and/or lie about it.

If we do RP and use the anime theme, then I think I may act like All Might from Hero Academia

DO NOT WORRY, GAFIA, FOR I AM HERE!

roytheone

You can kinda use them to hint at your role (for example : my superior batman game had commissioner Gordon as a cop role, so that player could hint at being Gordon to signal their role) but it is mostly for fun.

Gorlak

Banned

You can do whatever you want. We have a few players enjoying to RP and others who will try to lynch you for it. It's entirely up to you.

In general it's like Burb said. The theme should be the cream on your vanilla ice that is pure mafia. Some ignore the theme completely, which you can do (but is no fun :p), others embrace it.

roytheone

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Oreomunsta, I like you :)

Edit: And never feel ashamed to double post because editing is forbidden ingame!

Double post? Puh, you aren't a full gafia member until you quadruple posted! Yeah, you could have put that all in one big post, but why would you? ;)

Ourobolus

Banned
Every time we have a new season I go back and read through Werewolf 2.

It's my favorite.

The finest lesson in hubris and tacos

roytheone

Every time we have a new season I go back and read through Werewolf 2.

It's my favorite.

The finest lesson in hubris and tacos

Everyone that rolls scum should be forced to read that game so that they understand that no matter how far ahead you are, you are only one major fuck up away from losing. Don't try to rush your victory.

TheExodu5

Banned
Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): 1. Animu 2. Arkham 3. Infamous
Time-zone: EST

Pretty busy these days (just bought and am renovating a house), but I'll do my best to keep up!

kingkitty

Here are some tips and tricks for newbies:

1) Trust no one, not even yourself.

2) If you die in the game, you die in real life.

Top Bottom